Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Bobulus posted:

Dead Tavros can walk just fine.

And has some sick fires, to boot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

This is the only screenshot I can believe accurately depicts the next walkaround.

No! Tavros's ancestor better be named after some variation of Dante Basco, dammit.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Bascio Nitram?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Dansco Nitram.

Or Rufioz. Rufioz is possible.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Wait, if that's Hussie's ring, does that mean John and Hussie are married now? This is really scrambling up my ships.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Did anyone else get the impression that Kurloz is supposed to be a Kiss fan rather than a juggalo?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Technique posted:

Wait, if that's Hussie's ring, does that mean John and Hussie are married now? This is really scrambling up my ships.

All of the Hussie-approved OTP packs end up just being one normal patch and one "You're Welcome" patch. The only Hussie-approved ships are him.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Having just come from comic con, I can confirm the canon existence of fat vriska. And man-vriska. And girl john. And male handmaiden. It's pretty much a weird fetish internet site brought to life down there.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Fister Roboto posted:

Did anyone else get the impression that Kurloz is supposed to be a Kiss fan rather than a juggalo?

I was thinking he was more of a Hot Topic goth type (who got brought into the Juggalo fold later).

That reminds me, why do people think Kurloz has some control or influence over Mituna? Did I miss a conversation in the flash?

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Yeah, if you use her to give him the codpiece she gets some lord English eyes and straight conspires with him. Then if you use kurloz to talk with her again before wandering off she doesn't remember any of it.

Edit: talk to her afterwards as kurloz, that is

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

brainSnakes posted:

Yeah, if you use her to give him the codpiece she gets some lord English eyes and straight conspires with him. Then if you use kurloz to talk with her again before wandering off she doesn't remember any of it.

That's Meulin.

Some people think Mituna is being influenced by Kurloz in the same way because they're moirails and Mituna's apparently only lucid around him. Not sure I can agree, but I see the reasoning.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

brainSnakes posted:

Edit: talk to her afterwards as kurloz, that is

That's Meulin, not Mituna.

e: beaten

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

poo poo, my bad. Aranea mentions in one of her Lucy stalls that kurloz was the only one around when mituna fried himself, and Cronus mentions mituna is supposedly capable of speaking intelligently around kurloz still so... implied more than stated, but it seems likely mituna is a kurloz tool too.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The other bit of the logic is that the three people mentioned as hanging out with Kurloz are Mituna, Meulin, and Porrim... which, in A2, were the three followers of the Sufferer, who was to conflict most directly with the Subjuggulators.

Given that all the A1 trolls know about their A2 lives, it would make sense for Kurloz to subtly go after those who would be most likely to oppose him, circumstantually-simultaneously-wise.

Oh, and given that Mituna burned out his future-vision, Meulin is deaf, and Kurloz is mute, you could argue for a See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil theme.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
edit: Beat by so many folks

brainSnakes posted:

Wrong person (Mewlin, not Mituna), though relevant to the Mituna theory. Basically, Aranea mentions that Mituna used to be pretty normal, but would always talk about how he was stopping various dooms the group would have otherwise brought upon itself. Then, one day, he wasn't the same. Apparently he blew out his psychic powers stopping some massive threat, but the only other person who was there to see was Kurloz. Combined with the story about Mewlin's deafening from Kurloz's big 'ol honk, and his subsequent mind control, there's theories that other folks might be sleepers too, such as Mituna. It would also fit with the Disciple and Wiioniic being two followers of the Sufferer in A2, with them being 'followers' of Kurloz in A1.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

change my name posted:

Having just come from comic con, I can confirm the canon existence of fat vriska. And man-vriska. And girl john. And male handmaiden. It's pretty much a weird fetish internet site brought to life down there.

You can pretty much confirm the canon existence of fat-anything.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bobulus posted:

The other bit of the logic is that the three people mentioned as hanging out with Kurloz are Mituna, Meulin, and Porrim... which, in A2, were the three followers of the Sufferer, who was to conflict most directly with the Subjuggulators.

Yeah, I'm sure Porrim and Kurloz "hung out"

:quagmire:

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Yeah, I'm sure Porrim and Kurloz "hung out"

:quagmire:

Emote plus avatar brilliance right here.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Uh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Someone's about to have a breakdown.

