Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cuboidal 64
Sep 29, 2010

Green dick is better than blue dick

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's a great clip except it reminds me that Rayman Origins is all AI-Rayman bullshit aaaggghhhhhhh why did I pre-order it. Gotta switch to NSMBU instead.

Good news, it mostly isn't.

http://nintendoeverything.com/100529/lots-of-rayman-legends-details/

They make it sound as if they'll be taking the place of the mosquito levels, so i'd expect about that amount of All-Murfy levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

As good as Rayman Origins looks, I'm sure it'll be $20 in six months, but NSMBU is going to be $60 til the end of eternity.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/42139/MiiVerse-is-Wii-Us-killer-app-says-Fils-Aime

*gulp*

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If MiiVerse is supposed to be a good social network that certainly would eliminate the possibility of friends codes.

By the way, I got Rayman on android today, it's the best android game I've played. Like it better than cut the rope. Looking forward to Rayman on Wii U, more than before. I have to admit I misjudged this franchise on appearances.

Cream
May 6, 2007
Fett-kart
I wonder if they'll have a setting to compensate for lag? Say, send info to tablet a few frames late.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If the tablet gets info a few frames before the tv I would think that could only benefit you. It would be simple enough to add in game settings though, every single music game since two generations ago does it already.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The gamepad has a camera. Shouldn't be too difficult to make a self calibration with that.

There are singing games at launch, so there must be some way to do it, right?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Cuboidal 64 posted:

Good news, it mostly isn't.

http://nintendoeverything.com/100529/lots-of-rayman-legends-details/

They make it sound as if they'll be taking the place of the mosquito levels, so i'd expect about that amount of All-Murfy levels.

quote:

General/gameplay details
- In single-player, you’ll mostly control Rayman or one of the other playable characters
- Temporarily switch to Murfy when you reach certain sections

Well that's a relief.

quote:

- Murfy can be mischievous as well
- It’s possible to take a health bottle from someone who’s about to take it and give it to another player
- Ex: take lava and dump it on someone’s head

And that sounds like some good stupid fun.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
If I still want to order a Wii U for release I'm out of luck, correct?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mugaaz posted:

You are without a paddle, yes. Now you can be put on a waiting list and hope to god you get one before Monster Hunter comes out in March.

Was it like this with other console releases? I always pre-order things I'm sure I want early and I get a lot of "Okay, crazy dude" stares from Gamestop employees or whatever, but when I pre-ordered the U the second day they were like "You're in luck we only had a dozen or so left."

Maybe people have just learned from the last console release and know to reserve their poo poo now.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 3, 2012

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Mugaaz posted:

Some places may still do a line up on release day but at the moment it seems everyone and their mother is doing pre-orders. As it gets closer to release some places may have larger allocation and offer bundles.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I didn't get in on the pre-orders at the time since I initially thought that the Wii-U wouldn't be in as high demand as the Wii was but gently caress was I wrong there. My only hope now is to line up at a Fred Meyer here in the NW as they're not taking pre-orders and hope I'm able to score one.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

•Amazon - Wii U 8GB Basic Set - In-stock via 3rd Party Sellers
•Amazon - Wii U 32GB Deluxe Set - In-stock via 3rd Party Sellers
•BestBuy.com - Wii U 8GB Basic Set - $299.99 (Out of Stock)
•BestBuy.com - Wii U 32GB Deluxe Set - $349.99 (Out of Stock)
•GameStop - Wii U 8GB Basic Set - $299.99 (Out of Stock)
•GameStop - Wii U 32GB Deluxe Set - $349.99 (Out of Stock)
•Walmart - Wii U Console Bundle - $399.99 (Both Models Out of Stock)

By the way, the Amazon sellers are asking for $500 basic or $700 deluxe, so that's not actually a real option.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I read somewhere Nintendo will probably be producing 1.2 million a month over three production lines, so if they don't experience problems, after initial rush they should be able to pump out a steady supply.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Bobnumerotres posted:

You are without a paddle, yes. Now you can be put on a waiting list and hope to god you get one before Monster Hunter comes out in March.

Was it like this with other console releases? I always pre-order things I'm sure I want early and I get a lot of "Okay, crazy dude" stares from Gamestop employees or whatever, but when I pre-ordered the U the second day they were like "You're in luck we only had a dozen or so left."

Maybe people have just learned from the last console release and know to reserve their poo poo now.

