Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Arschlochkind posted:

This is one of their main contributors.

Someone help me, because I can't get my head around Fexans. Just going to assume it's something homophobic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

HMS Beagle posted:

Someone help me, because I can't get my head around Fexans. Just going to assume it's something homophobic.

I get the dumb old "Tuck the Fexans" sort of sports :iceburn: but using Fexans devoid of that context makes it even less effective. Even if it's a normal insult used on your board or wherever, as you can see from this thread we have two pages of "what the gently caress does Fexans mean".

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Homophobia in sports is loving disgusting

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
myspace kitty has an errant black border on the bottom

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Rap posted:

He's just underlining his point. His point is that he's a cat.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Rap posted:

how dare you

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

That was my original assumption! Any update from them now that the game is over?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A glimpse into the world of whiny Patriots fans, the definition of spoiled.

This all takes place between when the Patriots were down a whole seven points going into halftime to five minutes into the third quarter when they went down two whole scores:

quote:

This team has no killer instinct, and bad play calling on key 3rd downs has cost them. They keep this crap up they'll be lucky to get to 8-8.

This is who the Patriots are. Inconsistent and underperforming offense and a defense which just isn't good enough.

That's the game. I'm ready to chalk this one up already based on the recurrent theme of not being able to get back into games/letting games slip away/ugly execution.

Nobody on offensive is getting open! Lloyd is deion branch Jr, we have no down the field threats! They keep asking us to beat them to the outside and we cant do it. No speed, no athleticism.

Oh yeah I left out the no mental toughness part. They have none of that. They look defeated out there on the benches.

They never take shots downfield. Take a chance every once in a while. You haven't won anything since 04 Bill, you're not the genius you claim to be.

The WR position continues to be neglected, there is still no speed and athleticism. Gronkowski is overrated, hes still a great player, but Hernandez is the play-maker in this offense.

What's so funny? He isn't lying. But honestly I think the problem is Brady right now, he doe not look good at all this year. He's looking more like an Alex Smith rather than the beast we're used to seeing. Also Lloyd sucks, I would much rather have Moss, dude cannot catch a lick.

Gronk needs to rededicate himself to football. Quit with all the promotional stuff. That was a good hit to knock the ball out but thats a catch he has to make.

Is it still "whining" to point out that the team's inconsistent offense and not good-enough defense are a big problem?

Well I'm done. This team has no heart and no fortitude. Screw them.

we are just not that good. and don't forget about the SB hangover too. i believe in that stuff.

Ive come to the realization we are just not a good football team. Plain and simple.

I'd say 90% of us losing is because of Gronk

Hey Tom, see what happens when you actually try to move around instead of conceeding the sack? Funny thing right? STOP BEING A SISSY

Please don't visit Patriots boards or post like this, ever.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kalli posted:

This all takes place between when the Patriots were down a whole seven points going into halftime to five minutes into the third quarter when they went down two whole scores:

The one saying "You haven't won anything since 04 Bill, you aren't the genius everyone claims you to be" is my favorite. Apparently only superbowls count as "winning"

I'm afraid to go into Giants boards.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Febreeze posted:

The one saying "You haven't won anything since 04 Bill, you aren't the genius everyone claims you to be" is my favorite. Apparently only superbowls count as "winning"

I'm afraid to go into Giants boards.

I mean, our Pats posters got pretty fiesty at the time, so I knew it would be bad, and just had to take a look to angry up the blood.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Kalli posted:

So what was the reaction when the Pats put 45 on the Bills in the second half?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

haljordan posted:

So what was the reaction when the Pats put 45 on the Bills in the second half?

I haven't read it, but 'collective amnesia' would be the proper term I believe.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Actually, I guess I could just go to reddit for bad posts couldn't I?

This was posted this morning. Giants fans are just as spoiled.

Redditor posted:

what part of uptempo ny giants offense doesnt kevin gilbride and tom coughlin understand??!!!
i think i heard one of the commentators say that kevin gilbride does what tom coughlin wants and they dont want to score 40 points a game...loving what?!!??!
what are they loving stupid, then what do they want , 2 point loses? 1 point wins? let me guess.....comeback wins?
i would rather the giants win every game 60-7 and have everyone saying that theyre running the score up than these late game heroics that didnt even work this time or half the time.if you notice we only scored in the last two minutes of the first half, YET AGAIN!
i have my eye on gilbride and coughlin, and the rest of the coaching staff as well....coaches are supposed to make you play as well as you can play...not make you play close game dramatics. bullshit!!!!
where the gently caress was andre brown?
this is how he gets rewarded for last games performance, forgive me if im wrong, but ahmad bradshaw did absolutely poo poo!
the ny giants have a high powered uptempo offense and they are supposed to try and score on every possession!!!
A NOTE TO THE GIANTS...IF YOU'RE GONNA TALK poo poo BEFORE A GAME....MAKE SURE YOU DONT GET THOROUGHLY EMBARASSED BY THE OTHER TEAM DURING THE GAME, OSI !!!!!
i am sick and tired of the comeback magic bullshit, im tired of loving comebacks, im tired of keeping up with the other team, im tired of playing catch up!!!
the only bright spot for the entire team the whole game was david wilson's fantastic returns !!!!
oh yeah, and ramses...if you're going to be a dirty player who isnt as affective when he is not playing dirty....i suggest you think about that real hard, because you will have a hosed up career...
if the offensive line cannot give eli any time back there, he cant do anything, man the gently caress up o-line!!!
SICK OF THIS poo poo!!!!!

