Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

jassa posted:

Unless she joins the crew.
Would she become the thing that propels Thousand Sunny, like Laboon was for Brooke's original crew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Autumncomet posted:

Just got an email from Amazon. They're offering up to 50% off anime titles. One Piece collection sets for less than $20. :stare:

Thanks for posting this, I wanted to pick them up as they came out but it was adding up fast. This will save a lot of money :D

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Episode of Nami subs someone said? :)

Here's the .rear end file. It's timed with a 1:46:06 raw. You guys should use the Spanish subbed release done by The World of Kirano Fansubs, with the original timing, and just switch the subtitle track (or find a raw with the same length, this one is nearly 1.6GB). The English translation was done by Mr. Luffy of Arlong Park forums and looks good for the most part. I can link this because Funimation hasn't picked it up and probably won't any time soon.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Autumncomet posted:

Episode of Nami subs someone said? :)

Here's the .rear end file. It's timed with a 1:46:06 raw. You guys should use the Spanish subbed release done by The World of Kirano Fansubs, with the original timing, and just switch the subtitle track (or find a raw with the same length, this one is nearly 1.6GB). The English translation was done by Mr. Luffy of Arlong Park forums and looks good for the most part. I can link this because Funimation hasn't picked it up and probably won't any time soon.

Wow, they compressed out a lot of the best parts. Like nearly all the awesome :zoro:. And the music change for the walk to Arlong Park really detracts.

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.

jassa posted:

Unless she joins the crew.

sucks if they ever have to go to Alabasta again.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Aokiji's Funimation voice from season 4, voyage 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heGQqdZuKes
e: "Total slovenly justice" :allears:

Mecca-Benghazi fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 7, 2012

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Autumncomet posted:

Aokiji's Funimation voice from season 4, voyage 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heGQqdZuKes
e: "Total slovenly justice" :allears:

Oh man. It's not One Piece, but the related video has this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLEzZGosqe8

I love it. I'm not a fan of the meme, but I do just love completely over the top dubbing, and always found DBZ's hilarious, the comparison of all the different English versions of it is great, I like that one of them specifically tries to ape the original. :allears:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

If you want to know how to pronounce the admirals' names, Stephanie Young breaks it down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwNcztlXmOs

Also:

Mike McFarland posted:

Directed the voices of a rabbit pretending to be a cat, a butt-kicking cook, a 3-headed judge, and a leopard man. Typical Monday. #OnePiece
Enies Lobby is being dubbed. :circlefap:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

And speaking of more dubbing, the Season 4 voyage 3 trailer came out. Luffy v. Usopp... :smith:

I don't think it works for non-American viewers, but I can try to find a youtube of it.

e: A youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c02bzHwqFL4

Mecca-Benghazi fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 10, 2012

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Nami.rear end may be the best file I have ever downloaded.

Nami Special Spoilers

Despite being one of my favorite arcs, I didn't really like the special that much. Just felt too rushed, which is surprising considering how long it was. The beginning was cool though, and I liked the art. And yeah, the walk to Arlong Park was nothing special like the first one. I think the extra sound effects of them walking with the different music ruined it perhaps, or maybe the camera angles, but it was disappointing.

Also, I don't much care for a lot of people's new powers.

Chopper's Kungfu Point was finally something I was willing to accept as an ability granted by the Human Human fruit, but then he became a mole

I know One Piece has a lot of technology, but Franky's new robots and things aren't really doing it for me

Brook is okay I guess, but watching the drawn out hypnosis scene was annoying

Nami hasn't apparently changed

I saw Robin's powerup coming, and it's a pretty okay use of her power honestly

Sanji's power up is actually really cool, as is Zoro's

Though I don't actually care much for Firehawk or Haki Armament (mostly the art)

But Ussoppu is by far the worst. He now has plant powers? But they aren't powered by any logic at all. He sent out a giant, running pine tree wolf whose nose explodes? It's just stupid in my opinion. It's not any clever use of his character or his character's abilities up to this point or even a clever use of plants.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Oct 12, 2012

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Usopp found the plants ("Pop Greens") On the island he was stuck on during the time skip. They're just a new type of cool option, like the dials from Skypiea. Usopp becomes more like Batman every day. :allears:

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.

