Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

An0 posted:

Zinc mix is up on fact : http://www.factmag.com/2012/09/24/fact-mix-348-dj-zinc/

Y'all listen to the new Dusk&Blackdown yet? I must say I didn't find it very exciting - the High Roads EP was much more enjoyable.

(Video for the previous album : http://vimeo.com/1467214)

I've still not got the new Dusk & Blackdown one, though purely from samples etc it doesn't sound quite as good as Margins Music, which was really good. Actually the front cover of the new LP isn't the most inspiring of things. It's a bit like the Scuba album in that it kinda looks like they've nicked it off one of the House albums from the late-90s early-00s that I have in the stash.

Video for the song Apoptosis off the new album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFfqk3v5-o

Another one I haven't heard is the new Uncle Dugs Rinse CD. Luckily I have an excuse for this one as it's only just out today. I will pick it up though because the tracklisting is pretty good (though I'd have gone a bit more on the obscure side, but hey who can say no to the sound of music?). It's Hardcore/Jungle, it's Dugs, what more do you want?

Oh you want T. Williams doing the next Rinse CD? Sure that's happening, but not 'til November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Bit of an odd choice since I don't hear T. Williams on Rinse that much (though maybe that's because his show's at a dumb time for Americans). Still waiting on an MA1 or Perempay/Cure Rinse CD (I guess Perempay got in on the I Love Funky ones, but still).

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Mike_V posted:

Bit of an odd choice since I don't hear T. Williams on Rinse that much (though maybe that's because his show's at a dumb time for Americans). Still waiting on an MA1 or Perempay/Cure Rinse CD (I guess Perempay got in on the I Love Funky ones, but still).

He's pretty regular I think. I always forget about the time difference. It's a pretty smart move I guess, considering he's just signed and delivered a single on PMR which'll probably get him noticed a lot.

A Perempay one would be great, though I still want a Heatwave mix, or even something a bit less known like a GV Clive one (who's someone I've listened to since he started on Rinse I think, or near enough anyway).

Rinse is still doing their 18 year special videos, today's a real interesting one actually with Give Up Art, who do all the designwork for the whole thing. The work done by GUA was part of the reason why the likes of Tempa made a big impact with me. Really sleek and well done, proper uniformed up. And definitely still of the Garage thing, like D&B had like a visual style to me (like with Metro, Metalheadz or Renegade Hardware it was all techy, cgi-y, digital industrial and poo poo), but when you look at the artwork on a Garage release (a Locked On or Public Demand) it tended to be a bit simpler and cleaner and Tempa really continued that I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETybqPsMHP4

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

He's pretty regular I think. I always forget about the time difference. It's a pretty smart move I guess, considering he's just signed and delivered a single on PMR which'll probably get him noticed a lot.

A Perempay one would be great, though I still want a Heatwave mix, or even something a bit less known like a GV Clive one (who's someone I've listened to since he started on Rinse I think, or near enough anyway).

lol, ya, there are whole groups of people I never ever hear on Rinse because it's like on at lunchtime GMT. Never heard GV Clive (always hear his name on the ads for parties though) and I assume he's an afternoon person. I would occasionally hear SK Vibemaker one semester when I had to be up at 9 AM. Is he still on?

Basically, Rinse starts with Drivetime with Julie (hit or miss for me) and ends with the beginning of the Breakfast Show with Tinea (although I don't listen to it anymore since Scratcha left).

Also, J:Kenzo has an album out now, I guess. I've always liked him.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 24, 2012

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Mike_V posted:

lol, ya, there are whole groups of people I never ever hear on Rinse because it's like on at lunchtime GMT. Never heard GV Clive (always hear his name on the ads for parties though) and I assume he's an afternoon person. I would occasionally hear SK Vibemaker one semester when I had to be up at 9 AM. Is he still on?

Basically, Rinse starts with Drivetime with Julie (hit or miss for me) and ends with the beginning of the Breakfast Show with Tinea (although I don't listen to it anymore since Scratcha left).

Also, J:Kenzo has an album out now, I guess. I've always liked him.

