Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Wolvorine posted:

Hmm, can't remember if I've seen that one before or not. I must admit though, I was kind of hoping that the folks who brought us The Armoury might make a downright awesome version of them if someone like me dropped the hint.

The Armory is completed. 3.0 is the last version we will release, if we even release it at this point. MediocrityGoggles and Anime Schoolgirl have yet to finish off their aspects of the final WIP with no ETA in sight so it may be a while.

In the meantime, we've been working with Arenovalis to release his mods and this fall I'll be devoting my development time towards updating my art skills and hopefully re-inventing The Armory for FO4 with an emphasis on quality rather than the compromising of quality for quantity we do now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I might be misremembering, but I think there was a mod for FO3 that made NPCs use more animations during dialogue, instead of just staring straight ahead at you. Was that a thing and does it exist for NV?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Renditious posted:

The 4gb enabler works by setting a flag in the NV executable that allows it to access up to 4 GB of ram, and this flag is present up to Windows 7. If that flag has changed in 8, then it won't work unless a new application is released that uses the correct flags. Of course, there might be another problem, as there doesn't appear to be any obvious news on the subject that a quick search would present.

People are loath to release program patches for unreleased operating systems, even if they've already gone RTM. That last part seems kinda silly, maybe even stupid, but for something that only happens for about a month and a half every three years it's easier to deal with it.

Also it may be that no one's been driven to care about it yet, or that the maintainers have mysteriously disappeared from the community.

It's also entirely possible that the flag was removed, or that the operating system reacts poorly to the hack no matter how it's done.

You could always see if your mod loadout works without the 4GB shim, since NVSE still works fine. (And if it doesn't, additional editorial discretion rarely hurts mod orders.)

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 4, 2012

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Does anybody have any experience with this DLC Weapon Integration mod?

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47880

I'm going to put it in later, I've started a new game with PN and JSawyer. Shouldn't conflict, should it?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Does anybody have any experience with this DLC Weapon Integration mod?

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47880

I'm going to put it in later, I've started a new game with PN and JSawyer. Shouldn't conflict, should it?

Actually I think does because the jsawyer mod already integrates them. I just started playing again with the jsawyer mod myself so I'm definitely not an expert but just looking at the descriptions it seems like they effect the same stuff.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Starting a new game, heavily modded, trying to think of some good-ones when I remembered the mail order catalogue mod. Made me sad because it was never updated. Does anyone know of anything similar to that mod that is up now?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Rirse posted:

Okay I been using the New Vegas 4 GB patch (after finally finding a way to run it on Steam with the achievements and proper screenshot path), but I since upgraded to Window 8. Now it flat out doesn't work anymore. Is there a solution to fix the 4 GB patch or I just have to skip using it?

go back some pages, I think someone posted about this before.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Edit: Nevermind, FOMM, isn't the same thing as Nexus mod manager

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 5, 2012

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

voltron lion force posted:

Actually I think does because the jsawyer mod already integrates them. I just started playing again with the jsawyer mod myself so I'm definitely not an expert but just looking at the descriptions it seems like they effect the same stuff.

I thought JSaywer only added the Pre-order DLC?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I thought JSaywer only added the Pre-order DLC?

It does, I don't think it conflicts with that mod you linked if the description is accurate and it only distributes non-uniques.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Oh yay, I added it, noticed every single Viper (just started a new game a couple days ago) was carrying .45 pistols, and decided to deactivate it. Well the stuff is still there. Asked the creator about it and get "That should already be answered by clicking the scripting link in the description and reading about how it works. Sorry lol, but it's not my fault you missed that before installing."

Going to the scripting link says it can't be undone and now I feel stupid :smith:

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Oh yay, I added it, noticed every single Viper (just started a new game a couple days ago) was carrying .45 pistols, and decided to deactivate it. Well the stuff is still there. Asked the creator about it and get "That should already be answered by clicking the scripting link in the description and reading about how it works. Sorry lol, but it's not my fault you missed that before installing."

Going to the scripting link says it can't be undone and now I feel stupid :smith:

Welcome to Nexus!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Walker posted:

Welcome to Nexus!

