Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

A124! posted:

I can't remember the name of an iOS game. It was an RPG, a PSP port, there may have been some kind of inn management involved and there was an SA thread about it. Thanks!

This is almost definitely Adventure Bar, but it could also be Crimson Gem Saga or Spectral Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A124!
Jun 28, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

This is almost definitely Adventure Bar, but it could also be Crimson Gem Saga or Spectral Souls.

That's exactly it, thank you!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Game came out for the original Xbox.

Some kind of futuristic combat sport where you had to score goals but also can beat the crap out of your opponents.

Before Xbox Live. I recall reading that was a shame because it really was good and would have been awesome on Live.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Okay so there was this really old PC (windows 95 era) game that I have only vague memories of playing. I never got too far but I've always wanted to play it again. I can't find ANYTHING on the game online anywhere.

It was medieval themed.
You played a guy who gets bitten by a werewolf in the opening cutscene thing.
The game is on a time limit, you have to figure out how to prevent yourself from turning into a werewolf before the curse sticks forever.
You could explore a town, talk to people, even get in trouble with guards who would and could murder you.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

PunkBoy posted:

Game came out for the original Xbox.

Some kind of futuristic combat sport where you had to score goals but also can beat the crap out of your opponents.

Before Xbox Live. I recall reading that was a shame because it really was good and would have been awesome on Live.

Deathrow?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LordZoric posted:

Okay so there was this really old PC (windows 95 era) game that I have only vague memories of playing. I never got too far but I've always wanted to play it again. I can't find ANYTHING on the game online anywhere.

It was medieval themed.
You played a guy who gets bitten by a werewolf in the opening cutscene thing.
The game is on a time limit, you have to figure out how to prevent yourself from turning into a werewolf before the curse sticks forever.
You could explore a town, talk to people, even get in trouble with guards who would and could murder you.
Wolfsbane?

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!

YES! That is exactly it. Thank you!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I agree that sounds like it, because I remember that game being pretty awesome and fitting that "would be great online" category.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I'm trying to find an old PC game for my uncle. We played a demo of it in 2000, but I have no idea if it was new at the time or from an even older CD.

It was a pixel game played from a top down perspective and it may have been tile based. There may also have been a big, red, user interface with the actual gameplay taking part in a window 3/4 the size of your screen.

The demo took place on an asteroid or something that looked like one. I can't remember there being any vegetation. You started on the north-west side of the map with enemies somewhere in the north- and south-east. There was a massive mountain covering most of the center. You had to dig tunnels through the terrain to reach the enemy or go through a passage down south. After a set amount of time, the demo would end because a cataclysmic earthquake tore all of your poo poo apart. My uncle insists it was a sandstorm though. I know it had natural disasters where you had to power down your base or something bad would happen, other than the demo-ending event. Mind, we may just have been bad at the game and unable to survive something survivable.

The demo gave you a couple of buildings and a bulldozer, possibly more stuff. The bulldozer basically flattened everything so you could make more buildings. You could queue up where it would bulldoze and let it run on its own. You had to connect your buildings with pipes in order to get them on the power grid. You could build combat rovers, and one type was called Lynx. I don't think you ever saw actual humans moving around, and I don't think it was a combat intensive game. It was certainly closer in pace to the Caesar games than Starcraft.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 14, 2012

Psychorider
May 15, 2009
That's Outpost 2 for sure.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be able to get him a sealed copy in time for his birthday now. You're the best! :toot:

Post an email address if you want a gift cert for platinum upgrade to your account. I've already bought it, just need a way to send it to you.

Psychorider
May 15, 2009
Happy to help, you can send it to <snip>.

edit: Got it, thanks a lot!

Psychorider fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 14, 2012

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Alright, haven't played this one, only had it described by a Taiwanese friend. Difficult, but I have faith in goons.

Japanese (or other Asian country) RPG, no idea what generation, though I feel like its SNES era. The premise is this guy and ensuing progeny have been cursed by a demon to grow old and die within a year or something like that. The point of the game is to go out getting treasure and opening paths before you keel over, so that your similarly cursed child can build off that to get even further. A long line of 1 year olds dying until eventually one of you gets enough of a head start to kill the bad guy and remove the curse.

Apparently at the end of the game, there's a credits reel of all the names you gave your short-lived adventurers as they succumbed to this curse.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
Something from the Dreamcast era, possibly early PS2. A 3D game featuring young sort of anime looking characters, the protagonist of which can turn into various types of fantasy animals he encounters. When he first encounters a girl, she remarks to him that she didn't think that kind of animal could talk. I also seem to recall something about a segment involving running through a collapsing cave, and having to dodge bits of rock coming from the ceiling.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Something from the Dreamcast era, possibly early PS2. A 3D game featuring young sort of anime looking characters, the protagonist of which can turn into various types of fantasy animals he encounters. When he first encounters a girl, she remarks to him that she didn't think that kind of animal could talk. I also seem to recall something about a segment involving running through a collapsing cave, and having to dodge bits of rock coming from the ceiling.

