Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sos
Dec 9, 2004
That shelf lean that Jax does is hilarious. He looks completely bewildered after he completes his lean like he cannot work out how he ended up in this position or what he needs to do to get out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

No mention of Chibbs talking his anger out on the Tin Cup VHS?

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
Speaking of Chibbs, is it just me, or has anyone else not understood a loving thing he's said this season? It's like having a Gaelic R2-D2.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

basx posted:

Speaking of Chibbs, is it just me, or has anyone else not understood a loving thing he's said this season? It's like having a Gaelic R2-D2.

There's a lot of mumbling and talking in a hushed voice this season.
Maybe they're cutting back on "speaking parts" to save some money, who knows.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Cuntactors using their voices just takes away from the Writer's vision.

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.

basx posted:

Flanagan probably has to be shitcanned drunk to keep working on this show.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

mcbexx posted:

There's a lot of mumbling and talking in a hushed voice this season.
Maybe they're cutting back on "speaking parts" to save some money, who knows.

Less words means more CGI blood and CIA badges. Its a simple formula.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It's probably not a good thing that Juice is the only one on that list that I'd re really sad to have die. Tig would pull at a heartstring or two but gently caress the rest of those people. I secretly hope it's Tara who kicks it (even though it won't be); estrogen is bad for SAMCRO.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

My money's on Otto dying. It's the kind of writing that the show always uses to get the gang out of trouble.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
No way Sutter's going to off his own drat character, although suddenly proclaiming that Otto is a MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH would be fitting for his ego, I suppose.

Speaking of which, I had to explain to a friend the other day what a showrunner/who Kurt Sutter was. It's strange how highfalutin our dialogue is around here, especially considering how lovely the subject matter has gotten.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
From the creator of browalk.gif

brawkwardlean.gif

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I just watched that loop about 30 times.

Can I request Chibbs punching the videos?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Junkenstein posted:

I just watched that loop about 30 times.

Can I request Chibbs punching the videos?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Brilliant.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Amazing. I'm guessing that Sutter was in full Big Otto attire, saw the Jax-Lean with about 3% vision and just said "gently caress it, let's move on to the next scene"

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

niethan posted:

I love you.

kensei posted:

If only Raylan visited Charming, that would be the best ending ever' chat so quickly.

I recently started watching Justified based on the chat in last season's thread and I'm sort of confused about people's attitudes towards the show. It's fun, and I love Tim Olyphant, but it's super corny and unrealistic in a lot of the same ways people here criticize SOA. I guess I thought people talked about Justified because it's an all-around better show, but having finished the first season it just seems to be a more open and earnest embrace of the silliness that SOA has succumbed to. It sort of reminds me of Matlock, substituting "lead shoots and kills" for "lead wins the case."

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

solovyov posted:

I love you.

I recently started watching Justified based on the chat in last season's thread and I'm sort of confused about people's attitudes towards the show. It's fun, and I love Tim Olyphant, but it's super corny and unrealistic in a lot of the same ways people here criticize SOA. I guess I thought people talked about Justified because it's an all-around better show, but having finished the first season it just seems to be a more open and earnest embrace of the silliness that SOA has succumbed to. It sort of reminds me of Matlock, substituting "lead shoots and kills" for "lead wins the case."

Second season is much better. I couldn't even finish the first and really got into the second and third

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

solovyov posted:

Watch Season 2 and get back to us.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Propaganda Machine posted:

No way Sutter's going to off his own drat character, although suddenly proclaiming that Otto is a MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH would be fitting for his ego, I suppose.

Speaking of which, I had to explain to a friend the other day what a showrunner/who Kurt Sutter was. It's strange how highfalutin our dialogue is around here, especially considering how lovely the subject matter has gotten.

I thought really didn't enjoy playing Otto so that's an easy way out for him not to have to appear again.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Bonus brofart.gif

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.
This thread is about two hundred times more entertaining than the show it's about. Better written too.

