Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They've been doing a good job of highlighting the bleak desperation of the people living in a thoroughly beaten world.

Edit: Basebaaaaallll :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Two weeks? Dammit.

WhoIsBarryBostwick
Sep 17, 2008

You're going to like the way you look...I guarantee it.

Kammat posted:

Two weeks? Dammit.

:argh:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Regy Rusty posted:

They've been doing a good job of highlighting the bleak desperation of the people living in a thoroughly beaten world.

Edit: Basebaaaaallll :argh:

Yet the last two weeks showed that when people meet the team they start to develop Hope. Also I was glad that the episode did not end with the kid declaring vengeance for his father.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
Baseball next week?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Looks like it's reserved for the NLCS game 5. SWEEP DAMMIT SWEEP!

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
A man sacrifices himself.
A little tree-boy becomes an orphan.
Walter finds some bitchin' shades.

Pretty good day.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

seravid posted:

A man sacrifices himself.
A little tree-boy becomes an orphan.
Walter finds some bitchin' shades.

Pretty good day.

Someone make me an av please. I'll have to find some money but god I want that as an av. Of someone wants to buy one, that's cool too. :allears:

der juicen fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 13, 2012

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

der juicen posted:

Someone make me an av please. I'll have to find some money but god I want that as an av. Of someone wants to buy one, that's cool too. :allears:

This do it for ya?

EDIT: That's a bit small now that I've had a closer look at it, here it is again

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 13, 2012

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Ladies?

Or, you know, there's also this:

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

seravid posted:

Ladies?

Or, you know, there's also this:

All of them are amazing. One day I will have one of them. Buy the end of this season I proclaim!

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Claiming this one!

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Well, that was certainly ...an episode of Fringe. Well-acted, with good effects but ultimately kind of arbitrary in the grand scheme of the show, and considering how limited the final season is in length, I'm not sure why they focused on what they did. My only guess is that the themes explored in this episode are being used to give resonance to things yet-to-come.

A few things:

Weren't the people with crispy skin all ultimately doomed anyway, just over a longer period of time?

It was kind of funny how the Observers sent like three dudes after their public enemies number 1

What was/is September's ultimate fate? Do we not know it? He was whisked off at his death but some unseen force or something, right?

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

AwkwardKnob posted:

I'm not sure why they focused on what they did. My only guess is that the themes explored in this episode are being used to give resonance to things yet-to-come.
This is definitely what's going on. Big focus on the human spirit and how it endures. I'm guessing that the Observers' underestimation of the human spirit will be their undoing, especially now that we've got the entire Bishop family now.

Is it just me, or is that just really badass? Three generations of Bishops, kicking rear end together! Now all that's missing is a scene of all of them getting stoned together.

AwkwardKnob posted:

What was/is September's ultimate fate? Do we not know it? He was whisked off at his death but some unseen force or something, right?
You mean when he disappeared off the gurney in Walter's lab? I thought that was a team led by September's boss, come to detain him. He stayed in one place for too long, so they found him and snatched him.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tupperwarez posted:

This is definitely what's going on. Big focus on the human spirit and how it endures. I'm guessing that the Observers' underestimation of the human spirit will be their undoing, especially now that we've got the entire Bishop family now.

Is it just me, or is that just really badass? Three generations of Bishops, kicking rear end together! Now all that's missing is a scene of all of them getting stoned together.

I hadn't thought of it before, but Henrietta Bishop is a ridiculous name.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

I hadn't thought of it before, but Henrietta Bishop is a ridiculous name.

Don't forget that Peter's now nonexistent son was named "Henry." He's just obsessed with that name.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

muscles like this? posted:

Don't forget that Peter's now nonexistent son was named "Henry." He's just obsessed with that name.

The son was named after Bubbles the taxi driver.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Flatscan posted:

The son was named after Bubbles the taxi driver.

Peter didn't know about that guy. So he found out he had a son named Henry in an alternate timeline, and just assumed he must have had a good reason to call him that?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Peter didn't know about that guy. So he found out he had a son named Henry in an alternate timeline, and just assumed he must have had a good reason to call him that?
It's possible, but Amber Olivia knows the taxi driver from when he helped her. She may have named her kid after him like her doppleganger did. Honestly, it's all kind of confusing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I still find Bubbles having all his teeth and them being straight weird

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nichael posted:

It's possible, but Amber Olivia knows the taxi driver from when he helped her. She may have named her kid after him like her doppleganger did. Honestly, it's all kind of confusing.

Oh right, I got confused about which Olivia was what. But wait, then didn't alternate Olivia give birth to Henry? so why did she name her kid after Bubbles?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

boom boom boom posted:

Oh right, I got confused about which Olivia was what. But wait, then didn't alternate Olivia give birth to Henry? so why did she name her kid after Bubbles?

