Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Also the fact that when Gamzee was peddling troll blood potions, he was pushing Tavros blood as making you an excellent kisser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Could it really be? Are we right on the cusp of Vriskatime?!
With all the shipping nonsense exploding, it seems people are forgetting this very, extremely important thing. She's here. It is Vriska time. Time for Vriska. Vriska o'clock. A quarter to Vriska. 0-Vriska-hundred hours in 24-hour time. Half past Vriska. Twenty Vriskas to the hour. T-minus 0 seconds until Vriska.

Vriska Time.™

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
That might be more meaningful if not for the fact that all the time is Vriska time.

It really seems like Vriska doesn't have feelings for Tavros in any of the quadrants. She definitely doesn't love him, she doesn't seem to have him since she killed him, there's no spade-thing, and they aren't really friends.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Elysiume posted:

It really seems like Vriska doesn't have feelings for Tavros in any of the quadrants. She definitely doesn't love him, she doesn't seem to have him since she killed him, there's no spade-thing, and they aren't really friends.

Where did you get this? It seems like a long time has passed since Tavrisprite, and we've only had Tavros's angle here. He could be delusional, or they could actually be dating.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Where did you get this? It seems like a long time has passed since Tavrisprite, and we've only had Tavros's angle here. He could be delusional, or they could actually be dating.

I'm rooting for whatever makes the most people angry.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Hyedum posted:

As am I. As we all should be. Schadenfreude is wonderful. :allears:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Yeah, she was just trying to be her ruthless, awesome ancestor as her way of coping with the stress of murdering thousands of children to feed her ravenous spidermom. Part of that was flirting with Eridan and Tavros, descendants of the Orphaner and the Summoner. She was never interested in Tavros or anything he did, just in what she thought he could be turned into--a dashing, ambitious hero who could fly and lead huge armies of beasts against his foes.

Of course, Tavros has changed a lot over the past two years, so I suppose it's not inconceivable that Vriska has, too.

E: What'd make the most people angry: Vriska, tormented by the guilt she learned from John, is unable to bring herself to hurt Tavros emotionally and gets sucked into a joyless human marriage with him where he's constantly cruel because he believes that's what a healthy relationship with Vriska entails.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 13, 2012

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

E: What'd make the most people angry: Vriska, tormented by the guilt she learned from John, is unable to bring herself to hurt Tavros emotionally and gets sucked into a joyless human marriage with him where he's constantly cruel because he believes that's what a healthy relationship with Vriska entails.

A Streetcar Named Homestuck

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Hyedum posted:

King of Solomon posted:

As am I. As we all should be. Schadenfreude is wonderful. :allears:
This is indeed the correct answer.

I wager for no one ending up with anyone. Then no one is happy. Except us.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

King of Solomon posted:

Tavrisprite may have had lasting repercussions on their personalities, I think, assuming it's the same two that combined to form voltron.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Comic posted:

Tavrisprite may have had lasting repercussions on their personalities, I think, assuming it's the same two that combined to form voltron.

Certainly, but we really don't know that yet. Remember, in this bubble we have had one line of dialogue from Vriska, and it's her calling Tavros's name. We can certainly speculate, but we shouldn't state things like that as fact yet.

Dick Bitchwhistle
Oct 28, 2007

by Lowtax

Elysiume posted:

It was heavily implied that Vriska had unrequited hate for Tavros long ago, but may have simply grew out of it.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

King of Solomon posted:

Certainly, but we really don't know that yet. Remember, in this bubble we have had one line of dialogue from Vriska, and it's her calling Tavros's name. We can certainly speculate, but we shouldn't state things like that as fact yet.

I think it's safe to say SOMETHING changed him, and considering we've seen trolls spend basically an eternity without changing I think it's safer to speculate on an outside force. Vriska could easily be exactly the same and it wouldn't really negate the possibility. So far Tavros is just bursting with more confidence and that makes him look like a jerk because he kind of wanted to be able to do those things always.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Comic posted:

I think it's safe to say SOMETHING changed him, and considering we've seen trolls spend basically an eternity without changing I think it's safer to speculate on an outside force. Vriska could easily be exactly the same and it wouldn't really negate the possibility. So far Tavros is just bursting with more confidence and that makes him look like a jerk because he kind of wanted to be able to do those things always.

Tavros definitely changed. This much is obvious, I agree. I'm just commenting on Vriska. It's really too early to tell with her. We'll probably find out soon, though, unless Hussie decides to drop Meenahbound3 on us right now.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

With all the shipping nonsense exploding, it seems people are forgetting this very, extremely important thing. She's here. It is Vriska time. Time for Vriska. Vriska o'clock. A quarter to Vriska. 0-Vriska-hundred hours in 24-hour time. Half past Vriska. Twenty Vriskas to the hour. T-minus 0 seconds until Vriska.

Vriska Time.™

It's words like these that Hussie is going to be thinking of when he makes the next panel being John randomly eaten by a dreambubble sandworm, so he wakes up and we go see someone else next.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Hyedum posted:

I don't know if any of you follow Marvel or X-Men, but one of the writers has been building up a group of teenage villains who are deliberately as obnoxious, entitled, and condescending as possible. These bad guys just killed off a really likable, sympathetic character, and from the response online a lot of readers are pissed at the book's writer and feel like he's jerking the audience around. There are demands that the author be taken off the book, calls for petitions, that kind of thing.

I wanna be like: guys. Guys. Let me tell you about a man named Andrew Hussie. Let me tell you about Homestuck.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Man oh man, the Vriska thread on the mspa forums is a goldmine of awful fandom right now. (It's always a goldmine of terrible fandom). Probably not as good as tumblr but I will be damned if I ever learn how to actually navigate tumblr.

