Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

in other news http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1649827049/kerfluffles-marshmallows-all-natural-handmade-yumm/

i backed that at $60 and when they finally get delivered i'm going to win some serious brownie points at the office :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

ian just remember that it is not too late to DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
the pebble watch has made TEN MILLION DOLLERZ without shipping a product http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android

got dat wmd fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 5, 2012

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

got dat wmd posted:

the pebble watch has made TEN MILLION DOLLERZ without having shipping a product http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android

yes but i believe in marshmallows

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

got dat wmd posted:

the pebble watch has made TEN MILLION DOLLERZ without shipping a product http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android

an ugly rear end plastic watch which runs android only for 150

r u 4 fukken real

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
still waiting on my pebble :o:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

flyboi posted:

still waiting on my pebble :o:

:pwn:

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

mods pls do the needful, this thread made a good run of it

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
oh man i can't believe I missed that ian guy

"we actually do use javascript for a lot of stuff"

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

Wirth1000 posted:

r u 4 fukken real
Pebble doesn't run Android, it uses a custom embedded OS and the apps are written in C.

Ten million seems high, but they're not stupid enough to write their OS in Java, so maybe it'll happen.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
ian is a sophomore philosphy major at a middlin' tier state school in the northeast. why did anyone think he could pull down several hundred thousand dollars to fund his dream?

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
please dont schoolshame

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

r u 4 fukken real

heres where ur wrong, the android shitwatch is already on the market and goes for 349 us dollers

http://www.imwatch.it/us-en/eshop

hth

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

im twat

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

ian is a sophomore philosphy major at a middlin' tier state school in the northeast. why did anyone think he could pull down several hundred thousand dollars to fund his dream?

i think only one person ever really thought this could happen

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Pierogi posted:

heres where ur wrong, the android shitwatch is already on the market and goes for 349 us dollers

http://www.imwatch.it/us-en/eshop

hth

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

shrek im watch

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

maniacdevnull posted:

shrek im watch

lol

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

maniacdevnull posted:

shrek im watch

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

maniacdevnull posted:

shrek im watch

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

unixbeard posted:

ian why dont you think of another idea, this time pick one that has a clear path to being economically viable and that is relatively quick to get off the ground.

ian should focus on cs grad school and forget any of this kickstarter poo poo until he understands something

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Proteus4994 posted:

ian should focus on cs grad school and forget any of this kickstarter poo poo until he understands something

i was gunna tell him that but then i thought it was funnier not to

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

The intro class is Python. I just wanted some formal programming training for best practices.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
did you just... lmao you really did

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Ian McLean posted:

The intro class is Python. I just wanted some formal programming training for best practices.

kickstart a quantum computer

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Ian McLean posted:

hey please stop throwing around phrases like "best practices" willy nilly like you know what you're talking about

Nick Cage
Dec 5, 2005

ROCK & ROLL GAS STATION
turn left ian

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
stats. are those stats.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
NICE COURSES MATE

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
so this education, how much is it costing youhahahahaaaaaaaaaaa gently caress it's not funny

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
if you majour in computers in college ur never gettin puss ever

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

Dr. Honked posted:

so this education, how much is it costing youhahahahaaaaaaaaaaa gently caress it's not funny

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
education should really be free

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Dr. Honked posted:

Government pays for it.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm happy about that ian

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm happy about that ian

I am happy too actually. So... I guess I can say thank you government. They have those performance targets, but it keeps me going I suppose. Perhaps if my performance exceeds expectations I can get more funding.

I feel like I have become a product of this system. Whatever.

I will take the money, and just keep doing good. It is what it is.

I will tell you though...

I could definitely use an exceeds expectations bonus right now. That is for sure.

:)

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

I don't want to be unfair in case english is not your first language but your writing is making me picture a new borderlands enemy. it is the NRD Loader and features huge glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
dont stop believing ian

• Locked thread