Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Mr. Wiggles posted:

So by the way if proposing in a restaurant is generally out, what might be some other good ideas?

My annulment came through.

At the zoo, but then again I think the zoo is like the best place in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

So by the way if proposing in a restaurant is generally out, what might be some other good ideas?
Costco run!

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
It depends on the proposee. Personally I would love the big set up with all the nice things but that's because nobody has ever done anything like that for me. Hell, I've never even had a boyfriend give me flowers or anything thoughtful so take that for what you will.

I honestly think that what you say when you do it will mean more than where you are.

Joke answer: Do it over the positive pregnancy test.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Yeah, I think your best bet would be to do so when all the kids are at grandparents's house, the fire is on in the fireplace, you've got a stack of crap movies that you both enjoy, a giant bowl of popcorn & other finger foods, some really nice vinho verde or beer or whatever you like to drink (even if it's piping hot cups of spiced assam tea or something), and a few hours to ... celebrate after the fact. NOT THAT I SUGGEST YOU HAVE SEX AFTER PROPOSING. But if you do, you want to kind of keep the food and drink light enough that you've both got the stamina to have a go if you want to.

Honestly, the stuff you say when you ask really does matter.

Mind you, I'm an inveterate home-body. If you suggest that we go out for a fancy dinner, I'll look at you funny, and agree, but really prefer it when you make the effort of setting up a nice atmosphere at home for us both to enjoy. Because it shows me that you're capable of bringing romance into our everyday life, should you want to. That's kind of awesome.

Hell, Wiggles. You live on some pretty primo land. If it's not too cold out when you do ask, maybe you two could have like a late night picnic, with lots of candles and finger food, and a bit of wine, and just let the stars and the rest of nature be witness to your love. Seems like the sort of thing you'd be really good at doing. Hell, you could even go so far as to plan a swanky camping trip, where you take the tents and the rest, but get satin sheets for the bedding inside the tent, and like, bring the good china and glassware to use for meals, and like have food that stays good without fridges and the like.

Either way! I think that the best proposal is where both of you have the space to really build a mood, and have some quiet time together to really talk things through once you get the official yes. I'm assuming that you're both already on the same page, and that you're fairly certain she'll say yes. IF not, then the whole "Are you looking for marriage and the rest" might be a good talk to have at some point.

I know you can do this Wiggles! :)

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

dino. posted:

Yeah, I think your best bet would be to do so when all the kids are at grandparents's house, the fire is on in the fireplace, you've got a stack of crap movies that you both enjoy, a giant bowl of popcorn & other finger foods, some really nice vinho verde or beer or whatever you like to drink (even if it's piping hot cups of spiced assam tea or something), and a few hours to ... celebrate after the fact. NOT THAT I SUGGEST YOU HAVE SEX AFTER PROPOSING. But if you do, you want to kind of keep the food and drink light enough that you've both got the stamina to have a go if you want to.

Honestly, the stuff you say when you ask really does matter.

Mind you, I'm an inveterate home-body. If you suggest that we go out for a fancy dinner, I'll look at you funny, and agree, but really prefer it when you make the effort of setting up a nice atmosphere at home for us both to enjoy. Because it shows me that you're capable of bringing romance into our everyday life, should you want to. That's kind of awesome.

Hell, Wiggles. You live on some pretty primo land. If it's not too cold out when you do ask, maybe you two could have like a late night picnic, with lots of candles and finger food, and a bit of wine, and just let the stars and the rest of nature be witness to your love. Seems like the sort of thing you'd be really good at doing. Hell, you could even go so far as to plan a swanky camping trip, where you take the tents and the rest, but get satin sheets for the bedding inside the tent, and like, bring the good china and glassware to use for meals, and like have food that stays good without fridges and the like.

Either way! I think that the best proposal is where both of you have the space to really build a mood, and have some quiet time together to really talk things through once you get the official yes. I'm assuming that you're both already on the same page, and that you're fairly certain she'll say yes. IF not, then the whole "Are you looking for marriage and the rest" might be a good talk to have at some point.

I know you can do this Wiggles! :)

:allears: Are you in the market for another spouse?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Walk Away and dino have good advices and they have been noted.

Probably be in a couple of weeks time. I'll update.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Walk Away and dino have good advices and they have been noted.

Probably be in a couple of weeks time. I'll update.

woah you're serious

let's just both go to alinea and do it at the exact same time to the second and then run across the restaurant and highfive midair chest bump afterwards :clint:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If you do that, which you should, you must film it.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
And in the final scene the camera pulls back and it turns out mindphlux just married Wiggles.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

SubG posted:

And in the final scene the camera pulls back and it turns out mindphlux just married Wiggles.

:fap:

Do go on.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Pester posted:

:allears: Are you in the market for another spouse?

Heh. I have a soft spot for engagements and weddings and all the rest. Something about two people finding love, and then using it is as an excuse to get all their friends and family together to celebrate it with obscene amounts of food just does my heart right. Hell, I even love it when people who date invite their friends over for anniversary parties. Those can be lots of fun too.

Congratulations, wiggles. :)

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

SubG posted:

A Ke$ha concert.

Holy poo poo! Quick on the draw and you go right for the tender bits!

I think I love you, now more than ever.

