Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

GramCracker posted:

I'm really not sure why, but I find myself incredibly attracted to that Ford...

The Ford Jetta / Passat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

dissss posted:

I don't think Ford Europe knew how to do a decent wheel at that point, my dads Fiesta ST looks like this

The problem with that model Mondeo is none of the engines it came with were much good - the fours were average and the sixes were thirsty and still not particularly powerful.

It's not really that bad in the Fiesta. I drove one (an ST, even) and it was better than it looked in pictures.

The engines in that generation Mondeo were definitely underwhelming. You basically either had to live with a 145hp 2.0 (or the 125hp 1.8), get a 2.0 or 2.2 diesel for decent passing on the highway, if you didn't throw all caution to the wind and got the hilariously gas-guzzling 170hp 2.5 V6. You could spring for the 3.0 V6 ST220, in which case your wallet would drain itself even faster than with the 2.5.

Putting the Volvo 2.5 5-cylinder turbo engine in the fourth-generation Mondeo was a masterstroke.

Greg63T
Sep 20, 2012

dissss posted:

I don't think Ford Europe knew how to do a decent wheel at that point, my dads Fiesta ST looks like this

The problem with that model Mondeo is none of the engines it came with were much good - the fours were average and the sixes were thirsty and still not particularly powerful.

reminds me of a volkswagen

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Lowclock posted:

Out of curiosity, what kind of EEPROMs were they? Serial?

Head unit has a 24C06 in the main unit, and one in the fascia.

The instrument cluster has a 95160.

I can't remember what the HVAC module has, but it's one of the two.

I have an 8-way SOP test clip and a GQ-3X which seems to program them fine.

MechanizedDeath
Aug 14, 2007

My buddy took this and some other pics for me the other night.

SRT8 Magnum

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Automotive ADD.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

metaxus posted:

Head unit has a 24C06 in the main unit, and one in the fascia.

The instrument cluster has a 95160.

I can't remember what the HVAC module has, but it's one of the two.

I have an 8-way SOP test clip and a GQ-3X which seems to program them fine.

Huh, I somehow never realized there was a 24C06, I thought they only came in powers of two (24C02, 24C04, 24C08 etc.)

blk
Dec 19, 2009
It's not every day that you see two Saabarus together - NA vs turbo (me), but same color:

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I did a thing:

That thing was parking poorly on top of one of work's parking garages.

Oh also I bought that Mazda. 2008 with 40k and it cost me 14 big boy dollars. I love my dad car. Also love the 6 speed. And the turdbo.

discstickers
Jul 29, 2004

blk posted:

It's not every day that you see two Saabarus together - NA vs turbo (me), but same color:

Not buying a 9-2X Aero when GM was firesaleing them is one of my biggest automotive regrets.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

discstickers posted:

Not buying a 9-2X Aero when GM was firesaleing them is one of my biggest automotive regrets.

Bought one brand new for $19,200, ended up selling it a year later for $22,000.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

TheFonz posted:

I did a thing:

Oh also I bought that Mazda. 2008 with 40k and it cost me 14 big boy dollars. I love my dad car. Also love the 6 speed. And the turdbo.

More Minnesota Mazda goons are always welcome :hfive:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

discstickers posted:

Mine too. I ended up getting this one for 10,750 at 57750 miles; not terrible, especially considering how much the comparable WRX is in my neck of the woods.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

discstickers posted:

I still adore mine. I've been driving a new 1.4l turbo Cruze for the last week, and it's a fun ride, but getting back into the 9-2x was eye opening. The pedals have about 1/4 the travel and 4 times the effort, but it feels alive.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Now you guys have me looking at Saabs!

Found this http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/3288866875.html

Considering picking one of these up and selling my 2001 I30 that has 50k more miles than the Saab for the same price. Good idea? I don't have any experience or knowledge of Saabs really.

Mine.

This thing needs constant attention.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 2, 2012

Agent THC-303 (DD)
Jul 14, 2002

It's my mission
94' BMW 325is (old)

91 BMW 325i convertible (sold)

current car 92 bmw 325i black on black interior 17 inch rims.

also non vanos which I think is cool.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I went out for a ride in my 96 Miata I recently bought to replace the 97 that was totaled by some jackass and decided to take a few pics.