(Also Tavros grew a backbone.....sort of?)

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Well, if the next update stays with John it's going to be amazingly awkward.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
Yeah, Tavros does seem a bit different. More assertive? But this is gonna be awkward.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Well so much for the dreambubble afterlife being a graveyard for character development!

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

John's going to wake up before Vriska shows up, I bet. Tavros is going to punch him to get the ring back and he'll wake up.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
mY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSS,

eGGBERTSES, i WANTS IT,

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

As we've seen from Tavros' behavior leading up to his death, prolonged exposure to Vriska, and his attempts to poorly copy and implement her behavior, tend to leave him more reckless and douchy and prone to horrible decisions than ever before.

And now, in an extension of this, he wants to marry her. It's a slippery slope and he's falling down it like a flight of stairs covered in floorwax.

Someone get that kid to E/N and tell him to sever, stat.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I am totally hoping for a

Tavros posted:

uHH, nO,
vRISKA! nO!
next upd8.

I figure Tavros' change in personality is due to the time spent together with Vriska, followed by the time spent apart from her, travelling together in the afterlife.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Vriska shows up just as John gives Tavros the ring, making them human married. We hit Peak Awkward.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
I think John and Tavros being assholes to each other could be a great rivalry, because that conversation was fantastic.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Wait, does he want to propose to Vriska? The antecedents are all wonky.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
John would do anything for love marriage :allears:

Color Printer posted:

(Also Tavros grew a backbone.....sort of?)
Did I skip the pesterlog where they made this pun? there is no way nobody made this pun.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

A small nitpick, but aren't Tavros' teeth upside-down in the last panel? Not his smile, more that the big pointy ones are on the bottom now. He looks like he's about to call a Waaaaagh.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

WAR FOOT posted:

A small nitpick, but aren't Tavros' teeth upside-down in the last panel? Not his smile, more that the big pointy ones are on the bottom now. He looks like he's about to call a Waaaaagh.
we've already been over this: due to weird troll anatomy, tavros can flip his mouth turnways.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Wouldn't this be the perfect time to suddenly switch over to Meenahquest episode 3 :allears:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
:allears: And tumblr goes critical in 3... 2...

It's so weird seeing Tavros be an rear end. Like being savaged by a goldfish or something.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 13, 2012

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Seoinin posted:

:allears: And tumblr goes critical in 3... 2...

It's so weird seeing Tavros be an rear end. Like being savaged by a goldfish or something.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/tavris

This is a genuine spectator sport. :munch:

tumblr posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

GAMTAV

PBJ

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HUSSIEE

tumblr posted:

THE UPDATE IS MAKING ME CRY TAVRIS WAS MY FIRST OTP IN HOMESTUCK IM LEGITIMATELY CRYING

tumblr posted:

Me and my friend talking about what Hussie did to our JohnVris and Pb & J ships

Oh my god this is like Christmas, Tumblr is the gift that keeps on giving.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 13, 2012

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

Oh my god this is like Christmas, Tumblr is the gift that keeps on giving.
ahaha it really is. Hate, hate from all quarters and sides. Things fall apart, the center cannot hold. Mere shipping is loosed upon the world.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
What the hell is Pb & J? Please clue me into this stupid shipping lingo.

EDIT: Aw, how cute, like you think this will work:

quote:

Okay. Let's avoid an accident.
Tag Tavris hate as #Tavris h8

and tag tavris as #Tavris

or something like that

so we can all just

be happy and co-exist and not be assholes.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

ComradeCosmobot posted:

EDIT: Aw, how cute, like you think this will work:

Peanut Butter and Jelly. Brown and Purple. Tavros and Gamzee.

As annoying as shippers can be I always get a kick out of their portmanteaus.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Tavros (PB, peanut butter, brown blood) and Gamzee (J, Jelly, Purple blood).

I hate that I know this, even if it is a tiny bit clever

E:f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Peanut Butter and Jelly. Brown and Purple. Tavros and Gamzee.

As annoying as shippers can be I always get a kick out of their portmanteaus.

It's true. (I have no earthly idea how someone could come to a Tavros/Gamzee ship considering that I don't think they've ever even been in the same panel, but then again, shippers are weird.)