Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SamuraiFoochs posted:

To diffuse Punkchat, have something at least tangentially related, the greatest fan run-in ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkBxak_zFtg

I still choose to believe this was real. :colbert:

Was there ever any kind of reasoning or explanation for this from anyone? It's such a weird thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
there was this weird overarching "angle but not really an angle" going on throughout Raw that Mike Adamle simply couldn't run a production set so massive as the Monday Night RAW program, and as such all this random stuff kept happening throughout the show. A wrestler would be doing the "walk down the hall" shot and a light would fall over almost beaning him in the head. An interview would be going on backstage and you'd hear a commotion off-screen and the camera guy would pan over and there'd be two dudes brawling by the loading dock. This also tied into Punk cashing in MITB and winning the title.
It was this weird meta-angle and I wish I could find more clips of it, cause it was doing a lot of things that you generally don't do on Raw, which made it kinda interesting.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Nut Bunnies posted:

They do that when the fans enter an area they aren't supposed to. Punk entered the crowd. Not to mention that wrestlers getting shoved or patted on the back happens all the time. He's infantile.
Dude got punched in the kidneys and hit back. If he'd hit the guy it actually was, he'd be totally justified.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The guy who punched Punk was bragging about it on twitter.
http://rajah.com/base/node/30227

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Dario Teyes sounds like an FCW name.

What a work.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Phenix Rising posted:

Was there ever any kind of reasoning or explanation for this from anyone? It's such a weird thing.

It was during some episode of Raw with a theme of the show being out of control. There were several intentional fuckups like that. I forget exactly why.

edit: Maybe something to do with Mike Adamle as GM? Just something that popped in my head while trying to remember.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

WeX Majors posted:

there was this weird overarching "angle but not really an angle" going on throughout Raw that Mike Adamle simply couldn't run a production set so massive as the Monday Night RAW program, and as such all this random stuff kept happening throughout the show. A wrestler would be doing the "walk down the hall" shot and a light would fall over almost beaning him in the head. An interview would be going on backstage and you'd hear a commotion off-screen and the camera guy would pan over and there'd be two dudes brawling by the loading dock. This also tied into Punk cashing in MITB and winning the title.
It was this weird meta-angle and I wish I could find more clips of it, cause it was doing a lot of things that you generally don't do on Raw, which made it kinda interesting.

Ah, I remember some of those "commotion off-screen" moments and really liking them. Why shouldn't stuff bleed into each other like that on a wrestling show where everything is generally out of control? Definitely did make things seem a little more fresh.

I miss Adamle as GM :(

UndashingOne
May 31, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

Dude got punched in the kidneys and hit back. If he'd hit the guy it actually was, he'd be totally justified.

This is what happens when your champions aren't physically credible. If he looked like a actual athlete, not to mention wrestler, he wouldn't have been touched. I myself would have no problem assaulting Punk if he was unprotected in the crowd.

Still, it's the E's fault for not giving him security.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

UndashingOne posted:

This is what happens when your champions aren't physically credible. If he looked like a actual athlete, not to mention wrestler, he wouldn't have been touched.

Oh, come on, that's total horseshit and we both know it. People use to pick fights with ANDRE.

UndashingOne
May 31, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

Oh, come on, that's total horseshit and we both know it. People use to pick fights with ANDRE.

No they wouldn't today. The audience is that much different now. Put anyone with a credible physique in there and there would be no problem.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UndashingOne posted:

No they wouldn't today. The audience is that much different now. Put anyone with a credible physique in there and there would be no problem.

This is perhaps the dumbest thing posted here in a year.

UndashingOne
May 31, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is perhaps the dumbest thing posted here in a year.

Seriously though, Punk does not have a credible physique. The E's been trying to hide it by having him wear Medium shirts and hoodies all the time. He's gotten quite pudgy.

UndashingOne fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 10, 2012

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UndashingOne posted:

Seriously though, Punk does not have a credible physique. The E's been trying to hide it by having him wear Medium shirts and hoodies all the time. He's gotten quite pudgy.

That has very little to do with how mind-numbingly stupid your assertion is that that's the only reason it happened. It happened because one guy was a prick and antagonized Punk, security was poo poo, and Punk overreacted.

It's not because Punk isn't built like a brick shithouse.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

As mentioned, idiots would get drunk and pick fights with an alcoholic giant. There were also a couple cases where people were dumb enough to provoke bar fights with Mike loving Tyson, a man who had serious anger control issues and one of the strongest punches in the world.

To say that if Punk was built more like a typical WWE heavyweight this wouldn't have happened is insane when it's been shown time and time again that idiots will provoke anyone if they don't think there's going to be any repercussions or in order to prove to themselves and their equally dumb friends that they're a bad rear end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Thauros posted:

As mentioned, idiots would get drunk and pick fights with an alcoholic giant. There were also a couple cases where people were dumb enough to provoke bar fights with Mike loving Tyson, a man who had serious anger control issues and one of the strongest punches in the world.

