Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

AltronHGX posted:

Pichers. I sent you some pichers from the comedy club last night, Joe.

Pichers of my butthoe....l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

toggle posted:

Anyone else find Sam Tripoli a complete fuckwit?

C'mon, he's "PHENOMENAL".

Best guy in the "whole entire wrold".

It's tough to even "wrap your head around it".

Dip Facial fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 27, 2012

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
i always find it hilarious when he says 'owed' instead of 'old'. I wonder what a clinician would diagnose him as..... or is he just plain dumb?

And gently caress Tripoli,i cant remember the last time that guy made me laugh

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dip Facial posted:

It's tough to even "wrap your head around it".

Oh god, thank Christ I'm not the only one who picks up on this from Joe.

Pretty sure he says that at least two times per podcast.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

TwistedNails posted:

brian redban ‏@redban
You heard right guys! @kpereira is joining the #DEATHSQUAD family! - DETAILS SOON!

gently caress YEAHHH!

Pointless Audio prank calls to laundromats and IRC users' moms, hooray! :v:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I love it when girls call me the N-word in bed

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
I have to admit I actually laughed with Redban for once when he hosed about with the sound effects on the commercial and did the farting noise and pissed off Joe. Mostly he's still retarded though.

Duncan somehow got Graham Hancock to do his podcast via Skype. If it's in any way comparable to the JRE episode from a year ago, should be worth a listen.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
The DTFH with Graham Hancock is great. At one point, Hancock talks about when he writes his books he gets so much criticism from the 'mainstream' academic community that he has switched to writing fiction.

I was really hoping that Hancock had some news about doing mushrooms with Richard Dawkins.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Duncan's Graham Hancock episode was great. That guy sure can talk. I cracked up a couple times at Duncan just not being able to get a word in.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Dip Facial posted:

Duncan's Graham Hancock episode was great. That guy sure can talk. I cracked up a couple times at Duncan just not being able to get a word in.

Probably for the best, because Duncan's skype connection thingy was echoing like crazy for at least half of the show

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I've always enjoyed Duncan on JRE and understood that he knew what he was talking about, and I just started listening to DTFH so I don't know if this is one of his traits, but the way he handled that conversation with Graham was impressive. I've only heard of Graham on JRE and I know there was controversy with the things that he had said, but I get the feeling he is very well educated on the topics which he extensively talks about whether they are right or wrong, and Duncan's ability to converse with Graham on that level surprised me a little. There wasn't a period of time in the episode where I thought Duncan felt uncomfortable with his knowledge compared to Graham's, and now I realize I need to plow through every DTFH episode.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Duncan has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the books and concepts he reads about, and his ability to take complex ideas and boil them down to the basic concepts and deeper meanings is amazing.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
The last DTFH with Rogan was great too, Rogan loving squashed Duncan's simulation theory that he's been on for the last 6 episodes or so with a rant that ended with "... the ocean is an illusion, you can not drown - you don't exist".

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Vote Gary Johnson

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
oh did ron paul change his name?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I like that Joe lives in a part of the country that's clearly going to be going to the Dems in the upcoming election, so that I can laugh at his silly political opinions instead of cower in fear that people like him may actually have a chance of being lawmakers.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
You don't want legislation that mandates kettle bell exercises for every citizen at 6:30 am, a budget that transfers all the funds from NASA (moon landing was a hoax dude) to SETI, and sports tv replaced by Wild Kingdom?

Get the gently caress out of America bro.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Some people are just too dumb and need religion to keep them on the straight and narrow. Give stupid people their religion.

Since this thread's a catchall for the Rogan Circle, did anyone listen to the new Kevin Pereira Pointless podcast? Thought it was pretty awesome myself and will be interested to see if he can keep it up when the freshness wears off.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
ahahaha it's sweet that his new internet radio show is named the same thing as the internet radio show he did when he was in highschool

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8A93DE03C63A8471

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Helical Nightmares posted:

You don't want legislation that mandates kettle bell exercises for every citizen at 6:30 am, a budget that transfers all the funds from NASA (moon landing was a hoax dude) to SETI, and sports tv replaced by Wild Kingdom?

That's just something a silly person says.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

ahahaha it's sweet that his new internet radio show is named the same thing as the internet radio show he did when he was in highschool

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8A93DE03C63A8471

WAIT

kevin p. is captain immy?

w
t
f

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

bigperm posted:

That's just something a silly person says.

I would be okay with if not in favor of all those things.

Although I'd require an amendment offering exceptions from the kettle bell workout with proof of enrollment in a jiu-jitsu academy with attendance exceeding 2x per week.

Also, we'd need a way to gamble on wild kingdom.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Helical Nightmares posted:

What about strengthening our diplomatic ties with killer whales?