Well, I asked him to put a warning up saying it would permanently change things, and he did. So I guess everything worked out? Still have to start a new game though to undo that though.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So for anyone who knows what they are doing with the RobCo certified mod, how do you upgrade robots? I have a Mr. Handy, the schamatic to give it the incinerator, and the two ingredients(Firehose nozzle, and steam gauge) but when I go to the upgrade speech option, it just has a "go back" option.

SMLJ
Sep 7, 2010

jadebullet posted:

So for anyone who knows what they are doing with the RobCo certified mod, how do you upgrade robots? I have a Mr. Handy, the schamatic to give it the incinerator, and the two ingredients(Firehose nozzle, and steam gauge) but when I go to the upgrade speech option, it just has a "go back" option.

I think you have to craft the thing at a workbench first before you can upgrade your bot.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I notice the OP doesn't list Mod Organizer as a suggested application for managing mods. It's basically the Best Thing for managing Skyrim mods and is supposed to be compatible with FNV as well, but I haven't gotten around to trying it for FNV myself yet. Is there some reason not to use it or has that part of the OP just not been updated / does Cream of Plenty not like it / care about it / know about it / other?

The thing about Mod Organizer is that it keeps separate mod profiles and stores the files in their own spot, so you don't have to overwrite anything and can revert to vanilla / a different mod profile whenever. Which is a pretty nice feature. Should it be avoided for FNV for some reason?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I tried it for New Vegas, and the issue is that there are a few mods that just work better if you use FOMM, or even require FOMM, because they have installers designed for them. You can still use MO for your other mods but I found it to be more trouble than it's worth, although to be fair I was doing my "this is my final, unalterable set of mods" install, which negates some of the awesomeness of MO because I don't need to uninstall much.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Not sure about New Vegas, but I think it can execute the equivalent of .fomod installers for Skyrim. That might've been a feature of the nexus plugin though.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I was under the impression that it could do that too, but installing stuff like the iHUD/uHUD mods and their various addons, or the Weapon Animation Replacement fomod, didn't seem to work too well. For example, the various HUD mods all detect each other as you install them in the correct order, but with MO's witchcraft going on, they weren't able to detect each other because of course they were looking in the data directory which MO keeps blissfully clean. Possibly my massive idiocy was preventing stuff from working so if you can get MO + NV going then more power to you.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Woebin posted:

I notice the OP doesn't list Mod Organizer as a suggested application for managing mods. It's basically the Best Thing for managing Skyrim mods and is supposed to be compatible with FNV as well, but I haven't gotten around to trying it for FNV myself yet. Is there some reason not to use it or has that part of the OP just not been updated / does Cream of Plenty not like it / care about it / know about it / other?

The thing about Mod Organizer is that it keeps separate mod profiles and stores the files in their own spot, so you don't have to overwrite anything and can revert to vanilla / a different mod profile whenever. Which is a pretty nice feature. Should it be avoided for FNV for some reason?

Actually, I haven't followed Mod Organizer very closely. A while back, somebody mentioned using it, but generally nobody talks about it on the thread (or when they do, it's generally luke warm.) If a bunch of people pop out of the woodwork talking about how it's the bees' knees, I can throw it in the OP, though.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I was under the impression that it could do that too, but installing stuff like the iHUD/uHUD mods and their various addons, or the Weapon Animation Replacement fomod, didn't seem to work too well. For example, the various HUD mods all detect each other as you install them in the correct order, but with MO's witchcraft going on, they weren't able to detect each other because of course they were looking in the data directory which MO keeps blissfully clean. Possibly my massive idiocy was preventing stuff from working so if you can get MO + NV going then more power to you.
Some Skyrim mods require some mucking about to get working with MO, I imagine it'd be the same for FNV. But I don't know that for sure.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Actually, I haven't followed Mod Organizer very closely. A while back, somebody mentioned using it, but generally nobody talks about it on the thread (or when they do, it's generally luke warm.) If a bunch of people pop out of the woodwork talking about how it's the bees' knees, I can throw it in the OP, though.
Fair enough. I guess I'll give it a try next time I replay FNV, although I don't know when that'll be. If I do I'll let the thread know how well it works though.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48049/

Made a quick new retex for the single shotgun because I wanted sth fast and ez to do.

