Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Now I'm sure most people were very familiar with the great narrative LP of that Travis343 did for Earthbound originally but I do want to highly recommend the more informative LP that leavemywife did recently. Also he's currently doing Mother 1 for those that might want to see what Earthbound had originally evolved from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
Does anyone have the complete DocFuture Lp of bible adventures? Daily motion has some, but it seems most of the videos aren't found.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Niggurath posted:

Now I'm sure most people were very familiar with the great narrative LP of that Travis343 did for Earthbound originally but I do want to highly recommend the more informative LP that leavemywife did recently. Also he's currently doing Mother 1 for those that might want to see what Earthbound had originally evolved from.

I second this. They really do a terrific job delving into the details of Earthbound, and the thread is absolutely hilarious to read through, and gave us a lot of great original content (MAD DUCK).

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
The Klonoa LP megathread just got to Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil, aka one of the best platformers ever made. And, the dude's a great LPer. Check it out!

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

SpeedGem posted:

Does anyone have the complete DocFuture Lp of bible adventures? Daily motion has some, but it seems most of the videos aren't found.

I would put them on YouTube but since Dailymotion/Google took them down for copyright I'm sure they'd probably do the same. I'll see if I can send them to baldurk to maybe host on the archive.

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

Robotnik DDS posted:

I would put them on YouTube but since Dailymotion/Google took them down for copyright I'm sure they'd probably do the same. I'll see if I can send them to baldurk to maybe host on the archive.

Baldurk is cool so they should be rehosted on the archive via Baldurdash now. I also sent him a (slightly) cleaner and less artifacted version of Sonic 2 Special Edition than the one that was up before so that is rehosted as well.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Has anyone recommended the Dragon Quest V thread yet? Because it's pretty great. Tendales's added dialogue is spot-on, and the whole LP is charming as hell.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robotnik DDS posted:

Baldurk is cool so they should be rehosted on the archive via Baldurdash now. I also sent him a (slightly) cleaner and less artifacted version of Sonic 2 Special Edition than the one that was up before so that is rehosted as well.

This is a dream come true.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Robotnik DDS posted:

Those videos are some of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Glad you're keeping those treasures available.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I was watching those Bible game videos and thinking about the Sonic 2 Special Edition videos... no wonder, since they're from the same person. Both hurt my head to no end.

By the way, is it weird that I'm looking for a video LP of Rollercoaster Tycoon? I guess I'm boring or something, but I'd just like to watch something like that. I know I can't ask for it in the Request Thread, because I'd get booed out of the thread or something, and only screenshot threads show up in the master list.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
I'd think it'd be a little monotonous watching someone build roller coaster after roller coaster. Even with heavy editing, it isn't exactly a spectacularly entertaining game to watch.

The SSLP in the Master List listed as 'Ongoing' by Control Volume is a pretty funny read if you have archives however. Can't say much about the other ones, but I enjoyed reading it when it was still going.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

AMReese posted:

By the way, is it weird that I'm looking for a video LP of Rollercoaster Tycoon? I guess I'm boring or something, but I'd just like to watch something like that. I know I can't ask for it in the Request Thread, because I'd get booed out of the thread or something, and only screenshot threads show up in the master list.

Maybe this will suffice for now.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Thank you very much, Mega64. I appreciate you helping out.

I realize that watching it would be real dull, but I just have no mind when it comes to creation and layout of such games. I'd rather watch someone that does play it while I simply watch, and not have to scroll through screenshots when the little animations of the game are something I enjoy.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
The newest video from the Spec Ops: The Line LP should make it clear that everyone should be watching that LP. loving powerful stuff. Dunno if I can play a military shooter again after witnessing that stuff...

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
A link for those that don't want to go sifting through the forum. (It is really good, you should watch it.)

K-ParAdoX
Jul 12, 2004
...but.this.phone.is. always.off.it's.hook...

Suspicious Dish posted:

It was from a Blackbelt Bobman thread.

A thousand pages later and I'm still looking for that Metroid Prime LP, and I quoted the above post because the user name sparked a memory. Maybe this was it?

Anywho, I love Deus Ex, but I never got the chance to play Invisible War, so I went to go buy it for 3 bucks only to find out this is one of the few Xbox games that isn't compatible with 360. So I'm looking for an LP that'll show off the game well enough with a decent emphasis on story since that's what I love most about the series. Any suggestions before I spend a few hours looking through YouTube?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

K-ParAdoX posted:

A thousand pages later and I'm still looking for that Metroid Prime LP, and I quoted the above post because the user name sparked a memory. Maybe this was it?

Yep, he did one. It's at http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2750243

It looks like the videos are gone, though. Blackbelt Bobman, are you still out there?

K-ParAdoX
Jul 12, 2004

Suspicious Dish posted:

Yep, he did one. It's at http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2750243

It looks like the videos are gone, though. Blackbelt Bobman, are you still out there?

That sucks. I loved those videos. If anyones got em, and bbbm is okay with it, mind hosting?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

K-ParAdoX posted:

Anywho, I love Deus Ex, but I never got the chance to play Invisible War, so I went to go buy it for 3 bucks only to find out this is one of the few Xbox games that isn't compatible with 360. So I'm looking for an LP that'll show off the game well enough with a decent emphasis on story since that's what I love most about the series. Any suggestions before I spend a few hours looking through YouTube?
I know SourceElement started one a while ago (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483987) but I think it was abandoned fairly early on. I honestly had heard too many good things about the story in Invisible Wars though.

K-ParAdoX
Jul 12, 2004

Niggurath posted:

I know SourceElement started one a while ago (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483987) but I think it was abandoned fairly early on. I honestly had heard too many good things about the story in Invisible Wars though.

