Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I love the Rainbow Warriors, and those jerseys are a loving travesty.

wheez the roux posted:

still a better record than our armed forces

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
ahahahaha look at the loving shoes!!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Bliggers- posted:

ahahahaha look at the loving shoes!!

Oh man, I missed that the first time. It's like they remembered they had a star quota to meet after the jersey and pants were finished.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
That looks like some kind of anti-American propaganda. Like a Taliban cartoonist had to draw an evil supervillain to fight Jihad Man and the best way to identify him was to add more stars.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
You say that like the Taliban allows cartoons.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Welp I know what I'm spending my financial aid on next month:

heeeeellll yaaaaaa

Don't know if it's league wide but I'm pretty sure.

e: nflshop says you still have to sign up for email alerts

scroll down some for all teams

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 11, 2012

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

squarerandom posted:

Welp I know what I'm spending my financial aid on next month:

heeeeellll yaaaaaa

Don't know if it's league wide but I'm pretty sure.

e: nflshop says you still have to sign up for email alerts

scroll down some for all teams

What's the point of that if I celebrate my catches in flag football by flashing the Roc

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
100 dollars for gloves :stare:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I picked up a pair of the (old) official NFL gloves from the local Reebok outlet on Sunday. Ten bucks.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

$10 for a 12oz Busch Light.

gently caress you NFL pricing

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

wsj posted:

As yet, no big linemen have registered complaints about the new jerseys with the Gridiron Uniform Database, a fan-run site primarily concerned with design debates such as whether "the stripes on the Redskins' white pants [are] thinner/narrower than they used to be."

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I'm waiting for the chinese knockoffs :cheeky:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
100 bucks is a bit much but the Chargers Nike gloves look so loving sick I might just eat it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I really need to not see stuff like this in future because I'm buying a house really soon and I'm going need that extra cash for stuff like, life.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

KettleWL posted:

You say that like the Taliban allows cartoons.

It's Afghanistanimation!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Bliggers- posted:

Afghanistanimation!

I'm gonna need a namechange stat

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

japtor posted:

I have a New Era hat from a few months back so I know my size, just concerned about the posts above mentioning the size varying in their experience.
Well I got a (non football) hat of the same size and it feels a bit bigger. Noticed the shape is slightly different, so I guess my previous one was a "mid crown" while this one was listed as "high crown", plus the construction/material appears to be different. Guess I'll head into a store and try more styles and sizes out to be sure before buying another one.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Got my Nike Limited Patrick Willis jersey and the quality is awesome. I got it one size bigger than I do Reebok, and it's perfect.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My gear from whatjersey finally got here and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Authentic Reebok Clay Matthews on the left, new B.J. Raji on the right. The only major thing is that the sleeve stripes are fabric instead of screen-printed (which is apparently a common thing for Packers knockoffs) but for 35 bucks I don't think my buddy is going to complain too much.

My new Reggie Wayne, with a replica Reebok Peyton on the right for comparison. I wear a medium so I got a 44 (which is listed as "small" on the site), and it's a tad bulky.

My friend's Andy Dalton came out probably the best of the three. It looks beautiful. The swoosh is even stitched way better than on the Wayne and Raji jerseys. Gonna bust these out for tonight's game, I'm pretty pumped.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Quick question about the sizes for the whatjerseys...the numbers that they list on their site, 40, 42, 48, etc. Is that the chest size?
I'm 5"10, 165 and it normally wear a size L tshirt, and a 44 regular in suit jackets it just seems really odd to me to be ordering what they list as a size S.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Quick question about the sizes for the whatjerseys...the numbers that they list on their site, 40, 42, 48, etc. Is that the chest size?
I'm 5"10, 165 and it normally wear a size L tshirt, and a 44 regular in suit jackets it just seems really odd to me to be ordering what they list as a size S.

It's kind of a weird sizing, I just got the one I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I made the mistake of assuming 48 was medium when in reality it's an XL. I haven't measured mine but it seems like it corresponds somewhat with this sizing chart. Mine is loving huge on me and I think we're similarly built. I'm about 5"7 and 165, average physique.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

Mr. Clark2 posted:

You are wearing too large of clothes.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Thanks dudes, looks like I'll go with a size S and hope I'm not swimming in it.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Like I wrote above, I got a M (44) from whatjersey and it's on the big side. If I did it again I'd have gotten a S. The tag says 44 G (grande/large, I'm assuming), so I think the sizes just aren't translated well onto their site. Also because there is nobody who thinks a 44 is a medium.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
My tag actually says XL on it inside the collar, 48 XLARGE ON FIELD. The square tag on the bottom just says 48. I really really regret not getting what they classify as an XS, but hey giant jersey is better than no jersey. v:shobon:v

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

lmao a high school is actually going to wear these

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/10/26/nba-owners-back-off-from-their-uniform-advertsing-plan/

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

What the gently caress?

Thats actually a real uniform? Like.. Someone actually designed and made those?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Somewhere, a lone tear tumbles down the cheek of a buckskin-clad University of Illinois fratboy.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Kansas City could use a new uniform to celebrate the upcoming regime change.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

helmets own :colbert: Everything else is horrible.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Please let them play the Eagles/GreenMan hybrid high school team from earlier in the thread.

edit: oh they actually mention that in the article

Hazo fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 1, 2012

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Is there some trick to placing an order with whatjersey? I put the item in my shopping cart, fill out their form, click submit aaaaaand..."CDO.Message.1 error '80040213'

The transport failed to connect to the server.

/ShoppingCart/inc_send_mail_sms_new.asp, line 132"

This has been happening for at least the last couple days. I tried to contact them using the link on their site but that also generates an error. Tried from 2 different machines using 3 different browsers, all with the same result.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
You prob. have to go to your browser's Advanced Settings and uncheck "Own the living poo poo out of me"

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

So I went to the Pats pro shop today and was going to get one of the new jerseys. But none of them fit me. The large was much too large; the medium fit my torso but was too small on my shoulders by a long shot.

I ended up buying one of the Reebok jerseys on sale just because the Nike ones didn't seem to fit at all. I have no idea how you would wear one without pads or it just being positively dress-like.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
In other cool jersey news, these own:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1394174-grading-oregons-new-white-vapor-uniforms-for-matchup-vs-usc-trojans

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Hell of a lot better than what Oregon usually churns out.

Does anyone here have experience with aliexpress? I'm trying to find a Blake Griffin Oklahoma Sooners jersey in my size and this website is the only one I've seen with it, but I want to know what I'm getting before placing an order.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I love pretty much everything Oregon turns out but that's just me.

I wish they'd bring back those 1990 throwbacks.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

I love pretty much everything Oregon turns out but that's just me.

I wish they'd bring back those 1990 throwbacks.

Agreed. Oregon unis are almost always awesome. I didn't used to feel that way until 2008, when the grey/silver feathers came out on the shoes and shoulders. So badass.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Oregon does a lot of poo poo I don't like with chrome and reflective feathers and poo poo like that but these uniforms totally rocked last year:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I want a Steelers bee jersey.

• Locked thread