Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Voodoo posted:

I totally understand the reasoning behind why they aren't doing it - but man I wish the series was based on the '80s version of the show.

This just makes me miss the alternate builds on the back of boxes. Maybe they'll have a special through Lego.com or something for alternate 80's versions of minfigs or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

kensei posted:

Can someone buy me one of theose and ship it to the US? I'll pay for shipping and such.

Same here.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Well there goes a sizable chunk of my Lego budget for the TMNT sets when they come out, I have to have all those minifigures. I love me some turtles, this stuff is going to be irresistible unless the prices are insane.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Ika posted:

Can anyone from the UK buy me one of these ( http://legostig.co.uk/ ) and ship it to germany?
Anyone willing to get two for me and ship to USA? I'll take three if you can manage it (since limit 5 per UK household), but I would really like two (me + gift).

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Krazyface posted:

This guy's flickr account has a bunch of photos of the 2013 Ninjago and City sets. He also has photos of something called the "Fabuland builder's guild", which terrified me for a bit until I realised they weren't official sets. Please notice that the Crabtank has what appears to be a second tank underneath it.

Thanks for sharing!

I like the new ladder-piece. When I heard there was going to be new fire helicopter I thought to myself "another one? Really?" But now that I see it I think it's an interesting design.

Also, I don't know what that first Ninjago set, the one with double tracks, is supposed to be but I love it.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

I like the new ladder-piece. When I heard there was going to be new fire helicopter I thought to myself "another one? Really?" But now that I see it I think it's an interesting design.

This one?

I noticed it has a powered winch. Is that brand new?

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

It's been in one of the Creator sets and probably others as well, so not brand new. Brand new for City, though, AFAIK.

Edit: Yeah, that one.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Uh. Yeah. Make that three.

Hell, if you can get five of those, put them in a box and ship them to me, I'll make it worth your time.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I friend of mine is also interested in the stig, I would also take a second if something can be worked out.

Vimto
Sep 11, 2001
Manchester City F.C
Can someone post the promotional code for the Lego Stig please?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Voodoo posted:

I totally understand the reasoning behind why they aren't doing it - but man I wish the series was based on the '80s version of the show.

You just want a Lego blimp, don't you?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Admit it, ya'll just going to open his helmet to look at his face aren't you?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

So tomorrow I'm going to pick up either the Space Shuttle, VW Camper or Sopwith Camel, any opinions on which I should choose over the others?

I'm leaning Space Shuttle since I'm working towards Aerospace at university at the moment.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

SlothfulCobra posted:

You just want a Lego blimp, don't you?

Who doesn't?! They'll probably never make Das Hindenburg (ok, make that "definitely") but surely there's some other famous blimp they could do.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cakefool posted:

Admit it, ya'll just going to open his helmet to look at his face aren't you?

I'm desperately hoping it's all white with a screenprinted black visor.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Luminaflare posted:

So tomorrow I'm going to pick up either the Space Shuttle, VW Camper or Sopwith Camel, any opinions on which I should choose over the others?
I only have the camper but I'll weigh in. It's a good scale but doesn't take up that much space when built. It's a little fragile... the bumpers keep falling off when it bumps something but they look accurate. Nice details and not much repetition. The cloth bits feel a bit non Lego.

The Sopwith Camel is probably my next but it seems like it will take up a lot of space.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Luminaflare posted:

I'm leaning Space Shuttle since I'm working towards Aerospace at university at the moment.

The Sopwith Camel is excellent, but the VW Camper is probably my favorite Lego build of all time. Lots of really great details and I enjoyed building it the whole way through.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Anyone thinking of a LEGO costume for Halloween?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pirate Ken posted:

'Hey check out the sweet minecraft costume!'

quote:

Hahahah, that's one real life situation I didnt think I'd ever see replicated in lego.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

SynthOrange posted:

'Hey check out the sweet minecraft costume!'

Hahahah, that's one real life situation I didnt think I'd ever see replicated in lego.

<Insert sports team joke here.>

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

Vimto posted:

Can someone post the promotional code for the Lego Stig please?

TGLEGO

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Lego City: Detroit.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
They need to make a VW Van sized version of the classic Turtle Van.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Top Gear have lowered the amount of Lego Stigs you can order to 2.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

White torso+White legs+White helmet+Black Visor=Stig. How lazy are you guys?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Dr. Benway posted:

Very.
Also, still need the glue and keychain.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

Ika posted:

Very.
Also, still need the glue and keychain.

Yes. Very hard to come by, almost impossible.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Dr. Benway posted:

Yes, but which head? This is incredibly important, otherwise, it's just a guy in a white racesuit.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
It would have to be a white F1 drivers head if you made a stig with your own Lego. Know top gear, it would be a blank black head!

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

TMNT just confirmed at NYCC:

It's nice to see Crash Bandicoot is still getting work.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Target is having an instore and probably online %20 off sale on star wars, city, and i think Duplo.

Picked up the imperial v wing, some of the planets, garbage truck, and a creator set I hadn't seen (the one which makes a small yellow jet).

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
I ordered 5 Stigs today (before they lowered the limit to 2 I guess). Who still wants one sent to them for cost price + postage? Edit: All taken.

tactical_grace fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 13, 2012

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

madpanda posted:

Target is having an instore and probably online %20 off sale on star wars, city, and i think Duplo.

Picked up the imperial v wing, some of the planets, garbage truck, and a creator set I hadn't seen (the one which makes a small yellow jet).

There's also a couple LOTR sets I saw locally. I think it may depend on the store, but you can count on Star Wars and City sales.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on The Malevolence (something like $30 off), but we're driving to Chicago this weekend and I want some spending cash. I'm hoping I can catch a post-holidays clearance.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

tactical_grace posted:

I ordered 5 Stigs today (before they lowered the limit to 2 I guess). Who still wants one sent to them for cost price + postage?

I do! My email is my username at gmail.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

tactical_grace posted:

I ordered 5 Stigs today (before they lowered the limit to 2 I guess). Who still wants one sent to them for cost price + postage?

I'll take one, email is ragnarock01 @gmail.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

tactical_grace posted:

Oh yes *please*! PM me for email or deets? :dance:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Pirate Ken posted:

I saw a great one a few years ago. He had an absolutely massive Lego guy head and the best part were the clamp hands that looked like they were made out of cups or something. The body was even a full-on Lego body made out of cardboard, complete with the holes on the back of the legs. Easily one of the most popular costumes in the bar.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

tactical_grace posted:

I havn't heard from anyone else, and I still want one. (ika.sa [at] hotmail.com

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
OK, Stigs will be going to Ika, Ville Valo, InfinEight, and youareoffthehook (and I'll keep one for myself). I'll email you all when they arrive to find out addresses etc. Ville Valo I don't have PMs so can you email me at team awesome at gmail. Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Sweet, thanks tactical_grace. Some say, he's gonna look great on my keychain.