Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Holy poo poo, Cronuz really IS the creepiest loving person in the universe. In all of the universes.

Meulin kinda owns, though, she's hilarious.

THEY ARE MY PERFECT PRECIOUS GAY LITTLE BABIES!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I was hoping Meenah would have a lot more fun with Mituna's name than she actually did

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I was hoping Meenah would have a lot more fun with Mituna's name than she actually did

Well it's no fun when the fish pun is just standing right there like that. It's too easy.

Sonata
Jan 29, 2004

Awf, I feel so sad for Karkat. He was really the best part of this update.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
So I guess the theory that Gamzee is a callback to Whistles the Clown is pretty much a given at this point.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I don't think that's actually Terezi.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I don't think that's actually Terezi.

There's no reason yet why she wouldn't be. She has perfectly fine reasons to feel blue at this point.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

SteelAngel2000 posted:

She did mention at one point in their conversation that she really liked his name.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Wow, the Hussie cameo in this really is basically the funniest god drat thing, holy poo poo.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Technique posted:

Wow, the Hussie cameo in this really is basically the funniest god drat thing, holy poo poo.

Well, mind explaining how to find it?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

MrBims posted:

Well, mind explaining how to find it?

Be Cronus, walk into the tree-leaf-shrubberies near the stairs until you hit the end, click around a bit until you open the chest hidden there, then go back and talk to seahorse dad.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Haha, look at all the suckers dedicated fans who donated yesterday just to get early access to the walkaround:

500 people collectively gave Hussie $25,000 just to see the next part of the story a day early.

Wow.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Okay, played the flash, observations:
-gently caress Cronus
-gently caress Cronus
-Kurloz :catstare:
-Practically no way Calliope isn't in the sarcophagus Kurloz finds in the area with Gamzee (Aranea did speculate that she is in the afterlife somewhere, which mean she is in the afterlife somewhere)
-Mituna :(

As for speculation, I don't think LE is going to destroy this dream bubble, at least not so soon. I firmly believe that this is where Calliope is. I think that when Meenah assembles/finishes failing to assemble a posse, it will be Kurloz that they'll face off against. I also think he has a more malevolent presence in the dream bubbles than is made obvious, and that Mituna and Meulin have maintained their disabilities in the afterlife due to his influence.

Whether Gamzee is compliantly following along with LE's plan isn't certain; he did lose his faith in his religion after watching Miracles. It would be oddly fitting if, the same event that created Lil' Cal and so Lord English also served to prevent him from victory (not to mention it was the Condesce that provided Dave with the video in the first place, and she doesn't really like serving Lord English, plus she has freedom of action in the B universes since LE isn't in them).

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Are people just going to drop their pledges below $50 since the bonus wore off- Aww who am I kidding.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Pastrymancy posted:

Are people just going to drop their pledges below $50 since the bonus wore off- Aww who am I kidding.

Most of them probably don't even know you can rescind your pledge. :ssh:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh poo poo! Treestuck is apparently going to be updating within 24 hours!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Poor girl, this update will likely send her into conniptions when she reads it :ohdear:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Thoughts on this update:

-Wow, Cronus makes Eridan look like a loving saint. gently caress Cronus.
-Mituna :smith:
-Meulin is just so :3:
-Kurloz holy poo poo oh god
-gently caress Cronus.
-Meenah is still awesome.
-Oh screw you Hussie with that Problem Sleuth tease
-The whole thing with Karkat and Terezi was adorable. (And Karkat and Meenah as well)
-Talk to Terezi as Meenah one last time before you leave the room.
-gently caress Cronus.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Urgh, gently caress Cronus so hard. I actually felt nauseous when Mituna started telling him to remove his hands :(

Fortis posted:

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but were Mituna's dialogue boxes supposed to look like 4chan/imageboard posts? The blue color combined with his yellow along with the checkbox in the upper left sure made it seem that way.

I only noticed that when he started using reaction faces. He was also referred to as "helmchan" by Cronus, so definitely an imageboard parody.

Carrasco posted:

Given the way his last scene ended, John could be there too.

Can John and Jade get to the dreambubbles while they're in between windows? For some reason I thought it didn't work for them.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Can John and Jade get to the dreambubbles while they're in between windows? For some reason I thought it didn't work for them.

They can (in fact, John bumped into Meenah a 'year' ago, remember?), but so far they've had no luck meeting anyone they know.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Its like Andrew Hussie is trying to lose his 1950`s greaser fanbase.
This will not end well.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

Its like Andrew Hussie is trying to lose his 1950`s greaser fanbase.
This will not end well.

As a Greaserkin with the entire cast of Grease as my headmates, we are all irrevocably triggered, and we can not believe that Hussie would stereotype us like that. Dusgusting.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Samovar posted:

Oh poo poo! Treestuck is apparently going to be updating within 24 hours!

Where did you hear about this? I checked her tumblr but I don't see anything. :(

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Technique posted:

As a Greaserkin with the entire cast of Grease as my headmates, we are all irrevocably triggered, and we can not believe that Hussie would stereotype us like that. Dusgusting.

