Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
more like snipes up barely legal teens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

what is this posted:

more like snipes up barely legal teens

mods ????

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
snitches get stitches.py

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

what is this posted:

snitches get stitches.py

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
your string's going to be sliced[-5]

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Seriously though, the whole Romney thing that's dominating the political world right right now is literally a debate about the interpretation of economic and demographic data.

If Statpedia had been positioned to take advantage...

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

So it goes.

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
if you donate there might still be time

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Guido van Possum posted:

if you donate there might still be time

lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

oh poop, an idea

brb, gonna go kickstart a ᴍᴀᴄʜɪɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪᴛsᴇʟғ

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

who wants to donate to my kickstarter, its for a dock u put in ur shower and u put ur ipad in and its waterproof

and also somehow transfers touches to the screen and you can use ur ipad

i just came up w/ that off the top of my head

original idea dont steal !

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

who wants to donate to my kickstarter, its for a dock u put in ur shower and u put ur ipad in and its waterproof

and also somehow transfers touches to the screen and you can use ur ipad

i just came up w/ that off the top of my head

original idea dont steal !

gallon ziploc freezer bags.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

they dont have speakers built in or suction cup to your wall, duh

plus after the kickstart is done u wait like 8 months and then send out ziplocs anyway

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

gently caress if i'm trusting my ipad to that

also if you think there's some pressing reason for you to be using your ipad in the shower then lol

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
i have an idea for a chair that you can ride around in so you dont have to walk everywhere, who wants to invest?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i have an idea but i cannot release it until 1 million in donations then you will see the future

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

i just farted

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

same

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

theflyingexecutive posted:

also if you think there's some pressing reason for you to be using your ipad in the shower then lol
bluetooth taps so you can control water flow w/ ur ipad

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
Is Ian gone? I hope he's ok

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ian how do you feel about the new structure put in place by kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/blog/kickstarter-is-not-a-store

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hey this is pretty cool and might help a little bit.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

0xB16B00B5 posted:

Ian how do you feel about the new structure put in place by kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/blog/kickstarter-is-not-a-store

lol they should've just linked to the ouya kickstarter and said "do nothing like this"

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hors d'ebooks

also

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

lol they should've just linked to the ouya kickstarter and said "do nothing like this"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

they must be making GBS threads themselves for when the ouya flops and the backlash hits them

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

kickfarter

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

oval office AND PASTE posted:

Windows Update started throwing 0x8000FFFF a day ago, and now my machine is out of compliance with NAP, so my network access is limited. Luckily, I'd just sent the FY11 reports off to Mr. Henderson, so I was off the hook for the rest of the afternoon. I picked up the phone and called down the hall.

"IT, this is Ian."

Oh no, not Ian. He wouldn't know what to do with me.

I hung up and waited five minutes, then put the call back into IT.

"IT, this is Ian."

Oh hell, why not.

"Hi Ian, this is Andrea in 219. My Windows Update is giving me errors, and now it says my connection is limited and I can't get anywhere. Can you come take a look?"

"Sure thing, I'll be there in a minute."

A few minutes later, Ian peeks his head around the corner. "Come on in, Ian".

Looks like he stopped by the Coke machine on the way in. "Hi, Andrea. So, you're having problems with your updates?"

I stand up and offer my chair to him. He places the Coke on the desk, sits down, and cracks his knuckles before popping the soda open. I watch as he minimizes my Internet Explorer window, which was open to a Google search for "tantric sex".

I walk over to shut the door, then bend over the desk, giving him a straight shot down my silky top. "How's things, Ian?"

His eyes turn and look straight down my shirt, then up to me. He gets a silly grin and stammers out, "Uh, oh, OK. Just fine". Then turns back to the computer.

Seconds pass.

"Ahh, its this dang KB928731. Microsoft Word 2007 update. This thing's been a real pain, but I should have you up in a jiff."

"Cool", I say, twirling my hair. I stand up and walk over to the window, resting my butt on the frame. Ian continues typing.

"Ian, don't you ever think about all these people in this big city? Going here and there.."

Ian's eyes stay on the screen, but his fingers are lifted, hovering over they keys, as if they are hanging breathless on my next words.

"Going to jobs they hate, returning home to families they're emotionally disconnected from."

Ian instinctively reaches in his pocket and pulls out his Bianca spray to freshen his breath.

A sinister tone takes over my voice. "Doing things they..shouldn't do?"

Silence.

"Put it in the hole, Ian."

That was a good thread

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

theflyingexecutive posted:

gently caress if i'm trusting my ipad to that

i tried glad wrapping mine for bathtime use, but halfway through realized how dumb the whole endeavour was.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

BooLoo posted:

i tried glad wrapping mine for bathtime use, but halfway through realized how dumb the whole endeavour was.
lifehacks: if you have a sink in the bathroom stand your iPad in it, the bowl shape acts as an amplifier.

This may also work with toilets, but this is untested so far.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lifehacks: if you have a sink in the bathroom stand your iPad in it, the bowl shape acts as an amplifier.

This may also work with toilets, but this is untested so far.

product idea: the PoopDock

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

MODS

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
dockbutt

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

hey this is pretty cool and might help a little bit.

yeah that's actually a surprisingly big step in the right direction

i especially like that new products and hardware aren't allowed to show renderings of "what it's going to look like someday" any more, only photos of the exact currently available physical prototype. that's really hardcore restrictive, and people are already getting pissy about it, but it is absolutely something that needed to be done

also like the stuff about not offering packs of 10 OUYAS IN EVERY COLOR as a reward because that implies that you have a bunch of them ready to ship instead of metering them out to developers to assist in the process

i am genuinely impressed

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

Is Ian gone? I hope he's ok

i think he's fine, he just forgot to recruit a competent marketing guy

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/armadillo/the-arm-adillo-pencil-case-for-artists?ref=home_location
gently caress off

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
he almost has one thousand friends!

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
you can do it enrique!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

only if they can be fired forwards at high velocity