Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Daius posted:

What if they're lovely SBAHJ stickers? That way they won't be lovely stickers at all.

The images on the sticker sheet and the sticker shapes will have nothing to do with eachother, you'll try to peel off a sticker of geromy and it will just come off as some abstract shape with part of a geromy hand on it.

Some sticker sheets will just be a solid block of paper and you will be unable to peel anything off. Others will dissolve into thousands of tiny jpg artifact stickers as soon as you touch it.

The whole thing will have a nasty wretched subway stonk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Rooreelooo posted:

The images on the sticker sheet and the sticker shapes will have nothing to do with eachother, you'll try to peel off a sticker of geromy and it will just come off as some abstract shape with part of a geromy hand on it.

Some sticker sheets will just be a solid block of paper and you will be unable to peel anything off. Others will dissolve into thousands of tiny jpg artifact stickers as soon as you touch it.

The whole thing will have a nasty wretched subway stonk.

Some people simply receive a box containing some tape, some toilet paper, and 4 crayons.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Ariong posted:

Some people simply receive a box containing some tape, some toilet paper, and 4 crayons.

And half the crayons will have melted in transit anyway.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The crayon labeled "blapck" quite clearly being green. "Organge" is gray. "Weed Dreams Green" is salmon.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Seoinin posted:

The crayon labeled "blapck" quite clearly being green. "Organge" is gray. "Weed Dreams Green" is salmon.

The fourth crayon is just a lump of light blue wax carved out of a scented candle.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Just give me an entire sheet of transparent sticker paper with jpeg artifacts on it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The stickers will have the glue on the wrong way, forcing you to turn them flipways to stick them on things.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

And it all comes with the SBAHJ version of the game.

It's just a giant JPEG of all the comics (except none of them are anything like their online counterparts) renamed "advenjure_gam.exe". And that's the Mac version.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"It has SOUNBS and GRAPHIC. A+/10" - gamebro magagine

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Technique posted:

The stickers will have the glue on the wrong way, forcing you to turn them flipways to stick them on things.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who said anything about glue? The stickers come stapled to various old scraps of paper, such as pizza service flyers from the mid-90s and strangers' medical records which you are now in trouble for obtaining without their consent. You have to supply your own glue.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Honestly, Hussie could easily make another million if an offline program/itunes/android/etc app for the Homestuck archives became available.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I've actually been sort of surprised at the lack of a SBaHJ tier pack. Then again, Hussie may have wanted to avoid strange amounts of money being involved, up to and including kickstarter sending the backers cash at random.

That said, I'm pretty down because the deadline is almost here, and with my car repair bills I definitely won't have enough cash for the Gamebro tier. :smith: It has me down since I wanted one of those shirts but missed my chance to get one before they were retired before.

Bell_ posted:

Honestly, Hussie could easily make another million if an offline program/itunes/android/etc app for the Homestuck archives became available.

I forgot all about that, but I definitely was hoping something like this would be available someday. It's hard to get people with unreliable internet into Homestuck. But given how much effort Hussie's been putting into the Homestuck side projects like the books and now a game, I'm sure something like that has been in the back of his mind for when there's time to work on it. I figure maybe somebody will get set on that around the time the comic wraps up in one big bow.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bell_ posted:

I would love something like this but for Homestuck. It could look like a large captchalogue card.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Midnight Raider posted:

That said, I'm pretty down because the deadline is almost here, and with my car repair bills I definitely won't have enough cash for the Gamebro tier. :smith: It has me down since I wanted one of those shirts but missed my chance to get one before they were retired before.

There'll be an extension:

Hussie's tumblr posted:

Also, once the Kickstarter is over, we’re going to put up a Paypal pledging option for the project. A lot of people seem to only be able to use Paypal to pledge, which Kickstarter doesn’t allow. So for a brief window after, one or two weeks, you’ll be able to pledge via Paypal for the same reward tiers at the same prices. The window will be fairly short so that we can compile all the orders and ship the rewards out in a timely fashion. We’re expecting a good number of people may want things to ship in time for the holiday season. If you’re in the U.S. or Canada, it’s very likely this will be the case.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Bell_ posted:

You could make an iPad app with the existing Flashes. I did a proof of concept two years ago with just the first Flash thing from the Homestuck beta and I was definitely able to get it translated to SVG + JavaScript and running on the iPad Simulator without any issue. (I was never able to demo it to Hussie, but I didn't really try particularly hard to get a hold of him either) The challenge was actually dumping the Flash to SVG, and I didn't completely solve that problem by a long shot, but I'm not the only person to have done that, so it's definitely possible.