Threads of Fate?

Forgedbow
Jun 1, 2012

have a cigar

M.c.P posted:

Alright, haven't played this one, only had it described by a Taiwanese friend. Difficult, but I have faith in goons.

Japanese (or other Asian country) RPG, no idea what generation, though I feel like its SNES era. The premise is this guy and ensuing progeny have been cursed by a demon to grow old and die within a year or something like that. The point of the game is to go out getting treasure and opening paths before you keel over, so that your similarly cursed child can build off that to get even further. A long line of 1 year olds dying until eventually one of you gets enough of a head start to kill the bad guy and remove the curse.

Apparently at the end of the game, there's a credits reel of all the names you gave your short-lived adventurers as they succumbed to this curse.
This sounds like the PS1 game Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke (Walk Over my Corpse). There is not a lot of information on the webs, and what little there is concerns a recent remake for the PSP. Here's some of what I found.

http://telebunny.net/talkingtime/showthread.php?t=10677
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/30/over-my-dead-body-then-and-now/
http://kotaku.com/5914775/its-worth-walking-over-a-few-corpses-to-play-this-classic-jrpg

Forgedbow fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 15, 2012

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Forgedbow posted:

This sounds like the PS1 game Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke (Walk Over my Corpse). There is not a lot of information on the webs, and what little there is concerns a recent remake for the PSP. Here's some of what I found.

http://telebunny.net/talkingtime/showthread.php?t=10677
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/30/over-my-dead-body-then-and-now/
http://kotaku.com/5914775/its-worth-walking-over-a-few-corpses-to-play-this-classic-jrpg

That looks like it, thanks!

Shoot, so the use of traditional kanji explains how my friend could play it. Doesn't help me, I'm barely literate. :(

Forgedbow
Jun 1, 2012

have a cigar
It does look somewhat intriguing. XSEED has kinda sorta possibly made some rumblings that it could look into localising the upcoming sequel on Vita, but as likely it won't happen.

Wilson
Jun 3, 2007

WIIILLLSSSOOONNN
Unknown Game 1
This is an isometric multiplayer browser zombie game. You go out into this world and search buildings for supplies. You can make barricades and have to hold the zombies back. I think I remember 50 of us holding this room from hordes of zombies and it was pretty messy.

Hinterland
This is another isometric game (single player). It looks kind of like Diablo 2. You start off as one person and you slowly build up a village. Every day there will be a group of people wanting to join your village, each of them will have different skills. You pick who you want to keep and kick the rest out into the wilderness. You can run out into the world and find dungeons and poo poo, that's how you get loot. There are also orcs and goblins that raid your town.

You can also invite villagers to join you in exploring and combat. Only 3 at a time I believe.

Wilson fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 16, 2012

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Wilson posted:

Unknown Game 1
This is an isometric multiplayer browser zombie game. You go out into this world and search buildings for supplies. You can make barricades and have to hold the zombies back. I think I remember 50 of us holding this room from hordes of zombies and it was pretty messy.

Unknown Game 2
This is another isometric game (single player). It looks kind of like Diablo 2. You start off as one person and you slowly build up a village. Every day there will be a group of people wanting to join your village, each of them will have different skills. You pick who you want to keep and kick the rest out into the wilderness. You can run out into the world and find dungeons and poo poo, that's how you get loot. There are also orcs and goblins that raid your town.

You can also invite villagers to join you in exploring and combat. Only 3 at a time I believe.

Number 2 sounds like Hinterland.

Wilson
Jun 3, 2007

WIIILLLSSSOOONNN

ponzicar posted:

Number 2 sounds like Hinterland.

Yes! Thank you so much.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Number 1 might be Urban Dead, but I don't remember that being really Isometric.

Vaashila
Feb 4, 2011

I have a strange feeling about those eyes...
It could be Dead Frontier too, although that was overhead and the scale wasn't quite up to 50 people.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Doctor Doodler posted:

You controlled a tank and drove around shooting things on a red planet.
You had to collect some color canister things.
There was a flying enemy who would steal the canisters back from you.
Shooting an oil derelict would make it explode.
On one level, there were these tall black cannon turret things that constantly shot at you, but if you got behind them they couldn't shoot you anymore.
It worked on Windows 98 if that helps.

The first line of your description makes me think of Stellar 7 but I have no idea if it matches up with the rest of your post;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnpwoYDjeXU

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012

homewrecker posted:

The first line of your description makes me think of Stellar 7 but I have no idea if it matches up with the rest of your post;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnpwoYDjeXU

No, the graphics are too old, it was 2006-8 era graphics I think.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Doctor Doodler posted:

No, the graphics are too old, it was 2006-8 era graphics I think.

