Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J Miracle
Mar 25, 2010
It took 32 years, but I finally figured out push-ups!

Hey I hear tell you ate a pie or something a year ago have you considered moving on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schitzo
Mar 20, 2006

I can't hear it when you talk about John Druce

terrorist ambulance posted:

I read it for like 5 seconds, but most of the comments seem to acknowledge that Mcdonalds should be at fault for serving people molten lead advertised as coffee. Come up with a highlight reel if you're going to post a link to reddit, no one's reading through that poo poo

I find the words "fused labia" pretty much end the argument on the spot.

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

J Miracle posted:

Hey I hear tell you ate a pie or something a year ago have you considered moving on

He asked what the deal with ATL was and I like my Sparklee. I do appreciate your being an rear end in a top hat though.

Edit: I mean, come on, when's the last time you ever remember me mentioning it in this thread or on Facebook or anywhere else? A year or so ago? You're just being mean to be mean.

MoFauxHawk fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Sep 22, 2012

Feces Starship
Nov 11, 2008

in the great green room
goodnight moon

MoFauxHawk posted:

He asked what the deal with ATL was and I like my Sparklee. I do appreciate your being an rear end in a top hat though.

Edit: I mean, come on, when's the last time you ever remember me mentioning it in this thread or on Facebook or anywhere else? A year or so ago? You're just being mean to be mean.

above the law mentioned?

PIE KING IS HERE

EDIT: pressing the "?" button reveals that you started a post with "As the pie king..." sometime around january.

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

Feces Starship posted:

above the law mentioned?

PIE KING IS HERE

EDIT: pressing the "?" button reveals that you started a post with "As the pie king..." sometime around january.

There you go, nine months ago, and I just used it to start a sentence where I said that I like the JD14 class (my class) at my school a lot. But yeah, maybe I should never mention anything that's happened in my life in the past again in any post from now on.

Edit: Also it was "As the pie king here...", referring to NULS, because Direwolf had said to ask me what I thought about my class at Northwestern.

MoFauxHawk fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 22, 2012

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
This may be the dumbest thing this thread has ever argued over.

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

nm posted:

This may be the dumbest thing this thread has ever argued over.

Yep.

entris
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah I don't know why you guys are ragging on MoFaux, you may not know this, but his urban dictionary entry on legitimate rape was mentioned in the Washington Post.

Agesilaus
Jan 27, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Another dumb thing is the fact that possession of alcohol by a minor is apparently a misdemeanour offence in most states. I know it is here, and in California it is, too, and a person related to me through my in-laws just picked up a charge on it. So, so, dumb; how are Californian misdemeanour ASAs on deferred pros for possession of alcohol by a minor charges? I know around here I have never seen anyone actually pick up a conviction for it, although if you just kept doing it repeatedly you would ultimately wind up that way.

e: pm'd you NM just to make sure you lot do things the way we do here.

Agesilaus fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 23, 2012

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

entris posted:

Yeah I don't know why you guys are ragging on MoFaux, you may not know this, but his urban dictionary entry on legitimate rape was mentioned in the Washington Post.

Can't you move on from that already, man? You've posted about it a few times now...

quepasa18
Oct 13, 2005

Schitzo posted:

When I'm teaching my students about torts, inevitably this case comes up. And this phrase is pretty much all I have to say to shut them up, especially considering my classes are 90% female. I tell them to actually go read the case and then come back if they want to talk about it.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Agesilaus posted:

Another dumb thing is the fact that possession of alcohol by a minor is apparently a misdemeanour offence in most states. I know it is here, and in California it is, too, and a person related to me through my in-laws just picked up a charge on it. So, so, dumb; how are Californian misdemeanour ASAs on deferred pros for possession of alcohol by a minor charges? I know around here I have never seen anyone actually pick up a conviction for it, although if you just kept doing it repeatedly you would ultimately wind up that way.

e: pm'd you NM just to make sure you lot do things the way we do here.

PM sent. Answer is unfortunately it depends on the county.
I forgot to add in the county in question, it might depend on the courthouse. I suspect the north part will be more of a pain in the rear end than the southern part.

entris posted:

Nobody give a poo poo.

Can we talk about tacos or beer? Being close enough to Stone that I can get a wide variety of stone at every store is pretty awesome.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
Never mind, moved to legal questions thread.

Green Crayons fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 23, 2012

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

God, I'm so sad that all our taco carts downtown have gone to poo poo now that construction's stopped.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Arcturas posted:

God, I'm so sad that all our taco carts downtown have gone to poo poo now that construction's stopped.

I wish we had taco carts, but the county basically ban mobile food vending.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

Schitzo posted:

To be fair, I find that they end almost all arguments on the spot. It's a conversational nuclear option, and I urge everyone to employ it as needed.

Solid Lizzie
Sep 26, 2011

Forbes or GTFO
I knew those pictures were going to be gross and yet I clicked anyway. Why, Liz, why?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Yall haters step off President Pie King

Schitzo posted:

I'm trying to think of any conversation I've ever had about anything that wouldn't be ended by the words "fused labia"

e: goddamn you aelamaoin

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

e: goddamn you aelamaoin

Did you just get EFB'ed by a post made eight hours ago?