There's a bunch on YouTube. I just don't want to sit through the opening sequence on 7 different videos and hope to figure out which one sucks the least.

Found a really awesome Human Revolution one (I've beaten that game), the guys style was fantastic, but he gave up after the second episode. Check out "theauzziegamer" for a look at how LPs of games like this should be done (I'd link if it weren't a pita on mobile). Humorous, informative, he fast forwards through sections where its warranted, and the best part is he shows off almost every possible route one could take to complete objectives.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I know Hoodi (I think?) did Invisible War a while back. The videos were all on Vimeo and are gone now, however I did back them up on my Viddler account. There's gradual desync in basically all of the videos but if you want to give it a try, they're here.

Yep, it was Hoodi, the original thread (with the ending videos linked to via his Viddler) is here.

Marcade fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Oct 15, 2012

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
There was also an SSLP back in the day but all the images were on Waffleimages so now most of them are broken.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I recently watched Vicas play Super Mario 64 with his feet, which was incredibly brilliant. That LP had mentions of Dazzling Addar's LP of DK 64, which, while not as brilliant, has still been pretty funny. I enjoy their style of commentary, their humor, and the fact that they play games I knew (or in the case of DK 64 at least had passing familiarity with) as a kid.

Going from there, any recs on what I should watch next?

Luquos
Aug 9, 2009

how about we go back to my place and i conquer your world, if you know what i mean

The Lobster posted:

I recently watched Vicas play Super Mario 64 with his feet, which was incredibly brilliant. That LP had mentions of Dazzling Addar's LP of DK 64, which, while not as brilliant, has still been pretty funny. I enjoy their style of commentary, their humor, and the fact that they play games I knew (or in the case of DK 64 at least had passing familiarity with) as a kid.

Vicas' current Yoshi's Island thread is by the same crew. And if it's Vicas' commentary you like, Geop's dark souls thread.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Suspicious Dish posted:

He's doing a Kingdom Hearts BBS thread at the moment, so maybe just ask him over there.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Lobster posted:

They haven't really done anything else together. There was an abandoned Yoshi's Story LP on Dazzling Addar's YouTube account. You can also watch the Metroid Prime LPs, as those had Vicas in them somewhere. Other people mentioned Yoshi's Island.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
If you want a good Vicas fix, his Star Wars Bounty Hunter LP was really good. I think it also features the usual crew and gives you a good look at a game that could have gone so many places...

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Vicas is also (mostly drunk) in several of the Mega Man race videos.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Addar is in quite a few of the Super Meat Boy race videos too, you might enjoy those. We just did a Mario 64 race with Vicas that should be up in a couple days too, that was pretty fun.

\/ Sorry, in the Meat Boy race thread. Check out the bonus races.

thevoiceofdog fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 15, 2012

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Mario 64 race? In what thread?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Thanks for all the help, guys! Is the Mario 64 one in the Super Meat Boy thread going to contain any actual SMB? I'm not a fan of that game.

EDIT: Thank you good sir! :D

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 16, 2012

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Leavemywife posted:

If you want a good Vicas fix, his Star Wars Bounty Hunter LP was really good. I think it also features the usual crew and gives you a good look at a game that could have gone so many places...

and instead it went to tatooine :v:

That one was my first LP and you can tell Addar, Bro Ent, and I were still figuring out the whole commentary thing, but I'm still pretty alright with it.

And the Mario race is just SM64, as far as I'm aware. Note that races can be a bit more clusterfucky on the commentary since there are sometimes a lot of people, though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vicas posted:

and instead it went to tatooine :v:

That one was my first LP and you can tell Addar, Bro Ent, and I were still figuring out the whole commentary thing, but I'm still pretty alright with it.

And the Mario race is just SM64, as far as I'm aware. Note that races can be a bit more clusterfucky on the commentary since there are sometimes a lot of people, though.

I watched the Bounty Hunter one after Mario 64 and DK64 and there isn't a huge gulf in quality, and race videos are beyond clusterfuck. Especially when there are more then 3 people involved.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
Truth be told all I do in most race videos is A) Be pro as poo poo and forget there's a run button and B) make silly noises when I die. It is funny if you're into that sort of thing but it is not particularly highbrow.

Yoshi's Story is sort of in limbo at the moment but a comeback is not completely out of the question.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Dazzling Addar posted:

Truth be told all I do in most race videos is A) Be pro as poo poo and forget there's a run button and B) make silly noises when I die. It is funny if you're into that sort of thing but it is not particularly highbrow.

Yoshi's Story is sort of in limbo at the moment but a comeback is not completely out of the question.

That's too bad, I crave more yoshi's story.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15
I recommend reading Volcano Style's Sims Big Brother-LP. Come watch the Sims 3-AI gently caress around with goon avatars, accompanied by Volcano Style's amazing ability to make even the most mundane situation hilarious.

Luquos
Aug 9, 2009

how about we go back to my place and i conquer your world, if you know what i mean

Dectilon posted:

I recommend reading Volcano Style's Sims Big Brother-LP. Come watch the Sims 3-AI gently caress around with goon avatars, accompanied by Volcano Style's amazing ability to make even the most mundane situation hilarious.

And if you have archives read the other two, they're equally hilarious. The second one has pro-wrestling.

Big Brother

Blood Brother

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Luquos posted:

And if you have archives read the other two, they're equally hilarious. The second one has pro-wrestling.

Big Brother

Blood Brother

There are a lot of broken images though.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE

whitehelm posted:

There are a lot of broken images though.
Yeah, they were casualties of Waffleimages losing some of their server space before they shut down. Grateful for all they did, though. LPix has been good to me too so far. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Definitely a fan of both Sims LPs running right now, especially eating only apples's, which has recently made a comeback.

• Locked thread