Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's probably Robox. Everyone loves Robox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm sure we've seen Jones wearing a scarf before, several times even, albeit in a more restrained color.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm sure we've seen Jones wearing a scarf before, several times even, albeit in a more restrained color.

Wow, you have a crazy memory. Looked back, and yeah,here's one example. Not that much less restrained, to be honest, it just stands out more in this muted environment. Actually, glancing back, Jones has a few other outfits with a single bright fabric amongst the greys and whites. Style.

Anyway, someone should tell Eglamore that that many hickeys is just unprofessional.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 26, 2012

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
:ms:

but that doesn't solve anything at all!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tom, you're an rear end in a top hat.

Never, ever loving stop :h:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
This time I managed not to get my hopes up! I'm gradually learning!

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Wake up, go to check for updates, and... should have known it wouldn't have been answered so easily. :v:

I'm also wondering if it's Parley, since the name wasn't mentioned-maybe Annie is too prone to doing her own thing and not listening to others to be a good medium right now? Or leans too much towards the forest side? Then again I could just be reading into it too much and the obvious answer really is Annie.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
She really is a terrible medium, though. She's gotten all palsy-walsy with the Forest and the last time that happened they ended up with a body-stealing rear end in a top hat tearing through the Court and at least two entities ended up dead as a result. Plus she's prone to huge emotional outbursts and is pretty clearly hostile towards the Court's authority. Not to mention that the demigod/god she's supposed to be neutral with is really interested in her for unknown reasons.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
It's not the words Tea-san says we have to worry about. He tells the truth.

What we have to worry about are the words he doesn't say. :ohdear:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The medium is obviously Zimmy. I mean just look at how well she solved that whole thing where Annie was in the hospital!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Battle Pigeon posted:

I'm also wondering if it's Parley, since the name wasn't mentioned-maybe Annie is too prone to doing her own thing and not listening to others to be a good medium right now? Or leans too much towards the forest side? Then again I could just be reading into it too much and the obvious answer really is Annie.

Unless it's a double-fakeout, it's going to be Parley. Tea-san doesn't seem the type to make it that easy. Especially considering archive readers, who are probably going to at least think that Annie has a shot.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'm liking the golem explanation more and more. Remember that, for golems, their name is of particular significance: If it is taken from them, they cease to exist.

EDIT: Of course, golems can't speak so...
Was there ever a conclusive 'yes' to the early court robots being golems? Because they can speak.
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=884
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=894

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Tea-san posted:

Then again, even stuff I assumed people would realise was a joke are considered lies. At the end of Chapter 13 I said the next chapter was going to be about monster trucks and electric guitars (because chpt 13 ended in a very sappy fashion), and even though I've long since deleted that comment, it's still brought up as "proof" that I'm a liar and that anything I say can't be trusted on my forum.

Listen, you said those words on the internet. You can't just take them back.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
I was actually kind of hoping this would happen. Annie needs to be knocked down a few pegs. Her actions and emotions as of late have been generally smug, thinking that she's better than everyone else.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Parts Kit posted:

Was there ever a conclusive 'yes' to the early court robots being golems? Because they can speak.

They meet the definition of Golems in that they're inanimate objects brought to life through magical means, but they're not the same as traditional mythological ones in their nature.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Migishu posted:

I was actually kind of hoping this would happen. Annie needs to be knocked down a few pegs. Her actions and emotions as of late have been generally smug, thinking that she's better than everyone else.

Exactly. There's plenty of places the story can go if it's Parley, less so if it's Annie. Annie needs to learn that she is not born into privilege thanks to her mother, and more importantly that she is not her mother. I'm surprised she hasn't even struggled with that fact given what she learned in Fire Spike. Especially with how many people have confused her for her mother you'd expect she'd have issues relating to her place in the world relative to her mother. Getting turned down for the medium position just might do the trick to spur on that existential crisis that's been brewing ever since she learned the truth about her mother.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 26, 2012

Cat Plus Plus
Apr 8, 2011

:frogc00l:

Parts Kit posted:

I think it was just Annie's wild theory. I don't remember any confirmations in the comic.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

PiotrLegnica posted:

I think it was just Annie's wild theory. I don't remember any confirmations in the comic.

But that's interesting in that it opens up the game to the very possible curveball of "No, the robots aren't golems... But Jones is."

