Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I went to a pig roast in northern Minnesota and return with a giraffe skull. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Watched the final match of King of Trios 2012 with my little brother tonight.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's Fall!

liz
Nov 4, 2004

Stop listening to the static.
My last two days have been awesome because I've been at Deluna Fest and got to see Pearl Jam AND Foo Fighters loving rock out on a beach! Best weekend ever <3

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Today is okay but yesterday was wonderful. I got to spend around 10 hours with a guy I really, really like. We had a brief and somewhat goofy conversation that ended with us agreeing that seeing other people would be a bad idea. So I guess I now have a boyfriend. That's awesome, of course, but also pretty strange.

loving bro hug
Mar 7, 2006

I Love The Colorado Avalanche More Than I Love Landeskog's Balls In My Mouth
AND I LOVE LANDESKOG'S BALLS IN MY MOUTH A WHOLE LOT
PS Sakic > Yzerman

AltoidsAddict posted:

Colorado history stuff

Very cool! I love the approach you take by thinking of "Native American tribal relations in a purely international relations context." Its quite a disservice really to lump tribes together as much as many history books do.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Went down to Oktoberfest in Cincinnati. Met a coworker and her friends while drunk. Had a blast. Knowing another person at our small company is down for drinks and a good time is awesome. We've been working on a small group for weekly lunches/drinks.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!
I did a whole lot of tidying around the house to get ready for some drinking later in the week (where it'll get real messy again), as well as listened to a band I'd been missing out on, and got back into my pre-bed exercises after being ill for the last week.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I went to a raptor sanctuary and I got to see this thing. The owl in that video is the cutest thing I've seen in a while. He liked having the top of his head scratched for crying out loud.:3:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Tonight, I went to the bar with a couple friends of mine. Our waitress has both a ponytail and a mohawk. Later, a drunk banker tried to get me to refinance my house (I told him my landlord would be pissed).

And finally, I ran into my boss there. She said "gently caress you!" I said "gently caress you too!" and I have the best boss ever.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Had the kids over today and we watched Jurassic Park.

Went to Michael's craft and art store and found a poo poo ton of 25 cent toys and stuff for stocking stuffers.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Had a very productive day at work, asked a girl out (successfully) and get to go back to my absolutely awesome field placement as part of my program tomorrow morning.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just looked at my work schedule and saw I'm scheduled for a supervisor shift for the first time. They were having a heck of a time firing a completely incompetent co-worker (unionized) so it didn't look like I was going to get the shifts after training for them weeks ago, but now it seems I will be supervisor at least once per week to start. Yay for money (boo for responsibility).

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
Finally got a grownup (read: annual salary, benefits, the whole shebang) job.

16 months after graduating law school. :unsmith:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I cam back from vacation today to find that they tried out like five or six different guys at my job while I was gone. Even working in pairs they all took about 1-2 hours longer than I would usually take to finish my work, and still left the place a huge mess.

Everyone was happy to see me back. Apparently I'm awesome. :rock:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Finally woke up and I didnt feel like crap or wanted to cry (Yay, new hormones). Cleaned my room and it looks like an adult lives in it now. One of my old Army buddies found me with my new name on Facebook and said "He would hit it", which is his way of complimenting how I look now.

Im starting a pan of crusty sandwich rolls that Im gonna turn into Cheesy Toast to go with my Pea Soup. Im on leave until the 30th which means I can ride more and do whatever I feel like!

I get paid Friday!

Its a great day!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Went to do network maintenance in Amsterdam today - fly in for 10AM, work takes 2.5 hours, then I had until 9PM to enjoy myself.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Still glowing in the aftermath of a great weekend. Especially after the night I had Friday with a new guy I'm seeing. :3:

Also, it's finally fall, my favorite season of the year, and I'll be cooking delicious Indian food later tonight.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Only had one class today, bought Scribblenauts, and learned I can do a kip-up. Today rules.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Ubik posted:

Also, it's finally fall, my favorite season of the year, and I'll be cooking delicious Indian food later tonight.

Oh hey those two things are the same with me. Methi fish from a punjabi recipe :D That stuff's awesome. Also I am talking in real time with someone from new zealand while I am in the U.K and having the realisation of just how much of a distance that is while I have Google World up. We're basically speaking with no appreciable lag.

Fuckin' science fiction world, seriously.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I discovered my Water Pik can be used to clean dusty skulls!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

When I moved three weeks ago and turned in my cable equipment, I was told I'd have a prorated bill this month. I got the notice for the bill in my email and go to the website and see there's no charge. That must be wrong, but the billing service seems to be down. I call up the service so I can pay the bill over the phone. The guy looks it up and he says there's no outstanding charges.

Played Saints Row 2 and knocked out one of the strongholds that had been kicking my rear end.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Pick posted:

I discovered my Water Pik can be used to clean dusty skulls!

Makes a dandy bidet, too

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

I drove a street sweeper today!!!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I remembered the forums had an "Ignore" function and now I never have to read anything written by my most despised poster ever again! :dance:

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Did you know there are pumpkin pie flavoured Poptarts? Oh my god you guys.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

CrackSpider posted:

Did you know there are pumpkin pie flavoured Poptarts? Oh my god you guys.

