Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I can actually feel myself getting whopping cough through the radio as I listen to Howard yell at Gary.

Gary is such a dummy. How on earth did he think Carol Miller's voice was only "a little bit" rough?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

haljordan posted:

20 grand is a shitload of money for a video like that.

If he's even getting that.
My point is, the budget for these shows is so low he's likely getting a pittance. The appeal to Gary is that it's his launching point for a post-stern career.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Manifest posted:

If he's even getting that.
My point is, the budget for these shows is so low he's likely getting a pittance. The appeal to Gary is that it's his launching point for a post-stern career.

Unless his post-Stern career is "retired guy", I think he's going to be in for a world of hurt. "Baba Booey, formerly of the Howard Stern Show" probably won't have a lot of drawing power.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I can see people hiring him just to humiliate him on the air "because that's what Stern does" and it makes me a bit sad.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I could see him doing a small panel or booth at Comic-Con and then slowly be reduced to car and boat shows. I can see the "I'll say Bawf for a buck" sign now.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I could see him doing a small panel or booth at Comic-Con and then slowly be reduced to car and boat shows. I can see the "I'll say Bawf for a buck" sign now.

About 15 years ago, there was a fireworks store out in the boonies that had a bikini contest with Gary as the M.C. I couldn't resist and had to attend. He actually did a good job, but I couldn't help but feel bad for him.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
So Gawker released (NSFW!) a clip from the long-rumored Hulk/Heather Clem sex tape yesterday ... what do you think the odds are that it gets mentioned at all on the Stern show?

I would say there's about a 75% chance that it comes up for about a minute before Howard squashes it with something like, "Well, the whole thing's kinda weird. I don't know what's going on there. [pause] [snort] [moves on to next topic]."

(Creepiest moment in the video: Bubba, who has apparently just ushered the happy couple into his bedroom, urges them to "do your thing; I'll be in my office if you need me".)

Edit: the clip is, of course, safe neither for work nor for your sanity.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

The only reason Howard was interested in Hogan was because he watched that lovely TV show his daughter had.

What I find creepier than Hulk loving Heather is the comment he makes at the end of the tape. His son's girlfriend has a twin sister and she said she wanted to date Hulk.

Can you imagine dating a girl who's sister wants to gently caress your dad?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

jimma posted:

So Gawker released (NSFW!) a clip from the long-rumored Hulk/Heather Clem sex tape yesterday ... what do you think the odds are that it gets mentioned at all on the Stern show?

I would say there's about a 75% chance that it comes up for about a minute before Howard squashes it with something like, "Well, the whole thing's kinda weird. I don't know what's going on there. [pause] [snort] [moves on to next topic]."

(Creepiest moment in the video: Bubba, who has apparently just ushered the happy couple into his bedroom, urges them to "do your thing; I'll be in my office if you need me".)

Edit: the clip is, of course, safe neither for work nor for your sanity.

Howard talked to Bubba a few months back when screenshots of the tape were leaked. Bubba denied everything. I bet Howard brings it up again and just says "I don't know what's going on with those guys down there." And that's it.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

The only reason Howard was interested in Hogan was because he watched that lovely TV show his daughter had.

What I find creepier than Hulk loving Heather is the comment he makes at the end of the tape. His son's girlfriend has a twin sister and she said she wanted to date Hulk.

Can you imagine dating a girl who's sister wants to gently caress your dad?

For the triplecreep, they both look like Brooke Hogan.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Man, Sour Shoes didn't look anything like I imagined him in my head. Also strange the first time I saw him, we has ejaculating. Thanks HowardTV!

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Man, Sour Shoes didn't look anything like I imagined him in my head. Also strange the first time I saw him, we has ejaculating. Thanks HowardTV!

He really is a decent looking guy.
If he weren't so weird I'd imagine he could be one of us.

Also his Gary impersonation is solid. I'd love for Sour to sit in on the wrap up show one day and see how long it takes for people to figure out the swap.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Manifest posted:

I'd love for Sour to sit in on the wrap up show one day and see how long it takes for people to figure out the swap.

The over/under is noine minutes.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Sand Monster posted:

About 15 years ago, there was a fireworks store out in the boonies that had a bikini contest with Gary as the M.C. I couldn't resist and had to attend. He actually did a good job, but I couldn't help but feel bad for him.