This thread had the headline: I'M SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING TO THE loving EAGLES !!!!!! OR ANYBODY ELSE FOR THAT MATTER!!!!

Maybe this belongs in the reaction thread.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And now the Patriots have tied it up after two quick scoring drives:

quote:

Pats feeling energized by the Holmes injury?

And that touchdown is a perfect example of what I was just saying. You don't think that the running game had anything to do with the secondary blowing that coverage on Gronk? The safety doesn't hesitate in that situation if they aren't getting gashed up front.

I was never all that worried about the Pats OL. Just don't understand how inconsistent it can be.

Where's everyone saying we have no "killer instinct" when we were down 21-7 and now up 35-21?
Hello???
Shut up. It's all about execution and limitation of mistakes. As long as the Patriots do both of those - we have a great shot at winning. It's not just on McDaniels or the coaching staff - it's execution.

The Bills have been emasculated. Brandon Bolden + Stephen Ridley = best running tandem in the NFL. Book it.

It's kinda scary how close the Pats were to dropping 70 on the Bills today.

If those early drives off turnovers hadn't stalled, they would have put up at least 70. Just have to keep reminding myself that this is a very young team in a lot of regards, with a lot of moving parts on offense due to injury, and that they have time to bring it together and deliver more consistently.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Please tell me those two quotes were from the same person. The first post says the team has no killer instinct and the second one says people who think that are stupid

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Kalli posted:

I can't get mad about losses or lovely defensive efforts because I remember when that's mostly what I saw with the Patriots when I was growing up. Complaining is fine, but this bullshit makes me want to shake people and say DO YOU REMEMBER VICTOR KIAM

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Febreeze posted:

Actually, I guess I could just go to reddit for bad posts couldn't I?

This was posted this morning. Giants fans are just as spoiled.

This thread had the headline: I'M SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING TO THE loving EAGLES !!!!!! OR ANYBODY ELSE FOR THAT MATTER!!!!

Maybe this belongs in the reaction thread.

He's right though where the heck was Andre Brown :mad:

No, I'm kidding he's insane and he's complaining that watching the Giants win superbowls has been too dramatic and stressful for him.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Asian Oprah posted:

He's right though where the heck was Andre Brown :mad:

No, I'm kidding he's insane and he's complaining that watching the Giants win superbowls has been too dramatic and stressful for him.

It has been stressful. 4th quarter comebacks are not relaxing. I was unbelievably tense during the Bucs game when we started coming back. I have more issue with the fact that we literally won the superbowl last year, and are a fair 2-2 at the fourth week of the season. This is week 16 type poo poo. Dude is a spoiled brat. Don't get me wrong, i'd love to win the superbowl again, and every year, but I'm okay just sitting back and letting things happen this year. 3 in 5 years is a lot to ask for. I'm already sick of the primetime games.

SICK OF THIS poo poo!!!!

here's another good pessimistic one:

Redditor posted:

We are screwed, season over

It's week 4 you tards, we won the drat superbowl at 9-7. Here's another good one in a discussion of Romo V Eli

Redditor posted:

I believe if eli manning was on the dallas cowboys from 2004-2012 with their same roster, the dallas cowboys would have won at least 1 super bowl. No coaching changes though, eli does not like instability.

lol

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 2, 2012

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Chiefs fans doin' Gods work

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

It'll be hilarious if this guy just takes the money and runs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The best part is that he is trying to get famous with this. He e-mailed a bunch of TV stations, including ESPN, and when he was told to go away by ESPN he had a huge hissy fit, basically saying OH BECAUSE ITS NOT TEBOW WHO CARES HUH

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug

Caste Football posted:

How the University of Miami Football Team Handicapped White Athletes

:getin: It's all about the U.

(I guess Dan Morgan, Jeremy Shockey, Greg Olsen, Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar, Vinny Testaverde, Steve Walsh and Ted Hendricks don't count. :shrug:)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

The best part is that he is trying to get famous with this. He e-mailed a bunch of TV stations, including ESPN, and when he was told to go away by ESPN he had a huge hissy fit, basically saying OH BECAUSE ITS NOT TEBOW WHO CARES HUH

ESPN taking a childish overreaction by a fan and treating it like the silly non-issue it is? What kind of weird reality is this?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

AAA DOLFAN posted:

It's just like that one Dolphins fansite what with the pictures of the titties

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Declan MacManus posted:

It's just like that one Dolphins fansite what with the pictures of the titties

Wait, what?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

That may have been a touch misleading; they're like a more boring version of KSK in that they do a lot of mediocre photoshops and also cheesecake on Fridays.