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

MikeJF posted:

Tea-san may not be a liar, but going from Monday to today, he's a goddamn tease. :argh:

Well of course he's not gonna reveal it on page 2 of twenty-something. He's got a whole chapter to play around with the answer.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Migishu posted:

This is one of the things I really liked as I read through the whole thing for the first time recently-at the beginning, Annie felt like a Mary-Sue, always seemingly knowing what to do or having things work out for her with little to no effort on her part. Then, the more I read, the more developed and believable she became. For example, at the beginning, she felt almost a bit too perfect. Now, instead she's portrayed as somewhat arrogant, and not always listening to others. It was (is?) one of the things that kept me reading through.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

You never lie, huh?

How about this, then!?

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=646

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tea-san posted:

Then again, even stuff I assumed people would realise was a joke are considered lies. At the end of Chapter 13 I said the next chapter was going to be about monster trucks and electric guitars (because chpt 13 ended in a very sappy fashion), and even though I've long since deleted that comment, it's still brought up as "proof" that I'm a liar and that anything I say can't be trusted on my forum.
This reminds me of something.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

I wonder if Jones was Steadman the archer from the flashback scene. He has the same emotionless competence, a sort of similar appearance, and seems of similar mannerisms.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=655

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=658

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=590

It seems like Jones was at the event, too, given how she's speaking of it here:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=585 (mentions Steadman in the next page).

Just a crazy random theory. Still doesn't explain WHAT Jones is.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Honestly at this point I'd settle for Siddell just telling us what Jones is in his dry jokey comment section.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

OneTwentySix posted:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=585 (mentions Steadman in the next page).

Just a crazy random theory. Still doesn't explain WHAT Jones is.

A few pages onward, Parley has a Samus Aran poster on her wall :3:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Cyphoderus posted:

I'm also just now noticing that Jones appears to have sunk MUCH deeper into the bed than the others. Makes sense, given other things she's done.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Cyphoderus posted:

And several pages earlier in the text beneath,
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=577

Waffnuffly posted:

I'm also just now noticing that Jones appears to have sunk MUCH deeper into the bed than the others. Makes sense, given other things she's done.
Yeah she's about up to her knees going from the previous comic.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

The comment on this page has also been a lie ever since this came out.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
We need to know. Is Mort Fun Time CANON?

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Parts Kit posted:

And several pages earlier in the text beneath,
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=577

Hahahaha I just noticed that the simulation ended early because Smitty accidentally made the lost artifact show up with his power of "making everything boring." That's just perfect. So many little details!

Fangz posted:

If it isn't, I'm DONE with this comic

vvv Basically, every time something intense or sad happens in the story, somewhere off-screen it's

Buff Skeleton fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 26, 2012

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Fangz posted:

It's probably what he does to pass the time (besides scaring people). Every day.

Cat Plus Plus
Apr 8, 2011

:frogc00l:

Waffnuffly posted:

If it isn't, I'm DONE with this comic

There would be riots. :mad:

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

What's up with the headmaster's prominent, framed red square?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

feetnotes posted:

It's art, man. A philistine like you wouldn't understand.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.

feetnotes posted:

Kasimir Malewitsch, Red square (pictorial realism of a farmer woman in two dimensione) 1915, Oil on canvas

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Always wearing a scarf?

gently caress, she's that woman who was beheaded and is kept alive by neckware!

She doesn't get excited because one laugh that's too hard will kill her.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

A student posted:

Always wearing a scarf?

She doesn't get excited because one laugh that's too hard will kill her.

She has not always been with scarf.

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

In another few hours, the sun will rise!
The real question is, are we sure it's a scarf? It could be an ascot :goonsay:

Eldoop
Jul 29, 2012

Cheeky? Us?
Why, I never!

enthe0s posted:

The real question is, are we sure it's a scarf? It could be an ascot :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

A student posted:

Always wearing a scarf?

I thought of that too, but of course she's scarfless on the immediately previous page.

As to bait-and-switch tactics: hahahahaha
I figured such a brusque question wasn't going to be answered immediately, but I figured we were going to get a "What do you think? Review the clues, etc." type runaround. Not a sudden flashback! Congratulations Tom, you euchred me anyway. :thumbsup: