Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
This Jane Wells woman that Howard photographed (can't wait to see that CD cover!) sounds like the Underdog Lady.

Also, Howard busting on Benji's photoshopping job was hilariously ironic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfnl
Jul 28, 2004

Holy cow, I don't remember the last time Gary got as affected by Howard busting his balls as he did today. In turns he sounded pissed and on the verge of tears.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

nmfnl posted:

Holy cow, I don't remember the last time Gary got as affected by Howard busting his balls as he did today. In turns he sounded pissed and on the verge of tears.

Is Howard still ragging Gary about his tech podcast?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

haljordan posted:

Howard's complaints were pretty ridiculous. I mean, there's plenty of reasons to rip that stupid tech show apart, but the use of the word "interface"? Howard is such an old man...

nmfnl
Jul 28, 2004

haljordan posted:

That was part of it, but then there were problems with the phones again, then the guest they had on was getting over whooping cough which sent his germ-phobia into overdrive. All this eventually led to Howard, among other things, telling Gary that he doesn't really care about him which seemed to cut the deepest.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
What's up with this fake Bigfoot today in studio?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Howard's complaints were pretty ridiculous. I mean, there's plenty of reasons to rip that stupid tech show apart, but the use of the word "interface"? Howard is such an old man...

That's exactly what I thought. There is no amount of dumbing down you could do to get Howard or Robin to understand anything to do with technology.

nmfnl posted:

That was part of it, but then there were problems with the phones again, then the guest they had on was getting over whooping cough which sent his germ-phobia into overdrive. All this eventually led to Howard, among other things, telling Gary that he doesn't really care about him which seemed to cut the deepest.

I'm hoping that before Stern actually retires, Gary shows up one day and says "gently caress this, I quit you're an rear end in a top hat" and walks out. Then again, he's probably too addicted to the fame/recognition he gets from being on the show to ever do this.

edit: Holy poo poo, Wolfie at NASCAR :laffo:

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 3, 2012

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I don't care what they yell about to Gary. He deserves to be taken down a peg now and then.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I didn't think it was possible to top Dr. Ruth as a guest with more horrible sounding voice to listen to, but then they went and proved me wrong with this chick today with the whooping cough.

Jesus.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I really wish Howard or DePace or whoever is REALLY in charge of HowardTV would make that poo poo available online.
I'm more interested in paying to see Sour Shoes blow a load in his pants than I care to admit, and would pay cash money if they'd just let me give it to them. (I have AT&T UVERSE which doesn't offer HowardTV in my area).

I hate having to resort to trying to follow an endless stream of youtube accounts (that always get shut down) just to try and see what Howard is talking about.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Listening to the Bubba pack now. Oh my god THANK YOU!!!

Power Pig HELLO!

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.

haljordan posted:

I'm hoping that before Stern actually retires, Gary shows up one day and says "gently caress this, I quit you're an rear end in a top hat" and walks out. Then again, he's probably too addicted to the fame/recognition he gets from being on the show to ever do this.

I think Gary understands that, crippling psychological abuse aside, Howard is the reason he has made a very good living for the past 25-odd years. It would take a special kind of stupid to tell the guy responsible for your seven-figure nest egg to gently caress off.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

I think Gary understands that, crippling psychological abuse aside, Howard is the reason he has made a very good living for the past 25-odd years. It would take a special kind of stupid to tell the guy responsible for your seven-figure nest egg to gently caress off.

Exactly. I would eat wayyyyyyyyy more poo poo for the amount of money Gary has amassed as a producer of a radio show.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

Exactly. I would eat wayyyyyyyyy more poo poo for the amount of money Gary has amassed as a producer of a radio show.

I think most of us with normal jobs already do, for way less.

Yeah, well, what do you do for a living?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

I think most of us with normal jobs already do, for way less.

Yeah, well, what do you do for a living?

Brent Hatley certainly does.

BrentBrentBrentBrent Hatley he's the loving man...BrentBrentBrentBrent Hatley needs a loving tan.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I don't care how baseless Howard's argument is I just want him to goof on Gary until the end of time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

-Atom- posted:

I don't care how baseless Howard's argument is I just want him to goof on Gary until the end of time.

Baseless? Gary said interface when talking about a handheld gadget, what a loving geek. He should just get on the Apple iTunes.

BRB calling Jeff Schick to set up a PS/2 network so I can finish writing Howard Porky's The High School Years Stern

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

Baseless? Gary said interface when talking about a handheld gadget, what a loving geek. He should just get on the Apple iTunes.

BRB calling Jeff Schick to set up a PS/2 network so I can finish writing Howard Porky's The High School Years Stern

What's the new system they're using? The one Sal missed the orientation for?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

What's the new system they're using? The one Sal missed the orientation for?

Moldren or Moldred or something.

geera
May 20, 2003

Vakal posted:

I didn't think it was possible to top Dr. Ruth as a guest with more horrible sounding voice to listen to, but then they went and proved me wrong with this chick today with the whooping cough.

