Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

YF-23 posted:

What are you crazy, Jack and PM could have a baby and the first thing Jack would do would be to stab it in the gut to establish paternity.

Yep. The sun shines, grass grows, birds fly, and Jack stabs people. It's just the natural order of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Arthur Crackpot posted:

If it is John's dreambubble, and if Jack is indeed incapable of killing people within bubbles, then the awkwardness of this encounter is going to be delicious.

John's dreaming, not dead. If he gets stabbed, he'll just wake up again and disappear from the bubble, same as when he met Meenah and Roxy.

Technique posted:

I think it really depends on how much time and effort you put into the stabs.

Time is something Jack doesn't have right now. He's trying to hide, remember?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Time is something Jack doesn't have right now. He's trying to hide, remember?

If anyone can find time to try stabbing new things, it's Jack. :colbert:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Jack's Sburb title would be the Stab of Stab.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Bobulus posted:

Welp. Treestuck guessed the Godtier Jade via Jadesprite thing ahead of time.

(Still isn't to Cascade yet. :( )

To be fair this was never a difficult prediction to make considering John and Jade had a lengthy conversation about the possibility, and Hussie appearing in the Scratch section with the Hero of Space god-tier hoodie was another unsubtle clue. She's still going to get a kick out of God-tier Jade being part dog, as well as Rose and Dave's surprise god-tiers.

Anyway hurry up Hussie John's in angsty teenager mode and eager to relive his Corpse Cassanova makeout scene, apparently.

Man, that would be super awkward if this is in fact the same dream bubble everyone else is in and Rose actually shows up in that scene too.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 26, 2012

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Poor Jack. He finds a Dream Bubble full of interesting, colorful people -- and they're all already stabbed. Where's the fun in that?

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.
People were speculating earlier about a Something Awful troll to go along with the Tumblr and 4chan ones. Then while reading some slightly long-winded theorizing about Sburb mechanics I realised that we pretty much already have our troll, at least as far as this thread is concerned - Aranea :v:.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ShardPhoenix posted:

People were speculating earlier about a Something Awful troll to go along with the Tumblr and 4chan ones. Then while reading some slightly long-winded theorizing about Sburb mechanics I realised that we pretty much already have our troll, at least as far as this thread is concerned - Aranea :v:.

I'm still hoping for the Beforus Zahhak Zybourne Clock theory that someone posted a few pages back.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CidGregor posted:

To be fair this was never a difficult prediction to make considering John and Jade had a lengthy conversation about the possibility, and Hussie appearing in the Scratch section with the Hero of Space god-tier hoodie was another unsubtle clue. She's still going to get a kick out of God-tier Jade being part dog, as well as Rose and Dave's surprise god-tiers.

Well, assuming she isn't already cosplay spoilered

sansuki
May 17, 2003

So, having just now played the walkaround, it seems funny that the clowns have the swapcophagus. You know, seeing as how Calliope is the instrumental to the downfall of their Dark Carnival.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

ShardPhoenix posted:

Long winded, caught in backhanded insults, and has to pay others to listen to her? Sounds like Something Awful in a nutshell.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

sansuki posted:

So, having just now played the walkaround, it seems funny that the clowns have the swapcophagus. You know, seeing as how Calliope is the instrumental to the downfall of their Dark Carnival.

I just now got this. Such a terrible yet appropriate pun.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

sansuki posted:

It seemed like they were holding on to items they thought might jeopardize their goals, for safe-keeping.

Anyway, I really wonder what we're going to see in this dream bubble, assuming it's John. I really hope it'll be a window into John's feelings about the death of his dad and about Bec Noir, considering how often we've talked about John's lack of reaction. Smart money is he's been suppressing a lot of terrible poo poo for a very long time, so seeing a bit of his dreams might reveal what he's really thinking.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Triskelli posted:

Long winded, caught in backhanded insults, and has to pay others to listen to her? Sounds like Something Awful in a nutshell.

Hope u got :10boonbux:

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.
Jack is going to start pretending to get along with John in front of PM in order to convince her they're friends now and he turned over a new leaf, but John keeps shouting and trying to attack him because he's still really pissed off about everything and eventually Jack will snap and stab him.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

RickoniX posted:

Hope u got :10boonbux:

gently caress, clown balloon coming for you is now down right sinister.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

If this leads to actual honest to god dialog coming out of Jack/PM's mouth, I'll be surprised.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Triskelli posted:

Given the pirate fixation, I'm afraid it's even worse - she's SA from four years ago!!!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Maybe I missed an obvious explanation, but how does Meenah plan to actually get out of her dream bubble to be able to fight LE? What with being dead and all.