Because he delivered it.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
This week's article by Jeff Jensen had what I thought were a few interesting observations. They might be nitpicks, or they might be intentional. I'll summarize his points:

First, he notices that the coordinates videotape Walter and the coordinates Olivia repeated back to Etta were different. Walter's coordinates would've been in Canada, while Olivia's were accurate and guided them to approximately where they needed to go.

Second, he pointed out that Walter was intrigued why they would record Donald's entire visit to the camp. Edwin said the camp recorded it because of what happened to him. Why would they record it unless they knew something bad would happen? Maybe Donald wanted it to be recorded. Then, Jensen goes into theories about time travelling versions of people we've encountered and the true identity of this new figure.

Third (I know I said two), you can get Walter's shades here.

The first might just be a mistake, the second might just be a clumsy way to introduce Donald. I thought they were interesting for discussion, nonetheless.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

der juicen posted:

Fringe is so depressing. :(

Not totally...after all, Gene is safe in the amber, waiting to be revived! :haw:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

This might be a nitpick but was there ever any reason established as to why they couldn't just wait for Astrid to finish cleaning the tape before leaving for the coordinates? Just leave with all the information (look for a mine, a well, stones, this many stones) and get the job done quickly before the Observers could get close, right?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

She's destined to do something, according to September, and Henry was literally the bizarro B-Universe version of Henrietta. Not very clever but it's not totally retarded.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

She's destined to do something, according to September, and Henry was literally the bizarro B-Universe version of Henrietta. Not very clever but it's not totally retarded.

Wasn't she the direct-line ancestor of the observers or something silly like that? That, at least as far as September knew, he was working so hard to keep her around because she was necessary to ensure the right future happened?

If he's still alive, I bet he feels stupid about doing all that work now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

FrensaGeran posted:

This might be a nitpick but was there ever any reason established as to why they couldn't just wait for Astrid to finish cleaning the tape before leaving for the coordinates? Just leave with all the information (look for a mine, a well, stones, this many stones) and get the job done quickly before the Observers could get close, right?
It wasn't really established, but they didn't really have time to wait and see if she could salvage anything else

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
Why was there no Fringe last Friday? :smith:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

richardfun posted:

Why was there no Fringe last Friday? :smith:

St. Louis Cardinals again :smith:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think you mean the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think you both meant gently caress baseball no one watches that terrible sport.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think you both meant gently caress baseball no one watches that terrible sport.

:(

I still like baseball

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
The fact that a television show is regularly postponed so people can watch baseball is like some kind of weird sick joke that I can't believe is a real thing that happens :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwGybS6TWEM

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

DirtyRobot posted:

The fact that a television show is regularly postponed so people can watch baseball is like some kind of weird sick joke that I can't believe is a real thing that happens :(

Baseball owns, sorry. Though my thinking it owns is rather curious since I cheer for the Blue Jays.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Friendly Factory posted:

Baseball owns, sorry. Though my thinking it owns is rather curious since I cheer for the Blue Jays.

The Red Sox are running themselves into the ground as we speak, 2013 may be your year!

And in case anyone's curious Friday is a travel day for the World Series teams so barring a rain postponement for Game 1 or 2 there is a new episode this week.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
So, I was rewatching season 4 because God's Own New York Yankees are no longer in the postseason, and I got to episode 11, which is the episode with Austrid crossing over, and noticed that the delightful "vagenda" line was in the previously-on. But something seemed off, so I went back to that episode, 3.08, and watched that scene again.

"She tricked my son with her carnal manipulations and he fell right into her vagenda!"

So then I checked out the previously on.

"Evil ... that temptress. And I fell right into her vagenda!"

They either provided a different take or refilmed that scene to reflect that the "previously on" was flashing back in the Peter-less timeline. (More likely they just had John Noble voice it over.) But still.

This loving show.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

The Warszawa posted:

So, I was rewatching season 4 because God's Own New York Yankees are no longer in the postseason, and I got to episode 11, which is the episode with Austrid crossing over, and noticed that the delightful "vagenda" line was in the previously-on. But something seemed off, so I went back to that episode, 3.08, and watched that scene again.

"She tricked my son with her carnal manipulations and he fell right into her vagenda!"

So then I checked out the previously on.

"Evil ... that temptress. And I fell right into her vagenda!"

They either provided a different take or refilmed that scene to reflect that the "previously on" was flashing back in the Peter-less timeline. (More likely they just had John Noble voice it over.) But still.

This loving show.

Well in the Peterless universe when Bolivia was infiltrating Universe-A's Fringe division there was no Peter to seduce so Bolivia had to think fast and...

:quagmire:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

quote:

So Fox announced that The Following will now debut on Monday 1/21 and Touch will come back (briefly before surely being cancelled) and take over the Fringe spot on Friday 2/1.

I guess that means the last episode is 12/25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

bobkatt013 posted:

I guess that means the last episode is 12/25

Christmas with the Bishops I hope.

• Locked thread