Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Vicodiva posted:

Cardinal Sin - born Jaime Sin. was archbishop of Manila, etc.

From SS death index:

Olive Green, Grace Face, Richard Face, Forest Green, Harry Wolf, Uriah D Smellie

Sin said the Vatican ruined his best joke by raising his status; he used to say there was no way they'd allow a Cardinal Sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Had a Hellen Kellar come into the bar last week. I did not say a thing to her when I read her name on the card.

WouldDesk has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Oct 8, 2012

Lolitas Alright!
Sep 15, 2007

This is your friend.
She fights for your freedom.

WouldDesk posted:

Had a Hellen Kellar come into the bar last week. I did not say a thing to her when I read her name on the card.

Not like she would have been able to hear you if you did...

yoctoontologist
Sep 11, 2011

My wisdom teeth were removed by Dalbert Fear. When I saw his diploma, I learned that he was Dalbert Fear, Jr.

hogswallower
May 8, 2005

Precious Pig Bits
I met a lady named Byrdetta Geditz when I worked at a hotel.

Edit: also corky artery, Harvey bonen, donnalee hardon, Linda laughter

hogswallower has a new favorite as of 17:42 on Oct 8, 2012

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

veedubfreak posted:

There is a law firm out here run by Dewey, Cheetum and Howe.
(this one is a joke obviously.)

There used to be a local law firm here called Johnson, Cram, Harder, and Wells.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

There was a lawyer in my hometown named C. Matthews Dick.

bettsta
Jul 21, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

There was a lawyer in my hometown named C. Matthews Dick.

C. Matthews
C. Matthews Dick
Dick, Matthews, Dick

I once had a teacher named Mr. Kummer. He pronounced it KOOH-mer.

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

I work in a call center. My life is one terrible name after another. My favorite? ' the Conqueror. Yes, ' is his first name.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
When I worked at a call center there was someone who was supposed to be on my team but she didn't show up for work. I was obliged to carry her on my team roster for about six months so I had to guess at the pronunciation of her first name: Latricshaca. I took to referring to this mystery woman as "'Lectric Shocker."

One day she decided to start coming to work and I got to ask her the correct pronunciation of her name: La-trish-ka.

:psyduck:

Nashie 0
Mar 19, 2009
Went to school with a 'Hugh Cumber' and a 'Rae Pugh.' Seriously, anyone who realises they're about to name their daughter 'rape you' and still goes through with it deserves some kind of award for their commitment to the bit.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I went to school with the Grosak brothers, Mike and Matt.

Mike Grosak
Matt Grosak

Say them out loud.

the tits
Mar 17, 2011

mophymophymophy
Ran into an insurance policy at work today for a lucky woman by the name of Trashelle. Last week, my best name find was General Willie. First name General, last name Willie.

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

I read a piece for an audition about a girl who ended up having a kid with her cousin and named her Ennui because she thought it sounded pretty. It was fictional, as far as I'm aware, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if someone named their kid that.

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

Saw the name Nancy Mangina in the filing room the other day. Perfection :911:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ran across a Jolie Gutentag the other day, which is a great name and should belong to a German Bond girl.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

It derived from the naming of animals on a ranch their parents owned and it's a convoluted story, but a brother and sister named Y Paul and Y Mae.

Not pronounced "ee" like the Spanish word for "and." Just the letter "Y" and then the name.

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING
I drove past a real estate advertisement the other day, and the agent's name was Orzilla. Orzilla is a woman.

Levitate Me
Sep 4, 2006

Who went wee-wee in my canteen?
My friend named her son Dre-Ion which is supposed to be pronounced Dray On but silly people always pronounce it wrong. She has a cousin with 3 kids. Mahogany, Hennessy and Man, last name Brown.

I've worked with a Precious, a Passion, a Conception and a Malaysia.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Levitate Me posted:

My friend named her son Dre-Ion which is supposed to be pronounced Dray On but silly people always pronounce it wrong. She has a cousin with 3 kids. Mahogany, Hennessy and Man, last name Brown.

I've worked with a Precious, a Passion, a Conception and a Malaysia.

I love the simplicity of Man Brown.

PeaBeeJay
Sep 28, 2012

My husband and his brother are named Jim and Tony. Their parents were recent immigrants and had no idea that they were the short forms of James and Anthony. They just wanted to give them common names so they could fit in and get good jobs.:china:

I've seen resumes from a woman named Anotha Hitler, and a man named Rage Rage.

Scambl
Jun 1, 2007

Anything you can do, Neil Gaiman can do better.
I once saw a girl open her college email account and I saw that her name was Grace Raper.
I didn't know what to do. All I could think about was that there was a WHOLE FAMILY of Rapers. A Raper family reunion. She had to know something was up, because I was just completely silent.

One of my teachers in high school also told me about a brother and sister she taught named Freedom and Justice :911:

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012
Terrible Name for a Real Beauty Shop: http://find.hamptonroads.com/bezoar-salon-norfolk-va.html

Yes, Bezoar Salon. I used to drive by it on my way to church when I lived in that area. Always gave me a giggle.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002549/

Hairball Salon

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

Oh, another I remembered. There was a Precious on my floor my freshman year of college, although she was QUITE the opposite. She had her cousin, cousin's baby, and cousin's baby-daddy living with her in her tiny-rear end dorm room. The baby had a name, but we only knew it as Pootie.