EDIT: Oh, and I fixed it so that the GIFs actually weren't lovely like they normally are in Safari and had the proper delay :v:

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 28, 2012

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Midnight Raider posted:

I'm going to be getting a tier that includes the Bropak, but I'd honestly be okay with not having the Gamebro shirt. If you end up not getting your own Bropak either through the initial Kickstarter or the PayPal extension feel free to send me an email (javajesus at gmail dot com) and I'll be happy to send you the shirt. :)

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Bongo Bill posted:

The volume 10 album is supposed to be heavily cherub-inspired. In particular, it will include the full version of "Eternity's Shylock," the song from Caliborn: Enter.

Where did you hear this? When's it coming out? :allears:

e: If hussie wants to maximize last-day donations, the new reward tier for hitting 2mil should be some kind of "JUNIOR SNOUTPAK" which includes only the scalemate for like 105$ or something.

President Ark fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 29, 2012

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

President Ark posted:

e: If hussie wants to maximize last-day donations, the new reward tier for hitting 2mil should be some kind of "JUNIOR SNOUTPAK" which includes only the scalemate for like 105$ or something.

You have any idea how fast that would make the higher Snoutpak tiers drop down?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Bongo Bill posted:

The volume 10 album is supposed to be heavily cherub-inspired. In particular, it will include the full version of "Eternity's Shylock," the song from Caliborn: Enter.
Why are we talking about Album 10 when the 3rd Album from Album Month still hasn't come out?

Seriously where is that thing?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

President Ark posted:

DaveKap posted:

Why are we talking about Album 10 when the 3rd Album from Album Month still hasn't come out?

Read about it on Malcom Brown's Tumblr, where he writes:

Malcom Brown posted:

When is it available?

Good question! I suspect you’ll be waiting for Volume 10 to show up, which’ll materialize after the solo albums and once we’ve got enough Cherubim goodness for you.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

President Ark posted:

It's a new perk that everyone above a certain point gets, not a whole new tier. They've already revealed all of those.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
You know I really like something about the caliborn thing. I always assumed Lord English had his time powers and poo poo from the get go, like an entity that always was all powerful. It's actually some dude who cleverly used SBURB to give himself power.
All the possible insanity regarding cherubs notwithstanding.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

DaveKap posted:

Rosetti held it back so as to not compete with the Kickstarter.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ArfJason posted:

You know I really like something about the caliborn thing. I always assumed Lord English had his time powers and poo poo from the get go, like an entity that always was all powerful. It's actually some dude who cleverly used SBURB to give himself power.

Caliborn: Enter also did a really good job of establishing him as a physical threat beyond "literally cannot die or else the universe will end." Even discounting the fact that he lasered so hard he killed dead people and broke space, he looked as though his power was actually shaking his body apart.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Factory Factory posted:

You have any idea how fast that would make the higher Snoutpak tiers drop down?

New perk: Snoutpaks in the 405 dollar and up tiers now include both plushies.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Caliborn: Enter also did a really good job of establishing him as a physical threat beyond "literally cannot die or else the universe will end." Even discounting the fact that he lasered so hard he killed dead people and broke space, he looked as though his power was actually shaking his body apart.

Snowman, not Lord English, was the one whose death causes (caused, really) the end of the universe. Lord English doesn't give a poo poo about universes. He have her that property but didn't have it himself.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

jonjonaug posted:

New perk: Snoutpaks in the 405 dollar and up tiers now include both plushies.

Junior snoutpack is only 1; add a third scalemate, 405$ tier has two and the 1,000$ tier has all 3.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Just reread a couple of pages due to boredom and got to Caliborn: Enter, and have a question.
So we know Caliborn makes his kernel absorb everything, including him, and the red sun next to his home (Which creates the shape Calliope had horrible visions of), which somehow makes a black hole, and also somehow gives him the power to be LE. What I don't understand is what was going on with the kernel sprite? He just sits there and lets it go insane or poo poo. Why does that happen? Has it been explained, hinted at, or is it something to be revealed?

Edit: Wow, Caliborn enter is JUST before the first meenah walkaround. It feels like years.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Nothing has been explained yet, but the most likely theories point to both calilope and caliborn's sprite being in the cruxtruder, and then both trying to prototype themeselves, causing a "crash".

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ArfJason posted:

Just reread a couple of pages due to boredom and got to Caliborn: Enter, and have a question.
So we know Caliborn makes his kernel absorb everything, including him, and the red sun next to his home (Which creates the shape Calliope had horrible visions of), which somehow makes a black hole, and also somehow gives him the power to be LE. What I don't understand is what was going on with the kernel sprite? He just sits there and lets it go insane or poo poo. Why does that happen? Has it been explained, hinted at, or is it something to be revealed?

