Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That first shot is pretty cool.. is the city on a hill sloping downwards to the right or is that lens distortion? Either way it looks neat. Reminiscent of the curvature of the earth, even though there's no way you could be seeing it on something so close.

I like the effect of the haze, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

xzzy posted:

That first shot is pretty cool.. is the city on a hill sloping downwards to the right or is that lens distortion? Either way it looks neat. Reminiscent of the curvature of the earth, even though there's no way you could be seeing it on something so close.

I like the effect of the haze, too.

It's both actually. I was shooting with a 14-24 and that gets pretty walleyed when you're wide open. I was also on top of the Acropolis shooting at Athens, and the whole city sweeps away from the mountain.

That was one of the few places where I liked the haze. Most of the Amalfi shots (the two mountain ones at the end) were covered in haze since it was so humid that day. Lightroom took care of most of it, but I'm still a terrible post-processor, so I couldn't get it all.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
It's now fall, so if you're in New England, get your rear end outside and start taking some kick-rear end foliage pics

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Here's some neither from New England nor from this year!

Bright on Flickr

Dropoff on Flickr

And a repeat, but it's my favorite from that trip so I'm posting it again:

Superior on Flickr

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

Royal Docks Panorama. by Clwn, on Flickr

That 70s Shirt
Dec 6, 2006

What do you think I'm gonna do? I'm gonna save the fuckin' day!
It took a few months, but I finally made my way all the way through this thread. Some crazy-good work in here; makes me kinda nervous to post mine.

I just recently got a 500px account, so not all of my favorite landscape work is uploaded yet, but here's some that is:

The Forester by Don_H

Lost by Don_H

Driftwood by Don_H

Day's Passing on the Waterfront by Don_H

And here's one from my recent trip to Pinnacles National Monument. I've still got a ton to process, so I'll share the best ones as they come.

Dawn on the Rocks by Don_H

CarrotFlowers
Dec 17, 2010

Blerg.
I went on a trip a month ago and am just getting out of photography funk to process them.

IMG_5039 by Breanne Unger, on Flickr

IMG_5020 by Breanne Unger, on Flickr

IMG_4925 by Breanne Unger, on Flickr

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Little of this, little of that, trying to get back into it again.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Cityscape, fairly boring, I keep revisiting the same spot hoping for good light, but I've yet to really get what I want.

Sunset's warden. by falamh, on Flickr

Rovasti
Aug 20, 2004
Wild boar weights two hundred kilometers and eats boiled potatoes
I can't decide how to crop this

Laituri ja mies rajaus 2 by Sami Kaukolinna, on Flickr

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

Rovasti posted:

I can't decide how to crop this

Laituri ja mies rajaus 2 by Sami Kaukolinna, on Flickr

Personally, I really like it the way it is.

Metalslug
Jul 17, 2002

...rather well, as it turned out. One night at a keg beer party I was offered a marijuana joint.

Dracon Wolf posted:

Personally, I really like it the way it is.

Agreed. WOW.

Cropping advice appreciated for this one:

Early morning on the Ganges by Alan Grainger

Metalslug fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 25, 2012

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I'd like to crop out the paving cutting diagonally across the bottom, but it feels like doing so (with a 2:1 crop) loses too much of the rocks and water.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Metalslug posted:

Agreed. WOW.

Cropping advice appreciated for this one:

Early morning on the Ganges by Alan Grainger

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you colour-blind? A lot of your images seem to have a dark yellow cast to them.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

few more recent pics from around and about :

Sjalusi og Melankoli by ____||||||||||||||||||, on Flickr

The Dome by ____||||||||||||||||||, on Flickr

Cityscape, Paris by ____||||||||||||||||||, on Flickr

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

aliencowboy posted:

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you colour-blind? A lot of your images seem to have a dark yellow cast to them.

I rather like the style. :colbert:

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Scatterfold posted:

few more recent pics from around and about :

The Dome by ____||||||||||||||||||, on Flickr

This one is really good. Between the clouds, and the way the towers of the dome reach to the sky, it has a huge Sci-Fi vibe, especially with the post processing. Do you have it in color available? I'm curious to see what it started as.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Shampoo posted:

This one is really good. Between the clouds, and the way the towers of the dome reach to the sky, it has a huge Sci-Fi vibe, especially with the post processing. Do you have it in color available? I'm curious to see what it started as.

no problem; here it is without processing:

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

xzzy posted:

I rather like the style. :colbert:

I wasn't trying to be rude, the colour palettes just seem like they were made with a red/green deficiency.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Scatterfold posted:

no problem; here it is without processing:

Very cool, thanks! I always like to see the before shots in really well processed ones.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

aliencowboy posted:

I wasn't trying to be rude, the colour palettes just seem like they were made with a red/green deficiency.