Now that I'm moving in to a house with a garage, she'll be clay barred, polished and waxed well soon enough.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Current project car. 82 245 DL with M46. I'm the 17th owner. It's up to DD status. Rebuilt the wiring harness, fixed the overdrive, and took care of some cosmetic issues. Still need to replace the air suspension in the rear. Plan is to drop in a B23 with turbo.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Hashal posted:

Now you guys have me looking at Saabs!

I love the look of that 9-3 and think it was one of the best styled cars of the past 20 years. That said, I appreciate the quirkiness and styling of most of their cars, but I honestly don't think most SAABs are worth the hassle for what you get - if I was going to put that much time and money into a car I'd get something RWD that handles and performs a bit better. The 99 Turbos are kinda cool, though.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

discstickers posted:

Sweet jesus, just checked used prices. Seems like a good deal compared to a WRX.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

BlackMK4 posted:

Sweet jesus, just checked used prices. Seems like a good deal compared to a WRX.

Don't forget about the insurance savings either.

Exothermos
Nov 1, 2011

100k and still looking pretty presentable.

I thought that the clay bar thing was BS until I tried it:

That's from a 2 square foot section of the hood AFTER a careful hand-wash. Crazy.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

TheFonz posted:

I did a thing:

Welcome to the Torque Steer Is King club. Watch out for trees, they get crafty when a MS3 is around.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

Silly question but what is this clay brick business I keep hearing about?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sardikar posted:

Check out this thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474488

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Against AI advice I got myself a baby 8 in the form of... the (mild) E34!

'95 530i with like.. 150,000 kilometres on it and bone stock.
A little worried driving a car across three states, but it all worked out fine, and as such, I am in love. Yes, it could do to be more powerful, or more fuel efficient for the small amount of power it has, but.. it's just like the little engine that tried! :3:

sneakyedit: I want to lower the front by about 20mm. Nothing gigantic, but it just looks too high. Loving my new rims though.

fingerling fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 5, 2012

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Sardikar posted:

Black magic and voodoo combined to make a magical bit of play dough that makes your paint feel brand new.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Took some pictures today before it rained... Figured I'd post one a little better than the last one. Here's one of many.

Veegie
Jan 6, 2011
BMW E92 M3

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Had nothing to do today, so I drove aimlessly with my crappy old DSLR. For about 150 miles. Lots of time driving down county roads, many of them dirt, some only wide enough for 1 car.

Trying to polish a turd, I guess.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 7, 2012

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Are those turn signals in your bumper that you made opaque?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Here's my Avant as of 3:30 am last night

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 7, 2012

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

meatpimp posted:

Are those turn signals in your bumper that you made opaque?

Those are stock reflectors that come in amber and look terrible so most people either switch to clear (like I did) or get matching color pieces.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Chinatown posted:

Those are stock reflectors that come in amber and look terrible so most people either switch to clear (like I did) or get matching color pieces.

Balls, I noticed but never really looked at them on my dad's E90 M3, but if they are reflector-only, then that's some seriously terrible German tack-on to pass US regulations.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

GramCracker posted:

Ugh, gross, get this thing out of here.

Just playing, I can't stay mad at you, Graham. But seriously, time to clean those roof rails.

Mordred
Mar 15, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

Had nothing to do today, so I drove aimlessly with my crappy old DSLR. For about 150 miles. Lots of time driving down county roads, many of them dirt, some only wide enough for 1 car.

Trying to polish a turd, I guess.

I don't think I will ever understand why it is so god damned hard to fit the entire car in the photo.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

meatpimp posted:

Balls, I noticed but never really looked at them on my dad's E90 M3, but if they are reflector-only, then that's some seriously terrible German tack-on to pass US regulations.

Yeah, it's an EU/US thing. You can get 'E-Code' to replace your ugly amber ones with Eurospec.

In SAABLand, getting clear side blinkers with yellow lamps is common, but the E-Code swap for Xenons is such a pain that most don't do it unless they have halogens.. and half of those guys use pliers and screwdrivers to just chip the amber inlay out.

:effort:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

GramCracker posted:

Sweet baby jesus. :love: :flashfap:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Washed and waxed my MS3 for the first time in months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GramCracker posted:

That's loving gorgeous.