Tell me about it. My phantom pompadour was twitching. Sorry about your fictives.

cathead posted:

Where did you hear about this? I checked her tumblr but I don't see anything. :(

It was on her non-Homestuck blog, which she seems to be taking pains to keep separate, so I think everyone has gone out of their way not to link.

quote:

Q. If you can’t go running anymore for a while maybe you can use the extra time to catch up on something you’ve been neglecting for the last month. Hmm? Hmmmmm? (really though that’s awful about your foot and I’m glad you’re doing relatively well)

A. [snip]
I don’t think forcing me to be completely healthy but still nearly immobile for several days and then letting me loose on something that is sure to send my emotions sky rocketing is a good idea. At all. For anyone.

(but)

(spoilers)

(less than 24 hours.)

(depending on how long it takes me to answer 214 messages.)

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 24, 2012

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
The juxtaposition of Cronus' awful personality with his incredibly adorable sprite is kind of interesting. I would have thought it was on purpose, but all of Xamag's stuff is done in a cutesy style, so.

And poor Karkat :(. That whole scene with Terezi was just heartwrenching. At least he seems to be able to talk to her without making a huge rear end of himself now that he's apparently given up on having a relationship with her.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Bobulus posted:

They can (in fact, John bumped into Meenah a 'year' ago, remember?), but so far they've had no luck meeting anyone they know.

Totally forgot about that, thanks!

Actually, rereading that part now, there's this piece of dialog:

quote:

JOHN: do you remember what it was like being jade sprite?
JADE: i remember being dead for a long time
JADE: and making friends...
JADE: mostly trolls
JOHN: oh really?
JOHN: which ones?
JADE: none that we know of now
JADE: that i can remember at least
JADE: they feel like such distant memories, like they were barely real
So Jade has met the pre-scratch trolls before?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Guys. Guys I've just had a terrible thought. All those Beforus trolls...they're all useless jerks, except Meenah. Pre-Scratch summoner...he's going to suck. He's going to loving suck donkey balls.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Slime posted:

Guys. Guys I've just had a terrible thought. All those Beforus trolls...they're all useless jerks, except Meenah. Pre-Scratch summoner...he's going to suck. He's going to loving suck donkey balls.

You're right.

However, Hussie's saving Zahhak for last, where he will single handedly validate all ships, kill Lord English and manage to fire a bow.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Slime posted:

Nah, I think he's going to be okay. Basically all the useless jerks were useful jerks beforehand. Sollux was useful, Eridan drove the story forward significantly, Karkat is obviously of pretty great importance, Gamzee is The Most Important Character In Homestuck.

Meanwhile, Nepeta was useless and her ancestor is not a jerk at all. Same with Feferi. I'm guessing Not!Rufio and Sky Captain Zahhak are going to be cool.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well Manicured Man posted:

Well it's no fun when the fish pun is just standing right there like that. It's too easy.

Like shooting fish in a barrel, even.

Mister Gutsy
May 6, 2012

You love having a dead sister. Having a dead sister is an experience you would highly recommend to everybody.

Slime posted:

All will be forgiven if Hussie makes his terrible Tumblr user archetype "animal rights activist" :allears:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Cabbit posted:

Nah, I think he's going to be okay. Basically all the useless jerks were useful jerks beforehand. Sollux was useful, Eridan drove the story forward significantly, Karkat is obviously of pretty great importance, Gamzee is The Most Important Character In Homestuck.

Meanwhile, Nepeta was useless and her ancestor is not a jerk at all. Same with Feferi. I'm guessing Not!Rufio and Sky Captain Zahhak are going to be cool.

So you're suggesting that Zahhak is going to be extremely unfunny. This is terrible!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Bobulus posted:

It was on her non-Homestuck blog, which she seems to be taking pains to keep separate, so I think everyone has gone out of their way not to link.

Thanks for that. But holy crap how does she keep injuring herself?!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Captain Zahhak is going to be a suave, outgoing gentleman, beloved by all due to his friendly and non-creepy nature. He will also be remarkably gentle, and would never hurt a fly.

He'd still make out with robots though, let's be honest here.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Technique posted:

Captain Zahhak is going to be a suave, outgoing gentleman, beloved by all due to his friendly and non-creepy nature. He will also be remarkably gentle, and would never hurt a fly.

Excuse me, I think you mean CONSTRUCTS. His sprites suggest some kind of fantasy steampunk thing going on.

But yeah I can't think of some gimmick for Zahhak, aside from being the opposite of Equius.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Nah, Ruffio Nitram is gonna be awesome. I mean, come on -- he's the Rogue of Breath! He'll easily take our breath away :haw:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
He's just going to be Equius. No explaination will be given, and no explaination will be needed.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
There are trolls with all types of disabilities. Latula cannot smell, Meulin is deaf, Kurloz is mute, and Mituna ... eaaugh. Anyway, the only disability missing is a lack of touch.

Zahhak is going to have robot arms, and only able to "thumb up" or "thumb down" everything, like a certain website.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

tinaun posted:

There are trolls with all types of disabilities. Latula cannot smell, Meulin is deaf, Kurloz is mute, and Mituna ... eaaugh. Anyway, the only disability missing is a lack of touch.

Zahhak is going to have robot arms, and only able to "thumb up" or "thumb down" everything, like a certain website.

I've seen the theory that Darkleer will be Reddit floating around... I can only hope that it turns out to be false and that it makes you a falsehood saying person. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Technique posted:

Of course. He's a Zahhak! We'd never want anything different.

Also, Cronus is an rear end in a top hat. He molested a mentally disabled guy. gently caress, I miss Eridan.