My dad had open heart surgery when I was 14 (he's fine) and he had a very short but very rotund nurse named Aquanet. You know, as in the hairspray. She had a high pitched voice that fit well with her name. Since he was pretty drugged up, he asked if he read her name right, or if it was Antoinette or something along those lines. She said that no, he hadn't read it wrong, that THAT is what her momma named her. Yes, I was there for it.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

PeaBeeJay posted:

I've seen resumes from a woman named Anotha Hitler, and a man named Rage Rage.

Do you work for a lovely company? Maybe those resumes weren't completely serious.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
I knew some girl named "Iuesalt" or something similar. I always thought it was some Irish name.

Or maybe it was Iesalt.

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008
A friend of mine in the call center called a student named Fartlin, I've called at least two students named Miracle, and one student who's name was Al Hasan. Nothing wrong with that right? Well for his email he had switched his first and last name and put them together. It became Hasanal.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
"What were your parents thinking?" names from my home town:
Candice Graham Went by Candy as a little girl (CandyGram)
Dixie Wagle :dong:
Yashica Jackson Girl named after a Japanese camera company.
Polly Pulley Sounds like a carnival game.

Funny last names:
Huffendyke Pronounced "Huffindick" :gay:
Deathrage Pronounced "dethredge" but spelled ":black101:"
Hoggaboom :psyboom:
Bergschneider I just like this name because it has six consonants in a row right in the middle of it.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, I forgot about the stupidest name ever! A few years back I saw a birth notice in the local paper for a girl named Abrakadebra.

CannedMacabre has a new favorite as of 16:06 on Oct 12, 2012

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Someone named Crystaliz moved into an apartment that my company owns.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
Oh I have a bunch of these. My mom grew up in a small, mostly-Italian community outside of Boston, and knew a guy named Fortunato Testudo, whom everyone referred to as 'Lucky Balls' (testudo actually means head). She also dated a guy named Chick Chicarelli, which always struck me as very Happy Days, and a guy named Bernie Weiner, affectionately known as 'Salve'.

In my own experience I've met two kids named Repent Orburn and Praise TheLord, as well as someone named Jessum Jesus. My ex, through his job, met a girl named ShockLate, who chose to go by C.C, a girl named Destiny Child, a boy named Killer Koma and a boy named Magnificent.

Apparently also some friends of a friend named their poor kid Gandalf and he went by John in high school.

ETA: Oh and I almost forgot the kid I went to high school with, whose last name was Wang and his dad's name was Harold and his uncle's name was Richard. And yes, they did go by Harry and Dick.

Captain Foxy has a new favorite as of 00:34 on Oct 13, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Syllables posted:

I knew some girl named "Iuesalt" or something similar. I always thought it was some Irish name.

Or maybe it was Iesalt.

Iseult? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iseult

It's a real name, but still weird. Unless you're a bewitched Celtic queen, of course.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Has anyone already posted a Chris Cross? Because our school had one. He was a Jehova's Witness, which I only found out because one of his friends bade him happy birthday and he explained that they didn't celebrate birthdays. I was heartbroken for him, because drat, what kid doesn't want a birthday? :smith:

My honest-to-God name is Acacia. Like the tree. Take it in.

(And my family, being the hicks they are never said it "Akay-sha" the proper way. They say it "Ack-ay-see-uh". I've gotten used to both pronunciations, and will answer to either.)

(e: I don't feel bothered telling you guys my first name, since there are actually quite a few more Acacias than you'd believe.)

iamathousandapples
Jul 12, 2012

DicktheCat posted:

Has anyone already posted a Chris Cross? Because our school had one. He was a Jehova's Witness, which I only found out because one of his friends bade him happy birthday and he explained that they didn't celebrate birthdays. I was heartbroken for him, because drat, what kid doesn't want a birthday? :smith:
There was a 70's pop artist named Christopher Cross! :eng101: He did Ride Like The Wind among other songs.

NOT NOW GRANDPA
Dec 6, 2005

A professional contact I used to have was named Velva Wood. I had to consciously make an effort to not call her Vulva.

Her eventual replacement was named Tissy.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

A friend who works at a call center had a customer named MacFarland Powderface

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

DicktheCat posted:

My honest-to-God name is Acacia. Like the tree. Take it in.

(And my family, being the hicks they are never said it "Akay-sha" the proper way. They say it "Ack-ay-see-uh". I've gotten used to both pronunciations, and will answer to either.)

(e: I don't feel bothered telling you guys my first name, since there are actually quite a few more Acacias than you'd believe.)

A friend of mine got his card punched by an Acacia and she was a disgusting hambeast. Are you a similarly loathsome blob-shaped individual?

I used to work in a call centre that called people in the northwestern US. I spoke to a lot of Kermits, Merlins, and on one memorable occasional, Dick Percy.

He refused to be called Richard.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mad Hamish posted:

I used to work in a call centre

I work in one, and a slow day search showed me not one, not two, but eight Michael Hunt s. Those poor bastards.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
When I taught swimming lessons as a teenager, one of my students was named Willy Wang.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Topasuri female
Jibarri male
Trella female

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

b0nes posted:

Topasuri female
Jibarri male
Trella female

This cannot be real. please say it isn't real.