Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
no i'm not going to paint them because that would be nerdy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Jonnty posted:

Isn't it more "these slashdot script kiddies will very soon have to learn parallel programming so they may as well make all their mistakes now so they don't create coding horrors in ten years time?"

he's using the same kind of fearmongering and bullshit that people were flinging around when the first mainstream dual cores came out which was the same fearmongering bullshit that came out with the first batch of multicore systems ever

i'm biased though, because right at the start when he says "we hit a frequency wall, we hit a memory bottleneck, and things just stopped" and i fly into a nerd rage because what the gently caress am i doing every goddamn day except exactly those two things

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

CaptainMeatpants posted:

you got trickstartered

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

JawnV6 posted:

he's using the same kind of fearmongering and bullshit that people were flinging around when the first mainstream dual cores came out which was the same fearmongering bullshit that came out with the first batch of multicore systems ever

i'm biased though, because right at the start when he says "we hit a frequency wall, we hit a memory bottleneck, and things just stopped" and i fly into a nerd rage because what the gently caress am i doing every goddamn day except exactly those two things

but you're not making adequate progress. you really should consider crowdsourcing the wisdom of the slashdot hordes

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Kirk posted:

did you guys talk about the reaper minis kickstarter itt yet

not a miniature armed drone aircraft, no sale.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

JawnV6 posted:

lol cool nda violation:smug:

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Kirk posted:

no im telling the truth i will receive a box in march full of tiny figurines so that i can play pretend knights and dragons w/ my friends irl

my friend funded this and also some zombie board game with neon green pieces for some reason

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

ian's mommy threw $100 in towards his project. i think she knows she won't actually have to pay up though

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Inverse Icarus posted:

my friend funded this and also some zombie board game with neon green pieces for some reason

does your "friend" want to tell us anything else?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

ian's mommy threw $100 in towards his project. i think she knows she won't actually have to pay up though

i see his data feed pipes are still clogged

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Dr. Honked posted:

i see his data feed pipes are still clogged

haha, i get it

...i don't get it

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

haha, i get it

...i don't get it

it's one of his "bullet points"

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1630905008/statpedia posted:

Last I checked, the servers were blocked by traffic, and various database pulling deficiencies are also clogging the data-feed pipes.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
I walk to campus and food, that is about it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dr. Honked posted:

it's one of his "bullet points"

the tubes just need cleaned out. code a php declogger, it will optimize dataflow

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
hmm, my site doesn't respond to ping. must be a database problem

powermac
Jan 10, 2011

I GET NO SPAM
dvorakdotorgslashblog
my buddy just launched a kickstarter. haha http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/116154283/pony-tales-a-story-about-horses?ref=friends_backed

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Thanks for posting that stupid poo poo in two different threads in case anyone wanted to give money to ponies

Mods?

powermac
Jan 10, 2011

I GET NO SPAM
dvorakdotorgslashblog
did you read it? it's right up the 'pos alley

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
im illiterate I just post post post

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
is he making a doccumentary about horses without going outside?

impressive

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

powermac posted:

did you read it? it's right up the 'pos alley

wtf is this poo poo did he just come up with the dumbest loving poo poo he could think of and put "pony" on it so that bronies would give him money and then he'll run off with it or what

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Werthog posted:

wtf is this poo poo did he just come up with the dumbest loving poo poo he could think of and put "pony" on it so that bronies would give him money and then he'll run off with it or what

*taps nose with index finger*

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

we need a yospos mod challenge on this poo poo, can somebody get abe from the blackberry thread

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
i feel embarrassed reading some of that and now i miss ian :(

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1630905008/statpedia/

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

only $19,800+ more dollars to go! You can do it Ian, a lot of kickstarters get a huge amount of pledges in the last few days

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

lol nowhere to hide

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Blackula69 posted:

im illiterate I just post post post

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

lol this thing is better at tracking stats than the failed kickstarter its tracking

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

lol

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

lol this thing is better at tracking stats than the failed kickstarter its tracking

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

lol

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
sigh

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
ian it's ok bro just head over to the cat thread and look at some sweet yoscats

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

post a kickstarter update where you commit seppuku on webcam

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

you can do anything you put your mind to!

unless youre an idiot lol owned

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

ian why dont you think of another idea, this time pick one that has a clear path to being economically viable and that is relatively quick to get off the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

• Locked thread