Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Line Feed posted:

You folks reckon Jack's going to murder up some ghost kids? :v:

I was kind of expecting LE to show up and obliterate all of the dead teen ancestor trolls the second Meenah and the living kids/trolls leave, but introducing them to Jack works too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I bet he's going to kill Karkat. Again.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Nate RFB posted:

I bet he's going to kill Karkat. Again.

Odd way to spell John. Though I figure this bubble will have Tavros and Vriska, or some other alpha A2 Trolls. Mainly because I want to see those guys again.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Jack's going to float into an empty dream bubble. John will appear, Jack will stab him immediately, then John will wake back up. Jack will fly out of the dream bubble feeling much better about himself.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It's always Equius. Always.

I wonder if Darkleer is obsessed with just watching as Equius was. Could be Kurloz's secrets aren't as safe as he thought, under the watchful eye of a deranged horsefucker!

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
CALLED IT

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
What if Darkleer is blind, though?

edit: Well, it goes along with the theme of the other Beforus trolls. My hopes aren't high that he'll be awesome anyways. Besides Meenah, the other ancestors are full of problems. I can't even guess what issues the last three will have, especially in Nitram's case. None but the little Condesce will remotely be in the running for Best Troll.

vvvvvvvvvvv

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 26, 2012

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Bell_ posted:

What if Darkleer is blind, though?

You're a monster for even suggesting this. :ohdear:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

WAR FOOT posted:

You're a monster for even suggesting this. :ohdear:

He actually very well might be.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Normally I'd be against this, but since we are being Jack Noir, I'm relieved.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I know this is update before last, but I just realized that Terezi had her dragon hood pulled up over her face because she was crying and didn't want Karkat to see.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

But we already have a blind troll! Darkleer would be stepping on Terezi's toes and we'd have to have some sort of blind-off to determine who is the blindest.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Line Feed posted:

But we already have a blind troll! Darkleer would be stepping on Terezi's toes and we'd have to have some sort of blind-off to determine who is the blindest.

You cannot beat Terezi in a blind-off. She is simply the best there is.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

senseinobu posted:

I know this is update before last, but I just realized that Terezi had her dragon hood pulled up over her face because she was crying and didn't want Karkat to see.
It's also a nice visual illusion to Terezi's role in the group being overshadowed by Rose.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Line Feed posted:

Except Terezi is more Zatoichi-blind where it doesn't stop you from being a badass canesword fighter. I think Darkleer will be a little more disabled, in keeping with the trend of this band of clowns being pretty useless - if he really is blind.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Zahhak looks like he's going to be a steampunk fan. Why would he need any extra disabilities?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I just wonder if the Beta Trolls are going to be one-and-done after this intermission or if they're going to be a persistent force for the rest of the comic. Because wow, their situation sucks hardcore and leaving it unresolved is only a step below total annihilation.

Personally I'm banking on English popping their bubble just as the heroes get out. It would provide a decent mix of drama (losing Meenah after discovering how rad she was) and catharsis (Kankri and Cronus being atomized).

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If we're predicting that Zahhak is disabled, then my guess is that he is missing several extremities because he attempted, with varying degrees of success, to replace them with robot prosthetics.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

I just wonder if the Beta Trolls are going to be one-and-done after this intermission or if they're going to be a persistent force for the rest of the comic. Because wow, their situation sucks hardcore and leaving it unresolved is only a step below total annihilation.

Personally I'm banking on English popping their bubble just as the heroes get out. It would provide a decent mix of drama (losing Meenah after discovering how rad she was) and catharsis (Kankri and Cronus being atomized).

Call me shallow, but I enjoy happy endings. I hope at the end of Homestuck we get to see the whole cast of trolls and humans happy, or at least with some resolution leaning towards it. I think it would suck if the Beforus trolls all got annihilated before seeing any resolution of their own failings or plot arcs.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

I honestly have no idea what most of the new trolls could bring, except for Meenah and Aranea. Most of them have just peaced out of caring about poo poo beyond their little high school drama bubbles.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

snucks posted:

It's also a nice visual illusion to Terezi's role in the group being overshadowed by Rose.

:eng101: Allusion, not illusion.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

Call me shallow, but I enjoy happy endings. I hope at the end of Homestuck we get to see the whole cast of trolls and humans happy, or at least with some resolution leaning towards it. I think it would suck if the Beforus trolls all got annihilated before seeing any resolution of their own failings or plot arcs.

I also like happy endings sometimes. I very much want as many happy endings as possible in Homestuck, but it's Homestuck. Expecting traditionally happy endings has only left a trail of tears so far.

I personally wouldn't mind more of the Beta Trolls. Sure, the cast would become even more bloated, but it would also provide more distraction from the Alpha Kids. Even then, most of them are way past any point of resolution since their own character arcs happened billions of years ago, aside from Meenah's.

Seoinin posted:

I honestly have no idea what most of the new trolls could bring, except for Meenah and Aranea. Most of them have just peaced out of caring about poo poo beyond their little high school drama bubbles.

Though at least two of them and possibly more are only in that state because of Kurloz. If he's the Prince of Rage then it might be possible for him to psychically sap the aggression of others.

