Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Well crap. I tried to order my Birdemic tickets and they are already sold out. I'm going to have to drive 20+ miles to the theater now. I don't see why my local theater can't provide a second screen or at least one of the larger screens. They always stick us in the smallest screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah, really? I've been to a few of the RiffTrax Live events, and while all of them have been packed, they've never been sold out, even on the day of. That's pretty crazy.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I think it has to do with the location. It's easily the closest one to Pittsburgh. It's just a little south west of the city so its most of the city and the other major towns. The other cinema is north east of the city and much farther away.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

therealjon_ posted:

EDIT: Wait, this is supposed to be three movies? They seem to have wrapped it up all well and good already.

Three MORE movies.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this? posted:

Three MORE movies.

Yeah, Catching Fire, Mockingjay Part 1 and Mockingjay Part 2 :negative:

Not that the first one was bad, because it wasn't, but it was enough. We don't really need to see these characters again, but hey, movie studios like money.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The second book will make a great movie if handled right.

The third book is terrible and there's no reason to split it into two parts.

:negative:

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Harry Potter and Twilight have set a horrible precedent - now it's going to be 'acceptable' for studios to take a popular book series and break it's last movie into two parts.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What makes me especially irate is they gave Twilight the two part treatment and NOTHING HAPPENS, but like 60% of Game of Thrones is cut to squeeze it into a 10 hour format.

:ughh:

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
"They crossed Woody Harrelson with Kurt Cobain! His folksy angst will kill us all!"

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Hows The Last Airbender Riff? I really want to listen to it but I don't want to buy The Last Airbender, curse you Mike Nelson!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Slasherfan posted:

Hows The Last Airbender Riff? I really want to listen to it but I don't want to buy The Last Airbender, curse you Mike Nelson!

The movie, of course, sucked, but the riffing was excellent. Even a little brutal. As for M. Night, you have to get The Happening.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Mister Kingdom posted:

The movie, of course, sucked, but the riffing was excellent. Even a little brutal. As for M. Night, you have to get The Happening.

That's another one I want to get but again don't want to own the DVD.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
New VOD!

The Guy from Harlem is the first blaxploitation film we’ve ever riffed. Why? To quote the temperamental yet ultimately quite sensitive gangster Harry De Bauld, a character you will grow to love as much as we do - “well, it’s...it’s kinda personal.” Okay it’s not actually personal at all, it’s just that the movie is really, really funny. It trades most of the sleaze, grime, and, well, exploitation that you expect from the genre for dopiness, sexual situations that fail to lead to actual sex, a clumsy confused sweetness, and more botched lines per minute than anything we’ve ever seen.

As you’d expect from the title, The Guy from Harlem is set entirely in Miami. The makers of Casablanca almost used the same approach, with early drafts titled The Dude from Somewhere Other Than Casablanca. It’s the story of private eye and titular Guy, Al Connors. Al’s a man with such a reputation that when it’s time to protect an African queen/princess/wife of a chief of state (her title changes pretty much every time it comes up) the CIA goes straight to his dingy shag-carpeted office and begs for help. Later, when gangster Harry De Bauld’s daughter is kidnapped by the sinister Big Daddy, and his own criminal organization is just “too upset!” about the whole thing to deal with the situation, where do you think he goes? That’s right. To the guy who’s the best at being from Harlem there is, baby.

Join Mike (what you say?), Kevin (that cat’s a bad duuuude), and Bill (get on down!) for The Guy from Harlem!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Once you go blaxploitation, you don't go back.

The Guy From Harlem now available as a VOD.

drat you, Ensign Ricky! :argh:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bought the instant I saw it.

EDIT: I like how they have an intro with the guys, then 5 minutes of nothing, then the movie just starts.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 4, 2012

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Slasherfan posted:

I think The Happening can be watched without the Rifftrax. The movie is just so dumb and ridiculous that you will enjoy it either way.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

therealjon_ posted:

Bought the instant I saw it.

EDIT: I like how they have an intro with the guys, then 5 minutes of nothing, then the movie just starts.

Yep. Rifftrax + Blaxpo = sold.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Slasherfan posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if you could find it in the $5 bin at Walmart. Or maybe your local library has a copy. Either way, it's worth a look.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Mister Kingdom posted:

Once you go blaxploitation, you don't go back.

