Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I don't know if manga is kosher in this thread, but does anyone know anything about the Nausicaa box set to be released in November? (Amazon link here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...&pf_rd_i=507846) Specifically, what size should I be expecting? I imagine they are the small manga-sized digests given the price, but I would like to be pleasantly surprised for a larger print size. I can't find any information on dimensions or whatnot without throwing up a bunch of the older sized prints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

GrandpaPants posted:

I don't know if manga is kosher in this thread, but does anyone know anything about the Nausicaa box set to be released in November? (Amazon link here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...&pf_rd_i=507846) Specifically, what size should I be expecting? I imagine they are the small manga-sized digests given the price, but I would like to be pleasantly surprised for a larger print size. I can't find any information on dimensions or whatnot without throwing up a bunch of the older sized prints.

The original series was printed here at standard American comics size, and I'd expect the same for this, honestly.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Just got the Batman Inc deluxe, and what smartass did the book layout? A bunch of the intro pages have panels from the book, and most of them are from #8, the Internet issue that is too ugly for me to actually read. Picking awesome images out of this book is pretty simple, but no, let's use screen caps from an 80s computer game.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
To the poster who was wondering, I asked Matt Smith at 2000 AD about the US Judge Dredd Case Files publishing schedule and Volume 6 is slated for release next summer. So they're still coming out, but it seems like it's going to be a slow process. If you're hungry for Dredd, importing is the best way to go.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Why did no one tell me that a new edition of the Ultimate Metabarons hardcover was coming out in two weeks? The last printing of it was commanding obscene and ridiculous prices when I wanted to pick it up about six months ago. At least I've got a copy ordered now...

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

Random Stranger posted:

Why did no one tell me that a new edition of the Ultimate Metabarons hardcover was coming out in two weeks? The last printing of it was commanding obscene and ridiculous prices when I wanted to pick it up about six months ago. At least I've got a copy ordered now...

You know the expensive one, which is still available, is an Absolute style book, while the new edition due in a week is a standard style hardcover, right?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Glenn Danzig posted:

You know the expensive one, which is still available, is an Absolute style book, while the new edition due in a week is a standard style hardcover, right?

Actually, I didn't since Amazon has them listed with the exact same title. Also when I checked before Amazon didn't have any in stock so I thought that the $100+ price was the typical gouging that we've seen lately.

Still, I have no complaints about getting a nice 550 page hard cover with the only downside being a lack of slipcase and oversized pages.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Tato posted:

To the poster who was wondering, I asked Matt Smith at 2000 AD about the US Judge Dredd Case Files publishing schedule and Volume 6 is slated for release next summer. So they're still coming out, but it seems like it's going to be a slow process. If you're hungry for Dredd, importing is the best way to go.

Are the UK and American ones exactly the same save for the covers?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Teek posted:

Are the UK and American ones exactly the same save for the covers?

Yes they are. They even have the non matching spines.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Is Sandman on the list of Absolutes that DC keeps in print (like Watchmen)? The third volume seems to be OOP at the moment, but I didn't know if it was temporary, or if I am just hosed and need to pay like $200 if I want it. I kind of put off picking Sandman up since it seemed to be always available.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Karnegal posted:

Is Sandman on the list of Absolutes that DC keeps in print (like Watchmen)? The third volume seems to be OOP at the moment, but I didn't know if it was temporary, or if I am just hosed and need to pay like $200 if I want it. I kind of put off picking Sandman up since it seemed to be always available.

It will likely get reprinted. Vol. 2 was the last one to have the OMG RARE L@@K OOP status. Since no one here works for DC though there is no way you will get a definitive answer.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Karnegal posted:

In Stock Trades seems to have it ...

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/ABSOLUTE-SANDMAN-HC-VOL-03/MAR128124

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah, they have like 20 of them on the shelf in their store.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Thanks!

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

How is the binding on the Invisibles omnibus?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Are the new editions of collected No Man's Land doing it right, and actually collecting everything in the right order?

edit: Fuckin' DC

redbackground fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 1, 2012

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

redbackground posted:

edit: Fuckin' DC

Same thing happened with the Hitman reprints. There was ONE LEFT and they changed the god drat logo!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Brocktoon posted:

Same thing happened with the Hitman reprints. There was ONE LEFT and they changed the god drat logo!
Remember when the new logo came out and everyone went "Oh." and then they said, "No but wait, we're going to mix it up all the time by adding graphic elements and giving it personal style based on the book! Just you wait!" Oh, what times those were.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 2, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Brocktoon posted:

You think you have a problem? I have original editions on my shelf so now I have Three different logos running on there.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
God I loving love DC :D

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Walking Dead Compendium 2 is out tomorrow if anyone cares.

krut
Jun 5, 2005

ask me about oranges
Criminal Deluxe Edition Vol 2 is out as well.

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/product.php?productid=34940

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Like anyone cares about good comics man!

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

It's been a while since I've received anything that didn't fit in the Chosen Shelves aka Ikea Expedit but today I think I've hit the largest thing yet, only topped in area by Wednesday Comics, and I think it's my highest volume book yet. I present: Chris Ware's Building Stories (image stolen from amazon). Now to figure out the reading order.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Last year I bought a bunch of Acme Novelty Library books and I almost don't want to actually read them, they're so well-crafted. That thing is out of control, though.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just picked up Criminal and the Marvel Zombus. I haven't read anything "zombie" by Marvel. I'm not expecting it to be amazing or anything like that, but I'm hoping I'm in for a good ride?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

Just picked up Criminal and the Marvel Zombus. I haven't read anything "zombie" by Marvel. I'm not expecting it to be amazing or anything like that, but I'm hoping I'm in for a good ride?
#3 (with Machine Man taking lead) is by far the best one.