Gary has hustled on the side for over 2 decades now probably raking in an extra million dollars over the course of his life so I doubt he feels that bad.

At the end of the day, Gary will probably take a lower paying and far less stressful job for the last 5-7 years before he retires(he is 51) and be happy. I doubt he so desperately needs a 6 figure job and being able to go work in an environment where your boss isn't berating you in front of millions of people or having a guy whose job it basically is to harass you every waking hour like Sal is something I'm sure he'd welcome with a big smile.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
What is Bubba up to now? Does he still have a show? Are the same guys from Sirius still on it? I haven't heard anything of his since he left Sirius. I know he was on something called RadioIO(?)

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Ribsauce posted:

What is Bubba up to now? Does he still have a show? Are the same guys from Sirius still on it? I haven't heard anything of his since he left Sirius. I know he was on something called RadioIO(?)

He filmed Hogan loving Heather, fired most of his good staff, went to poo poo, and then (probably) leaked the Hogan tape so he could sell it to someone because as I've read it, he's broke.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Didn't someone figure out that his RadioIO-exclusive content, which is like an hour or two after his terrestrial show, get like 100 listeners at best?

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Manifest posted:

He filmed Hogan loving Heather, fired most of his good staff, went to poo poo, and then (probably) leaked the Hogan tape so he could sell it to someone because as I've read it, he's broke.

Once it's leaked on the internet, who is going to buy it? I think it's worthless now. Who ever was shopping the tape must have not been able to sell it because Hogan lawyer up. I think the person shopping it gave up on selling it and gave it away for free out of malice.

I don't see how Bubba or Hogan gain anything out of this at this point, so a third party must have had the tape.

I guess the only thing I can think of is that this was done to make Bubba's ex look bad, but it makes Bubba look just as bad.

Really weird.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CrazyAss13 posted:

Once it's leaked on the internet, who is going to buy it? I think it's worthless now. Who ever was shopping the tape must have not been able to sell it because Hogan lawyer up. I think the person shopping it gave up on selling it and gave it away for free out of malice.

I don't see how Bubba or Hogan gain anything out of this at this point, so a third party must have had the tape.

I guess the only thing I can think of is that this was done to make Bubba's ex look bad, but it makes Bubba look just as bad.

Really weird.

I think it's worse: it makes Hogan look even sadder, and does nothing for Heather or Bubba aside from making people laugh at them for being so pathetic. Who the gently caress releases sex tapes anymore except attention whores who have nothing else to do?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The sex tape is what made me wonder what he is up to. Who still works with him? Out of the gang where did the others end up?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ribsauce posted:

The sex tape is what made me wonder what he is up to. Who still works with him? Out of the gang where did the others end up?

Spice boy quit a while ago and has his own show on The Bone. Bubba just recently fired 25 cent after he told Bubba to gently caress off.

The show is now Manson/Ned, his sister Tara, and Brent.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Nick and Artie YouTube channel has a decent amount of content
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNickandArtieShow

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted
I'm just wondering how long it's going to be until the Beth Stern & John Stamos sex tape comes out.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Bonzo posted:

Look no further than how Jackie has fared post-Stern show. And Jackie's a professional "entertainer".

daveslash posted:

I'm just wondering how long it's going to be until the Beth Stern & John Stamos sex tape comes out.
For as much as Stern harps on every male celebrity who's engaged to get a prenup, there's no way that he and Beth don't have one. And I'm sure that part of the prenup is "If you [Beth] cheat on me, you get nothing." Or as close as legally possible to that anyway.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Personally, I dont think its Heather in that clip. I think its Janessa Brazil.
If you go all internet detective on the clip you realize that this event takes place after Nick's accident, but before the divorce. So that would put it between Sept and Nov of 2007.
If you go back and read some Bubba show recaps from those months you learn Janessa is in town staying at Bubba's house and most likely multiple mixins have happened between Bubba, Janessa and Heather.

Heather and Janessa look similar enough to not be able to tell the difference between them in a video like that.

Now, do I think Bubba would offer her up to Hulk? Yes. He is a Hogan mark. But, I would hope Hogan wouldnt do that to Bubba. Hogan was his best man and is Tyler's God Father.