Still older, but it sounds very very similar to the Uprising series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BVl9iQa1Xw

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Forgedbow posted:

It does look somewhat intriguing. XSEED has kinda sorta possibly made some rumblings that it could look into localising the upcoming sequel on Vita, but as likely it won't happen.

I played the hell out of that game and while it's good, I don't think it's a good candidate for localization. The gimmick is fun but the game is 95% grinding generic jRPG battles. I doubt it would sell all that well. Also the cutscenes, especially those at the end, are the some of the most :nms: poo poo you can imagine.

It's definitely an interesting game, as is the design process behind it. From some of the interviews I've read the director is basically a crazy person who got so worked up and excited about becoming a dad he designed an entire game around it.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

This may be sillier than most but I'm looking for a web-based game I played a while back with some friends. It was a game-music guessing game based out of a website. A song from a game would play and you had to guess the name of the song and the game or series it was from, and there were options to enable or disable either guess. I think it was developed by a goon as well, but for the life of me I can't remember the name nor the website I found it on.

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

Still older, but it sounds very very similar to the Uprising series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BVl9iQa1Xw

Still not it, it looks super fun though.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Yes! I need to find my original Xbox and see if I can grab a copy. Sadly I don't think it's backwards compatible. :(

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Pseudoscorpion posted:

This may be sillier than most but I'm looking for a web-based game I played a while back with some friends. It was a game-music guessing game based out of a website. A song from a game would play and you had to guess the name of the song and the game or series it was from, and there were options to enable or disable either guess. I think it was developed by a goon as well, but for the life of me I can't remember the name nor the website I found it on.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/saybox/were-you-a-nineties-gamer maybe?

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Nah, it wasn't a flash game - it had an imbedded music player and two basic fields for the game and song name.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!

Wilson posted:

Unknown Game 1

Project Zomboid?

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hello again fellow Goons, another game from my childhood that has been rattling in my nogging, trying to figure out what its name is..

Okay so its a PC (possibly mac too but i doubt it) title from the mid to late 90's, its a roleplaying game of sorts, as i recall it was fully 3d (the character was 3d, im pretty sure the backgrounds were drawn/made ala the classic resident evil games) and fully voice acted. I only played the demo but i do remember it being fun in the way that your character could act, there were two default settings for your characters emotions, represented in an orb in the lower left (i think) corner showing off either a sun or a storm cloud, the sun meaning calm and happy, the storm meaning angry.

I remember it was fun as hell since you woke up with a girl in bed and you could either A. Talk nicely to her or B. Demand more sex and when she refuses swing your sword at her until the door opens and you get pelted with crossbow darts. That happened a lot if you were angry. Another example were that you could talk to your dad, either courtesly or angrily until you threatend him with your weapon - resulting in you becoming the resident dartboard.

I remember the setting was supposed to be post-apocalyptic since the trailer shows of a city looking almost out of Blade Runner being pelted by asteroids.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I've got one that's bugged me for years.

It's a point-and-click PC adventure game from around the 90's, the HUD uses a pair of roses on the side of the screen to denote health (or mistakes, I think). It was something fantasy-ish.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Thors Bitch! posted:

Hello again fellow Goons, another game from my childhood that has been rattling in my nogging, trying to figure out what its name is..

Okay so its a PC (possibly mac too but i doubt it) title from the mid to late 90's, its a roleplaying game of sorts, as i recall it was fully 3d (the character was 3d, im pretty sure the backgrounds were drawn/made ala the classic resident evil games) and fully voice acted. I only played the demo but i do remember it being fun in the way that your character could act, there were two default settings for your characters emotions, represented in an orb in the lower left (i think) corner showing off either a sun or a storm cloud, the sun meaning calm and happy, the storm meaning angry.

I remember it was fun as hell since you woke up with a girl in bed and you could either A. Talk nicely to her or B. Demand more sex and when she refuses swing your sword at her until the door opens and you get pelted with crossbow darts. That happened a lot if you were angry. Another example were that you could talk to your dad, either courtesly or angrily until you threatend him with your weapon - resulting in you becoming the resident dartboard.

I remember the setting was supposed to be post-apocalyptic since the trailer shows of a city looking almost out of Blade Runner being pelted by asteroids.

That's Dark Earth.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yes! Thank you!

Babunar
Sep 15, 2009
An RTS, made some time after 2000 but probably before 2005. I'm guessing, based on the fact that the graphics were isometric 3D. The graphics were sort of cartoonish - I remember a field or a farm with big green trees in it. One of the units was a warlock. I know there's not much to go on here but does anyone have any ideas?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Babunar posted:

An RTS, made some time after 2000 but probably before 2005. I'm guessing, based on the fact that the graphics were isometric 3D. The graphics were sort of cartoonish - I remember a field or a farm with big green trees in it. One of the units was a warlock. I know there's not much to go on here but does anyone have any ideas?

Warcraft III? :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babunar
Sep 15, 2009
Haha, no. I'm looking at this page which is making me think it may be a bit older than 2000.