Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Effexxor
May 26, 2008

Whelp, I can tell a story.

So I working my summer job at a small personalization factory, embroidering cheap blankets and cheap bags, making banners and putting letters on cozies, among other things. There was this super attractive guy there, and one day he asked me to hang out. So I go over to his house, and he introduces me to his friend, who I'll refer to as Nighten Demon. (not the real name, but about as accurate)

Nite just stared at me the whole time I was there, wearing an SS Uniform and glaring, only moving to change to a next black metal song. I tried to talk to him, as I am a disgustingly perky person, and only got a glare in return. I later find out from the hottie that Nite legally changed his name to Nighten Demon. Eventually, after going to enough parties, I finally wore Nite down until he finally started to talk to me.

Turns out Nite was a vampire. A psychic one, but still a vampire. He slept every night in a black coffin that his mom had brought home from the funeral home in her minivan, as he proudly told me that black coffins were cheaper. 17 year old girls obsessed with Hot Topic gravitated to him in staggering numbers, something that baffled me as he was the skinniest, palest and at times greasiest person I knew.

But the best part of Nite were his conspiracies. He earnestly believed that the Masons were the Knights Templar and were guarding the Holy Grail and he was making every effort to join. 9/11 was absolutely an inside job, and every word of 'Zeitgeist' was true and accurate.

I actually had a big life moment when at a party at their place. I walked into the kitchen and BAM, there's Nite with a big old syringe filled with blood. I began to panic because while I like soft drugs and hallucinogenics, hard drugs, especially ones that can be injected, are a no no. But then I calmed down as he poured the blood into a shot glass. 'Oh.' I thought. 'Oh thank god, Nite's not going to shoot up, he just going to drink that STD ridden man standing next to him's blood! This is totally normal!'

When watching a man who believes that he is a vampire drink blood while his 17 year old girlfriend have on his every word while talking about the Holy Grail becomes normal, that is the moment to look at your life, look at your choices and get the hell out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Effexxor posted:

I actually had a big life moment when at a party at their place. I walked into the kitchen and BAM, there's Nite with a big old syringe filled with blood. I began to panic because while I like soft drugs and hallucinogenics, hard drugs, especially ones that can be injected, are a no no. But then I calmed down as he poured the blood into a shot glass. 'Oh.' I thought. 'Oh thank god, Nite's not going to shoot up, he just going to drink that STD ridden man standing next to him's blood! This is totally normal!'

When watching a man who believes that he is a vampire drink blood while his 17 year old girlfriend have on his every word while talking about the Holy Grail becomes normal, that is the moment to look at your life, look at your choices and get the hell out.

Holy poo poo! I don't think anything else in this thread has terrified me quite as much as that.

That's some scary, hosed up poo poo. At least Denise and others never really did anything too odd in "real life".

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

PoshAlligator posted:

Holy poo poo! I don't think anything else in this thread has terrified me quite as much as that.

That's some scary, hosed up poo poo. At least Denise and others never really did anything too odd in "real life".

Aside from force her best friend to be homeless because she wanted an anime doll.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
How long is it until someone tries sacrificing a baby to tear a hole into the Astral Plane?

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug
Oh, I did that yesterday. It's not that great. You can only get astral pregnant by guys from this plane, now, and the only ones interested in astrally raping are redditors.

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

PoshAlligator posted:

Honestly though, the guy was completely harmless. He was honestly a sweet guy, albeit a deluded one, but he wouldn't hurt anyone. And the blood giving was consensual. The scariest thing for me was that I thought they were going to do heroin or something like that.

The Banana Pee
Feb 16, 2007

Bana - not long enough. Bananana - dammit!
Holy balls, I come back to the forums and find possibly the most engaging thread ever. It sounds like Denise, as well as a lot of other people mentioned in this thread, suffer from Grandiose Delusional Disorder, which sadly goes mostly unresearched compared to other delusional-based disorders. The people who suffer from it tend to have outlandish double lives or pasts to make up for feeling inadequate when younger, and typically have extreme bipolar disorder. I've met at least three people who suffer from it, but only knew one enough to hear anything more than an offhand implausible story or bravado that goes beyond simple pathological lying.

uglynoodles posted:

NO THIS IS MY THREAD AND I DEMAND ALL THE GLORY of course other people can share stories! I certainly am interested in people with similar experiences, what they went through, why they stuck around, similarities, differences, and what they learned.

la_fausse_tortue posted:

Maybe she'd hiss like a wannabe vampire? I don't think either of us held too much faith in the power of God in the Christian sense. Her closest brush would be later, when GABRIEL THE ANGEL joined her harem.