I am eagerly awaiting Vriska Time. Preparing for legitimate Vriskachat.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Well, to be fair, we only have Tavros's word that she's a matesprit. And it's not like Tavros is exactly an unbiased observer in the issue.

"Of course she's my girlfriend! She's just in denial/doesn't know it yet/is technically dating somebody else."

Is something I've heard somewhere before, and I'm not sure if I want to remember where.

Seoinin posted:

Realtalk tho, there's a kinda grody tone to a lot of Vriska and Tavros's relationship. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about stuff at the moment.

You mean the part where it seems like even now he only wants it because he's been told to and/or as a bizarre stockholm syndrome type thing? And how even if Tavros is over most of his personal issues when it comes to everyone else, a history of abuse and manipulation doesn't just go away?

Then again, :swoon:~~TWOO WUV~~:swoon: (:barf:)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Yes Tavros, this a great idea and will certainly turn out better than the last time someone proposed to Vriska.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Roger Explosion posted:

Twenty Vriskas to the hour.

So, a Vriska lasts three minutes.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Even if she shows up, I wonder how well she'll remember John. Two years is a long time to a teenager, but could be eons in ghost-butt time.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
What's particularly funny is that if I recall correctly, John doesn't actually know what Vriska looks like, so even after she shows up Hussie can continue dragging this out for quite some time. John may go through an entire conversation with Tavros and Vriska and wake up without ever actually knowing he was talking to her.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

fatherdog posted:

What's particularly funny is that if I recall correctly, John doesn't actually know what Vriska looks like, so even after she shows up Hussie can continue dragging this out for quite some time. John may go through an entire conversation with Tavros and Vriska and wake up without ever actually knowing he was talking to her.

The reverse isn't true, though. I can't really imagine that Vriska wouldn't identify herself. That would be really strange.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Judging from the way John's been getting progressively more freaked out over being replaced or shoved aside as a third wheel, it'd be totally apropos to set up a situation where he thinks even the crazy martian chick that hit on him that one time has moved on without him.

Incidentally I totally would not put it past Tavros to misconstrue hanging out with someone without overt attempts at murder being made as a boyfriend/girlfriend situation.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Guys, John can totally identify them, he just needs to read the chatlog and see "TAVROS" and "VRISKA", an-oh right.

I think actually the worst thing that could happen, at least for the John-Vriska shippers, would be for John to not only be completely unaffected by the fact that Vriska's dead, but also completely okay with the fact that Tavros likes her, and possibly the other way around.

John moving on would be an unlikely scenario, but drat it if it wouldn't make Tumblr implode in on itself. :allears:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

King of Solomon posted:

The reverse isn't true, though. I can't really imagine that Vriska wouldn't identify herself. That would be really strange.

Well now that she's dead (and maybe into it with Tav) she may want to hide it from John. Though on the other hand if that does happen I fully expect Tavros to call her by name in the middle of the conversation loving everything up.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Color Printer posted:

John moving on would be an unlikely scenario, but drat it if it wouldn't make Tumblr implode in on itself. :allears:

Oh god, they would all just poo poo themselves to death. It would be amazing.

And it would be such a Hussie thing to do.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Cat Mattress posted:

So, a Vriska lasts three minutes.

That sets the bar pretty low for Tavros or John! *ba-dum tish* I'm so sorry

Time shenanigans make this scene kind of weird. I mean it's almost certainly after Tavriska from Tavros and Vriska's perspective, which interacts oddly with whatever time you could say John occupies on the timeline. Tavros mentions he's had time to study human custom as an eternal ghost - how much longer has it been, from his perspective? Has he been with Vriska this entire time, however long it's been?

Not to mention no matter how much they've mentally aged by the passage of time Tavros and Vriska are going to remain physical thirteen-year-olds, and as we've seen with the Auto Responder and the pre-Scratch trolls if you can't grow up you tend to remain as a snapshot of that period of your life (so AR being Dirk at 13 forever, for example). Might be strange.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Dolash posted:

Tavros mentions he's had time to study human custom as an eternal ghost - how much longer has it been, from his perspective? Has he been with Vriska this entire time, however long it's been?

Well, we did see his ghost during the Aradia/Sollux/Kanaya dream bubble a long time back. So who knows how long his ghost has been around doin poo poo.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Grapplejack posted:

Gonna post this poo poo right now before anything happens. Vriska made John fall asleep so she could make Tavros jealous enough to propose to her.
I am throwing my literal hat into the metaphorical ring of plot guesses here.

Already called it. :colbert:

Seriously though she may have made him fall asleep so she could catch up to his giddy rear end.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I just realized that Tavros was trying to imitate how Hussie proposed to Vriska, but ended up falling asleep while lying there waiting for her.

EDIT: Wait, that also means that he was sleeping in a dream. How the gently caress does work?

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 14, 2012

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
He's not dreaming this like John is, he's just dead.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
It's more about the dreaming in a dream bubble aspect that confuses me.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
There's an Inception joke in there somewhere, but I'm far too lazy to make it.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
John seems to be taking his being dumped by a troll he has never actually been in a relationship with surprisingly well, all things considered.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Never change, Vriskatime :allears:

SLAPSWATGRABGROPE

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Is it just me or has she mellowed out a lot since the last time we saw her? Also, can't wait for Tumblr to start reacting to this turn of events. :allears:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I'm so glad this was only mildly awkward, and didn't go full blown awkward.

Yet.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
:woop:Vriska time! Yeah!!!!!!!!:woop:

I wonder if she's still planning to gently caress poo poo up with Tavros?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Yeah I dated a you that never quite got to be you. But don't worry it totally didn't work out.

drat that feels really harsh for some reason I can't quite put my finger on.