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

The HBO documentary which talked about this was pretty good. If I remember correctly the woman who sued Halliburton that they talk about later lost her lawsuit and Halliburton was seeking costs.

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.
The one upside of Vick being autodrafted onto my team is that when he does horrible and I lose, I am still happy the he had a lovely game.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

esquire :thumbsup:

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

What is that thing he's standing in? Is he in a desk that's falling over?

Also if they're recommending three things from stupid lovely overpriced loving Kenneth Cole, they're full of poo poo. gently caress Esquire. And 398 for a briefcase when you're making 30k seems pretty nuts. My lovely messenger bag with nothing valuable in it got stolen at a friend's apartment Halloween party last year; the loss of an expensive briefcase like that would be devastating. (The suit in that picture does look nice though.)

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Why does he even need a $400 messenger bag to carry his poo poo when he's wearing a perfectly serviceable desk that will do the same thing?

The Tie Bar does look pretty awesome though. Has anyone ordered from them or know anything about the quality of the ties? $15 for a nice looking silk tie would be pretty awesome if it won't fall apart in a week.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

GamingHyena posted:

The Tie Bar does look pretty awesome though. Has anyone ordered from them or know anything about the quality of the ties? $15 for a nice looking silk tie would be pretty awesome if it won't fall apart in a week.
I'd be curious. I've seen a lot of $15 "silk" ties that are just crap. I'm rarely happy with any tie that is "cheap" (which is under about 100 bucks). They lack weight, texture, and feel cheap. However, if this is some rare good deal, I've blown $15 on worse things.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

nm posted:

I'd be curious. I've seen a lot of $15 "silk" ties that are just crap. I'm rarely happy with any tie that is "cheap" (which is under about 100 bucks). They lack weight, texture, and feel cheap. However, if this is some rare good deal, I've blown $15 on worse things.

I'm thinking I may order a few, if only to see how many times I can go to court before someone notices my awesome thumbs up tie.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

entris posted:

:siren:Perma-ban toxxing myself for Ron Paul.:siren:

(Seriously.)

welp, au revoir

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

GamingHyena posted:

All but two of my ties are from there and they really own. Been wearing them for a year, day after day, and toss them into a shelf without untying and they've held up great.

10-8
Oct 2, 2003

Level 14 Bureaucrat

GamingHyena posted:

Every tie I've bought in the last year has been from The Tie Bar. I only have one of their silk ties, though. Everything else I've bought has been wool or linen. I've been really happy with them and they're a local business in Chicago so I like to support that. For $15 it's worth a shot to see if you like them.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Adar posted:

welp, au revoir

Good-night, sweet prince / and flights of angels etc etc

nm
Jan 28, 2008

San Bernardino County, California is hiring Deputy Public Defender I's. Entry level position.

Deadline is Oct 5.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
Today is a beautiful day. :unsmith:

Lucificate
Jan 4, 2005
Holy poo poo. I just found out that our judges selected me as the county's next general magistrate.

No clue how this happened. I just put my name in the hat for the hell of it. I know I have around 5-10 years less age/experience than the other 5 interviewees.

Ends up being a roughly 62% pay raise along with a tremendously increased level of responsibility and authority. I will preside over many family law cases, specialized drug courts, and involuntary commitment petitions.

First career success I have had as an attorney. 31 years old, graduated from law school in 2007 and always just had ~40k/year small practice/government employment. Feels pretty incredible but its gonna be some hard work. Previous magistrate was just appointed circuit judge. There is a high level of expectation for the position. If you suck and attorneys object to your jurisdiction too frequently, then you won't last long since you are there to reduce the docket for the judges.

I have always been a part of the law school doom and gloom crowd. Very nice to have good news for a change.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Lucificate posted:

Holy poo poo. I just found out that our judges selected me as the county's next general magistrate.

No clue how this happened. I just put my name in the hat for the hell of it. I know I have around 5-10 years less age/experience than the other 5 interviewees.

Ends up being a roughly 62% pay raise along with a tremendously increased level of responsibility and authority. I will preside over many family law cases, specialized drug courts, and involuntary commitment petitions.

First career success I have had as an attorney. 31 years old, graduated from law school in 2007 and always just had ~40k/year small practice/government employment. Feels pretty incredible but its gonna be some hard work. Previous magistrate was just appointed circuit judge. There is a high level of expectation for the position. If you suck and attorneys object to your jurisdiction too frequently, then you won't last long since you are there to reduce the docket for the judges.

I have always been a part of the law school doom and gloom crowd. Very nice to have good news for a change.

Congratulations brother! Wear pants under your robe.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

CaptainScraps posted:

Congratulations brother! Wear pants under your robe.

F that, go commando.

Also congrats wield your newfound power with gusto.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lucificate posted:

Just in time for Dredd to come out in theaters!

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

Lucificate posted:

First goon judge! Congratulations!

Agesilaus
Jan 27, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Real tie connoisseurs shop at TJ MAXX

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I inevitably spill or write on my ties so I try not to spend more than $20 on them. One of my ties was like $35 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Athenry posted:

F that, go commando.

Also congrats wield your newfound power with gusto.

Split the difference and wear batman boxers.

Also, that sounds like a fun job!