I got a bit offended at that. That, and whenever she'd cross the line from anime to actual religion.

I knew someone whose delusions stemmed from religion/Christian mythology/demonology, but also were influenced by the shows Charmed and True Blood. To someone with even mild beliefs they would be mildly offensive at best, and downright blasphemous at worst. I could write a whole thread about it, and I may end up doing just that, but I will say here that I did play along (and occasionally trolled) long enough to see a grand story about the end of the world, a war between vampires and fey, and finally Dracula dying and leaving me (his grandson) the vampire throne in the astral plane.

Also, she told me my girlfriend at the time was an angel sent to kill me, and made several death threats towards her.

Fun times.

Amykinz
May 6, 2007
I have a friend of a friend we'll call Jeff. I met Jeff by hanging out with said friend, and my boyfriend (now husband) got invited to play D+D with Jeff. Later, after lots of twists and turns, (and my husband being the most boyscout want to help everyone person ever) Jeff would end up being our roommate.

Jeff lied about practically everything. He had nearly blown up his school. He had gone to prison for it. He had been involved in the military special forces. SECRET MILITARY stuff. I am an Army Veteran. His stories DID NOT pan out. He claimed to have been given a "nuclear powered scope" for a rifle by a Navy SEAL. I fixed all that sort of poo poo, there is no such thing. Period. No top secret crap, nothing.

My husband is a christian, and I have kinda my own faith I guess. Jeff claimed not only to have had a vision of the end days, but "you know in Revelations where they open the seals and rain death and destruction upon the Earth? That's me... guys.. I'M THE ONE who opens the seal.."

Also: The mark of the beast being 666? NO YOU'RE WRONG. See.. THEY have done studies, and THEY SAY that in dreams numbers are ALWAYS UPSIDE DOWN. Since Revelations was a dream, the mark of the beast is ACTUALLY 999!

I got Swine Flu, he told me to get antibiotics to cure it. I explained that flu was a virus so they won't work. Tamiflu might work, but that's about it. He threw a hissy fit claiming his exwife WHO WORKED FOR KAISER MEDICAL told him that the swine flu is the ONLY FLU EVER that will be affected by antibiotics. His wife worked billing for old people's medicare, she was not a medical professional.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Would Paul have even written with Arabic numbers?

Also weren't there a bunch of seal opening guys?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Would Paul have even written with Arabic numbers?

Also weren't there a bunch of seal opening guys?

Revelations was written by St John the Divine, not Paul.

Also, it was written in Greek so the points still stands.

e: and Arabic numerals didn't take their current form until the middle ages.

Paxicon
Dec 22, 2007
Sycophant, unless you don't want me to be

The Banana Pee posted:

The people who suffer from it tend to have outlandish double lives or pasts to make up for feeling inadequate when younger, and typically have extreme bipolar disorder.

Sorry to be "that guy", but please dont add more baggage to people with bipolar disorder. Denise and the rest of the hilarious stories in this thread have persistent beliefs in their delusions, Denise has been a demon-anime-lord for years... If I go manic and start having severe delusions, they'll be over by the time the mania subsides. :)

EDIT: It just occurred to me, did you mean bipolar in the sense of rapidly fluctuating extreme emotional states? People use it alot and it doesn't necessarily have alot to do with the actual condition "bipolar disorder"

Paxicon fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 13, 2012

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Stultus Maximus posted:

Revelations was written by St John the Divine, not Paul.

Also, it was written in Greek so the points still stands.

e: and Arabic numerals didn't take their current form until the middle ages.

Also 666 is thought to be representative of the Emperor Nero.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
:siren: As I'm sure this story has some obvious leads, please no internet detectivery.

My Brother and His "Girlfriend/Future Wife" Who Exists but Doesn't Know it Yet
In the days when "creepers" who idolized a specific person to the point of obsession were not as common, or at least not as openly and willingly disclosed, what my brother Josh was doing to a poor girl I'll call Diana might be considered borderline criminal. This happened when Josh was in 7th and 8th grade, well beyond the age of accountability, and when most of your actions can no longer be dismissed as "childish stupidity/ignorance". My point is, Josh knew that what he was doing was breaching the parameters of social acceptance, if the numerous admonishments from our parents and teachers weren't enough to let him know.