Yeah Good Vibe Clive is Saturday mornings. SK is still on.

Honestly it's just wierd the time difference. It could really gently caress up the vibe I guess. Like I remember when Mark Radford did his Rinse mix and I was saying his stuff was decent like, getting ready to go out music, then someone from the States thought that sounded crazy as they said it was on there at noon or something! Just puts a completely different spin on things, for better or worse sometimes.

Do they still just replay the podcasts between like 3am and 8am or whenever? That's what they used to do I think, way back when I was up all the time during the anti-social hours of the night.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Yeah Good Vibe Clive is Saturday mornings. SK is still on.

Honestly it's just wierd the time difference. It could really gently caress up the vibe I guess. Like I remember when Mark Radford did his Rinse mix and I was saying his stuff was decent like, getting ready to go out music, then someone from the States thought that sounded crazy as they said it was on there at noon or something! Just puts a completely different spin on things, for better or worse sometimes.

Do they still just replay the podcasts between like 3am and 8am or whenever? That's what they used to do I think, way back when I was up all the time during the anti-social hours of the night.

Ha, yeah that was me. Sort of sucks since I'm left with the super late night stuff when I'm getting ready to go out which is usually deep/tech house and I'm not looking for that early in the evening.

They also replay old shows from 3-8, but lately it seems like everytime it's been from their Fabric party a couple months ago. I have basically memorized Julie, Sian, and Tinea's little dialogue backstage at this point. Wish they would mix things up a bit, have a rotation of old shows that gets updated regularly.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Rinse is still doing their 18 year special videos, today's a real interesting one actually with Give Up Art, who do all the designwork for the whole thing. The work done by GUA was part of the reason why the likes of Tempa made a big impact with me. Really sleek and well done, proper uniformed up. And definitely still of the Garage thing, like D&B had like a visual style to me (like with Metro, Metalheadz or Renegade Hardware it was all techy, cgi-y, digital industrial and poo poo), but when you look at the artwork on a Garage release (a Locked On or Public Demand) it tended to be a bit simpler and cleaner and Tempa really continued that I think.

I still need to check the videos, but I've been a fan of the Tempa artwork since their early releases. Recently followed GUA and Shaun Bloodworth on Instagram too.

The early Metro and Virus, plus late 90s / early 00s Metalheadz and Ram sleeves were done by Jon Black at Magnet Design and/or photography by The Plainclothesman, who was the younger brother of Optical and Matrix.

http://www.magnetstudio.com/

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

SUBFRIES posted:

I still need to check the videos, but I've been a fan of the Tempa artwork since their early releases. Recently followed GUA and Shaun Bloodworth on Instagram too.

The early Metro and Virus, plus late 90s / early 00s Metalheadz and Ram sleeves were done by Jon Black at Magnet Design and/or photography by The Plainclothesman, who was the younger brother of Optical and Matrix.

http://www.magnetstudio.com/

Ah yeah, I knew it was something like that. The power of nepotism, cannae beat it! That kind of design is just like properly stamped in my brain as the default "this is a D&B sleeve" style.

The other designer I used to really like was Nick Purser, who did a bunch of stuff for Grand Central (including the cover of that great Rob Smith solo album) as well as Good Looking. He did all the Earth covers I believe plus the Cookin' Records stuff.

While I have zero problems with the good ol' plain black discobag, there's something to be said about having some good artwork and good design behind everything. Of course that costs money I guess, so it probably ends up one of the first things cut.

Debunk
Aug 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The Rinse 18th birthday show at the Warehouse Project is going to be streamed on the boiler room for those that haven't heard. Definitely not something to be missed.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
Speaking of Rinse podcasts, I've been waiting for the Newham Generals set to get posted after I caught the last half of the show on Sunday. Proper grime ting.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Big video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GdXovW32pw

Urulu - 1991

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Videos videos everywhere, but not a 12" in sight. The future is a terrible place.

Ah well, at least I have a pile of old Strictly Rhythm and Cajual plates to keep me warm. The only other thing I've actually heard of Urulu is that cut off that Young Adults EP (which I really noticed for the LOL Boys track off it).

