Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

TaurusOxford posted:

Finally got this in the mail. Of course, I got royally screwed by customs and they decided to charge me 35 dollars. :argh:

I paid that much just to import Full Armour Unicorn and MG Sinanju from Asia to Australia. Import pricing sucks here, but unless I want to get gouged in relatively rare brick and mortar stores it's my only choice.

Has anyone built a master grade GNX-603T? Any opinions on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Ignimbrite posted:

Has anyone built a master grade GNX-603T? Any opinions on it?

I've only read a review of it, but apparently some of those long fins come off very easily and you'll probably want a stand because of its tiny feet giving it balance problems. It still looks really great though, especially with that huge rifle it comes with.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I have it, it's a good mg but I'd have to agree that getting a stand would be a good idea.

Plus the Gn-X looks loving awesome, so go for it.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Hey, guys, do you like GUNPLA?! How about video games?! Well, I've got the video game for you! Check out Gundam Breaker, where you favorite Gunpla from different scales duke it out in diorama-inspired environments!

Bandai, you're not even trying any more are you? After Gunpla Builder and AGE you just gave up an pretenses about your motivations, right?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Prototype Nu Gundam ver Ka image:

Apparently the article mentions a LED. I guess we're getting a light up head.

Also, don't knock that Gundam Breaker game. I saw RX-78-2 with Deathscythe's Beam scythe and 00 Gundam with Wing Zero's wings, which makes me happy for the potential to make crazy rear end mobile suits. :)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

TaurusOxford posted:

Also, don't knock that Gundam Breaker game. I saw RX-78-2 with Deathscythe's Beam scythe and 00 Gundam with Wing Zero's wings, which makes me happy for the potential to make crazy rear end mobile suits. :)

Hrm... maybe. With previous MGs the lights were always mailaway Japan exclusives :(

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Hrm... maybe. With previous MGs the lights were always mailaway Japan exclusives :(

Not always. The Exia Ignition Mode included them (though that itself was a limited edition so who knows).

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

TaurusOxford posted:

jizz in my.. jizz in my pants pants pants. I'm so glad to be employed again, December is going to be a great month for models and I to be getting along. Also am I high in thinking that they just recently did a newer MG ZZ? I thought I remembered seeing something about it but dalong.net doesn't have it listed.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
You're clearly confused. You might be thinking of the RG Zeta Gundam. The last thing they did with ZZ with the HGUC kit.

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010
Could've sworn it was brought up before in the thread but for my life i can't find it - what's the popular opinion on the MG patlabor kits? Are they rare-ish? I know they're a bit old so i'd give a lot of leeway in the engineering.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
MG Ingram was pretty well done, but the rubber joint sleeves suck by their very definition and really limit posability. I also recall mine being kind of tricky to build. Good kit overall, though.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

TaurusOxford posted:

You're clearly confused. You might be thinking of the RG Zeta Gundam. The last thing they did with ZZ with the HGUC kit.

Well, Bandai is releasing a Robot Damashii [SIDE MS] ZZ Gundam in January, but obviously that's not a model kit.

Of course, I think I may be the only one who really cares about Robot Damashii.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mecha Gojira posted:

Well, Bandai is releasing a Robot Damashii [SIDE MS] ZZ Gundam in January, but obviously that's not a model kit.

They are making TV Wing figures, so I care somewhat? *looks at Wing Zero* :)

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I need to show people this. Because it is awesome.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
Not sure if non-plamo is allowed, but some stuff came in.

Not pictured, a Robot Damashii Victory Gundam.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mecha Gojira posted:

You're not; I have all the FMP! RDs as well as a few Gundams that caught my eye. Also see the post above mine.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

MG42 posted:

Not sure if non-plamo is allowed, but some stuff came in.

Not pictured, a Robot Damashii Victory Gundam.

Oh, no, feel free. This is a robot toy thread. Glad I'm not the only one who collects that kind of stuff, because I've got a shelf that looks like this:

Linked because of potential Simulwatch Spoilers.

By the way, how is the Super Robot Chogokin Armored Core V figure? The game itself wasn't all that hot, but I liked the design.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Mecha Gojira posted:

Oh, no, feel free. This is a robot toy thread. Glad I'm not the only one who collects that kind of stuff, because I've got a shelf that looks like this:

Oh hey I see you got your Sazabi too. Its a beefy bastard, isn't it? I'm just disappointed it didn't get its own custom stand for how big it is.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

Mecha Gojira posted:

By the way, how is the Super Robot Chogokin Armored Core V figure? The game itself wasn't all that hot, but I liked the design.

Nice collection!

The armored core figure is pretty nice, it's got some great joints and feels really stable, not matter in what pose you put it. My only complains are with the hands and the weapon hangers. The hand ball-joint is not strong enough to keep up the gatling gun, really needs a bit of glue to keep it steady. The weapons on the back might fall off if you move the figure around too much. Bit of a shame, but the figure itself completely makes up for that.
If you're still interested in the figure, Amiami has it for 2200 yen currently. Quite the steal I'd say.
That said, don't bother with the separately sold add-on weapon. It's big, unwieldy and a pain to assemble from what I've heard.