That does it. Hypertension for me. I see where you got your username.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Contrary to my last post, I've eaten less and healthier the past couple of days and felt much better after doing so, even though it's only a small change. Work was stressfree today and tomorrow my boss and I are actually moving into an office from our temporary cubes. I'm also looking to go back to school soon and tonight realized the scope of applying and the work I need to do, which is exciting and helps me feel like my plans are more fleshed out.

Madlad
Mar 30, 2008
I was finally able to let go of my grudge against society.
I've realized that being consumed by bitterness only wears me out emotionally and slowly makes me a worse person.

Life is unfair and I can be as bitter as I want, but it won't change anything. I have to let go and move on. It took me three years to find that out.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
Madlad, that is such an excellent feeling, isn't it? This is the moment in which you have decided that you, not the world, controls your feelings and your reactions.

I've been exposing my new dog to tons of new things and experiences. Every time she finds something she likes, I can see her healing.

Instead of fearing for her life whenever she hears coyotes at night, she just burrows under the covers between me and my husband. She used to shake, terrified, for hours.

She used to take treats and stash them somewhere instead of eating them, because she never knew when she would get to eat again. (I've found out that the graying on her muzzle that makes her look so old is the result of long-term malnutrition.) Yesterday, she took a treat from someone and actually nibbled on it.

She discovered she loves going to the groomers. She doesn't actually need it because I can do all this stuff at home, but I'm trying everything and seeing what clicks. She seems to like being around a whole bunch of dogs, she likes getting bathed and shampooed, and she loves her groomer.

She had no idea what toys were for, so I bought her every conceivable kind of toy just in case she responded to something. Now she has three toys that she will pick up and sort of play with.

Now she is curled up in the paws of my pit bull, and they're both snoozing. I'm so proud of her for being so brave.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I actually had a really stressful day at work because I'm getting pretty nervous about my tonsillectomy on Monday. And my car was in the shop. It had been there overnight so I had to try and catch the train to work. I also was dreading the $600 bill I was facing for the repairs.

But then, when I went to go get my car and pay, my mechanic told me the problem was actually with a part they had installed a couple months earlier so it was covered by their parts warranty. Total cost = $0.

After that, I got a text from my on-again/off-again person and I ended up spending the whole evening hangin' with them, drinking beers and watching football. By the end of the night, I totally forgot what I had been worried about.

It's going to be a pretty amazing weekend too. I'm seeing Florence + the Machine tomorrow, Saturday I get to see my best friend who lives out of town and Sunday I have a whole day of more beer and football planned.

Madlad
Mar 30, 2008

AltoidsAddict posted:

Madlad, that is such an excellent feeling, isn't it? This is the moment in which you have decided that you, not the world, controls your feelings and your reactions.

yeah man. It feels liberating.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Halloween biscuit cutters. Hell yes.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I did not get a panicked phone call from my doctor that would pretty much indicate they think I have cancer. Instead there was silence and that's perfectly fine by me. I still have something up with me but it most likely is something not serious, just annoying, and I'm a-okay with annoying.

Most of the day was spent traveling with my boss for work. The weather here was amazing, we drove out into some forest-y areas and I sometimes forget how gorgeous this state is outside of where I live. I need a car to go explore it more. I also need a car because my boss has some ideas for new responsibilities for me that would mean more money, some travel... all good stuff. My boss has total confidence in me and when nothing but good comes from the mouth of the guy who signs your paychecks it's hard not to feel secure in your job.

And, I got to see my boyfriend, briefly -- I take what I can get during the week. I get him all to myself all Sunday, it will be very awesome. Oh and I found a really well marbled pot roast for me to make for Sunday dinner too. It's been a good day.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

We were really busy today at work, and there weren't enough people scheduled, so I was fairly stressed out all morning, but when I went get lunch on my meal I ran into one of my regulars and she paid for my sandwhich, and insisted I get a cookie too, which made me feel a lot better.

I've been working at my store for a little over a year now, and I live in the neighbourhood too, and it's starting to seem more and more like people see me as part of the community, not just the dude that makes coffee for them in the morning.

That and I'm going home for Thanksgiving on Monday, which will be the first time I've been in my hometown since christmas, so that's cool.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Went to an old forum I used to post in back in high school (account is still active as well) and gave some advice in one of the social forums to some high schoolers. Mostly about how things get better and not to worry too much. :)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I saw two good friends of mine (who I haven't seen because of school), and we got IHOP together. And my girlfriend sent me a really cute picture. :3:

Coffee And Pie has a new favorite as of 00:28 on Oct 8, 2012

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I got to see some relatives I hadn't seen in over a year because my family was celebrating my brother getting his auto mechanic degree today. My awesome Russian aunt showed me pictures of an alpaca farm she visited recently and said that the next time she and my uncle went they would take me along :3: Alpacas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

My bedroom is cold, but my duvet is warm, so I am pleasantly in-between.