Bongo Bill posted:

This does, however, imply the existence of a beta Jade from the same timeline as beta John, assuming she died before Dave reversed.

With all the exposition there's been on how U2 (our universe) and B1 (our session) are temporally unrelated in exactly the same way that A2 is dissociated from B1, I thought it was pretty obvious that a choice inside B1 that creates a beta timeline would apply only to the session, not to our universe, in the same way that there is no beta Terezi who saw John make the "wrong" choice by taking her advice.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 26, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

Maybe I missed an obvious explanation, but how does Meenah plan to actually get out of her dream bubble to be able to fight LE? What with being dead and all.

Maybe she plans to fight him inside a dream bubble.

Or the Thief of Life has a special way to escape a dreambubble.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I sure hope so because it would be just awful if her whirlwind murder date turned out to be doomed to failure. :(

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Maybe they'll need someone who can exist as both a ghost in the inside of the bubbles and as a living being outside of them, in order to act as a bridge between the two. Say, for example, Sollux.

Or maybe as a theif of life, she can revive herself by absorbing the essence of existing living characters. SORRY CHESS PEOPLE, I KNOW ROXY SAVED ALL YOUR LIVES BUT NOW YOU DIE SO THAT I MAY LIVE

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Rooreelooo posted:

Maybe they'll need someone who can exist as both a ghost in the inside of the bubbles and as a living being outside of them, in order to act as a bridge between the two. Say, for example, Sollux.

Or maybe as a theif of life, she can revive herself by absorbing the essence of existing living characters. SORRY CHESS PEOPLE, I KNOW ROXY SAVED ALL YOUR LIVES BUT NOW YOU DIE SO THAT I MAY LIVE

Then they find a Rogue of Life to start swapping dead/alive people. It's a flawless plan.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Rooreelooo posted:

Do we know if any of those carapace people survived yet? I hope so, it'd make Roxy sad if they perished.

Then again a scene where she makes it back to her house and it's filled with the dessicated corpses of the only family she's ever known might make for powerful imagery.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Color Printer posted:

If this leads to actual honest to god dialog coming out of Jack/PM's mouth, I'll be surprised.

I though the felt can talk but only in 3rd person.

PM, however...

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

MyFaceBeHi posted:

I though the felt can talk but only in 3rd person.

PM, however...
Felt? We had Snowchat in Cascade. "Draw, Spades"

Edit: Midnight Crew does seem to do things in the second person, though.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Slick and his crew have spoken, it's just through Exile terminals.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Second person, third, eighth! I never claimed to be an expert :colbert:

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Seoinin posted:

Given the pirate fixation, I'm afraid it's even worse - she's SA from four years ago!!!

The only thing worse than Something Awful right now is Something Awful from the past, and the only thing worse than Past Something Awful is Future Something Awful! Right?

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

GrizzlyCow posted:

The only thing worse than Something Awful right now is Something Awful from the past, and the only thing worse than Past Something Awful is Future Something Awful! Right?

So our fan-troll is Karkat?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

glitchwraith posted:

Yeah, isn't it obvious?

We even named him!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
It's not quite the same as Treestuck, but it's a lot of fun going back and reading the Goon reactions from way back.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I remember when I thought Terezi was faking her blindness and Karkat was some weird offshoot of WV.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

glitchwraith posted:

drat loving right it is.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

The blood on that bookcase sort of looks like the :unsmith: emoticon.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I keep forgetting Jack and PM have one arm (because of the prototyped harlequin doll) and then panels like this make it pretty obvious.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Is there supposed to be a rule that she can't? It's not like the dream bubbles are a naturally-occurring part of the afterlife, the horrorterrors created them because Feferi asked them to. That would imply that before that player ghosts were just floating around out there in the Furthest Ring.

(Assuming that there was a "before that", which isn't guaranteed what with time being all screwy out there.)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Suaimhneas posted:

Is there supposed to be a rule that she can't? It's not like the dream bubbles are a naturally-occurring part of the afterlife, the horrorterrors created them because Feferi asked them to. That would imply that before that player ghosts were just floating around out there in the Furthest Ring.

(Assuming that there was a "before that", which isn't guaranteed what with time being all screwy out there.)

Dirk's weird splinter self tried to leave and just bounced off the border of the bubble. I assume that regular dreamers and ghosts would be bound by the same rule (people who are physically present in the Furthest Ring can move in and out freely, of course.)

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Suaimhneas posted:

Not sure, but I remember Aradia was particularly surprised when half-dead Sollux was able to leave the bubble. Does leaving the bubble mean that you can come back to life or something? Oh god, this is going to be like a new Death's door isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh hey! That head. I remember that. Good times, good stabbings.