I'll make a bunch of pictures of my collection as well later on.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Zebulon posted:

Oh hey I see you got your Sazabi too. Its a beefy bastard, isn't it? I'm just disappointed it didn't get its own custom stand for how big it is.

It's weird too, because other Tamashii Nations lines like SH Figuarts and SH Monsterarts are starting to come with their own custom stands, but Super Robot Chogokin and Robot Damashii seem to be left behind in that regard. I find that the the modular Stage Acts seem kind of fragile and unstable. I have three, plus another one that came with the Turn A option parts, and all of them are cracking where the long plastic tubes meet the joint pieces. Then of course sometimes if you don't get the balance just right, the whole stand just slumps over. If that's an issue with regular sized RD figures, I can't imagine the nightmare it'd be to place the Sazabi or some of the heavier Super Robot Chogokins on one.

Now the ones that come with the Figuarts/Monsterarts are great because they aren't made up of separate joint and tube pieces, but instead the joint and the tube are a single piece. It takes away some of the flexibility of the modular Stage Acts, but at the same time makes it less fragile and gives it better stability. I mean, after all, my Barnaby Brooks Jr. Figuarts has been in a flying kick pose with its Good Luck Mode optional leg for the past few months without any issues. The RD Tauburn has a stand like this as well, but I think the only reason a stand was included with the Tauburn was because it's, umm, interestingly proportioned, which may be a problem for it considering it wears high heels.

And that's a shame to hear that the ball joints aren't strong on the Armored Core. I've noticed on some of the RD's that the hands will pop out even if you don't apply a lot of force, especially on the Sazabi and the Zaku II, but I think that's more of an issue of the way the wrists are designed on those particular figures. Still, I might look into it eventually.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Monaghan posted:

I need to show people this. Because it is awesome.

Oh my goodness.

Where did they get a Bearguy that big?

edit:

MG42 posted:

Well this is unexpected.

Super Robot Chogokin Gunbuster and Gurren Lagann anounced!

Holy mother of poo poo.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 25, 2012

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

Well this is unexpected.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

SRC is now the best line ever :stare:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Silentman0 posted:

Oh my goodness.

Kitbashed the Master Grade Acguy?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

MG42 posted:

Well this is unexpected.

Are these kits or figures? Already have the Revoltech Gurren Lagann, what would this have over it?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BizarroAzrael posted:

Are these kits or figures? Already have the Revoltech Gurren Lagann, what would this have over it?

They're figures.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

Die-cast parts and it's taller.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Super Robot Chogokin Gunbuster you say, Bandai? Sure, take ALL of my money.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's a fair bit larger and more durable. It'll probably have more accessories, too.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Silentman0 posted:

only one of the best ever (the rest is up to your imagination)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
How many Gunbuster models have actually bothered to incorporate Folding Arm Technology so that it doesn't look completely retarded when striking its iconic pose?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Have you ever actually looked at Gunbuster's arms? Its iconic pose simply isn't possible. You would HAVE to compromise proportions somehow to make it work. I think there are at least a couple of fixed models that do the pose, but for action figures the accuracy to detail is considered more important.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Captain Invictus posted:

How many Gunbuster models have actually bothered to incorporate Folding Arm Technology so that it doesn't look completely retarded when striking its iconic pose?

only one figure comes to mind and thats the old Kaiyodo one. And it does so by making the pose arms being a part swap.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
MG Aegis boxart:

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I was under the impression that the old SOC of Gunbuster had shoulder joints that allowed for 'the pose'.

Anyway, got a fancy new Frame Arms kit, Fleswerk.

this is actually alot better than the Rapier Zephyr on the left, especially in terms of holding itself together. Everything is very snug and the parts move very well. (Which there is alot of, considering it transforms)
Now if only Kotobukiya would work on making all of their kits as solid as this.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I thought Gunbuster's arms were basically just too thick to properly cross, so you have to completely cheat. It wouldn't matter if it had the proper jointing; the arms simply cannot fold that way at any accurate size.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Sometimes toys have to cheat. SRC GaoGaiGar has to cheat to do his Hell and Heaven pose.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

MG Aegis boxart:

Man the box arts lately are loving kick rear end. They are making me buy more things :cry:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Colon Semicolon posted:

I was under the impression that the old SOC of Gunbuster had shoulder joints that allowed for 'the pose'.

Anyway, got a fancy new Frame Arms kit, Fleswerk.

this is actually alot better than the Rapier Zephyr on the left, especially in terms of holding itself together. Everything is very snug and the parts move very well. (Which there is alot of, considering it transforms)
Now if only Kotobukiya would work on making all of their kits as solid as this.

That's correct, SOC Gunbuster has a moving shoulder joint that puts it completely out of position but let's you do the pose. SOC Gunbuster owns.

Kotobuiya kits have such a huge variety of quality. Some of their kits are superb but others some might even be broken on the sprue, it's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

TaurusOxford posted:

MG Aegis boxart:

I wish they sold boxart prints, for a long time now they've just been phenomenal. I'd love to know if the artists have websites or pixiv pages or anything, but unfortunately navigating the japanese corners of the internet is beyond me.

• Locked thread