Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Oh Mort. We really needed that.

Edit: Thank you, avatar fairy :allears:

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

I regret making them blink so much. There is now, I think, too much blinking.

(please do not change Donny, he is a good avatar)

Needs more blinking.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Bongo Bill posted:

I was quite fond of my old avatar, but instead of complaining about that, I'll instead complain that whoever got me this one apparently didn't want to spring for one of the animated ones. Thanks for nothing rear end

HEY! I have a granted stationary Mort avatar, and I'm doing jussst fiiiine.

Deal with it.

EDIT: See you schmendricks Monday...

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 21, 2012

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jones is a stone robot.

edit:WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 21, 2012

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Holy poo poo best avatar

Was there anything in the comic to suggest that Mort is actually dead/was once alive? I mean, he's a ghost obviously, but I'm kinda getting the idea he's a ghost like Robot is a robot.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
What a flat landscape. Probably easy to move around on wheels, even small ones. I wonder who will our characters meet here.

PiotrLegnica posted:

It's been a while since we last saw Boxbot.

PiotrLegnica :argh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'M A MONSTER.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Wili posted:

What a flat landscape. Probably easy to move around on wheels, even small ones. I wonder who will our characters meet here.

I'd guess Doctor Disaster's version of the Daleks.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

The page before this one is hilarious with all these Mort avatars. It's a Mortstravaganza! :iia:

I like my Red, please dont change it.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

"The Stone" eh?

Is that referring to Jones, since this is probably a Jones chapter? She's not a robot! She's actually been a rock the whole time!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Haha I will gladly Mort with it, thank you.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Haha, these last couple of pages are great. I love my Jones though! I reckon whoever said she was a golem was close to the mark...

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Nice ambiguous title page, this could go more or less anywhere...

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

"The Stone" eh?

Is that referring to Jones, since this is probably a Jones chapter? She's not a robot! She's actually been a rock the whole time!
Well, it might be referring to Coyote's stone analogy from this chapter. People looking at a stone and only seeing something else, and all. However, Jones is apparently the perfect evidence of Coyote's big theory, so maybe some similar idea plays into her identity. Hmmmm.

Or the blinker stone!

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
I was going to go with "More fun with blinker stones".

But I'm kind of hoping for some new information about the court. Maybe it doesn't exist either.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Well that just happened. Avatar fairy is the best!

I guess this chapter might have something to do with the blinker stone, given that it has been mentioned several times that Annie probably won't be needing one for much longer.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Ahahahahaha oh my god this is the best thing, thank you whoever did this, my god how I laughed, oh how I laughed. Like half of the previous page is spazzing out with MORT FUN TIME

[Edit] MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT - lmao

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Holy poo poo best avatar

Was there anything in the comic to suggest that Mort is actually dead/was once alive? I mean, he's a ghost obviously, but I'm kinda getting the idea he's a ghost like Robot is a robot.

quote:

Space Ghost: I've always been dead, Conan.
Conan O'Brien: No one can always be dead, Space Ghost.
Space Ghost: I was dead long before you were born, Conan, and I'll be dead long before you're dead.
Conan O'Brien: Space Ghost is obviously a MAN who DIED and became a space GHOST! Now, I know you don't want the KIDS to know that you DIED, but you DIED, baby, and you gotta get down with that.
Space Ghost: No!
Conan O'Brien: [shouting] Face it, Space Ghost!
Space Ghost: No!
Conan O'Brien: You're a space man that choked on a muffin!
Space Ghost: That, sir, is impossible because I am allergic to muffins!
Conan O'Brien: Oh, I'm sorry.
Space Ghost: Yeah, you're thinking of Muffin-Hunter. He's different.

Probably something like that.

Buff Skeleton fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 21, 2012

Cat Plus Plus
Apr 8, 2011

:frogc00l:
Gunnerkrigg Court Thread: designated fun time area

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Yeah I would guess blinker stone shenanigans.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Piell posted:

Yeah I would guess blinker stone shenanigans.

Uh oh, non-gunnerkrigg avatar spotted. Quick, someone!

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
I'm hoping it has something to do with Sir Young because I want to hear more about the backstory of the Court.

Oh and by the way Coyote's greatest trick was really playing in The Cult.
(yeah yeah alchemical symbol, blah blah blah)

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

It's actually effecting people even outside of the gunnerkrigg thread. Yesterday must have been payday.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Hell yeah mort crew :ghost::hf::ghost:

Thanks anonymous benefactor!

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Sgt. Ramen posted:

I have the feeling that Gunnerkrigg Court has been hijacked by KC Green. Which would be fine, if the outcome resulted in more pages like this one.

Also, I have no avatar still, so I am preemptively calling dibby dibs on that last panel.

This guy still has a stupid newbie avatar, the lone non-Gunnerkrigg avatar on the last page. The avatar fairy laughs in the name of your dibby-dibs!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Well if nothing else, this last page has conclusively proved that Tom is in the pocket of Big Lowtax. I guarantee that within a month the entire comic is going to be nothing but reaction faces at perfect avatar resolution and subliminal messages encouraging everyone to get Platinum. :tinfoil:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
So, what time is it?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Oh no, someone bought me a Mort-vatar!

Wait, what am I saying? Oh yes, someone bought me a Mort-vatar!

Edit: It took me until I got home and posted on my computer to discover that I have new title text too. Thanks, magical Gunnerkrigg avatar fairy!

Well Manicured Man fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 21, 2012

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Gnome de plume posted:

So, what time is it?

It's waiting-over-the-weekend-for-more-story time. :(

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Oh man, the slow invasion of Mort avatars is great. Someone had a field day with that page and I can't blame them.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Wow, all of these Morts are amazing and I love it.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Finally decided to check out where all the Coyote avatars were coming from, found the comic, and sat down to see what the fuss was... a few hours later and I finished reading the entire archive. Oops. Worth it, though-one of the best parts was seeing the art go from borderline terrible to amazing in a fairly short period of time. I love the paper-like texture in the backgrounds, and the way Coyote is drawn, and the style of pages featuring the ether, and... :allears:

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
E: ^^^ another convert! Huzzah!

Laser Cow posted:

I was going to go with "More fun with blinker stones".

But I'm kind of hoping for some new information about the court. Maybe it doesn't exist either.

Maybe the entire court is made of stones? :tinfoil:

... it's probably more exploration of the blinker stone, I guess. Not that it was done giving up its secrets.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I know Tom has said Jones won't be a golem, but was earth elemental ever been dismissed?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If she's a former part of Coyote than she can probably be any element she wants.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
holy poo poo morts!

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
Wait was that one white thingy that created The Court a seed or a stone? Because I already wanna know what is up with it.

Edit: Oh my god all these Morts. It's like a ghost party in here

Dogbutt fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 21, 2012

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Dogbutt posted:

Wait was that one white thingy that created The Court a seed or a stone? Because I already wanna know what is up with it.

Well, it's called the seed bismuth, so it could be either.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Dogbutt posted:

I believe it's a seed, though I can't seem to recall where I got that idea from.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I have no idea what's going on in this thread but I'm pretty sure it's fantastic.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I believe it's a seed, though I can't seem to recall where I got that idea from.

The first time I recall it mentioned is from the time Kat brought the old robot back to life. It's one of the last things he says before he dies again.

Edit: Found it. And it is the seed Bismuth.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I think you're remembering the line "It grew from the stone Bismuth."