Fair enough, I was just trying to prevent the guy from running off and reprocessing a picture I already like. :v:

whaam
Mar 18, 2008
One of my dogs almost fell down a waterfall when I was taking this.. No more dogs invited on photo trips.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

whaam posted:

One of my dogs almost fell down a waterfall when I was taking this.. No more dogs invited on photo trips.

Obviously you are going about it the wrong way. You should make it a video and photography trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBS1E0KZQU

wizard sticks
Feb 16, 2005

whaam posted:

Three pools just outside of Wolfville NS?

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

wizard sticks posted:

Three pools just outside of Wolfville NS?

Yeah that's the spot. You in ns?

Niagalack
Aug 29, 2007

No half measure.

aliencowboy posted:

He is, he stated it earlier.

Metalslug
Jul 17, 2002

...rather well, as it turned out. One night at a keg beer party I was offered a marijuana joint.

aliencowboy posted:

Yes I am! So these are all sort of the photo journal of the world seem through my eyes. Unfortunately I can't see what you're saying, could try and reprocess but I'd just be stabbing in the dark. You're the first person to make that association though so don't know if that's good or bad.

Guess I'm screwed :)

Edit: Would you also say the same thing about the other two Ganges sunrise shots on my 500px (the boat and the ladies bathing)? To me I thought they were excellent and captured what I saw really well, but I'd be keen to know if they're also yellow.

Metalslug fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 27, 2012

Metalslug
Jul 17, 2002

big scary monsters posted:

I'd like to crop out the paving cutting diagonally across the bottom, but it feels like doing so (with a 2:1 crop) loses too much of the rocks and water.

That's what I was thinking too. One of my many photos that I forgot to compose properly before pressing the button. :(

Sorry for the double post, sending this on the world's shittiest 2G in the middle of India...

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Metalslug posted:

Yes I am! So these are all sort of the photo journal of the world seem through my eyes. Unfortunately I can't see what you're saying, could try and reprocess but I'd just be stabbing in the dark. You're the first person to make that association though so don't know if that's good or bad.

Guess I'm screwed :)

Edit: Would you also say the same thing about the other two Ganges sunrise shots on my 500px (the boat and the ladies bathing)? To me I thought they were excellent and captured what I saw really well, but I'd be keen to know if they're also yellow.

Yeah, it's pretty evident in most of your sunset/sunrise pictures. You shouldn't feel the need to pander though; part of the joy of photography is being able to articulate and share your own interpretation of the world. I was just curious. :)

Hotwax Residue
Mar 26, 2010
Those clouds are awesome!

Sunset Stars by Paul.Simpson, on Flickr

Waves by Paul.Simpson, on Flickr

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN
Holy poo poo, dude.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

yall are talented

real nap shit fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 30, 2012

ruro
Apr 30, 2003

We went away for a few days. I took some photos :).

Edit: Oops messed up in Flickr

ruro fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 2, 2012

wizard sticks
Feb 16, 2005

whaam posted:

Yeah that's the spot. You in ns?

I went to school at Acadia so I know 3 pools quite well. Beautiful spot.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've been sitting on a few shots from August when a few friends and I rented out a Cessna for some sightseeing. All I can say is Alaska has some tremendous scenery. Ya gotta really try to gently caress up a landscape like this.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Okay, I broke down and went out for some autumn pictures.

River without Rock on Flickr

Autumn Foliage on Flickr

Above the Trees 3 on Flickr

Houghton Autumn on Flickr

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Constrained myself to 35mm for all of my landscape shooting and I'm still struggling, but some shots from this weekend weren't all bad:

Harvest moon over Split Rock lighthouse:

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 2, 2012

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Some more glacier shots:

Checking the moulin by Trips in the Rockies, on Flickr

Meltwater by Trips in the Rockies, on Flickr

Tourism by Trips in the Rockies, on Flickr

And then we stopped at Peyto Lake Lookout on our way back home.

Peyto Lake pan with smoke by Trips in the Rockies, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mathturbator
Oct 12, 2004
Funny original quote

vote_no posted:

Okay, I broke down and went out for some autumn pictures.

River without Rock on Flickr
This is really awesomegreat!