Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If this leads to Heath Slater having to sell legit stiffness, I'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
Jack Swagger has a role again!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Super Delfin got elected to the Izumi City Council in Osaka last week so good for him.

Suben fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 19, 2012

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Apparently Johnny Ace has been divested of his backstage duties and is now just a guy who sometimes appears at house shows to get pinned by the faces?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Wrestling New Classic opening for 9/20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVFhDXd6o2M

Highlights the barbed-wire board match between Team AKIRA vs Team WNC. WNC has some of the best music and video packages in the world, they're almost as good as the WWE's.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Did Tajiri describe the Akira/Kana match as "they're both pretty scary"?

Nozaki Nagisa. :swoon:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Bocc Kob posted:

Did Tajiri describe the Akira/Kana match as "they're both pretty scary"?

Nozaki Nagisa. :swoon:
More or less, he said no one scares him in the company more than AKIRA and Kana. Apparently this includes Super Leather & Dave Finlay.

Nozaki's debut was cracking me up, because she was half-assing kendo stick shots while trying to keep her alcohol in the cup.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Yesterday, fellow goon Breadnought and I went to see the NJPW ROAD TO DESTRUCTION show in Niihama. We got to see Alex Shelley, Low Ki, Rocky Romero, Lance Hoyt and DH Smith. Also Nagata got beat up and thrown into our chairs. It was pretty loving awesome!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Posting from the distant past - just watched the 13/5/2010 match between Kota Ibushi and Daisuke Seikimoto from DDT. Holy crap that was an excellent match.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wazzu posted:

Posting from the distant past - just watched the 13/5/2010 match between Kota Ibushi and Daisuke Seikimoto from DDT. Holy crap that was an excellent match.
Go watch Daisuke Sekimoto vs Masa Takanashi now! If you don't know Takanashi, just pretend he's Zack Ryder from Japan.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Flameingblack posted:

Go watch Daisuke Sekimoto vs Masa Takanashi now! If you don't know Takanashi, just pretend he's Zack Ryder from Japan.

Date? I'll see if I picked up the DVD...

Also do you by any chance know what was the date on the Kota Ibushi vs Yoshihiko match (also an amazing match, but for slightly different reasons)?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wazzu posted:

Date? I'll see if I picked up the DVD...

Also do you by any chance know what was the date on the Kota Ibushi vs Yoshihiko match (also an amazing match, but for slightly different reasons)?
It isn't on IVP, but here it is on Daily Motion:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq9pbj_daisuke-sekimoto-c-vs-masa-takanashi-ddt_sport
(March 4 2010)

Neither is Kota Ibushi vs Yoshihiko, but here's the YT link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC25VZKKT_A
(Oct 11 2009)

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Flameingblack posted:

More or less, he said no one scares him in the company more than AKIRA and Kana. Apparently this includes Super Leather & Dave Finlay.

AKIRA is one of those older dudes who probably wants to die in the ring like Missy and Kana got herself over by being a pretty Japanese girl who stiffed opponents and talked all sorts of poo poo. She also threatened to kill Serena Deeb (or was it Syuri?) with a katana during a feud.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
At least when Finlay kicks your rear end, you know there's a rational human being just doing his job. When Akira was feuding with that metal hand guy, he pulled out all his hair, painted his head white, and attacked him with a sword. Kana has the crazy eyes when she gets mad. Taijiri is right to be nervous around them. :ohdear:

Bocc Kob fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 23, 2012

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Looks like Tajiri is leaning away in that picture. I don't blame him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MadRhetoric posted:

AKIRA is one of those older dudes who probably wants to die in the ring like Missy and Kana got herself over by being a pretty Japanese girl who stiffed opponents and talked all sorts of poo poo. She also threatened to kill Serena Deeb (or was it Syuri?) with a katana during a feud.
Well, the sword was suppose to represent her passion, and it's a pun on her name but it doesn't really look as great when in the same promo you're screaming at the top of your lungs that you're going to kick someone's face off.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

"A present? For me? Oh DMPunk, you shouldn't have!" :syoon:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Keep that poo poo out of here.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
What kind of wrestler is Tanahashi? I saw him wrestle last week and he seemed like a pretty bland face. Does he have any standout feuds? Special highlight reels? Anything of note other than the air guitar and the fact that he got stabbed by an ex girlfriend 10 years ago?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Tanahashi vs Okada from earlier this year.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xt4qzu_hiroshi-tanahashi-vs-kazuchika-okada-c-njpw_sport

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
IMO Tanahashi is either totally bland or awesome, with the awesome being few and far between. Fantastic athlete, hard worker, but isn't violent the way great Japanese heavies tend to be.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Yeah, that seems to be turning into a lost art. When was the last time Yuki Ishikawa made tape?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Depends on what you mean by "made tape".