Diana. Poor, poor Diana. If I could meet her again, I'd apologize over and over and I still wouldn't feel vindicated. From the time Josh first met her in the 5th grade, he was completely smitten and everyday would come home and endlessly extoll her virtues. "Aww, puppy love!" our mother and sister would coo, and our dad would crack jokes about his future daughter-in-law. Problem was, Josh didn't think these were jokes, and he eventually began to go into excruciating detail about how he and Diana had spent long hours after school kissing, or that he had gone to her house and eaten dinner there. Interestingly enough, some of his stories had unusual parallels to what me and my friends did when we had sleepovers (though we never made out). I often viciously pointed these out in an attempt to get him in trouble, as siblings are wont to do, but his daydreams were accepted as harmless (this process would be repeated nearly verbatim years later*).

One day, however, Diana got wind of Josh's opinion of her, and made a brave attempt to confront him and tell him off, but I later heard through the grapevine that as soon as he saw her approaching him, Josh took off like the wind. Later, we got a flustered, angry call from Diana's parents that Josh had followed her home. The fabricated stories from Josh soon escalated after that, from Diana accepting his promise ring and that they would get married as soon as they came of age, to having an impromptu wedding engagement ceremony in the courtyard at recess.
When confronted by me demanding some kind of consistency between his stories and Diana's obvious disinclination to even look normally at him, Josh haughtily replied, "She is my wife, she just doesn't know it yet!"

This continued, to my chagrin, until Josh and Diana's graduation from middle school. By this time, the rest of the family, and even the teachers, had become aware of how severe Josh's infatuation was, and how damaging it might be on Diana's psyche, but nothing they did deterred him. By the end of their junior high life, Josh had followed her home several times, had tried to get her phone number from her friends using what I hope was not actually extortion, tried to trace her family name, and defaced her picture with hearts and other nonsense in not only his yearbooks, but my own as well which I am still a little angry about.

I can only imagine Diana's relief that we ended up going to different high schools.

*Of course, Josh found new victims in this new school and they are now his facebook wives. In total he has one wife (Married to), two fiancees (Engaged to), and two girlfriends (In a relationship with). They are all fake accounts that I alerted my parents to late in high school, but again, they said word for word, "It's cute, and it's not hurting anyone. It's okay kinmik, leave your brother alone." My sister and I are still trying to get him to delete those loving accounts.

Amykinz
May 6, 2007

kinmik posted:

My sister and I are still trying to get him to delete those loving accounts.

Report them on Facebook. Like, not "my brother made fake accounts".. but "this picture is copyrighted". Facebook locks the account, and the person who made it has to provide proof that they own the copyrights for the pictures. If your brother made fake accounts, he probably snagged the pictures off of someone else's facebook, or off of google.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Paxicon posted:

Sorry to be "that guy", but please dont add more baggage to people with bipolar disorder. Denise and the rest of the hilarious stories in this thread have persistent beliefs in their delusions, Denise has been a demon-anime-lord for years... If I go manic and start having severe delusions, they'll be over by the time the mania subsides. :)

EDIT: It just occurred to me, did you mean bipolar in the sense of rapidly fluctuating extreme emotional states? People use it alot and it doesn't necessarily have alot to do with the actual condition "bipolar disorder"

He's simply saying that people with Grandiose Delusional Disorder have a high rate of comorbidity with Bipolar Disorder. The baggage isn't being added to Bipolar, Bipolar is adding the baggage to the Delusional Disorder.

edit: spelling

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 14, 2012

Paxicon
Dec 22, 2007
Sycophant, unless you don't want me to be

Desert Bus posted:

He's simply saying that people with Grandiose Delusional Disorder has a high rate of comorbidity with Bipolar Disorder. The baggage isn't being added to Bipolar, Bipolar is adding the baggage to the Delusional Disorder.

You're probably right, sorry - I'm just being :sperg:-y about nothing I guess!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

kinmik posted:

In total he has one wife (Married to), two fiancees (Engaged to), and two girlfriends (In a relationship with). They are all fake accounts that I alerted my parents to late in high school, but again, they said word for word, "It's cute, and it's not hurting anyone. It's okay kinmik, leave your brother alone." My sister and I are still trying to get him to delete those loving accounts.