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

I tbh think this video is not that interesting or cool.

What's up with this weird resurgence of what sound like twisted demos of NY Garage House? Like yes Bicep is cool or w/e and this is cool or w/e (i like bicep and this track kind of - just not the video), but like, there are thousands of tracks that basically sound like this, but better. Like I'd rather listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNyLMcYgTLQ because they have a vocalist and imho the track just sounds better? Oh well, now let's get ready for a garage house resurgence, thanks mosca.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

a milk crime posted:

What's up with this weird resurgence of what sound like twisted demos of NY Garage House? ...... but like, there are thousands of tracks that basically sound like this, but better..

If you read the description that is under the video I posted they address this. And as I'm sure you know these tunes have been popping up for like the last year. THE 90s ARE BACK AND CLEANER THAN EVER!

edit: This tune may have been posted but it's my favorite faux-retro track of this year

WK7 - Do it Yourself
http://youtu.be/M81tpU4Nj08

Maguro fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 28, 2012

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Maguro posted:

THE 90s ARE BACK AND CLEANER THAN EVER!

Oh too true. So clean, so so clean. If you ask me a proper NY/NJ Garage tune should be a bit risque, a bit dirty. Sweaty, funky and just sleazy enough. Perfection.

One thing I like about the Power House stuff is even the label art does a good job a being retro.

plogo
Jan 20, 2009

a milk crime posted:

I tbh think this video is not that interesting or cool.

What's up with this weird resurgence of what sound like twisted demos of NY Garage House? Like yes Bicep is cool or w/e and this is cool or w/e (i like bicep and this track kind of - just not the video), but like, there are thousands of tracks that basically sound like this, but better. Like I'd rather listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNyLMcYgTLQ because they have a vocalist and imho the track just sounds better? Oh well, now let's get ready for a garage house resurgence, thanks mosca.

I mean this has been going on for a long time... they've been playing dubs of 90s ny/nj house at panorama for years or at least from what I can tell from the mixes of prosumer and cassie and stuff. As for producers are you familiar with underground paris? He's been making this stuff for a few years now along with others from France. You also have to bear in mind that there are tons of people from older generations who grew up on this stuff in places like ny and england, and still party at stuff like body & soul and the southport weekender. It's also easy to forget this but not so long ago Kerri Chandler and Dennis Ferrar were putting out stuff that I think would be considered direct descendants of the 90s new jersey house sound that had broad appeal at mainstream clubs on the international stage. Further, in New York even amongst the average person older person who doesn't go to clubs there will be some familiarity with 90s garage as if you listen to throwback stations like wbls they play classic new jersey tracks like follow me pretty regularly. (Also no one in new york calls this stuff garage, it's deep house.) But even amongst the younger generation this sound has had a big presence even if it has gone unnoticed amongst resident advisor and dissensus until more recently. Trendy places like le bain and submercer have djs playing 90s ny /nj house quite regularly mixed in with other popular sounds of the day from people like Eli Escobar, Jacques Renault etc. Heck, I saw on twitter that citizen kane and prince language played at the boom boom room, and they are intimately familiar with house of all kind. This is of course, not even getting into the more underground house scene in New York.

I'm not sure what mosca has to do with anything as I don't really know who he is other than some rinse dj that hai and mike_v blabber about occasionally. Maybe bass scene djs have began copycatting this movement at a large scale or something, and certainty people like julio bashmore are making music in this tradition very well, but even without that, this music would be made and has been being made.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

plogo posted:

I mean this has been going on for a long time... they've been playing dubs of 90s ny/nj house at panorama for years or at least from what I can tell from the mixes of prosumer and cassie and stuff. ...(Also no one in new york calls this stuff garage, it's deep house.)...even if it has gone unnoticed amongst resident advisor and dissensus until more recently....This is of course, not even getting into the more underground house scene in New York.
Thanks for the info + insight! I haven't ever listened to/heard of Underground Paris, but I will add him to the list. Yeah, I'm a big RA reader bc I live in the middle of nowhere, so I'm not really familiar at all with the New York scene - of course I'd like to know a lot more, but I'm not sure really where to start other than with what I know, etc.

quote:

I'm not sure what mosca has to do with anything as I don't really know who he is other than some rinse dj that hai and mike_v blabber about occasionally. Maybe bass scene djs have began copycatting this movement at a large scale or something, and certainty people like julio bashmore are making music in this tradition very well, but even without that, this music would be made and has been being made.