Really, it's mostly about Mituna for me. I wouldn't want any character's arc to consist of "sustained moderate-to-severe brain damage while fighting off his best friend, spent billions of years mentally disabled, got disintegrated by a magic skeleton pimp." It's a downer.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 26, 2012

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Bongo Bill posted:

If we're predicting that Zahhak is disabled, then my guess is that he is missing several extremities because he attempted, with varying degrees of success, to replace them with robot prosthetics.
I am now hoping for the centaur setup Equius dreamed about making for Tavros
Much cooler, but what will the obligatory Hussie easter egg think?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

WAR FOOT posted:

I'm expecting most/all of them (everyone except Meenah and maybe Aranea is my guess) to get double-killed and be out of the picture, honestly. They could end up sticking around, of course, but at this point it seems to me like their role is more to provide some extra background/character development for the main trolls than to be full-time characters in their own right... but then you never can tell with Homestuck.

I'm a fan of happy endings, too, and I'd like to think that this all ends well enough for everybody who's still alive come the final panel, but at this point I don't feel like I can even guess where the story is going to end up. I just hope it's not some kind of "LE kills everyone because, whaddya know, the invincible demon really was invincible. How about that." downer ending- I don't think my poor heart could take it.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I bet that bubble has Slick in it.

Gotta form a new crew made entirely of different versions of Jake Noir to go kill English.

That fan comic will basically be canon.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Honestly I'm half expecting Beforus Nitram and Beforus Zahhak to be the only competent not awful Beforus trolls aside from Meenah, in an amusing inversion of expectations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I do not like this Jack fellow and I hope the mail lady gives him whatfor. Whatfor being stabs. Lots of them.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

I also like happy endings sometimes. I very much want as many happy endings as possible in Homestuck, but it's Homestuck. Expecting traditionally happy endings has only left a trail of tears so far.

Homestuck is partly a creation myth, so it's going to end like any creation myth does: with the beginning of everything else, good and bad.

Homestuck is partly a coming of age story, so it's going to end like any coming of age story does: with the fulfillment of the principal characters' destiny, whatever that is.

Homestuck is partly an adventure story, so it's going to end like any adventure story does: when it's well and truly over, and not a moment sooner.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

For some reason I hope Jack just goes into the dreambubble with John and doesn't hurt him at all. Like, they just hang out. Talk about their feelings maybe.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Constable Lemon posted:

For some reason I hope Jack just goes into the dreambubble with John and doesn't hurt him at all. Like, they just hang out. Talk about their feelings maybe.

Sees Jade, freaks out, tries begging for them to hide him.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Well, the odds of the A1 trolls being killed just skyrocketed.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Well, the odds of the A1 trolls being killed just skyrocketed.

Can Jack doublekill ghost trolls? I thought that was kind of a special thing Lord English did.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
So I've been thinking. I'm pretty sure that great joke that Gamzee's religion is the fact that he makes it up. He could be trolling lord English. He could be trolling everyone.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Honestly I'm half expecting Beforus Nitram and Beforus Zahhak to be the only competent not awful Beforus trolls aside from Meenah, in an amusing inversion of expectations.

To be fair, Equius was competent. At least in the sense that being a player that has superhuman strength, mechanical genius, the inability to be spied upon by any enemy, wasn't an uncooperative team drama bomb like half the rest of his team and such intellectual taste in art made him pretty useful. It's just that the plot mostly focused on the less sweaty trolls, and then when Equius got his dramatic moment his personality problems made him choke at the last minute. (Erm, so to speak.)

So the real opposite of Equius would be to give him a lot of limelight but make him useless.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

So I've been thinking. I'm pretty sure that great joke that Gamzee's religion is the fact that he makes it up. He could be trolling lord English. He could be trolling everyone.

That's actually not unlikely, since he had this whole thing about casting aside his religion as a bunch of false fraudy fakey-fake nonsense and his lack of patience with Kurloz's sermons suggests this attitude hasn't changed. It also means his actual motivations are a total mystery, but it's Gamzee, so that's nothing new.

Acidophilus
Aug 27, 2009

What's all this then?
Unfortunately for Jack, everyone in the bubble that Meenah is puttering around in "right now" is either dead already or asleep, so there's no one he can truly kill. Aradia is there but I don't think he can perma-kill her if she just doesn't bother to engage him.

What if it's Calliope's....how frustrating would that be?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Acidophilus posted:

Unfortunately for Jack, everyone in the bubble that Meenah is puttering around in "right now" is either dead already or asleep, so there's no one he can truly kill. Aradia is there but I don't think he can perma-kill her if she just doesn't bother to engage him.

What if it's Calliope's....how frustrating would that be?

Also, Aradia is god tier, and jack running up and stabbing her is neither heroic nor just.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
That really was one hell of an update yesterday. The bit with Karkat, though... equal parts :unsmith: and :3:, especially his inspirational speech to Terezi. Stuff like that is why Karkat's the best troll in the comic. He doesn't have a neat visual style or unique mannerisms or any cool gimmicks, he just is.

Anyway Karkat was so great in yesterday's update that I had to make a little composition to deal with all these feelings:

The Good Person You Already Are

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I still have my money on Gamzee's motivation at this point actually being that he is going out of his way to save everyone's asses from LE in his own special way. The Tavriska thing was to get them out of the dream bubble before LE destroyed it. Even the creation of Bec Noir may end up being vital to destroying LE.

In the end he'll just call LE another false messiah and smash his skullface in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

In his big revelation he did mention that he is himself the Mirthful Messiahs. This could mean his revelation was that the last Subjugglator (namely himself) was always the object of the Subjugglators' reverence, and not Lord English as they(?) had assumed.

The idea that there's contention regarding the true identity of a figure foretold by prophecy is a religious theme that would be appropriate for Homestuck. It also brings the total number of arguable Christ figures to three, namely Kankri (compassionate teacher who was executed horribly), John (famously resurrected, big on forgiveness and redemption), and now Gamzee (claimant to a prophecy).

I wonder what the deal is going to be with all these potions.