Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Flying Guillotine posted:

I can. Orks never got a separate box set for Deffkoptas. They'll wait until they start selling for silly money on ebay, then they'll release a box set.

There's a metal deffkopta http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1060174

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Snollygoster posted:

Thank the Lord that Broken Loose wasn't a Chaos player because the crying is already bad enough from Chaos players.
Speaking of, can anyone point me to BL's breakdown/end of 40K? Sounds like a fun read.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

How'd you work the Noise Marines? They intrigue me (doubly so if Buffalo Chicken is willing to sell casts of his guitars, hint hint).

Units of ten in Rhinos. Just hooning around being pains in the arse. I am not good at this game. Jump them out behind some cover, shoot shoot shoot, jump those remaining back in, vamanos vamanos! I almost never win at 40k, I find its the most fun to do goofy poo poo to make things interesting for my opponent, people get tired of facing hyper serious tacticians every day of the week.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

circle of gayness
one of the gayest possible lists

He's probably just winding you up because you're 12 and it's funny.

e: People annoyed with Maelstrom might find this thread on TWF illuminating: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=107082

Apparently it's heading down the shitter.

Living Image fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 11, 2012

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My problem with those deffkoptas is that they don't like nearly as good as the plastic ones from AoBR

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Corrode posted:

He's probably just winding you up because you're 12 and it's funny.

e: People annoyed with Maelstrom might find this thread on TWF illuminating: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=107082

Apparently it's heading down the shitter.

Thanks for the new avatar lol.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Thanks for the new avatar lol.

You're welcome.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I like artillery in my IG army because you know Artillery wins wars etc. I have two Basilisk right now and I am thinking of either picking up a third or getting a Manticore. Do you gentlemen think having 3 basilisk would be a waste of points? Even though it would be cool as hell.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Anyone need a grab bag of Tyranid stuff? I'm cleaning out some closets and wouldn't mind parting with some of these guys.

I have 6 warriors, 60 Termagant (the ones with guns), and 8 genestealers. One of the warriors has an arm that's fallen off, but the pieces are fine, you just need to reglue the arm into the joint.

12 spaces x 3 gants each, 48 gaunts.

Left over gaunts, stealers, and warriors.

A close up of the warriors.

$150 total?

I can also throw in a bunch of sprues with leftover bits.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
*Gets offended by the word 'gay'*

*Uses 'oval office' in BRCT.*

:ironicat:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

BadLlama posted:

So I like artillery in my IG army because you know Artillery wins wars etc. I have two Basilisk right now and I am thinking of either picking up a third or getting a Manticore. Do you gentlemen think having 3 basilisk would be a waste of points? Even though it would be cool as hell.

3 Might be a bit overboard.

Either way, get a Manticore.

Manticores Win Wars.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

3 Might be a bit overboard.

Either way, get a Manticore.

Manticores Win Wars.

I'll stop by my store after work and pick one up. Warhammer stuff for full retail be damned but I want something to do this weekend.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

BadLlama posted:

Three Basilisks are not a bad choice by any means. They are really cheap for what you get, but I prefer to diversify my artillery so that they can deal with different threats. My go-to Heavy Support is a Basilisk, a Manticore, and then a LR Demolisher if I have enough points.

Gunline IG is straight up unfair on Hammer and Anvil deployment if your opponent doesn't have any deep striking/outflanking suicide melta units.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
We just scored an interview with Adrian Smith, aka the guy who did some of the best art in WFB/40k:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Phyresis posted:

Three Basilisks are not a bad choice by any means. They are really cheap for what you get, but I prefer to diversify my artillery so that they can deal with different threats. My go-to Heavy Support is a Basilisk, a Manticore, and then a LR Demolisher if I have enough points.

The list I have right now has two Basilisk and two demolishers. I will drop a demolisher and pick up a manticore so that my basilisk can focus their AP3 on killing marines and the mantiore/demolisher can focus on taking out the vehicles. While I kind of want to put my artillery on a landing pad* I don't know I can bring myself to do that to my friends.

*If I did would giving the artillery camo nets give them a 3+ cover save?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 11, 2012

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

WhiteOutMouse posted:

PS: did you see my question to you in the Oath thread? I realise posts get buried in AP posts but I need to know before I bit order :ohdear:

Sorry I didn't get to answer at the time. I'll check my car (where the parts are sitting right now) when I get a second and let you know. They're pretty close, though. Just off of memory I think they'd be fine (and they look awesome to boot).

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Anyone who sees impossible to put together metal Deffkoptas from the 90s that cost thirty-three loving dollars a piece as viable purchases has a screw loose. It's easier to say "There is no Deffkopta model" because it might as well be true.

BadLlama posted:

A pair of Basilisks is the magic number. If you have three in a squadron you run the risk of overcommitting at whatever you shoot at. 5 tac Marines don't need a trio of templates on them to finish em off; 2 will do just fine. Manticores are awesome too.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

BadLlama posted:

*If I did would giving the artillery camo nets give them a 3+ cover save?

No, because it's an invulnerable save. Camo netting works with the Aegis Defence Line to give a 3+, but it's not worth 30 points. I've dropped the skyshield from my lists because I need the points.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Question about the landing pad's Invulnerable Save. Probably a dumb question, but I'm just trying to cover my bases.

