Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Tunnel cam is pretty much the best thing ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Yeah Liverpool do it too it owns

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

The size disparity of dudes like Kompany and Silva seems so much more evident in the tunnel than on the pitch.

skirth
Oct 29, 2010

vyelkin posted:

Clichy spent nine years at Arsenal, so he and Wenger know each other pretty well.

Didn't realise he was there that long. Pretty funny.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Tunnel cam is pretty much the best thing ever

It is great, but I think Liverpool do it slightly better. One of theirs which I watched cut to goals scored so you could hear the commotion outside. The game in particular I watched the tunnel cam for was against City, and it even showed Mario Balotelli strolling back up the tunnel after being sent off.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

sircozzie posted:

It is great, but I think Liverpool do it slightly better. One of theirs which I watched cut to goals scored so you could hear the commotion outside. The game in particular I watched the tunnel cam for was against City, and it even showed Mario Balotelli strolling back up the tunnel after being sent off.

As you can on every City one where people get sent off? I'm pretty sure Liverpool nicked our idea.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat

Butterfly Valley posted:

As you can on every City one where people get sent off? I'm pretty sure Liverpool nicked our idea.

I don't recall ever seeing it. I mean, I watched the Arsenal tunnel cam from the other night and there were no goal reactions, just people coming in at half and full time.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

pissy smelliott posted:

Yeah Liverpool do it too it owns

West Brom do a thing where the players come out of the dressing room and the walking to the tunnel which usually lasts for like 2 mins not the in depth thing like that city vid

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

sircozzie posted:

City used to do that then they stopped. I'm not sure why really because it was a good addition

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

sircozzie posted:

As pik_d said, we used to do that but not any more, its quite annoying you're right. Liverpool did nick the idea, but they do it better now!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

TheGoatFeeder posted:

As pik_d said, we used to do that but not any more, its quite annoying you're right. Liverpool did nick the idea, but they do it better now!

Kind of like Chelsea/City then....

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
This man will get Liverpool the financial muscle it takes to buy its way back into the CL. Mark my words.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV1mM0LCEI0

it's true though, Lauren was a dirty fucker

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

:gbsmith:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bit crass of United to celebrate the 1996 league title on a day of mourning imo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

the sex ghost posted:

Bit crass of United to celebrate the 1996 league title on a day of mourning imo

It was a message for Halsey so he knew how much fergie-time to play

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

:swoon:

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

euroboy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV1mM0LCEI0

it's true though, Lauren was a dirty fucker

God, the graphic of that line-up brings a tear to my eye.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Where's his €100,000 fine, UEFA?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

VIDEO GAMES

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
José Enrique's eyebrows are unnerving.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TyChan posted:

VIDEO GAMES

Someone at EA had to sit there and phone up each manufacturer to make EA shirts so the players wouldn't be in breach of their sponsorship football is dead.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The way Hart always buttons up his shirts right to the top bothers me more than it should.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
When I sit down for a riveting FIFA session the first thing I ensure I have is a huge bowl of bananas within reach.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
That's racist, dude

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Someone at EA had to sit there and phone up each manufacturer to make EA shirts so the players wouldn't be in breach of their sponsorship football is dead.
That's easier than you think since most companies have template shirts you can get any company logo put on.

But we definitely had to do that since now we have an apparel deal with Under Armour to do all our internal shirts.

Captain Cancer
Sep 18, 2005

Teach em' young
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet

Scienide
Sep 29, 2006

Gunplay...

God knows what's going on.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Purno posted:

I posted this in the Eredivisie thread but it deserves to be in here too. Desmond Tutu was the guest of honor at the Twente - Heerenveen game this weekend to promote his charity. Remember this guy is 80 years old.

Also just before this, after he was introduced to all the players, he walked back the line but this time high-fiving all the kid mascots :3:

Desmond Tutu may actually be the greatest man who has ever lived, and it makes me so happy that he's managed to lead such a long life that he evidently gets so much joy out of.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Scienide posted:

God knows what's going on.

as if we needed anymore proof that dalglish is crazy

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Cracked Kenny indeed

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's really him?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Abu Dave posted:

That's really him?

Verified twitter account.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

EDIT: Nevermind

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 25, 2012

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.

TyChan posted:

VIDEO GAMES
Is Joe Hart wearing jeggings?

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

When I sit down for a riveting FIFA session the first thing I ensure I have is a huge bowl of bananas within reach.

To throw at the screen every time Samuel Eto'o carves through your defence?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Rycalawre posted:

To throw at the screen every time Samuel Eto'o carves through your defence?

WHAT????? Jesus christ that is so racist what is wrong with you?

Hip Flask
Dec 14, 2010

Zip Mask
It's not racist, it's hilarious.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

Wirth1000 posted:

The way Hart always buttons up his shirts right to the top bothers me more than it should.

bloody prejudiced against punters and publicans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Liverpool might be racist, but they are also gay friendly.

quote:

Liverpool FC hosted its first civil partnership.

Reds fans Sarah McKnight and Christina Walls were joined by family and friends as they became the first couple to hold their civil ceremony at the stadium.

I'm not sure how long it will take before Suarez calls someone a maricon and put a taint on this.

• Locked thread