The Guy From Harlem now available as a VOD.

drat you, Ensign Ricky! :argh:

Shut yo' mouth!

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

Slasherfan posted:

It's still on Netflix Instant (though you probably would've looked there first if you had it). It is a Good Riff and I recommend it if you're willing to buy/rent the DVD.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
As part of my Rifftrax-a-thon, I'm up to The Star Wars Holiday Special.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again, "What the ever-loving gently caress is this?"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mister Kingdom posted:

As part of my Rifftrax-a-thon, I'm up to The Star Wars Holiday Special.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again, "What the ever-loving gently caress is this?"

The best Rifftrax I've heard, still.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The best Rifftrax I've heard, still.

Oh, it's a great Rifftrax, but goddamn.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Still want to buy a Tobor.

Ajax 99
Jul 14, 2006
Kibbles 'n bits? I think not!
Buglord
Mike, Kevin & Bill spend 15 minutes talking about their latest VOD (The Guy From Harlem):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmMqZIH7idQ&feature=plcp

Yeah, I'm gonna have to buy this.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Oh, it's a great Rifftrax, but goddamn.
The Oogieloves movie makes me think of Star Wars Holiday Special, due to the sheer misguidedness of the whole thing. I hope they don't do a riff of oogies though, because then I'd have to watch it.. :I

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Rirse posted:

Still want to buy a Tobor.

Tobor is Robot, spelled backwards. :colbert:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ajax 99 posted:

Mike, Kevin & Bill spend 15 minutes talking about their latest VOD (The Guy From Harlem):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmMqZIH7idQ&feature=plcp

Yeah, I'm gonna have to buy this.

Oh God, I love these "Talkin' Rifftrax" segments. So awesome. :allears:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Cross-Section posted:

Tobor is Robot, spelled backwards. :colbert:

SHOPPER is BUYTOBOR spelled backwards :colbert:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

SHOPPER is BUYTOBOR spelled backwards :colbert:

Enter discount code (wookie noise)

Or in the adverts for the pantihose...

"Mala wears them, shouldn't you?"

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That still my favorite rifftrax. The commerical riffs probably my favorite part, even through I do love whenever one of the awful Holocron cutaways happened and they just have no idea what to even say about them.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Anacin, not Anakin the whiny child of Shmil.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

O.M.G.
Birdemic is on Netflix instant. I want to watch, but I don't want the magic ruined for when I watch it in theaters.

PS: still haven't ordered my tickets. Probably gonna do that right now.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Rirse posted:

That still my favorite rifftrax. The commerical riffs probably my favorite part, even through I do love whenever one of the awful Holocron cutaways happened and they just have no idea what to even say about them.

The commercial riffs are possibly better than modern medicine. I wish there was a way for a riff to be composed of nothing but old commercials.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Liar Lyre posted:

O.M.G.
Birdemic is on Netflix instant. I want to watch, but I don't want the magic ruined for when I watch it in theaters.

PS: still haven't ordered my tickets. Probably gonna do that right now.

They've stated that they're re-writing it so they won't be re-using any riffs (kind of like how they've done other Live riffs of things they've done before.)

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

muscles like this? posted:

They've stated that they're re-writing it so they won't be re-using any riffs (kind of like how they've done other Live riffs of things they've done before.)
I know that. I'm talking about the horror of the film itself. I saw two clips. Bad clip art compositing and the boardroom scene. I don't want any more of the magic ruined.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Liar Lyre posted:

I know that. I'm talking about the horror of the film itself. I saw two clips. Bad clip art compositing and the boardroom scene. I don't want any more of the magic ruined.

Which boardroom scene? There's two.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Which boardroom scene? There's two.
There's two?!?!? Oh man. This will be great. I saw the one where it's people clapping for about 2-3 minutes. And a guy air humps another guy. It was magical. :allears:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Liar Lyre posted:

There's two?!?!? Oh man. This will be great. I saw the one where it's people clapping for about 2-3 minutes. And a guy air humps another guy. It was magical. :allears:

That air hump will give you air herpes. The other one features Rod unable to pronounce the phrase "solar panels", and is probably one of the most famous scenes in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Guy from Harlem is basically almost the Birdemic of Blaxploitation. It's absolutely ridiculous. One of my favorites now.

• Locked thread