Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ian Wright was a very good player and a dreadful pundit. I also liked his Football Behind Bars show where he made a lot of noise about his Tribulations and Hard Prison Life as though he'd done time for murder rather than two weeks for not insuring his car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
And also the time he stormed off Match of The Day saying they were using him as a 'comedy jester' rather than a serious stat dude, which conveniently overlooked the fact that he was loving poo poo and no-one missed him when he was gone

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ian Wright was my favorite player when I was younger

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Who is this creatine user?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

please respond posted:

Who is this creatine user?

Enrique aka "The Bull." The gear has shrunk his footballing brain though, shame.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

the sex ghost posted:

And also the time he stormed off Match of The Day saying they were using him as a 'comedy jester' rather than a serious stat dude, which conveniently overlooked the fact that he was loving poo poo and no-one missed him when he was gone

I liked his chicken tonight commerical and when he was a player but those are the only two instances where i thought that him being on tv was a decent idea.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

T. Mascis posted:

Enrique aka "The Bull." The gear has shrunk his footballing brain though, shame.
Enrique is supposed to be seriously thick as poo poo, even amongst footballers. On that "Teammates" thing that Soccer AM used to do, I've seen more than one player (Newcastle and Liverpool) name him as the stupidest member of the squad.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Raheem Sterling is 17 years old and has 3 kids oh dear

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Found this on the racist football forum someone linked in another thread.

Charlotte Hornets fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 20, 2012

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

High res shot of Borini celebrating against Gomel.

Click for gigantic.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

One of the best celebrations in the game and also the kit looks so goddamn lovely Eat poo poo Hoops

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

T. Mascis posted:

One of the best celebrations in the game and also the kit looks so goddamn lovely Eat poo poo Hoops

Have English commentators explained what that means yet?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

We'd need him to score a goal first :(

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

What does it mean?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
If only there was a deep and pensive person in TRP who could unearth the ulterior meaning of this celebration.

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

Adulterous Hitler posted:

If only there was a deep and pensive person in TRP who could unearth the ulterior meaning of this celebration.
Maybe Borrini used to be a pirate or something? I dunno.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
It's an Italian saying, to say one has a "coltello tra i denti", a knife in his teeth. It means someone who is always working hard and is ambitious. I just like that it's something positive and not pompous. I thought that's why Finn liked it, but maybe it's just because it looks cool.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

It's an Italian saying, to say one has a "coltello tra i denti", a knife in his teeth. It means someone who is always working hard and is ambitious. I just like that it's something positive and not pompous. I thought that's why Finn liked it, but maybe it's just because it looks cool.

Yep that is why, it's unique and singular and cool as poo poo.

He scored against Gomel Ewar and I'm pretty sure the commentators mentioned it then.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/fail/139733/snapshot-you-cant-buy-class-west-ham-owner-david-sullivans-understated-home.html

I'm not sure why David Sullivan needs 2 sky remotes

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
i'm seeing double, four remotes!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
http://deadspin.com/5945136/one+legged-soccer-player-scores-incredible-goal-off-corner-kick

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Arjen Robben's been scoring from set-pieces for years though?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
The little runt has scored 50 Premier League goals for City; he clearly enjoys playing Chelsea:

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Sep 21, 2012

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
for City, surely?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Tsaedje posted:

for City, surely?

Fixed, thanks!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

Map of London based on club allegiance from a Guardian feature on maps. Manchester clubs not included.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Here's a similar one that ffwtbol.co.uk did for Wales

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Springheel Jack posted:

Map of London based on club allegiance from a Guardian feature on maps. Manchester clubs not included.

Wonder what's up with that tiny patch of West Ham support in the middle of Arsenal-land. There's one in Crystal Palace territory, too. Doesn't look like any other club has distant islands like that.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
In Iran, they throw grenades on the pitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djaSNx_GH9Y

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Not exactly a grenade.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

CaptainRightful posted:

Wonder what's up with that tiny patch of West Ham support in the middle of Arsenal-land. There's one in Crystal Palace territory, too. Doesn't look like any other club has distant islands like that.

I can tell you that Haringey (Hr on there) is definitely not Tottenham-territory but more Arsenal-land. Even living in Tottenham itself I saw way more Arsenal shirts than Tottenham ones, except on match-days. I'm guessing they didn't ask all that many people.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

CaptainRightful posted:

They've not counted currently-fashionable glory-hunters like Arsenal but they forget to account for the fact that West Ham were successful and popular in the 60s, leading to patchy familial offshoots of glory-hunters. You'd see the same patches of "traditional" Arsenal supporters popping up everywhere if you did the map in 2040.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

atomic gog posted:

Here's a similar one that ffwtbol.co.uk did for Wales

Depressingly accurate

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

PirateBob posted:

Not exactly a grenade.

What are you on about it was an explosive device that would have caused some serious damage to him if he had held on to it a couple of seconds more.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

What kind of dumbass grabs an explosive like that?

e: You're right, maybe it was homemade and didn't really look like a smoke bomb, hard to tell by the video but still, very lucky guy.

VVVV

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 21, 2012

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Drogadon posted:

What kind of dumbass grabs an explosive like that?

I don't think he knew what it was

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

One of these was a lesbian guest on Jeremy Kyle, though I'm not sure which...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Alonso and Arteta.

• Locked thread