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
New freebie from IVP - The Best of Stan Hansen

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=9238?osCsid=7f3e2e05d8cbd6ce8ab7a0e9f8e4323c

code:
Stan Hansen vs. The Destroyer (10/30/75)
Stan Hansen vs. Ashura Hara (1/15/82)
Stan Hansen vs. Shohei "Giant" Baba (PWF Title, 9/8/83)
Stan Hansen/Bruiser Brody vs. Jumbo Tsuruta/Genichiro Tenryu (Real World Tag League finals, 12/12/83)
Stan Hansen/Terry Gordy vs. Genichiro Tenryu/Toshiaki Kawada (Real World Tag League finals, 12/16/88)
Stan Hansen vs. Mitsuhara Misawa (Champion Carnival finals, 4/17/92)

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

apsouthern posted:

New freebie from IVP - The Best of Stan Hansen

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=9238?osCsid=7f3e2e05d8cbd6ce8ab7a0e9f8e4323c

code:
Stan Hansen vs. Ashura Hara (1/15/82)
Stan Hansen vs. Shohei "Giant" Baba (PWF Title, 9/8/83)
Stan Hansen/Bruiser Brody vs. Jumbo Tsuruta/Genichiro Tenryu (Real World Tag League finals, 12/12/83)
Stan Hansen/Terry Gordy vs. Genichiro Tenryu/Toshiaki Kawada (Real World Tag League finals, 12/16/88)
Stan Hansen vs. Mitsuhara Misawa (Champion Carnival finals, 4/17/92)

code:
This does not compute. Hansen wrestled himself?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

And it'd probably STILL be a 4-star match, and end in a brutally stiff lariat.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

code:
This does not compute. Hansen wrestled himself?

Stan Hansen was not the Destroyer, Dick Beyer was.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

The second tag on there is incredible, probably the MOTY for 1988.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I only had a few minutes so I watched the first 3 matches on the docket there.

vs. The Destroyer was hilarious and Hansen was blonde with a goatee. Destroyer rules so I loved this.

Second match is literally a jobber squash. I didn't know they actually had those in Japan.

Hansen vs. Baba is weird. Baba's arms are like twigs at this point and none of his offense looks believable on Hansen's monster body. Still an important historical match for Hansen, but not really good.

Excited to watch the rest of the tape.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The Destroyer definitely rules. My favourite 60s/70s wrestler by far. Only Bock compares in my book.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

New Japan has decided that indeed, it is a good idea to take money from people willing to give it to you. Their next PPV, "King of Pro Wrestling" on October 8th will be broadcast on UStream. The PPV will cost $25 US Dollars.

The card:
Tanahashi vs Suzuki for the IWGP Heavyweight Title
Nakamura vs Goto for the Intercontinental Title
Karl Anderson vs Okada
Makabe Inoue vs Sakuraba Shibata
Naito vs Yujiro
Tenzan Kojima vs Archer Smith for the IWGP Tag-team Titles
Kota Ibushi vs Low-Ki for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title
Alex Kozlov & Rocky Romero vs KUSIDA & Alex Shelly for the IWGP Jr Tag-Team Titles
Nakanishi, Nagata, & Strongman vs Yano, Iizuka, & Ishii

That's a loving stacked card. Now who wants to watch an iPPV at 9:00 EST Sunday morning?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

hey, 2pm GMT isn't too bad. Better than staying up to 4 in the morning to watch mainstream stuff.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

hey, 2pm GMT isn't too bad. Better than staying up to 4 in the morning to watch mainstream stuff.
Well I messed up the time zone! It's 4:00 AM EST on Monday morning.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Oh. That's much worse :(

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Flameingblack posted:

That's a loving stacked card.
It's ... Not? I mean, the Shibata / Sakuraba team is nice and random but other than that it's mostly the regular roster. Unless you think a card is stacked if it has Alex Shelley & DH Smith.

Should be a fun show as usual but you can pretty much bet on nothing big happening two months before Wrestle Kingdom.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

It's ... Not? I mean, the Shibata / Sakuraba team is nice and random but other than that it's mostly the regular roster. Unless you think a card is stacked if it has Alex Shelley & DH Smith.

Should be a fun show as usual but you can pretty much bet on nothing big happening two months before Wrestle Kingdom.
Maybe I'm use to really awful filler cards from every other company that isn't PWG, but I'm interested in most of those matches and all of their stars are there

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

That's awesome for you but in the grad scheme of things it's kind of like saying Night of Champions was stacked.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

That's awesome for you but in the grad scheme of things it's kind of like saying Night of Champions was stacked.
Was it also the first globally broadcast WWE PPV?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Flameingblack posted:

Was it also the first globally broadcast WWE PPV?

What the gently caress does that have to do with the card being stacked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Ibushi is a guilty pleasure of mine and Low Ki is just fine, but nothing else on there interests me even slightly.