Good luck Wiggles. Hope all of you are happy in your apocalypse resistant sustainable Costco free world.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

SubG posted:

Awww, I didn't see that Wiggles is gonna do a very neat thing. Go get 'em, Wiggles. :3:

I retract my Costco run post. That's for the honeymoon.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CuddleChunks posted:

Awww, I didn't see that Wiggles is gonna do a very neat thing. Go get 'em, Wiggles. :3:

I retract my Costco run post. That's for the honeymoon.

Nah, it's where you get the food for the reception. Classier than McDonald's for all.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Ok.. I have a source for whale, what should I do with it?

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Airmail it to me

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Happy Hat posted:

Ok.. I have a source for whale, what should I do with it?

Sing to it.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Mr. Wiggles posted:

what might be some other good ideas?

Picnic in the park worked for me. Also I used taking self-picture of the two of us on timer as cover for getting on one knee next to her. Unfortunately due to nervous I hosed up the timer/picture part - I wanted to catch it on film which would have been a coup.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I just asked my special ladyfriend as we took a moonlit stroll along a country lane when visiting her parent's country cottage. We might have both been a bit stoned. I was going to ask her when we were out in the countryside on a lovely walk, but friends were going to be joining us.

I did not get her an engagement ring and to this day she doesn't have one, which I like. She has also swapped her wedding band for a very cool vintage silver Danish one.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Serenade it - check!

Then what?

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Then get down on one knee and gently caress it.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
So this insanely good restaurant opened up downtown. I've been twice in one week.

Only complaint? Even though they have a wait staff, they take all orders at the register before dining and the proles who work in the law/doctor offices down town take 20 minutes of their time at the register asking questions about the menu.

Don't got 20 minutes to waste on no fool who won't read the drat menu that's in front of them.

"So what is and what's in the Cubana?"

Well I dunno, rear end in a top hat, let's take a look at the menu in your loving hand!

"A pressed sandwich with ham, pork, Manchego cheese, mustard, pickles and drizzled with Cilantro-roasted garlic mojo"

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I ate at In-N-Out for the first time tonight (I'm in Oakland on business). For a fast food joint, that's a drat tasty burger.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

esperantinc posted:

I ate at In-N-Out for the first time tonight (I'm in Oakland on business). For a fast food joint, that's a drat tasty burger.
Try ordering it medium-rare :hellyeah:

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Get your fries or burger "Animal style."

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ask for the analingus special, they'll know what you mean (it's on the secret menu).

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Ask for the analingus special, they'll know what you mean (it's on the secret menu).
You can also get that done animal style.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
Ask for the McGangbang.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Ask for the double dutch oven, Cleveland style.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Happy Hat posted:

Serenade it - check!

Then what?

It's Ocean Steak. Be imaginative! I bought a big (400g) steak for the three of me, GF and her mom and seared it over high heat until medium minus, rested it and carved and piled the sliced meat on top of romano salad and ruccola with berry capers, tomato, sliced gherkins and red onion tossed with a nice vinaigrette. Ecco, carne tagliata. That poo poo is goooood. Makes a little meat go a very long way without anyone feeling like they're missing a big steak.

e: I bought it so Mama could brag about eating something genuinely Norwegian when she came back home. Watching her face go from bewilderment into slight horror before her inner Chinese took over and exhibited eager gastronomical interest when I said it was "jing yu" was priceless.

Force de Fappe fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 27, 2012

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Fifteen minutes later, somewhere in the tall skies over Mongolia, I emerged from the lavatory with the girl in now fresh clothes and the stern look of the weary executioner on my face, something which seemed to amuse the GF. "The next time you use diapers that are too big, you're gonna pay in Anal Dollars", I whispered to her, without knowing if I was joking or not.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I just took apart the central heating control receiver (the box which turns the boiler on and off and which is controlled by a wireless thermostat), removed the capacitor, and soldered a new one on, and it now works. I am inordinately proud of myself. A new box would have been about £60 plus about same again for a heating engineer. I am not especially technical so this is especially satisfying.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Sjurygg posted:

Fifteen minutes later, somewhere in the tall skies over Mongolia, I emerged from the lavatory with the girl in now fresh clothes and the stern look of the weary executioner on my face, something which seemed to amuse the GF. "The next time you use diapers that are too big, you're gonna pay in Anal Dollars", I whispered to her, without knowing if I was joking or not.
I hope and pray fervently that you're talking about an actual baby, and not some kind of Adult Baby thing.

Happy Abobo
Jun 21, 2007

Looks tastier, anyway.
Apparently, there's been a rash of thefts from the office fridge where I work. It's gotten to the point where management sent out an office-wide email suggesting that we label our stuff to prevent confusion. I came in this morning and found this in the fridge:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Re-label everything.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Eat it and then add a postit that says `stolen'.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Happy Abobo posted:

Apparently, there's been a rash of thefts from the office fridge where I work. It's gotten to the point where management sent out an office-wide email suggesting that we label our stuff to prevent confusion. I came in this morning and found this in the fridge:

Well that thief certainly won't be confused about what he's stealing anymore.

I want to hear some stories of people spiking their food with gross poo poo (habanero sauce, laxative, etc) knowing that someone was going to steal it.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

What's gross about habanero sauce? :colbert:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Oh I'm sorry I meant to say nasty rear end

edit: Ahh, who am I kidding. Why did my tastebuds have to be insensitive to everything except spicy? :(

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
Me and a friend tried to give laxative brownies to another friend but he knew that we were bitches and wouldn't eat them. So there's always that. I did manage to get him to look in my trunk and pummeled his face with an entire cake once, though. That was amazing.