Also they tried (and succeeded?) to fly a "Fire Ireland" plane over a Dolphins game last season

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

Pillbug
http://afitch89.blogspot.com/2011/02/cyberculture-comparison-report.html
http://afitch89.blogspot.com/2011/02/art-of-toxx.html
http://afitch89.blogspot.com/2011/05/hierarchy-on-tff.html

:psyduck: :tinfoil: which one of you did this!?

anthony's class blog posted:

The average TFF poster is a white, 20s-something college-educated male. While there are a few exceptions to this rule (there is at least one black poster, one female poster, and a handful of older men), this demographic group makes up the overwhelming majority of posters, not only on TFF but also on SA as a whole. However, it’s difficult to tell a user’s identity simply from his or her posting style.

One poster, who goes by the name Sophia on the forums, is a notable exception to this rule. Sophia identifies herself as female (though this remains unconfirmed, I have seen no reason to doubt her.) While she can sometimes be seen posting alongside the men in serious threads about real issues, she often serves as a pseudo-mascot, offering her advice on which players she finds attractive when called upon by other posters. In fact, her avatar is a mash-up of Peyton Manning and Kyle Orton, her two favorite players. Her bizarre taste in men aside, Sophia is interesting in that she revels in her role as TFF’s Female Voice, while still retaining the ability to discuss other issues

Although there are about 200 active posters, there’s a clique of about 25-30 who do most of the posting and create most of the threads. TFF can be described as a bar, where most people hang out in the open area while the regulars hang out at the bar itself. While the two groups often interact with each other, there’s not much movement between groups.

One of the most popular posters is SteelAngel2000, aka SA2k or Ross. Ross is one of the few posters who have made their real name public. Ross identifies himself as a hardcore San Diego Chargers fan, and is what I consider to be a mascot of the board. He’s known for his neurotic obsession with his favorite team. To Ross, the Chargers are simultaneously the best and worst team in football, and during the regular season, he often follows a Chargers loss with a depressed/angry post detailing the team’s failures. When they win a game, he points out all of the reasons why they shouldn’t have won, and how they’re doomed to fail in the playoffs if they manage to make it that far. In the off-season, he worries about their favorite players leaving the team and about the Chargers having a bad draft. Most posters find his neurosis amusing, although he does raise some brows with his more-extreme suggestions. Ross has, over the years, become aware of his persona, and often exaggerates by posting ‘in-character’ in ways people would expect him to post.

Katie K posted:

This is an awesome means of checks and balances. As we have established in class, people are much less inhibited sitting in front of their monitor rather than in front of their peers. It is interesting how these same people are creating a system amongst themselves to make sure their peers are not all talk. This goes very well with our discussion of community throughout the course.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was about to respond in N/V. That's certainly something. I question how thorough his research is if Kawalimus isn't noted as the most pessimistic on the board. Gonna go read the whole thing and see if I randomly show up.

e: Heh, No Mutants Allowed as the other part.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Grittybeard posted:

I was about to respond in N/V. That's certainly something. I question how thorough his research is if Kawalimus isn't noted as the most pessimistic on the board. Gonna go read the whole thing and see if I randomly show up.

e: Heh, No Mutants Allowed as the other part.

Might've been during last year's offseason (talks about the lockout).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There's a typical Adaz jpg. I sort of love this thing.

"Shut up Steel Angel Two Thousand."

Petey's posts are always serious. Duck rape.

e: Seriously should we start a new thread about this? Because it's amazing. It would die after a few days but whatever.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 3, 2012

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I love that the three most prominent posters are SA2k, Petey and Adaz.

I mean come on. How on earth it wasn't Gendo, SA2K and Doltos...

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

e: Seriously should we start a new thread about this? Because it's amazing. It would die after a few days but whatever.

do it

my favorite line was how SteelAngel2000, aka SA2k or Ross tends to "raise some brows"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Tae posted:

Might've been during last year's offseason (talks about the lockout).

The blog date is February 2011, so yeah, that'd probably be around then.

E:

quote:

and the regulars generally get along without any need for outside enforcement.

ravenschat bitch, etc.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Why does that blog analyzing TFF exist?

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

Pillbug

Declan MacManus posted:

The blog date is February 2011, so yeah, that'd probably be around then.

E:

ravenschat bitch, etc.

I don't even know if we should be talking to each other. am I a regular? what part of the bar am I sitting in? :ohdear:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Collector posted:

I don't even know if we should be talking to each other. am I a regular? what part of the bar am I sitting in? :ohdear:

You can go ahead and get gone, we don't serve your kind here.

Edit: I got dibs on the seat closest to the peanuts.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

The Collector posted:

Neither of us are regulars, we didn't exist

phins up from the future, Feb. 2011 TFF

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Collector posted:

do it

my favorite line was how SteelAngel2000, aka SA2k or Ross tends to "raise some brows"

I went ahead and did this. Maybe it's not a big deal at all but I think the whole thing is hilarious.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Has this dude started posting here since then? I feel like all our posts are being analyzed creepily by someone Gendo can't ban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Has this dude started posting here since then? I feel like all our posts are being analyzed creepily by someone Gendo can't ban.

Sounds like its time for an old fashioned witch hunt. We must close the borders to the foreign posters and root out the infestation from within. We will be a strong football forum. One Sport, One Gendo, One TFF.

• Locked thread