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

I wish I had Paul Newman's eyes
That would be nice.

Zachack posted:

It's been a while since I've received anything that didn't fit in the Chosen Shelves aka Ikea Expedit but today I think I've hit the largest thing yet, only topped in area by Wednesday Comics, and I think it's my highest volume book yet. I present: Chris Ware's Building Stories (image stolen from amazon). Now to figure out the reading order.

What's really amazing is it's so loving cheap. Shows how much Marvel and DC gouge us on the prices of trades. It would be $100+ from them, easy.

But yeah, I got a review copy of it a few months ago, and it is a fantastic book in almost every way. But if you want to get the most from it, there's some parts which are best read in the middle - it would be a tad anti-climactic to leave them to the end:
Read the two bee ones early on, the small pamphlets in the middle, and preferably the two-tone bound book last.
But that's just my opinion.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Going back and trying some series that I missed in past years. I've been trying to catch up with all the Marvel X books, and right now I've been focused on the various post-2003 New Mutants series. What a confusing mess. I went off a Listmania! Amazon list and grabbed the first two books. Turns out it skips a whole chunk of storyline though. The first TBP was New Mutants Vol 1.: Back to School and the second was New Mutants: Academy X Vol 1. Well, that first New Mutants series has another 7 issues that have apparently never been collected as a TPB.

I'm annoyed because I am a bit of a completionist. I guess I could track down the 7 individual issues, but I haven't bought an actual comic in over a decade because I love TPBs.

Anyone familiar with this series? Was there ever a TPB for those other 7 issues? Do I just need to stop crying and hunt them down individually?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Going back and trying some series that I missed in past years. I've been trying to catch up with all the Marvel X books, and right now I've been focused on the various post-2003 New Mutants series. What a confusing mess. I went off a Listmania! Amazon list and grabbed the first two books. Turns out it skips a whole chunk of storyline though. The first TBP was New Mutants Vol 1.: Back to School and the second was New Mutants: Academy X Vol 1. Well, that first New Mutants series has another 7 issues that have apparently never been collected as a TPB.

I'm annoyed because I am a bit of a completionist. I guess I could track down the 7 individual issues, but I haven't bought an actual comic in over a decade because I love TPBs.

Anyone familiar with this series? Was there ever a TPB for those other 7 issues? Do I just need to stop crying and hunt them down individually?

Never collected

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Yup, quit yer cryin' and start yer huntin'.

thecallahan
Nov 15, 2004

Since I was five Tara, all I've ever wanted was a Harley and cut.
Has there been any word if Scalped will be collected in hardcovers at all or should I just settle for the TPB's?

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

thecallahan posted:

Has there been any word if Scalped will be collected in hardcovers at all or should I just settle for the TPB's?

No word

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.
So I'm thinking of picking up the second Criminal hardcover but some people are reporting that there are some missing word balloons in the first issue of The Sinners. Is this a widespread problem? I can only find two people on twitter and another on the amazon forums talking about it which makes me think it isn't but I'd like to make sure just in case.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Adam Strange posted:

So I'm thinking of picking up the second Criminal hardcover but some people are reporting that there are some missing word balloons in the first issue of The Sinners. Is this a widespread problem? I can only find two people on twitter and another on the amazon forums talking about it which makes me think it isn't but I'd like to make sure just in case.

It's a problem with mine. Some words are literally cut in half vertically which makes it look like they somehow cut off the layer that contained the lettering. Anything below that line (about 80% of the way down the page) is just unlettered.

It's about four pages where this happens and nothing really vital gets cut off but it is annoying to see such sloppy quality control for an expensive book.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

Random Stranger posted:

It's a problem with mine. Some words are literally cut in half vertically which makes it look like they somehow cut off the layer that contained the lettering. Anything below that line (about 80% of the way down the page) is just unlettered.

It's about four pages where this happens and nothing really vital gets cut off but it is annoying to see such sloppy quality control for an expensive book.

Ughhh, thanks. I've already read these so it isn't a huge deal to not double dip but misprints are annoying as hell.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Random Stranger posted:

I just checked my book and this bums me out. What are the chances of getting a reissue and replacement? Has there been any precedent?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Probably slim. The only thing I can remember is one of the Powers hardcovers having a page printed twice and they just released a pdf of the missing page.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Looking at the book there are two pages where this happens. Page 127 where we miss one word 'Tracy' and page 131 where nothing is missing, just one line of one word balloon with a few words cut in half but you can still read it.

Unless I missed more, this is a mountain out of a molehill.

Carry on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

wildlele posted:

Looking at the book there are two pages where this happens. Page 127 where we miss one word 'Tracy' and page 131 where nothing is missing, just one line of one word balloon with a few words cut in half but you can still read it.

Unless I missed more, this is a mountain out of a molehill.

Carry on...

I am not sure where anyone is making a "mountain" about it. There are words dropped out on at least 4 pages though, 127, 128, 131 and 233. Really sucks for a $50 book to have multiple words missing.