Jesus.
Yeah, not only was she an incredibly boring guest (radio insider stories and throwing around names that nobody on the outside of that industry knows :allears: ) but it was like listening to an interview with Mariann from Brooklyn for an hour. Nails on a chalkboard.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

-Atom- posted:

This is the correct position.

Sand Monster posted:

Moldren or Moldred or something.

Did they actually name something "Muldred"? Not using that name for his kid was Howard's greatest mistake.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

prefect posted:

Did they actually name something "Muldred"? Not using that name for his kid was Howard's greatest mistake.

I've searched for every iteration of whatever they are saying I could think of and have come up empty. I have no idea what this new system is.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

I've searched for every iteration of whatever they are saying I could think of and have come up empty. I have no idea what this new system is.

In case anybody doesn't know the story, Howard was once talking to Frank Zappa (which was, of course, awesome). Howard noted that Frank was great at thinking up names for children, and asked him what he should call his next daughter. (I think this was Ashley.) Frank, without missing a beat, said "Muldred". Howard has said that his daughter was disappointed that Frank's suggestion wasn't used.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Brocktoon posted:

I think Muldred is the internal name for it. Howard said it was some IBM product called Connections (looks like this: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/lotus/products/connections/) which means it's an overpriced outdated product that has been replaced a million times over by more modern companies but Jeff Shick convinced Howard it was good.

And goofing on Gary today was great. They've had the Bigfoot impersonator in there a few times recently, and it's not that entertaining anymore.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

musclecoder posted:

And goofing on Gary today was great. They've had the Bigfoot impersonator in there a few times recently, and it's not that entertaining anymore.

His Dice was way more interesting.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

musclecoder posted:

I think Muldred is the internal name for it. Howard said it was some IBM product called Connections (looks like this: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/lotus/products/connections/) which means it's an overpriced outdated product that has been replaced a million times over by more modern companies but Jeff Shick convinced Howard it was good.

It's just an internal facebook isn't it?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

It's just an internal facebook isn't it?

Sort of. It's an internal social network you can roll out that lets teammates and co-workers keep up to date on one another. Because it's entirely internal, you can put up questions or requests for help and chances are, someone in your circle either knows, or knows someone who knows, a solution. I've seen it in action and it's a godsend for projects where teammates are in different geographic locations and don't get the usual time out in the hallway to catch up on what's happening.

Full disclosure, I work for IBM, but not on Connections.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I hope they didn't abandon Lotus notes. That always makes me laugh.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
The ripping on Gary these past two weeks has been amazing. The whooping cough deal is gonna provide great fodder.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Eric? Eric...go...and gently caress your bed...and take your club foot...and shove it up your rear end.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

haljordan posted:

In addition to that, Gary has to know he's a terrible producer so he's basically getting paid a lot of money to eat poo poo and do nothing.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Anyone know what Gary could have said about some woman yesterday that resulted in him having to fall on the sword for it off air? Soumded like he said something potentially slanderous about a woman?

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
This Bigfoot impersonator is awful, his jokes are awful, he's cringeworthy. I mean, yeah, I get it, the real thing is funny 'cause he's real. This thing is like trying to re-enact a retarded reality show with actors, it's pointless. Send him away already.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Two audio notes from last week that I never got around to posting:

Sour Shoes's Gary is amazing, but the content and the mannerisms are way better then the voice. His Gary voice sounds a lot like Gene Simmons to me. Or at least, that Gene Simmons imitator that they used to have sit in.

One of Shuli's regular cackles sounds to me quite a bit like Betelgeuse laughing. The first day Shuli sat in, a couple times I thought I had heard the Beet, but then I figured out it was Shuli laughing the bakground. I kept expecting a jolly "Hey!"

Am I nuts?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

They should have Beet sit in the chair.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Bonzo posted:

They should have Beet sit in the chair.

Haha, I misread that as "Beth".

That would be something.

Something awful.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Underhill posted:

Haha, I misread that as "Beth".

That would be something.

Something awful.

Ugh, don't even joke about that. Marianne from Brooklyn, Bobo, and the rest of the sycophants would be on the air endlessly begging for that to happen, which would translate into Howard saying, "Well, the audience is asking for it!"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sand Monster posted:

Marianne from Brooklyn

I can't believe Howard picked up on her THREE times yesterday.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Pat Cooper's 2006 appearance is playing on 101. Guy sounds like an incredible rear end in a top hat. Apparently he doesn't remember anything he ever says and gets angry if people bring it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
Pat Cooper's an insanely angry dude, and he hasn't mellowed much with age. I remember when his estranged son & daughter called into the Stern show, during the K-Rock days - it was loving scary. After not talking to his son for like 10 years, he goes "I love you, Mike." The kid says, "Never heard that before." Pat goes, "YEAH?!?!? WELL, YOU MIGHT NEVER HEAR IT AGAIN!" Then Pat's mom called up and started yelling about how he owed her money or some poo poo - he started screaming at his mother about how he paid her back long ago. i don't remember what they said exactly but it got really nasty.

All of which makes me think his autobiography might be worth picking up.