I was thinking about resurrecting my Sons costume from three years ago this year, but I'll really play the part this time and walk like I'm making GBS threads my pants and then accidentally shoot everyone at the party.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Make sure you cause a real scene when you actually poo poo your pants, and then when everyone's recoiling in horror, loudly exclaim "I'M GONNA FIND OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS" and then bro-walk out of there.

Ahhh Real Zombies!
Jul 16, 2007
Get it?
Hoping Tara dies. Jax was more interesting when he was single and she's morphing into his mom too much (at a slower, more crappy parenting rate).

Didn't Jax's ex Wendy show back up clean & sober last season, wanting to see her kid? I don't think that was resolved, was it? And it's only been like three weeks since then, so she should be popping back up to take screen time away from the bike fights.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

solovyov posted:

I love you.

Now I kinda wanna see a bro-walking Waylan.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

solovyov posted:

Like everyone else said, Season 2 is even better. Maggs :allears:

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010
Was one of the videos in the brother house Leprechaun in the hood?

Modus Operandi fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 22, 2012

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
I'm not sure if it is, but if it was the film is "Leprechaun in the Hood"

Singular. Plural implies two Leprechauns in the hood which is far too complex a concept to properly convey in your typical feature film length.

Note I specify the plural as two and not more than two. Three or more Leprechauns in the hood would just be preposterous.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Modus Operandi posted:

EDITING PLURAL TO SINGULAR

Here's what I think of your edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlufxatPxnA

The Gallows
Aug 10, 2007

Yip-yip-yip-yip... Uh-huh.
Seriously though, what were those documents? I'm streaming it at like 480p and can't read anything.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Y'know, a rapping murderous leprechaun is just what this show needs to get things back on track.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The Gallows posted:

Seriously though, what were those documents? I'm streaming it at like 480p and can't read anything.

Birth certificates (Jax'?) and marriage licences (Gemma and John Teller), if I remember correctly.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!

mcbexx posted:

Birth certificates (Jax'?) and marriage licences (Gemma and John Teller), if I remember correctly.

In the next shocking episode, Jax learns that Gemma had premarital sex!!!! He vows to his mother to find out who knocked her up with him.

Does anyone doubt it's Clay?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

basx posted:

In the next shocking episode, Jax learns that Gemma had premarital sex!!!! He vows to his mother to find out who knocked her up with him.

Does anyone doubt it's Clay?

Betting on Juice...Jax gets kicked out for being 1/4 black and joins the Niners.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

niethan posted:

brawkwardlean.gif

I just watched this episode and I was laughing so hard at this I had to pause the DVR. I'm so glad I'm not the only one

Like, seriously, how does the director not see this and reshoot it? Come on

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Half-sack was smart to get out when he did. It's only been downhill from there.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
I miss half sack. Still one of the best scenes was the chain saw and deer.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
Have they ever explained how Juice got into the club in the first place? They remember the 'hacker' specialty every other season and the subplot about his father was completely superfluous. He's probably my favorite character because he does the least amount of terrible things, which makes me wonder why he's with the Sons at all.

I have to wonder how much of Sutter's writing/directing was made worse or better by consulting with Sonny Barger.

Zhaan fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 23, 2012

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zhaan posted:

Have they ever explained how Juice got into the club in the first place? They remember the 'hacker' specialty every other season and the subplot about his father was completely superfluous. He's probably my favorite character because he does the least amount of terrible things, which makes me wonder why he's with the Sons at all.

I have to wonder how much of Sutter's writing/directing was made worse or better by consulting with Sonny Barger.
Juice was alright until he killed someone that was way cooler than him. I miss Miles. :(

Amdis
Jan 9, 2007

Anyone mind refreshing my memory on why Opie and his second wife broke up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Amdis posted:

Anyone mind refreshing my memory on why Opie and his second wife broke up?

From what I recall he had some hangups about her particular choice of occupation.

Cage posted:

Juice was alright until he killed someone that was way cooler than him. I miss Miles. :(

Remember when we liked Juice?

Sutter! :argh:

• Locked thread