Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Don't know why I have them now (maybe it's because of mexican independence day?) nor how long I will have them but right now I have a bunch of spanish language channels and some of them been showing Chilean, Costa Rican,Ecuadorian, and Colombian soccer/football along with the return of Gol TV which has Brazilian and Argentinean games. Right now am watching a chilean game with Colo Colo and another team which been a ok first chilean game to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

professor muthafukkah
Feb 27, 2006

oh lord...
Don't know how many of you keep up with the Brazilian First Division, but Ganso from Santos just moved to its fierce rival São Paulo. He has been out a lot recently with injury so I'm not too happy with the move (I cheer for São Paulo). Sure, he is a quality player, but I feel that he's going to be spending most of the time exploding his knees rather than being the second coming of Zidane.

If he can play like he played in 2010/11 though...

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Maybe he'll play better for São Paulo now that he won't be on Neymar's shadow anymore.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
For those in the US, this sunday ESPN 3 will be showing Atletico-MG x Gremio. 2 of the top 3 teams in the brazilian league right now.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 22, 2012

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
If anyone is interested , I've found a stream for Lanus- Boca Jrs without commentary , only ambient audio. Pretty neat.
http://www.stopstream.tv/45/34/453498.html

professor muthafukkah
Feb 27, 2006

oh lord...

Polidoro posted:

Maybe he'll play better for São Paulo now that he won't be on Neymar's shadow anymore.

I don't think that was ever the case really. They both started playing well, and gaining recognition because of it, roughly at the same time. In my opinion Ganso had the potential to be even better than Neymar, but spent so much time injured that the gap between him and Neymar just got bigger and bigger. That said, Neymar can go gently caress himself.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I just said that because I heard Ganso was jealous of Neymar. Maybe that was bullshit, I dunno.

We all agree on the gently caress Neymar thing, though.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Don't know why I have them now (maybe it's because of mexican independence day?) nor how long I will have them but right now I have a bunch of spanish language channels and some of them been showing Chilean, Costa Rican,Ecuadorian, and Colombian soccer/football along with the return of Gol TV which has Brazilian and Argentinean games. Right now am watching a chilean game with Colo Colo and another team which been a ok first chilean game to watch.

Now I want to move to the states :( Colo-Colo have really turned it around this time in the clausura, Which if you saw todays game they had about 20000 supporters at there stadium.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I thought you lived in the States?

edit: I should talk some football, River Plate is sitting nicely in direct relegation places after yesterday's defeat vs Racing. They are truly poo poo, but I must say that the Argie league as a whole has gone to poo poo lately. They play slower and the average player quality has gone down.

Still better than watching the Uruguayan league.

Polidoro fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 24, 2012

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

I thought you lived in the States?

edit: I should talk some football, River Plate is sitting nicely in direct relegation places after yesterday's defeat vs Racing. They are truly poo poo, but I must say that the Argie league as a whole has gone to poo poo lately. They play slower and the average player quality has gone down.

Still better than watching the Uruguayan league.

I'm in australia :australia:

Ohh River :3 it's going to be a while before we see them back in international football.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Oh, Australia. Uruguay's true clásico :argh:

As for River, international football is the last thing on their fan's mind. First is avoiding relegation and second burning down their stadium if they do get relegated again. Killing Passarella (club's pres) is pretty high on their list too.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I seriously can't believe how Passarella is still their president

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Who the hell wants to be their president? They are hosed by the averages system and no president can get away from it. They need to win the championship and forget about relegation for a while, but they are shiiiiiiiiit.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

Oh, Australia. Uruguay's true clásico :argh:

As for River, international football is the last thing on their fan's mind. First is avoiding relegation and second burning down their stadium if they do get relegated again. Killing Passarella (club's pres) is pretty high on their list too.

I will laugh if Australia end up playing Uruguay for the world cup qualifiers in 2014. Im amazed they haven't sent scouts into chile to buy some players (Remember both Marcelo Salas and Alexis Sanchez have played for river)

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
That's what they get by electing a Boca fan as their president. He's doing an awesome job.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Some great players have played for River during the good not-so-ol' days. Salas, Alexis, Falcao, Aimar, Saviola, D'Alessandro, Yepes. It's really sad to see River like this now :(

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
And they rejected Messi because they didn't wanted to pay the treatment he needed. River's decay started like 10 years ago when Aguilar won the presidency and stopped funding the academy like they used to.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

And Boca's started when they brought back Riquelme :D

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
At least Boca won the Libertadores 07 and a couple of local leagues with him :D and now is gone.
I think River fans got it easy with the relegation affair because Boca was only 10 point above River in the averages table. This season I don't see River getting relegated or even close, Independiente is the chosen one this time.
Edit: http://www.promiedos.com.ar/

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 24, 2012

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I want San Lorenzo to go down so bad. gently caress 'em.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

So rumor going around that Claudio Borghi might be replaced by Jorge Sampaoli for the Chilean Selección.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah, saw it on the news here right after the last WCQ fixture. Wonder why is that, Chile's doing OK.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

Yeah, saw it on the news here right after the last WCQ fixture. Wonder why is that, Chile's doing OK.

