Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Midnight Raider posted:

It's like a CIA document. That said, I was curious as to why the next installment was taking so long in the first place. ...And for that matter, if the beta testing will really take several days, given it only took them a day or two to work out most of the kinks in the last one.

That said, if anyone is crazy enough to make their pledge now when they hadn't before just to get into the beta, tell me if that works out, since I was planning to make mine later, but might be able to do it earlier if I borrow a bit this week.

You don't pay anything until the time limit is hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Honestly, I'd be surprised if it took several days to test the beta. It worked a lot better than the first one did.

The only thing that didn't work for me was there was a save/load feature, and it deletes your save if you reload. That might be a limitation of HTML5, but it's weird that it doesn't work in the only scenario where you'd actually need a save/load.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is talking about the beta really necessary? :sigh:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

SirSamVimes posted:

Is talking about the beta really necessary? :sigh:

We're putting it all in spoiler tags, what more do you want?

pepperoni and keys
Sep 7, 2011

I think about food literally all day every day. It's a thing.
You can play the beta even without pledging 50$ through a bug. Can I post it here, or does that count as :filez:?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So let's break down the titles:

Kankri: Seer of Blood
Latula: Knight of Mind
Porrim: Maid of Space
Damara: Witch of Time
Aranea: Sylph of Light
Meulin: Mage of Heart
Cronus: Bard of Hope
Meenah: Thief of Life
Mituna: ??? of Doom
Kurloz: ??? of Rage
Darkleer?: ??? of Void
Summoner?: ??? of Breath

That leaves Rogue, Heir, Prince and Page.

I had a weird idea: What if the reason all the Beforus trolls are so calm and unwilling to take the fight to Lord English is that Kurloz is the Rogue of Rage and has been stealing all their anger to help fuel Gamzee's rampage.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kurloz is the Heir of Rage.
Get it? Hair. :buddy:

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I upped my pledge to $55 since i wanted to play the beta (i was toying with the idea of doing this for a while anyway, and my impatience for updates kinda sealed the deal) - there doesn't appear to be any way to access the game for me though. It seems like anyone who pledged the right amount after the emails went out doesn't get to play it, so for anyone else thinking of upping the pledge amount to grab this beta, think again.

Unless i'm still doing something laughably wrong, although there's nothing in my kickstarter inbox which is where i'm led to believe the link will appear.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I am this close to just highlighting all those spoiler tags one after another because when it comes to resisting spoilers I am five years old. And I just went and looked on Hussie's tumblr and it says "several days" and uggggghhhhh :negative:

SARSfest
Oct 28, 2010

I like where this is going.
Stay strong man, we can do this.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

God drat, but I'm glad I'm the sort of person who enjoys reading spoilers before consuming content. I might well be going mad were it not the case.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Video walkthrough of the game. I think it includes all or the vast majority of content in it right now.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

What's the song that plays while you be Cronus?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Trebuchet King posted:

What's the song that plays while you be Cronus?

http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/violet-prince

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

So in other news for those of us without beta, I quit following Prequel for a while because it seemed like updates stopped, randomly checked again yesterday and he's been updating again (slowly), there's a neat new dream sequence starting here that may be worth checking just for the neat animation effects even if you don't follow the story (make sure javascript is enabled for the site).

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I'm supposed to get the beta but every time I click the link within my kickstarter message it fails to load the flash, saying that the music didn't load.

All I want is my privileges, man! :saddowns:

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Ah, forgot there were two of each color on that album. I guess then as a followup, why does that song, more than any other, make me think of Mother 3?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I got so happy when Hate You started playing. Unfortunately (in Opera, at least), the loop wasn't perfect - had a little pause at the end - but still very enjoyable.

I freaked out a fair amount at the content in the walkaround, which was to be expected, I suppose. We've had enough specifics. :)

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
Man I got all excited because I saw like 60 new replies to this thread. Now I have to wait a few days knowing that all you tophat and monocle wearing bastards who can afford to blow $50 on a webcomic game are getting some premium country club homestuck right now. The rich get richer :mad:.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Pessimism posted:

Man I got all excited because I saw like 60 new replies to this thread. Now I have to wait a few days knowing that all you tophat and monocle wearing bastards who can afford to blow $50 on a webcomic game are getting some premium country club homestuck right now. The rich get richer :mad:.

Dude, I just linked where you can watch the whole thing. Go watch it, it's pretty choice.

Trebuchet King posted:

Ah, forgot there were two of each color on that album. I guess then as a followup, why does that song, more than any other, make me think of Mother 3?

I think it was intentional that it sound like the Pigmask Army theme.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Ah, that's the one! Thanks, that was making me nuts.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Things ran much better this time around. Only encountered one bug, where a character kept walking in a certain direction even after letting go of the key.