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow

Arenovalis posted:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48049/

Made a quick new retex for the single shotgun because I wanted sth fast and ez to do.

I love the duct tape on the end of it!

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah, I felt duct tape was more appropriate than rope like the original had :D

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Okay, I give up. I'm trying to use Gopher's WAR Fomod Installer to make the fomodd file so I can use the new animations the armory requires without having to shift stuff around folder by folder and no matter what I do the bloody hateful sodding thing just keeps telling me 'The following sources are missing:' and refuses to accept the two files even exist.

What the hell do I need to do to get this thing to accept the two .rar files are where I am pointing it?

EDIT: and like two minutes after getting frustrated enough to post I realise the .xml file has a poo poo ton of weird underlining instead of spaces in the file names and that's why it wont work.

King Doom fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 12, 2012

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

King Doom posted:

Okay, I give up. I'm trying to use Gopher's WAR Fomod Installer to make the fomodd file so I can use the new animations the armory requires without having to shift stuff around folder by folder and no matter what I do the bloody hateful sodding thing just keeps telling me 'The following sources are missing:' and refuses to accept the two files even exist.

What the hell do I need to do to get this thing to accept the two .rar files are where I am pointing it?

EDIT: and like two minutes after getting frustrated enough to post I realise the .xml file has a poo poo ton of weird underlining instead of spaces in the file names and that's why it wont work.

Most .rar's and other archives on the nexus use underscores because it makes it much easier to read because it won't stick percent encoding into the file names. You're supposed to point the thing at the .rar's, not the extracted contents, iirc.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
I was pointing it at .rar files. There were two things, an xml file telling fomm what it needed and a folder with the .rar files. the .rar files were named something like pistols-new animations and rifles-new animations but the .xml was looking for rifles_-_new_animations and pistols_-_new_animations. Bloody annoying.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Mauser? But I barely know her :ohdear:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The frequency and consistency with which you are capable of churning out absolutely gorgeous textures seemingly without effort is simply mindblowing. I wish I was talented.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Arenovalis posted:

I was just bemoaning to myself the fact that the Chinese 9mm was crappy in FO3 but never got a Vegas makeover. That is gorgeous and you should be proud of your baby.

Also if I ever finish that item descriptions mod I'm sitting on, and a goon-made mod comes out that adds this gun, your quote will accompany it.

Fake e: sorry Naky your wonderful mod isn't ~lore friendly~ :sperg:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Captain Walker posted:

I was just bemoaning to myself the fact that the Chinese 9mm was crappy in FO3 but never got a Vegas makeover. That is gorgeous and you should be proud of your baby.

Also if I ever finish that item descriptions mod I'm sitting on, and a goon-made mod comes out that adds this gun, your quote will accompany it.

Fake e: sorry Naky your wonderful mod isn't ~lore friendly~ :sperg:

It's as lore friendly or lore breaking as you want it to be. The mod is an ESM designed for people to make their own poo poo with by making esp mods using TA as the master. Just 'cuz we officially release a leveled list esp that uses as many guns from the pack as possible has never stopped us from encouraging people to make lore friendly mods using the master file.

Just sayin'.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I think I PMed you awhile back re: this. I'm tired and I feel like posting too many :words: about my favorite game in one of my favorite series, but no one wants to read it so I'll try and cut it short.

-Most of the weapons you have in TA are real, 20th and 21st century firearms. This is fine except in the context of the following two points, which are largely me speculating about established canon talking out my rear end
-Modern assault weapons are designed primarily for military and special forces, i.e. not civilians, and certainly not a one-man wrecking crew like you see in oh I dunno every game ever.
-The arms race is over in the Fallout setting, brought to its inevitable conclusion in 2077. Player progression in the games, where you start with a vault suit and a pistol and end up in power armor with a turbocharged plasma caster, is not representative of the average wastelander's need to fight off geckos and raiders. The Gun Runners might sell to the two established militaries in the Core Region, but that's probably not the bulk of their business given the political clusterfuck in the Mojave.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Arenovalis posted:

Does she have a sister?

Is this going to be stand alone or a retex of an existing gun? (I forget if this is in GRA or not)

Captain Walker posted:

I think I PMed you awhile back re: this. I'm tired and I feel like posting too many :words: about my favorite game in one of my favorite series, but no one wants to read it so I'll try and cut it short.