Does the Invulnerable Save count as coming from Wargear?

Flying Guillotine
Dec 29, 2005

by angerbot

Yeah, for $33! Dethkoptas were selling for like $7-8 for three on ebay. For that price, I could build a squadron of them.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So a solid half of my 1k point list all arrived today. I want to get it all assembled by the end of today, so I can start painting it, because my local club meets on Tuesday.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Fyrbrand posted:

We just scored an interview with Adrian Smith, aka the guy who did some of the best art in WFB/40k:

Good interview dude.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Fyrbrand posted:

*Gets offended by the word 'gay'*

*Uses 'oval office' in BRCT.*

:ironicat:

I did pause for thought but there's nowhere near the same gender connotations here so I let it go.

BadLlama, get a Manticore. In fact everyone all the time, get Manticores.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Corrode posted:

I did pause for thought but there's nowhere near the same gender connotations here so I let it go.

But what if I'm gay?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

But what if I'm gay?

Then your post was angry but strangely complimentary I guess?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Asphyxious posted:

Units of ten in Rhinos. Just hooning around being pains in the arse. I am not good at this game. Jump them out behind some cover, shoot shoot shoot, jump those remaining back in, vamanos vamanos! I almost never win at 40k, I find its the most fun to do goofy poo poo to make things interesting for my opponent, people get tired of facing hyper serious tacticians every day of the week.

Speaking of which? Does anyone where to get the conversion bits or off-brand noise weapon bits? It's almost literally impossible to get for me, since the GWS site's shopping cart doesn't seem to work for me.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Give my infantry blob a Lord Commissar with a Camo cloak? Yes/No

I would be giving my blob a regular commissar anyways so it's really not too many more points.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

BadLlama posted:

I would be giving my blob a regular commissar anyways so it's really not too many more points.

You don't get stealth for the whole unit anymore so no that's not really a good idea.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BadLlama posted:

What is the intended outcome you are trying for?

If it's the stealth thing, then listen to what Ghetto said. Otherwise, I'd be happy to help.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

What is the intended outcome you are trying for?

If it's the stealth thing, then listen to what Ghetto said. Otherwise, I'd be happy to help.

Yeah I forgot they changed that in 6th. Nevermind then : /

Is there anyway to give a guard blob stealth anymore?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

BadLlama posted:

Yeah I forgot they changed that in 6th. Nevermind then : /

Is there anyway to give a guard blob stealth anymore?

I don't believe so, but you can get a +2 cover save from the Incoming! order, although that involves going to ground.

Commandante
Oct 1, 2009

BadLlama posted:

3 is a little too much in my opinion. Like others have said, you are overcommitting your ordnance. Also, keep in mind that basilisks aren't the heartiest of vehicles, Lascannons can ruin your day as your platforms are on Chimera chassis.

I will say that even ONE basilisk is a big deterrent on the board. You can actually force your opponent to deploy in different avenues just by placing a basilisk in the right spot.

If you wanna be a total gun head, you could just go with the static artillery emplacements. They count as Infantry (Artillery) and can be given orders, or so I've been lead to believe.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

But what if I'm gay?

The second part will still work just fine.

You could at least have made the text big and red :-(

Living Image fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 11, 2012

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Corrode posted:

The second part will still work just fine.

You could at least have made the text big and red :-(

Go gently caress yourself you get what I give you nerd.

Edit: the text does fit the image pretty good though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Go gently caress yourself you get what I give you nerd.

Edit: the text does fit the image pretty good though.

I think you should :getout:.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ghetto wormhole posted:

I think you should :getout:.

I think I'll pass on that thank you very much.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Commandante posted:

If you wanna be a total gun head, you could just go with the static artillery emplacements. They count as Infantry (Artillery) and can be given orders, or so I've been lead to believe.

Is that the forgeworld stuff and rules? Or the Artillery from DoK? because I am pretty sure those artillery pieces are even weaker, like armor 10 or 11 all around plus the gunners can get killed.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Probably gonna' grab Dark Vengeance at the end of the month, depending on my funds. I am willing to sell someone the entire Space Marines half for like 40-50 bucks if there are any takers.

Commandante
Oct 1, 2009

BadLlama posted:

Is that the forgeworld stuff and rules? Or the Artillery from DoK? because I am pretty sure those artillery pieces are even weaker, like armor 10 or 11 all around plus the gunners can get killed.

Both, FW has them as well as DoK.

In the Krieg ruleset they are BS 4 as well.

In the BRB Artillery units have T7 | W2 | 3+ and when shooting at the units, the toughness of the gun must always be used as long as one gun is active.

Also its 50 pts cheaper than its mobile counterpart. Hell you could surround your emplacements with an Agies defence wall if you wanted.

I suppose you could take a Krieg detachment, a command squad with your emplacement and have them as your artillery brigade where you could order Fire on my target and Bring it down on everything.

Commandante fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Commandante posted:

I suppose you could take a Krieg detachment, a command squad with your emplacement and have them as your artillery brigade where you could order Fire on my target and Bring it down on everything.

I actually wanted to do this before, I wasn't aware that artillery crews could take orders though, oh my.

• Locked thread