Kurloz seemingly mind controlling Meulin was pretty unsettling :stare: Lots of call outs to cherubs and Caliborn too, as if there was any doubt that they were on LE's side.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I actually felt kind of uncomfortable when Cronos was saying poo poo about Mituna. :ohdear: Sure, an Ampora is not meant to be a sympathetic character, but here's hoping Tumblr doesn't have too much of an aneurysm over it.

Kurloz and Gamzee, though. Holy poo poo.

I also hope it won't take too long for the minigame to go public! This must be hell to people who can't play it yet and don't want to watch it on Youtube.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Does anyone know where to find Hussie in the walkabout? People were mentioning him in the kickstarter comments but I can't find him

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
man gently caress you guys.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

MrBims posted:

Video walkthrough of the game. I think it includes all or the vast majority of content in it right now.

I don't care about Bet chat but this seems like someone's crossing the line (I assume you didn't upload this).
First, this is giving something away that others had to pay for and second, it's not intended to be public. It feels like abuse of Hussie's offer.
I mean, ultimately it's harmless but it still feels off. Maybe I'm just being dumb though. That's always possible.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Popo posted:

I don't care about Bet chat but this seems like someone's crossing the line (I assume you didn't upload this).
First, this is giving something away that others had to pay for and second, it's not intended to be public. It feels like abuse of Hussie's offer.
I mean, ultimately it's harmless but it still feels off. Maybe I'm just being dumb though. That's always possible.

I'm pretty sure Hussie knew full well what he was doing when he did this, considering the nature of the fandom (who could just barely loving hold it together with the reveal of Calliope) and how easy it would be to record it or whatever.

If not, well... :v:

EDIT: Oh, I'm not saying it excuses it, I'm just saying it was gonna happen anyway, and he probably isn't gonna throw a fit about it or anything.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 23, 2012

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Color Printer posted:

I'm pretty sure Hussie knew full well what he was doing when he did this, considering the nature of the fandom (who could just barely loving hold it together with the reveal of Calliope) and how easy it would be to record it or whatever.

If not, well... :v:

Fair point though I don't think that really excuses it. Still, no harm, just a dude grumbling on the internet.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Looking forward to playing through this thing again in a few days and finding that all the plot content is completely different.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Oh god waiting for this is going to kill me. Navigating past the spoiler bars without reading them was hard enough. :ohdear:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's hard, not playing the beta. It's hard and nobody understands.

Oh well, at least i can pass the time by making sure that every single TF2 item i have will become Homestuck-themed.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 23, 2012

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
In the kickstarter message, it says we can beta test the next Homestuck minigame... and the final minigame. Does he mean the last of these minigames, or the last game of Homestuck? :ohdear:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Looking forward to playing through this thing again in a few days and finding that all the plot content is completely different.

I can totally see him doing this, too.

The funny thing is that if this were any story but Homestuck, it'd be too obvious that this is exactly what he will do.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Desfore posted:

In the kickstarter message, it says we can beta test the next Homestuck minigame... and the final minigame. Does he mean the last of these minigames, or the last game of Homestuck? :ohdear:

Same thing. Meenah rallies up her ghost followers and successfully kills Lord English, the rest of the comic is everyone telling her how great she is and replacing the green sun with a giant gold statue built in her likeness.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Graceful Graveler posted:

I actually felt kind of uncomfortable when Cronos was saying poo poo about Mituna. :ohdear: Sure, an Ampora is not meant to be a sympathetic character, but here's hoping Tumblr doesn't have too much of an aneurysm over it.

It was pretty genuinely terrible. I didn't think Hussie could make a character more unlikable than Eridan, but "guy who molests mentally handicapped acquaintance and then verbally rips him to shreds for no loving reason" does it pretty handily.

I just hope tumblr doesn't make him out to be a good guy like Eridan. :doh:

Desfore posted:

The last of these minigames. There's gonna be one more after this one.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

We're putting it all in spoiler tags, what more do you want?

For you to not talk about it until it actually goes up as a live update, maybe?

Like, if you absolutely MUST talk about it, make an IRC channel or chat with friends you have who've played the beta. I don't think it's very fair to everyone else to be more or less excluded from the discussion.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Popo posted:

Well I mean they did pay fifty dollars for it, so...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chic Trombone posted:

Like, if you absolutely MUST talk about it, make an IRC channel or chat with friends you have who've played the beta. I don't think it's very fair to everyone else to be more or less excluded from the discussion.

There are recordings and browser workarounds. If those don't float your boat and having to wait a few days for the actual game to be out is such a trainwreck, I dunno what to tell you.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Chic Trombone posted:

I don't have it either, but if you don't think they can discuss homestuck spoilers within spoiler tags in the homestuck thread, there's nothing anyone can do for you. This is exactly the right place for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I was going to beta test, but decided I'll just wait a few more days and absorb it all at once. Thanks for the spoiler tags.

By the by, there's one snoutpack available right now, if anyone wants to snatch it up.