-Most of the weapons you have in TA are real, 20th and 21st century firearms. This is fine except in the context of the following two points, which are largely me speculating about established canon talking out my rear end
-Modern assault weapons are designed primarily for military and special forces, i.e. not civilians, and certainly not a one-man wrecking crew like you see in oh I dunno every game ever.
-The arms race is over in the Fallout setting, brought to its inevitable conclusion in 2077. Player progression in the games, where you start with a vault suit and a pistol and end up in power armor with a turbocharged plasma caster, is not representative of the average wastelander's need to fight off geckos and raiders. The Gun Runners might sell to the two established militaries in the Core Region, but that's probably not the bulk of their business given the political clusterfuck in the Mojave.

Is this really :spergin: about The Armory? Dude, you can pretty much just install the Cabinet ESP and be done with it - that way you won't have to :qq: my immersion :qq: about NPCs shooting you with kickin rad guns.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Gyshall posted:

Is this really :spergin: about The Armory? Dude, you can pretty much just install the Cabinet ESP and be done with it - that way you won't have to :qq: my immersion :qq: about NPCs shooting you with kickin rad guns.

I made a bad post, don't go out of your way to correct my poor internet behavior. I love the Armory. No qualifiers. Sorry to make you think otherwise :sweatdrop:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Gyshall posted:

Does she have a sister?

Is this going to be stand alone or a retex of an existing gun? (I forget if this is in GRA or not)

Stand alone, but he's gotta see if he can get the original max files to redo the normals bake because the smoothing looks like rear end after I converted it and got it in game.

That being said, there's still a couple others on the back burner that could possibly be done while he waits. Worse case scenario, we could release it as is too but I know Mill wouldn't be that happy with it either.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

The city looks almost bearable from up here.
Decided to dig up a relatively old playthrough, only change was updating my existing saves with the new version of jsawyer.

Problem is, now even at 0 radiation level I am stuck with minor radiation sickness. Any ideas on if this can be fixed?

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012

Antignition posted:

Decided to dig up a relatively old playthrough, only change was updating my existing saves with the new version of jsawyer.

Problem is, now even at 0 radiation level I am stuck with minor radiation sickness. Any ideas on if this can be fixed?

It seems like there should be a console command for removing conditions, but I can't find one. You could try increasing radiation with the console and then curing it again? Might cause the game to fix itself.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

The city looks almost bearable from up here.

Renditious posted:

It seems like there should be a console command for removing conditions, but I can't find one. You could try increasing radiation with the console and then curing it again? Might cause the game to fix itself.

Thanks, that did the trick. I was lazy so I just waited till I got to Vault 34 and that solved all my problems.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I've recently started playing New Vegas more, and I just want to recommend this combination of mods at the same time:

Monster Mod
Increased Wasteland Spawns (max all the choices)
Unlimited Companions

:getin:

I regularly get attacked by armies of hosed up looking creatures, but it's cool because I have Cass, Boone, ED-E and that Willow companion so far. It still gets pretty hairy sometimes because I have The Armoury/Armour Compilations with the levelled lists active so it's becoming common for me to get hit by some cool rear end weapons like the Incinerator.

It's a lot of fun, though I think I'm levelling too quickly with the armies of monsters against my own personal army. Is this likely to screw anything up for me later on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Xachariah posted:

I've recently started playing New Vegas more, and I just want to recommend this combination of mods at the same time:

Monster Mod
Increased Wasteland Spawns (max all the choices)
Unlimited Companions

:getin:

I regularly get attacked by armies of hosed up looking creatures, but it's cool because I have Cass, Boone, ED-E and that Willow companion so far. It still gets pretty hairy sometimes because I have The Armoury/Armour Compilations with the levelled lists active so it's becoming common for me to get hit by some cool rear end weapons like the Incinerator.

It's a lot of fun, though I think I'm levelling too quickly with the armies of monsters against my own personal army. Is this likely to screw anything up for me later on?

Leveling up too quickly won't screw anything up for you down the road--at the very least, it won't break the game--but it may turn some DLC into bulletspongey slogs.