Borghi got banned by fifa for the next 5 WCQ games. Here is a article http://www.santiagotimes.cl/sports/soccer/25188-fifa-slams-chiles-national-soccer-coach-with-five-match-ban

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Oh, right! Excuse me, being from Uruguay made me forget that coaches do stuff while the matches are being played and not just stand there doing nothing.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Still have the extra spanish language channels and watching the Copa Sudamericana match beween Independiente and Liverpool, any special teams to watch out for in this or wait for Copa Libertadores to start?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Haha, Santos president said Ganso has an "incurable" injury and that's why he's happy about selling him. Is there no return policy for player transfers?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Polidoro posted:

Haha, Santos president said Ganso has an "incurable" injury and that's why he's happy about selling him. Is there no return policy for player transfers?

He's just being a butthurt bitch. Most managers and presidents tend to be.

I think Fluminense has got this season on the bag. If either Grêmio or Atlético-MG won last Sunday's match, they'd still be in contention, but now...eh. But stranger things have happened and the last few years the title has been decided on a series of chokes.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Still have the extra spanish language channels and watching the Copa Sudamericana match beween Independiente and Liverpool, any special teams to watch out for in this or wait for Copa Libertadores to start?

Copa Sudamericana is always fun, in my experience, in South American cups any random match could be awesome.

Which channels do you have? If you have FSE I recommend watching the recap show they do in which they compress a bunch of matches to around 15 minutes each.

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 26, 2012

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
They are more fun to watch as a neutral than when your team plays, those games always end to be awful.
Independiente is winning it's first game of the year I think.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I'm not a fan of Liverpool or Independiente and that was a terrible game. Kinda funny at the end when Gallego started to panic. If Independiente can't go through against a team like Liverpool they won't avoid relegation.

edit: It's also quite telling about the state of Uruguayan football that Liverpool is our only team left in the competition :(

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dias posted:

I think Fluminense has got this season on the bag. If either Grêmio or Atlético-MG won last Sunday's match, they'd still be in contention, but now...eh. But stranger things have happened and the last few years the title has been decided on a series of chokes.

F-in' Campeonato, man. If you'd told me a couple months back that Fred would be top goalscorer and the crazy rag tag team they had at Atletico Mineiro wouldn't implode, I would have had a hearty :lol:

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Drogadon posted:

Copa Sudamericana is always fun, in my experience, in South American cups any random match could be awesome.

Which channels do you have? If you have FSE I recommend watching the recap show they do in which they compress a bunch of matches to around 15 minutes each.

The one thats showing the Copa Sudamericana is Fox Deportes and I think ESPN Deportes also shows it or the Libertadores I think. I also got some central/south american channels that shows Chilean, Costa Rican,Ecuadorian, and Colombian games but I think Fox and ESPN Deportes are the ones that show the Sudamericana and Libertadores.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

FSE = Fox Sports en Español so you probably get the recap games I'm talking about.

Do you get Costa Rican league games or is it CONCACAF Champion's League?

If it's the league keep an eye out for Uruguay de Coronado which I'm pissing myself off every week for hoping they don't get relegated on their first year. This team is owned by TRP legend Paulo Wanchope.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Drogadon posted:

FSE = Fox Sports en Español so you probably get the recap games I'm talking about.

Do you get Costa Rican league games or is it CONCACAF Champion's League?

If it's the league keep an eye out for Uruguay de Coronado which I'm pissing myself off every week for hoping they don't get relegated on their first year. This team is owned by TRP legend Paulo Wanchope.

Thats nice to know, also I get both since one of the spanish channels airs costa rican league games on the weekend while Fox Soccer Channel and Univision Deportes air the champions league in english and spanish with Univision being the one that would air all the games that doesn't involved MLS teams.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Drogadon, what is the general perception of LDA and their supporters? I recently found out that my friend's dad is a supporter and had gone to matches for like 60 years (he has health problems now and can't make it out to games anymore).

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Depends on who you ask hehe, purple cunts will tell you terrible things about them.

LDA is one of the traditional "big 4" here and is one of the oldest clubs, founded in 1919. They have the biggest rivalry in the country with Saprissa and also are heated rivals of Herediano (fans and sometimes players usually brawl on this fixture).

LDA supporters are great imo because they are dedicated and don't boo their own team like some purple wearing assholes tend to do. Their ground is very nice and it feels like a big club with a small club fanbase when you're in there, not sure I'm explaining this well.

Ask with any other club their ultras are mostly criminals but in general their supporters are the second best in the country, Herediano supporters being first imo.

In the 30's their biggest club legend and stadium namesake Alejandro Morera Soto played two seasons for Barcelona scoring 63 goals in 76 appearances including one against Real Madrid legend Ricardo Zamora.

e: you can watch then right now against Real Estelí for the CCL http://www.repretel.com/envivo-6

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 27, 2012

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Gremio trying pretty hard not to win today. Almost scored a hilarious own goal.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Drogadon posted:

LDA stuff

Cool, thanks :)

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Did anyone watch Colón vs. Cerro Porteño for Copa Sudamericana? It was suspended for a while because the lights went out. Both ended with ten men and the end was really entertaining with Colón trying desperately to tie the game. Winning 2-1 away is a really good result for Cerro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

I saw the end of it, I was wondering why it didn't end at the 90's min.