Yeah that's really about it. Mosca had a big hit last year with "Bax" and it was basically speed garage. Yeah, totally was clueless, thanks.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

a milk crime posted:

Thanks for the info + insight! I haven't ever listened to/heard of Underground Paris, but I will add him to the list.

Yeah he also runs the label My Love Is Underground which has been putting out some really good releases over the past year or two. Strangely enough I see that label almost like a Glaswegian label. It has the same kind of vibes that the House scene in this city had over 10 years ago, especially the Glasgow Underground label (recently re-activated too!).

While I was a lot younger then, I still remember the Glasgow House scene at the time being very like TransAtlantic-Continental if that makes any sense. Very New York meets Paris. You had the likes of Romanthony and Mateo & Matos meeting say, Pascal & Mr Day and Daft Punk (remembering DP first signed to Soma over here before they got famous). I remember all that recent(ish) French stuff being picked up here really early too. Well they did always say Glasgow was built on shipping and trade, maybe why the town used to kinda not be the best place for London/down south music.

plogo posted:

I mean this has been going on for a long time... they've been playing dubs of 90s ny/nj house at panorama for years or at least from what I can tell from the mixes of prosumer and cassie and stuff. As for producers are you familiar with underground paris? He's been making this stuff for a few years now along with others from France. You also have to bear in mind that there are tons of people from older generations who grew up on this stuff in places like ny and england, and still party at stuff like body & soul and the southport weekender. It's also easy to forget this but not so long ago Kerri Chandler... (Also no one in new york calls this stuff garage, it's deep house.)

Yeah the US Garage and House stuff was big over here. Like when I was a kid I remember my sister of all people listening to like Kim English, George Morel and Strictly Rhythm stuff and all that. And that's my bloody sister who probably still doesn't know there are radio stations outside Radio 1 and Clyde 1. I guess you can blame a lot of that on Dave Lee who I think really pushed that sound in the UK.

Well it's good to know it's still popular in NY (and is UK/Speed Garage still just as hated there?). I think being over here in the UK you do get a bit blinded when you figure out how much stuff was selling over here, you forget it was doing just as well across the Atlantic where it's home was. Also don't forget Kerri Chandler was about doing his thing when the US Garage thing was getting big. I always forget he's been about for long times now. Such a genius.

Actually probably one of the first times I ran into Kerri Chandler (record wise I mean) was when I first started buying vinyl. As much as I go on about Rubadub records here, I used to shop at 23rd Precinct who were about since like the 60s but closed down a few years ago sadly. Anyway they mostly did utter shite like Trance, Prog House and Happy Hardcore (this being like the turn of the millenium so you know can picture what I'm talking about), but they did have a cracking US House/garage section. All your King Street, Ibadan, Large, Nervous, not to mention UK stuff like Slip 'N' Slide etc.

Never did buy too much though, too young, too poor and the UK thing really took a hold of me, but man do I wish I had a time machine now. The stuff I look back and wish I had bought. I guess there's always Discogs, but when I do that I feel like one of those guys who've heard like the Roots of El-B/Dubstep comps and think they know all about 2-Step. I know deep down in my soul I just wasn't cool enough! Should've hustled harder!

Though I make up in the coolness factor by automatically knowing the bassline to Follow Me off by heart (though who doesn't?).

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I might be a bit late to the party but the latest A1 Bassline EP absolutely slays. This track made me literally go "oh gently caress" on first listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ykrurcOgw

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-episode.aspx?id=331

if you haven't been listening to this then wake up

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

Weaponized Cum posted:

I might be a bit late to the party but the latest A1 Bassline EP absolutely slays. This track made me literally go "oh gently caress" on first listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ykrurcOgw

Yup, that one's killer

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Here's another free tune I just uploaded, I like this one a bit better :)
http://soundcloud.com/djchumpchange/opener

CHUMP CHANGE - OPENER

I got sick of the other tune i uploaded so i got rid of it. Check this one!