No explanations yet, but I think one of the prevailing theories is that it was two kernelsprites (because there were technically two players) trying to prototype each other: each tries to absorb the other, but they can't, so they just wind up creating an ever-growing vacuum. Instant black hole.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is Caliborn's dreamself is currently accounted for? I think this is something worth possible concern.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

ArfJason posted:

This is actually what I don't like about Caliborn, or at least don't understand, or something. I don't really get how he could've gone from being a player subject to the fate his game wrote for him to being a force greater than the game itself and able to overwrite it. Surely the game could've prevented him from gaining that power by designating him gaining it to not be part of the alpha timeline? He shouldn't be able to subvert it any more than the A1 trolls were able to get around having to scratch their session so that the ectobiology that created them could take place in the post-scratch session.

The best explanation I can come up with is that the game let him gain the power on purpose to achieve a larger meta-level goal, like he's the trash collector of the universe or his existence is necessary to prompt our heroes to complete some great task or goal as part of defeating him.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dolash posted:

This is actually what I don't like about Caliborn, or at least don't understand, or something. I don't really get how he could've gone from being a player subject to the fate his game wrote for him

There's no reason to believe that the game is what writes players fates, rather than being subject to the dictates of timeline causality like everything else.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

YggiDee posted:

Is Caliborn's dreamself is currently accounted for? I think this is something worth possible concern.

It is implied that Caliborn went Godtier somewhere between being an angry weird rear end in a top hat and being Lord English so that means he either went Godtier the normal way, dying on his quest bed, Dreamself takes over with power boost, or the other way, regular self dying, dreamself being bathed in the flames of the Green Sun.

Which raises a really weird question, why does the Green Sun have Godtier giving powers? It does not seem like a SBURB construct, and has almost nothing to do with Skaia in all of its glowing glory.

We will probably never figure out exactly what Caliborn did to his game session to turn himself into the necessary destructor of universes and turn his signature Green Sun into something that rivals Skaia as a whole.

As a side note, I recently realized something.

A1 turns into A2, creates B1, turns into B2, creates (hypothetical) C1. The A's are destroyed/eaten by Lord English, the B's are destroyed by Jack's Red Miles.

Universe C will create an Incipisphere, but not create a new universe.

Universe C will be de-populated by the Reckoning, leaving a "dead" universe. This will be the universe Calliope and Caliborn are from. It will probably be destroyed by the Kernelsprite generated black hole.

Lord English began his existence at the very end point of all of existence, and propagates backwards through time, destroying everything everywhere. Backwards.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Yeah sounds a bit like you are attributing too much intent and will to something which may be a completely nintelligent thing.

On the other hand, Lord English's existence could be serving a as yet incomplete plan. Sburb could be playing the long-con

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

life_source posted:

Which raises a really weird question, why does the Green Sun have Godtier giving powers? It does not seem like a SBURB construct, and has almost nothing to do with Skaia in all of its glowing glory.

The "other way" has three components that have been consistent the three times we saw it work: (1) Dreamself dies (2) on the quest slab in the moon of their dreamplanet (3) via green sun energy. Huss has mentioned that it is at this point deliberately vague which of these are actual requirements.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

You know what I just realized?

The point of the battle on the Battlefield of Skaia in SBURB (ignoring the Reckoning, the Genesis Frog, and all the other aspects of the game) is that Derse beats Prospit, the White King dies. It is up to the players to kill the Black King, thus basically securing a Prospit victory.

Since there's only one player currently left able to play right now in Calliope/Caliborn's game, and he's a Derse dreamer, and given everything else wacked up about their game we've seen so far...what if the objective is reversed?

Prospit beats Derse, the Black King dies. Caliborn kills the White King, Derse wins.

Of course, that leaves the matter of the Reckoning and everything else, but I think it's safe to say that their game is already way different than a standard game, even considering the A2/B1/B2 games (and I guess A1 too, probably).

QVC Drinking Game
Jun 23, 2005
Since we're talking about Caliborn: Enter, can someone tell me what color the sprite is at the end? I'm red-green colorblind and I suspect that is going to be a continuing problem with any further Cherub shenanigans.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was alternating green and red, probably representing the two different kernelsprites trying to absorb each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Jorenko posted:

The "other way" has three components that have been consistent the three times we saw it work: (1) Dreamself dies (2) on the quest slab in the moon of their dreamplanet (3) via green sun energy. Huss has mentioned that it is at this point deliberately vague which of these are actual requirements.

Aradia's quest slab and corpse where in the crypts of Derse proper, not the moon like Dave and Rose. That is probably where Jake's dream corpse was carted.

I do agree that it is all super vague. That is what is cool about it. Maybe one of us will put all the little weird hints together and suddenly Jake and Roxy are from the future and Aradia was dead all along! Wow. We are all completely blown away by this stunning revelation.