Silento posted:

Usopp found the plants ("Pop Greens") On the island he was stuck on during the time skip. They're just a new type of cool option, like the dials from Skypiea. Usopp becomes more like Batman every day. :allears:

True, but I see what he means though.

I loved how he would go into a fight with absolutely nothing but some small explosives, hot salsa, bubble gum, and some fake cockroaches. Using plants he found on an island is absolutely in character, but I always enjoyed him the most when he played dirty with a couple frying pans and paint.

However what I really wanna know is is he still negative?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Don't forget the fight with Luffy where he utilized all the dials. A Breathe Dial full of explosive gas? Hell. yes.

Usopp's strength is in versatility. We've only seen the plants used once each. When it will really get good is if he starts using the same plants in stranger, more creative ways.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The problem is that normal guy Ussop with normal stuff just cant cut it in the crazy New World. So Oda invited wacky plant things to use in his tactics.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
The problem with Usopp's new abilities is that some of his stronger attacks are getting dangerously close to the superhero trope of "well if he has that ability why didn't he use it when x happened".

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Because the next batch isn't ready to harvest yet. The problem with Usopp's new abilities is he must have a huge garden somewhere on the ship. Or maybe once he runs out he'll just scrounge whatever is lying around, but he can't have infinite pop greens in his bag.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

cooldude2.0 posted:

Because the next batch isn't ready to harvest yet. The problem with Usopp's new abilities is he must have a huge garden somewhere on the ship. Or maybe once he runs out he'll just scrounge whatever is lying around, but he can't have infinite pop greens in his bag.

Usopp's bag has always been a bag of holding.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Bobulus posted:

We've only seen the plants used once each.

He's used the carnivorous plant monster thing every time now except this last time. I guess the difference between the dials and the plants was that they required cleverness and some skill sometimes or at least some kind of stamina. Literally anyone can use these pop greens. He used to be a sniper, now he just throws plants at them that do all sorts of weird things that have nothing to do with plants.

I guess I was more forgiving of his new power until he used his last finishing move. A pinetree wolf with an explosive nose? What was the point of the pinetree wolf part? Why not just shoot an explosive? And why could it run?!

And it all just seems irrelevant to his training on food island.

Taratang posted:

The problem with Usopp's new abilities is that some of his stronger attacks are getting dangerously close to the superhero trope of "well if he has that ability why didn't he use it when x happened".

To be fair, he theoretically has limited supplies of every pop green.

DukeOfDummies posted:

However what I really wanna know is is he still negative?

I think he's freaked out already a few times while they were reaching the island and when they were in the cage.

I wonder if Peronna's power would work on Robin. :iiam:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Shadow0 posted:

He used to be a sniper,

In name, sure, but I can't remember the last time he did anything actually sniper-related. Everything he's done has been based more around his trickster abilities, thank proficiency at hitting dudes from a distance. That might be because he hasn't had a fight with any other snipers/ranged fighters though, so I imagine the drat-near inevitable fight with Yassop will change that a little.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dragonatrix posted:

In name, sure, but I can't remember the last time he did anything actually sniper-related. Everything he's done has been based more around his trickster abilities, thank proficiency at hitting dudes from a distance. That might be because he hasn't had a fight with any other snipers/ranged fighters though, so I imagine the drat-near inevitable fight with Yassop will change that a little.

Yeah, Luffy should definitely switch out Usopp for Sogeking. That dude was sniper as gently caress. Hitting dudes with a slingshot from beyond gun range, against the wind.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Dragonatrix posted:

You really can't remember Ussop's greatest moment? His entire involvement in Enies' Lobby was "Snipers are awesome."

e;fb

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

His sniping skills were also useful back in Thriller Bark when he had to deliver salt balls to the zombies' mouths to disable them. He almost one-shotted Oars this way, too.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

gnome7 posted:

You really can't remember Ussop's greatest moment? His entire involvement in Enies' Lobby was "Snipers are awesome."

e;fb

That was incredibly underwhelming for what was supposed to be his big commitment to the whole thing. They made a big thing about Usopp leaving the crew and coming back, but he ended up not doing a whole lot.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Momomo posted:

That was incredibly underwhelming for what was supposed to be his big commitment to the whole thing. They made a big thing about Usopp leaving the crew and coming back, but he ended up not doing a whole lot.