Maguro fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 6, 2012

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
The new Major Notes Rokit/O'Beasity single on IG Culture's Holy Rollers label is pretty drat funky. There's nanty on Youtube yet so you get the record store link.

I think this is actually the first proper vinyl release he's had. There was a couple of digital only releases last year which were way too good to be digital only.

Also the new Photek album is on the way at the end of the month, which somehow caught me by surprise. I'm excited for this, the fact I really liked his DJ-Kicks mix is hyping me up proper about it. But I know a lot of you guys haven't been too keen on the recent Photek stuff. I just really like the kind of super hi-fi full fat thing he's got going. If it ends up half as good as Solaris I'll be a happy. I don't see a Robert Owens track though which is a shame. Ah well, can't have it all.

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

I don't see a Robert Owens track though which is a shame. Ah well, can't have it all.

There could be. I don't knooooooooooooooooooooowwwww

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

New Reso mix on Electronic Explorations... Dear God I'm looking forward to his album.

http://electronicexplorations.org/?show=reso

pack it yo
Aug 6, 2007
I have been searching for this song for well over a year now, since the girl whose tumblr it was on changed her page up.

It seems that no one can identify this song. I'm just really loving excited to have found it again and have it downloaded on my computer. Even if no one knows the artist or song title, can anyone pinpoint what type of music this is? I would like to find more like it.
I like the creepiness, the pace, the piano, the ambiance... I thought maybe it was "dark step," but mostly everything I find under that name is too fast paced.

http://felicelilithfawn.tumblr.com/...895229914#notes

Cross-posted from Identify Songs Megathread; I was told maybe you guys could help me out.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Edit: New link http://felicelilithfawn.tumblr.com/post/16895229914

pack it yo fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 5, 2012

Debunk
Aug 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm getting pretty bored of this house-y stuff. Not rude enough for me I guess. I've been digging a little deeper into grime, mostly the instrumental stuff, and I'm feelin' it a lot more than most of the 130 tracks. If anyone can suggest stuff like Preditah, Champion or Darq E Freaker I'd appreciate it. I'm sure most of you have heard it, but for those that haven't:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bpg-NqSttA

pack it: your link doesn't seem to be working

e: just heard this, holy poo poo it's massive and forward-thinking http://soundcloud.com/dawndaynight/dawndaynight-ep

Debunk fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 5, 2012

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Debunk posted:

I'm getting pretty bored of this house-y stuff. Not rude enough for me I guess. I've been digging a little deeper into grime, mostly the instrumental stuff, and I'm feelin' it a lot more than most of the 130 tracks. If anyone can suggest stuff like Preditah, Champion or Darq E Freaker I'd appreciate it. I'm sure most of you have heard it, but for those that haven't:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bpg-NqSttA

pack it: your link doesn't seem to be working

e: just heard this, holy poo poo it's massive and forward-thinking http://soundcloud.com/dawndaynight/dawndaynight-ep

Well since you already know of the likes of Champion and Preditah etc then the obvious thing is Butterz and all the stuff from that whole crew. Their (Elijah & Skilliam) Rinse CD is excellent, as is their Rinse show (which you can catch live or download the sets on Rinse). Catch Swindle on Rinse too actually.

Actually Butterz just done the last Rinse 18 year Youtube video thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVSbfo41WU

Like Debunk said, linky no working man. Get it up and running and I'll have a listen.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Ran through Core's soundcloud today, and wow I can't wait until this release. Heavy.
http://soundcloud.com/coregrimey/lab013-civil-war

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

Footsie dropped his ZB2 like a month ago with some good grime originals. I think it's up there behind Frisco - Back 2 Da Lab 4 in best grime releases this year. Cool vid with D Double E for Showers too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i375oWv-Mck

air- posted:

Ran through Core's soundcloud today, and wow I can't wait until this release. Heavy.
http://soundcloud.com/coregrimey/lab013-civil-war

This is sick, the bass is so wavy.