My theory is that Bubba was not allowed to gently caress Janessa without Heather. Heather found the video and heard the line about how "they just hosed today"
That caused the downward spiral leading to Heather loving her spin instructor.

Edit-
Well gently caress that, I guess its Heather.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/10/hulk-hogan-sex-tape-video-woman-heather-clem

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 7, 2012

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Did I hear right that Hulk is going to be on Howard's show on Tuesday? They have a PPV coming up and no way can Stern let this go.

Fist
Sep 16, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Did I hear right that Hulk is going to be on Howard's show on Tuesday? They have a PPV coming up and no way can Stern let this go.

It'll be k5'd cause lawyer'n up

Edit: kayfabe rather

Fist fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 7, 2012

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

The Nick and Artie YouTube channel has a decent amount of content
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNickandArtieShow

From Friday night, a role-reversal bit with Artie, Bocchetti and the Twins:

http://youtu.be/AOTiYUEvLiQ

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
I was just staring at the thread title and just realized it applies to us and Howard

:duh:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Haha until I read that post I literally never thought even once that thread title applied to Howard.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

quote:

Howard And Beth Adopt Another Cat. 10/08/12. 6:20am

Ahahahaha... Can't wait to listen to today's show.

INSERT COIN
Sep 26, 2007

chiz posted:

I was just staring at the thread title and just realized it applies to us and Howard

:duh:

There is literally nothing funnier than a neurotic, complaining Jewish man.

And in that spirit I need to vent about the wrap up show. Not from today, not from yesterday, but every loving wrap up show. It's simply as far as anything could be from entertaining and I blame that entirely on the incessant arguing. I get that they think screaming at each other and perpetuating drama is funny, but beyond about 30 seconds I just tune out.

Don't get me wrong, hearing the guys bust each others balls or get ripped new assholes on the Stern show is almost always gold but this is why Howard is Howard and the extras are that. Nobody admits their errors. Nobody relents. Everyone wants to be right. It's completely unfunny anarchy. I wish I could remember what the topic was but I swear they went on screaming at each other for literally 3 days in a row once. Jesus Christ.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Ahahahaha... Can't wait to listen to today's show.

Sam Simon was right, the third cat is the tipping point. I bet their houses smell awful.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Was anybody sitting in the Shuli chair today?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Sam Simon was right, the third cat is the tipping point. I bet their houses smell awful.

I briefly had three cats. If you stay on top of the litterboxes, and vacuum/dust every day there's no more smell than with one cat.
That said, three cats is A LOT of cat.
But I say this as a guy with three dogs so I'm probably encroaching on Debbie the Pet lady territory now.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

I briefly had three cats. If you stay on top of the litterboxes, and vacuum/dust every day there's no more smell than with one cat.
That said, three cats is A LOT of cat.
But I say this as a guy with three dogs so I'm probably encroaching on Debbie the Pet lady territory now.

Please tell me you have a proper yard. I would love to have a dog, but I like bigger, wolf-looking dogs, and you need a yard for those guys. :smith:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

prefect posted:

Please tell me you have a proper yard. I would love to have a dog, but I like bigger, wolf-looking dogs, and you need a yard for those guys. :smith:

I have a house with a back yard, which for Los Angeles is rare.
Two of my dogs were my wife's before we got married, an 8 year old dachsund/chihuahua and a 2 year old terrier mutt.
We recently rescued a 13 year old pit mix who is constantly at death's door, so we try to give him lots of affection, though I fear we'll have to put him down soon.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

We recently rescued a 13 year old pit mix who is constantly at death's door, so we try to give him lots of affection, though I fear we'll have to put him down soon.

Ouch. You have my sympathies. I still get depressed when I think about my childhood dogs; it can get so sad, it's one of the reasons I'm almost glad I don't have pets any more.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I have two cats that we adopted about 10 years ago and a newborn. My poor cats are so out of sorts with the tiny noise machine we've introduced, that we had to have our vet give one of them an anti-anxiety shot. The animals are stressing me out more than my son, to be perfectly honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Was anybody sitting in the Shuli chair today?
Please don't call it that...it gives me harrible "douche chills."