Really? He completely saved the day. Without Usopp they'd've failed. Robin would have been taken and the crew would've been destroyed. He freed her, bought time for Franky, and got all the keys across. With a slingshot. Against the wind. From a kilometer away.

If that's not impressive to you then I don't know what you expect from a sniper.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah but that's pretty much all he got to do. He didn't get a fight, he only got his rear end kicked. It just seems so lame that his finest moment is shooting fodder.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's more the batshit insane stuff he did. No sniper would have been able to pull off what Usopp did back there.
Yea he didn't get to take down a CP9 member, but he singlehandedly saved the day.
Blew Spandam up, delivered the keys, took down a load of marines who couldn't reach him with their guns. Provided cover fire, allowing Franky to reach Robin. All that with a freaking slingshot!

There are more than 1 way to prove your a badass.

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 14, 2012

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up. Jesus Christ that's got to be the most over the top blood transfusion in history. The ending question definitely deserves this though.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
They really hammered home the 'LET'S NOT BE RACIST' message this episode. Even though, as a shonen anime, One Piece is full of cliches I'm really disliking the 'chosen one' vibe I've been getting from Luffy recently.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'd say that Luffy is less the chosen one than one of the chosen ones. After all it seems like anyone with a legit middle name of D has the same ability to change the world as he does.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Azzents posted:

Even though, as a shonen anime, One Piece is full of cliches I'm really disliking the 'chosen one' vibe I've been getting from Luffy recently.

Yeah, some of the Supernovas have comparable or higher bounties. I want to know what they did. It'd be nice to see someone else making an affect on the world. I mean Luffy and his crew blew up the Enes Lobby and Impel Down and Luffy fought in the War of the Best... What tops that?

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Shadow0 posted:

Yeah, some of the Supernovas have comparable or higher bounties. I want to know what they did. It'd be nice to see someone else making an affect on the world. I mean Luffy and his crew blew up the Enes Lobby and Impel Down and Luffy fought in the War of the Best... What tops that?

Murdering lots of people. I'm pretty sure at least one Supernova outright had their bounty confirmed as being higher for this reason way back during Sabaody.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Kid has a higher bounty than Luffy because he and his crew are pretty sadistic. The Straw Hats just get bounties for publicly and outrageously thumbing their nose at government authority.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Watching the episode, and noticed something really hilarious. When Jimbei is preventing the mermen and humans from escaping, it cuts to a shot of some guys yelling 'dammit!'. Well one of the guys is wearing a shirt that says "CHIKI SHOW" on it, which is essentially the phrase for dammit.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Watching the episode, and noticed something really hilarious. When Jimbei is preventing the mermen and humans from escaping, it cuts to a shot of some guys yelling 'dammit!'. Well one of the guys is wearing a shirt that says "CHIKI SHOW" on it, which is essentially the phrase for dammit.
Still not as amusing as "I am eat meat" or "Frog? No. Hippo". :colbert:

I suspect Drake's bounty is more to do with the fact that he left the Marines as a Rear Admiral than any wrongdoing. He always looks so mad in the group Supernova shots, I wonder if Oda is hinting he became a pirate out of necessity or some sense of justice rather than "seeing what the other side is like." Also, he's a dinosaur.

But yeah, good episode. We're getting to the good stuff now. :dance:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So, New Episode.

• Find out why Zorro is the perfect first mate for Luffy
  • Filler character has a racist as gently caress design
  • Robin apparently got ridiculous breast implants to celebrate their victory, even by One Piece standards
  • No, seriously, what the gently caress is with that singer?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Gyges posted:

[*]Robin apparently got ridiculous breast implants to celebrate their victory, even by One Piece standards

Yeah, that was stupid.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

The party was actually a lot of fun. The poor king. :allears:

Gyges posted:

So, New Episode.

• Robin apparently got ridiculous breast implants to celebrate their victory, even by One Piece standards
:cripes: Anime...

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I think the wonky art this episode was partially to blame for it.
Robin looked like some freaky bug monster at certain points. Especially during her talk with Neptune.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Season 4, voyage 3 cover!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
e: Completely wrong topic

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 25, 2012