GET MONEY fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 6, 2012

Waarg
Apr 21, 2005

Thrashing in the waves

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Well since you already know of the likes of Champion and Preditah etc then the obvious thing is Butterz and all the stuff from that whole crew. Their (Elijah & Skilliam) Rinse CD is excellent, as is their Rinse show (which you can catch live or download the sets on Rinse). Catch Swindle on Rinse too actually.
They're touring right now too. I caught them in Brighton tonight and it was sick. Here is a mix they did to promote the tour:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/c8y7yj

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Can anyone ID the instro on this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDjoVyX66iA&t=85s

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Does anyone around these parts listen to Big Gigantic? I'm not even sure this would be the right thread but I just caught them for the third time last weekend at their Red Rocks show and they continue to be one of my favorite acts. Livetronica with glorious, glorious saxophone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7GxCyxYPEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ZmzTDu09U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grgnDDXJI7A

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

This is killing me cause I've heard it so many times but can't remember any details. I'm pretty sure its either DOK or maybe Terror Danjah if that helps. The Butterz guys played it a lot a year or so back.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Rotten rear end Joe posted:

Does anyone around these parts listen to Big Gigantic? I'm not even sure this would be the right thread but I just caught them for the third time last weekend at their Red Rocks show and they continue to be one of my favorite acts. Livetronica with glorious, glorious saxophone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7GxCyxYPEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ZmzTDu09U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grgnDDXJI7A

This sounds like typical Doctor P/Flux Pavilion type tear-out stuff which isn't that bad but I would absolutely never see any act that does the "livetronica" poo poo.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not a Terror Danjah track since I don't hear any gremlinz tag on it. Might be DOK, but I checked my library and it isn't any that i have.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

JamesKPolk posted:

This is killing me cause I've heard it so many times but can't remember any details.

Same, bashing ma head against the desk here. I know it, gently caress I'm half way there I just can't connect it. Ain't new though, that all dayer was ages ago if it's what I'm thinking of. Like years ago ages, 2005 or 06. gently caress Rhythm Division's been gone for a good few years now at least.

I keep thinking of that Dizzee tune, the one with D Double E off Run The Road, but it ain't. Close though. Man this'll be me thinking half the night.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Teddy's done a classic grime mix for Mista Jam's show on Radio1 right now. Danny Weed - Creeper is leading it off. Worth tuning in for until they go back to the boring bruvstep that Mista Jam usually plays.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Mike_V posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not a Terror Danjah track since I don't hear any gremlinz tag on it. Might be DOK, but I checked my library and it isn't any that i have.

Hah maybe not then. Definitely sounds like something he could have made to me, minus the gremlinz (I can sort of hear them coming up in my head but that might be me remembering that song getting mixed into a Terror Danjah song).

DOK would be my guess but I might be getting it confused with the drop on Missing Step
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bze6cGA0f4A
Which sounds really similar, except it has the DOK tags and the other one doesn't.

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Same, bashing ma head against the desk here. I know it, gently caress I'm half way there I just can't connect it. Ain't new though, that all dayer was ages ago if it's what I'm thinking of. Like years ago ages, 2005 or 06. gently caress Rhythm Division's been gone for a good few years now at least.

I keep thinking of that Dizzee tune, the one with D Double E off Run The Road, but it ain't. Close though. Man this'll be me thinking half the night.

Actually now that you mention it I'm pretty sure I've heard D Double E/Newham Generals on it before. Not that that narrows it down at all hahaha.

JamesKPolk fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 7, 2012

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

Really sounds like some old Wiley to me. Maybe something off the Tunnel Vision series?

e: yep, Griminal's freestyle on Tunnel Vision 2, over Jon E Cash - Hoods Up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkrxDSLne0M

Sick instrumental, makes me want to stand up and start spraying nonsense bars.

GET MONEY fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hey thread long time no post. After lurking the fast few pages and links, is Grime making a comeback? Or was it ever really dead?

• Locked thread