To say that if Punk was built more like a typical WWE heavyweight this wouldn't have happened is insane when it's been shown time and time again that idiots will provoke anyone if they don't think there's going to be any repercussions or in order to prove to themselves and their equally dumb friends that they're a bad rear end.

Also people allegedly verbally abused, threatened, and shoved Big Show, and this was in 99 when he looked like a monster.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
People do this because they are young and feel protected and entitled. They feel protected by assuming that they won't be hit back by the entertainer. If you notice, one of the two guys antagonizing Punk looks to be about 16 years old. I think that has a lot more to do with it than not being afraid of Punk's physique.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Yeah, fans only attack wrestlers with credible physiques.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Vhc8M6Jps

Generic CAW
Aug 11, 2007

BLANDTASTIC!
It's gotta be an incredible feeling knowing that you did you job so well that people are not satisfied with the babyface beating you up, but trying to take matters into your own hands.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Generic CAW posted:

It's gotta be an incredible feeling knowing that you did you job so well that people are not satisfied with the babyface beating you up, but trying to take matters into your own hands.

I dont think I've ever heard an old time wrestler talk about almost causing a riot without pride in their voice.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sionistic posted:

I dont think I've ever heard an old time wrestler talk about almost causing a riot without pride in their voice.

Not to mention the time someone pulled a gun on Bobby Heenan. Anyway the guy Punk hit decided not to press charges, so this saga's over.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Billy Graham was one of many wrestlers who got stabbed during his territory days. Anybody wanna claim his physique wasn't "credible"?

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

njsykora posted:

Not to mention the time someone pulled a gun on Bobby Heenan. Anyway the guy Punk hit decided not to press charges, so this saga's over.
Not quite. The guy he hit is thinking about a lawsuit, which is ridiculous, as he wasn't hurt.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
He's probably thinking more about trying to leech some shallow publicity from being smacked in the face.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Here's another side of CM Punk fan interaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-7zMsu4jXA

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Here's another side of CM Punk fan interaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-7zMsu4jXA

See? Punk is a dick, but he's not a dick to polite, level-headed people. That's so :3:.

EDIT: Oh wow, thanks for the classy custom title, whoever. :rolleyes:

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

I really wanna know what he said to her.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sionistic posted:

I remember the day I watched the Dudley Boys promos in ECW on the Rise and Fall DVD, it was beautiful :allears:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

I remember the day I watched the Dudley Boys promos in ECW on the Rise and Fall DVD, it was beautiful :allears:

"Here we have a woman in the front row who taught her daughter how to suck dick!"

(After trying to sucker a loudmouthed fan into rushing the ring...same promo, after the woman threatened to gently caress Bubba up)

"You seem confused...so if you won't come to us, we'll come to YOU"

(which then resulted in that fan being all talk once Bubba got in his face, shocking)

They also once talked a guy into jumping off a balcony at the Hammerstein to try and rush the ring. Atlas Security was on him like white on rice.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v156XiG002s&list=PLF2366A2BBB4141D6&feature=plcp

Here's a playlist that puts together all the segments leading up to the Ultimate Warrior vs Randy Savage title match at Summerslam 92. If you're just looking for some wackiness, check out Warrior's promo at the end of the first video.

"Next week, Macho Man, I agree to listen. But if what you have to say is of any value, then I need not use my ears, only my eyes."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I've started writing articles about crossovers of all kinds and the second installment deals with the A-Team crossing over with the WWE. Luckily, the two Hulk Hogan episodes of A-Team are on Hulu.

Body Slam

The Trouble with Harry

Whether these episodes are right for you is best tested by watching the first 30 seconds of Body Slam. I'm certain the answer is yes. The second one's not as good as the first, but it does have Hogan saying, "Hey, man, forget it. I’m a wrestler, not an entertainer!"

While I'm at it, here's Part 1 and Part 2 of the new A-Team on Raw from two years ago.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Generic CAW posted:

On the new DVD, Punk talks about wanting to be the kind of wrestler that makes people want to slash his tires and whatnot. I'm sure he's feeling pretty good about getting "old-school" heat at the moment. Though I don't know if it's really "old-school" heat rather than just people being idiots. I doubt they were shoving him because he's doing a good job at being a heel.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

njsykora posted:

Not just pulled a gun, the guy SHOT at Bobby Heenan. Also, Mid-South fans were pretty rough on Cornette and the Midnights, judging from what he and others have said about working there.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Didn't someone pull a knife on Jericho when he was still working as Leon De Oro?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VogeGandire posted:

Didn't someone pull a knife on Jericho when he was still working as Leon De Oro?

I remember hearing something about that, but Jericho, so grain of salt.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jv0nejZdeg

:stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCfVayhmHtM

Like a Power Ranger villain. :gonk:

Bocc Kob fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 11, 2012

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr22iCGxDBo

Watch out for Brodus Clay

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5_XT9pIfsc

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Vince getting all moody about not being able to control his sneezing is an extremely depressing and hilarious thing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyw-70ggz2M

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Well... I...

:stare:

Yeah, that was something.