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
White cunts are going to make us bomb Iran, gently caress. Old people need to die, quickly.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
According to Mittens, next up for bombing is Syria if he has his way.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
joe needs to stop saying "reward system" it's driving me nuts.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

wolfbiker posted:

joe needs to stop saying "reward system" it's driving me nuts.
If you're getting upset over two words being said then it is time for a break. I will never understand people getting legit angry at a host of a show or podcast over wording they use.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Complaining about semantic minutia is triggering wolfbikers reward system.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

TwistedNails posted:

If you're getting upset over two words being said then it is time for a break. I will never understand people getting legit angry at a host of a show or podcast over wording they use.

You saw that post as "legit angry"? Think you need a break from this thread.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Alex Grey sounds fried and used the word "infinitude" within 2 minutes of his introduction.

I have a feeling this one is going to be a great podcast in a :psyduck: kind of way

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
It was pretty much :psyduck: throughout the entire thing, and basically anything that Grey dude said about ancient greek philosophers and their use of psychedelics is highly unsubstantiated, and not helped by the fact that he doesn't seem to know the difference between Socrates and Plato, which makes me skeptical to pretty much any other historical fact the dude presented from that point on.

Not much different than most JRE guests in that regard, I suppose!

I studied philosophy, and I really wanted to discover that the greek gang was hosed up on mushrooms or something pretty much all of the time, but there's really nothing out there to back that up.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 12, 2012

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Is there anywhere that covers what exactly the different Deathsquad.tv podcasts are? I downloaded the 'Muff Said' one not knowing it was about comic books(?) or something.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
The Bulletproof Exec diet guy iswas an aspie, go figure. His book is free for Amazon Prime people though. It's all certainly interesting. The $10k IQ booster is something I must find out about.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Pocket Billiards posted:

Is there anywhere that covers what exactly the different Deathsquad.tv podcasts are? I downloaded the 'Muff Said' one not knowing it was about comic books(?) or something.

Last time I checked(6 months ago) the deathsquad website was a complete mess and hard to navigate. It's poo poo.

In related news, It seems that the best show on the whole network(The Bone Zone) has left the network. Maybe another falling out with Redban? I recommend everyone check it past episodes as it's far beyond JRE in terms of quality and humor. I just got done listening to one of the latest episodes and haven't laughed so hard at a podcast in months.

Although I will say I have no idea how Redban leaving will effect the technical quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxgZOSUavFs&feature=plcp

Edit: Looks like Redban and Brendon Walsh had a falling out and that's why BZ left Redbans network.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 18, 2012

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Chromatic posted:

Edit: Looks like Redban and Brendon Walsh had a falling out and that's why BZ left Redbans network.

I wonder how many it's going to take before Redban realizes there's a better way to organize his network.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Bubba Smith posted:

I wonder how many it's going to take before Redban realizes there's a better way to organize his network.

It seems to be a fallout of Duncan proportions. Redban said during a thread about it that the other guys of the Bone Zone are welcome at the Ice House, but not Brandon. Uh oh.

From reading the Rogan's message board, a chunk of seems to stem from Brandon's comments here. Listen for about 2-3 minutes or so. I gotta admit that was mean-spirited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGiAW40N8u4&feature=player_embedded#t=4380s

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chromatic posted:

It seems to be a fallout of Duncan proportions. Redban said during a thread about it that the other guys of the Bone Zone are welcome at the Ice House, but not Brandon. Uh oh.

From reading the Rogan's message board, a chunk of seems to stem from Brandon's comments here. Listen for about 2-3 minutes or so. I gotta admit that was mean-spirited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGiAW40N8u4&feature=player_embedded#t=4380s

I haven't caught any of the Bone Zone but from what I've seen of him on Rogan's podcast, the Icehouse Chronicles, and the episode he did on Ari's podcast that just seems like the way he jokes around with his friends.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I doubt they left Deathsquad.

I just saw Brendon and Randy last Friday (for Brendon's CD taping, it loving owned) and had a second to talk to Brendon at the bar. He was super cool and very accommodating to everyone who came that listened to his podcast. He also said he can hardly believe sometimes how many downloads it gets with how absurd it is.

It wouldn't surprise me if I'm wrong, but he was doing schtick to me and two other people in the five minutes I was around him.

Hmm... I just looked at the Deathsquad.tv site and Brendon isn't going to be on that mini tour anymore. I guess Chromatic might be onto something.

But yes, the Bone Zone is easily the funniest podcast I listen to and if you're not giving it a shot you're making a mistake!

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 18, 2012

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
45 minutes into the Victor Conte one and it's loving fascinating. I never knew he played bass with Tower of Power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STOP WHINING
Mar 28, 2012

You're a fucking choir boy compared to me!
A CHOIR BOY!

bango skank posted:

I haven't caught any of the Bone Zone but from what I've seen of him on Rogan's podcast, the Icehouse Chronicles, and the episode he did on Ari's podcast that just seems like the way he jokes around with his friends.

This is from the podcast where Brendon was drunk and Doug got angry, he's definitely not joking in this case.

http://youtu.be/l9rzKaHkN4Y?t=2h39m54s

I guess it is mean but you can tell by everyone's reaction that it's true and Brian is living some kind of open mic fantasy camp.