I just need one before MH, but since I'm going to get it for MH figure might as well get it when it comes out and play other stuff on there. Ill keep a look out to see if theres anywhere else to preorder.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Wii U doesn't seem out of stock in Canada, at least the basic models.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

WiiU is available all over Europe still; I really think the preorder craze in the US is a case of either artifial scarcity on Nintendo's end or just retailers covering their asses because they don't know how many more units above a certain threshold they'll get in stock. I would imagine some of them will get extra alotments for preorders or are holding back stock for midnight releases etc.; don't panic.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't think Nintendo's known to play the artificial shortage game. The Wii was sold out two Christmases in a row, but the number of units actually sold was far too high to be called any kind of shortage.

Reggie even said that one reason not to sell gamepads separately was because from a production standpoint they need to make sure every console can be paired with one. That attitude says they're not loving around when it comes to maximizing inventory.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 4, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I think Nintendo was preparing more for Christmas and less for opening release day but they likely are prepared to provide more Wii U's to stores.

A few of the stores here are doing a callback if they run out of Wii U's so if they have 10 for the store and you're #11, you'll get called when the next shipment comes in.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I meant it more in the sense of them only guaranteeing Gamestop 50k units right now so Gamestop only sells 50k preorders but in the end, they'll be able to ship them 90k units or whatever. Basically the numbers aren't set in stone and either Nintendo themselves or the retailers are erring on the side of caution so they can fill all their preorders.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if it turned out like some kind of Apple "oh we MIGHT have one in the back!" and it turns out they have like 5 full boxes of them.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

basically, Waluigi.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bobnumerotres posted:

Game releases are plentiful nowadays. I hadn't had an issue getting a game without a reservation since the N64 cartridge days. So many retailers do first week sales or promotions that its smarter to wait until the week of release. I remember when TRU was doing those instant gift card things, Best Buy was price matching any B&M store (and price matching TrUs gift cards with a straight up discount), and Amazon is usually almost always cheaper when you factor in no sales tax, free shipping, and it always being a few bucks cheaper.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

WiiU is available all over Europe still; I really think the preorder craze in the US is a case of either artifial scarcity on Nintendo's end or just retailers covering their asses because they don't know how many more units above a certain threshold they'll get in stock. I would imagine some of them will get extra alotments for preorders or are holding back stock for midnight releases etc.; don't panic.
I imagine they'll be holding back some stock both for launch and then Black Friday at the end of the launch week.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/HD/

:gizz:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

GOD I WANT THIS SO loving BAD. Why is this not a launch title in the West!?

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Policenaut posted:

GOD I WANT THIS SO loving BAD. Why is this not a launch title in the West!?

Because Americans are supposed to like and enjoy the travesty that is Resident Evil 6 and not Wooboo Anime Monster Game.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:
Boy oh boy this game sure looks ugly or whatever people were bitching about!

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Vaerai Archon posted:

Because Americans are supposed to like and enjoy the travesty that is Resident Evil 6 and not Wooboo Anime Monster Game.
Resident Evil 6 is not a WiiU title.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Surlaw posted:

Resident Evil 6 is not a WiiU title.

Not yet....this is capcom give it time.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Vaerai Archon posted:

Not yet....this is capcom give it time.
Well that would be good because it's good for more people to have access to more games whether you or I like them or not but that still has zero to do with Monster Hunter.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Surlaw posted:

Well that would be good because it's good for more people to have access to more games whether you or I like them or not but that still has zero to do with Monster Hunter.

It has everything to do with Monster Hunter. Every single descision capcom made about the series up until recent was because it was deemed too unpopular for america.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

They're releasing it here now. Resident Evil 6 has nothing to do with it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
That's a Wii game that has simply been HDified right?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

That's a Wii game that has simply been HDified right?
That is correct, though it also adds full online and local multiplayer.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's an update to Tri that includes all the Tri G 3DS content.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

It looks drat pretty. It's clear it's not just an upscale. A lot of detail was added to the environments.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

No kidding, that's a full remake and I don't recall seeing a yellow Rathalos (?) before.

Come on, Capcom, give us more Monster Hunting. Does this inter-play with the 3DS version of the game? That would convince me to buy this game a second time if so, I was sorta feeling like getting back to Tri but was worried about server population.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It does, but it's local-only. The 3DS version doesn't have online play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
It's completely compatible with the 3DS version. Save data can be shared.
It has all the 3DS's extra DL missions pre-installed.
It has online multiplay with other Wii U players, and local multiplay (one Wii U + max three 3DS).

• Locked thread