Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
lol nice

it goes both ways btw

quote:

This article is about the actor. For the JavaScript library, see jQuery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Linda S. Ghent, Professor in the Department of Economics at Eastern Illinois University, discusses this episode [Seinfeld, The Parking Garage] in view of its economic themes, specifically those of common resources, thinking 'at the margin' and cost-benefit analysis. The common resource here is the garage itself: it is for the public, but it is not supposed to be used by the public as a bathroom. Jerry decides that the relief (benefit) of urinating will outweigh the risk (cost) of getting caught.[9]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

economics likes to think it's super complicated and advanced and stuff but it really isn't. so much of it breaks down to stupid common sense stuff like "when you do one thing, you may be giving up the opportunity to do another thing!" or "driving to work every day to make money means you need to buy more tires, reducing how much money you get overall!"

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
An example of an ambiguous phrase appears in they stood near a group of alien lovers, which without a hyphen implies that they stood near a group of lovers who were aliens; they stood near a group of alien-lovers clarifies that they stood near a group of people who loved aliens, as "alien" can be either an adjective or a noun. On the other hand, in the phrase a hungry pizza-lover, the hyphen will often be omitted (a hungry pizza lover), as "pizza" cannot be an adjective and the phrase is therefore unambiguous.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

economics likes to think it's super complicated and advanced and stuff but it really isn't. so much of it breaks down to stupid common sense stuff like "when you do one thing, you may be giving up the opportunity to do another thing!" or "driving to work every day to make money means you need to buy more tires, reducing how much money you get overall!"
those types of economists are the same as poors who don't do cost-benefit analyses before getting that big rear end tv from rent-a-center, only they had mommy and daddy send them to college

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sagebrush posted:

I did an undergrad minor in this filth and yeah prettymuch

If you can do calc 1 poo poo youre the smartest guy in the class

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megarectum

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

doesn't include hello.jpg as an illustration, so yeah worthless

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

that awful man posted:

doesn't include hello.jpg as an illustration, so yeah worthless
you could fix that seeing as how it's the Free Encyclopedia

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

goatse is not free and open source, some wikipedian would have to recreate it

and oddly, that idea revolts me all over again. goatse is just "oh hello old friend" but almost the exact same photo done by someone else? that's some uncanny valley oh gently caress no kind of thing

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

me too

most economics is either guesswork or dumb models that don't predict poo poo or both

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sagebrush posted:

goatse is not free and open source, some wikipedian would have to recreate it

and oddly, that idea revolts me all over again. goatse is just "oh hello old friend" but almost the exact same photo done by someone else? that's some uncanny valley oh gently caress no kind of thing

i thought about it, and you're right. a fake goatse would be disgusting all over again. but if it became some internet trend like planking and fauxtse pics became commonplace i think it would be boring again pretty quick

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i thought about it, and you're right. a fake goatse would be disgusting all over again. but if it became some internet trend like planking and fauxtse pics became commonplace i think it would be boring again pretty quick

if we actually reach a point where goatse is the new planking and people are regularly doing it and posting on facebook and so on, can someone please just put me in a box and shoot me in the general direction of another planet, tia

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
old news twitchy cat

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Penis_penis_Penis_penis_penis_penis_Penis_penis

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

this would explain the time i took econ 111 (micro) and my prof got really excited when I asked her if that one graph was the derivative of the other graph

in before joke about car trunks or something

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_while_John_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_a_better_effect_on_the_teacher

this one kind of pisses me off b/c the bit inside the quotes is a cop-out and can be extended arbitrarily while remaining grammatically correct

its about as impressive as me punctuating this:

quote:

i wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote on a piece of paper
as

quote:

i wrote "wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote" on a piece of paper
and getting all smug about it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

were not loving sailors just weld everything or glue it or pay someone to do it for you rule 36

actually, it's not.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

the problem with economics is that it has to assume that people behave as rational actors which is a pretty fuckin' lol assumption.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

language is so goddamn kinky sometimes.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

if we actually reach a point where goatse is the new planking and people are regularly doing it and posting on facebook and so on, can someone please just put me in a box and shoot me in the general direction of another planet, tia

why

is it because goatse has lost that special magic, or do you anticipate it always being shocking.

i mean, it used to evoke reflex in me but now i'm just "oh, i am familiar with that anus".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

nah, just that if pulling your anus open and taking pictures of it for public viewing ever becomes a popular pastime, total collapse of human civilization can't be much further off so i might as well get a head start on the next place

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

pulling your anus open and taking pictures of it for public viewing ever becomes a popular pastime

literally cannot wait for this itll be amazing

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
politicians will have to discuss whether they are pro or anti goatse in debates

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

obama release the girth certificate

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Milkie Galore posted:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

nah, just that if pulling your anus open and taking pictures of it for public viewing ever becomes a popular pastime, total collapse of human civilization can't be much further off so i might as well get a head start on the next place

oh you meant the actual act becoming popular, and not the picture

okay, i hear ya

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

duTrieux. posted:

the problem with economics is that it has to assume that people behave as rational actors which is a pretty fuckin' lol assumption.

the problem with economics is that it ultimately tries to reduce all human activity to some sort of math problem

it's applied autism

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

that awful man posted:

applied autism

mods, etc

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Milkie Galore posted:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that awful man posted:

it's applied autism

m l y p

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion#The_Onion_taken_seriously

regenwetter
Apr 5, 2012

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i didnt know suttsteve started editing wikipedia