Awww, goddammit, kinmik's parents...

I am really glad that you mentioned the coffin, because otherwise, I'd think you were talking about this guy, Brad, I dated briefly in high school. I was 16 at the time and he was 21, was studying to be a mortician and therefore had a hearse (complete with photo albums of other hearses) and drew in all the 14-year old Hot Topic pussy in the neighborhood because he knew who Bauhaus were and owned black lipstick.

I'm not kidding, by the way- I rolled back into my hometown four years ago only to be informed that Brad was still not finished with his degree/licensing/whatever (He would have been 28 at the time, I think) and was dating a high school sophomore who he worked at Burger King with.

White trash!

Amykinz posted:

Also: The mark of the beast being 666? NO YOU'RE WRONG. See.. THEY have done studies, and THEY SAY that in dreams numbers are ALWAYS UPSIDE DOWN. Since Revelations was a dream, the mark of the beast is ACTUALLY 999!

I don't know why, but this part stands out to me as the craziest. Mainly because there's almost no way you could get away with this lie.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Aubergine Mage posted:

Also 666 is thought to be representative of the Emperor Nero.

And there's sources that indicate the number may actually have been 616.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Amykinz posted:

"nuclear powered scope"

Very, very technically a lot of Trijicon's gear could be called "nuclear powered" because they use the beta decay electron products from Tritium bein' Tritium to illuminate a phosphor coating.

That doesn't make this dude less of an rear end, of course.

The Banana Pee
Feb 16, 2007

Paxicon posted:

I mean that in extreme cases of clinical bipolar disorder grandiose delusions can be triggered. This is in a very small amount of people with bipolar disorder, and only in cases where they truly need medication to function as a self-sufficient adult.

Also, the reason why Grandiose Delusional Disorder goes mostly unresearched and undocumented is that the people who have it don't realize they have it, because this whole world in their mind actually exists to them, and therefore case studies typically cannot be conducted without their consent and/or cooperation.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

The Banana Pee posted:

I mean that in extreme cases of clinical bipolar disorder grandiose delusions can be triggered. This is in a very small amount of people with bipolar disorder, and only in cases where they truly need medication to function as a self-sufficient adult.

Also, the reason why Grandiose Delusional Disorder goes mostly unresearched and undocumented is that the people who have it don't realize they have it, because this whole world in their mind actually exists to them, and therefore case studies typically cannot be conducted without their consent and/or cooperation.

I'm super glad someone pointed this stuff out. Especially the part about it being a very small number of bipolar folks. Peoples' understanding of mental illness always seems to exclude little things like severity and that there are often multiple types of the same disorder(bipolar disorder actually has 2 types itself), and never mind comorbidity.

I actually don't like to admit to being bipolar irl unless I absolutely have to because of this. You'd be stunned as to how many people still think manic=super happy. Can't blame 'em, though. I'd probably think the same thing if I weren't effected by the disorder myself.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

And there's sources that indicate the number may actually have been 616.

Isn't that the main Marvel universe's designation?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

In a strange and terrifying coincidence, yes.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The Astral Plane reminds me of the Land Of Fiction from Doctor Who.

The Banana Pee
Feb 16, 2007

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Isn't that the main Marvel universe's designation?

That was actually meant as an injoke, poking fun at DC Comics and their designations of Earth-1, Earth-2, etc, and the fact that working at Marvel was akin to working in Hell for David Thorpe.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Amykinz posted:

Report them on Facebook. Like, not "my brother made fake accounts".. but "this picture is copyrighted". Facebook locks the account, and the person who made it has to provide proof that they own the copyrights for the pictures. If your brother made fake accounts, he probably snagged the pictures off of someone else's facebook, or off of google.
We've done this twice already. He created a new account the first time, and the second time was after my sister cornered him and raked him over the coals concerning moral boundaries. He deleted the fake accounts but added them again later. As for the pictures, they're of characters he likes (to fantasize about) from a certain movie.

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
This thread is amazing and has kept me up 'till the wee hours of the morning on far too many an occasion. I just remembered that I had my own stories that suited the theme, so here's my contribution to the crazy:

The Tale of Tabitha

Growing up I was pretty much "that kid". Moved to a new town in a new country, was forced into sacrificing social skills for the sake of doing AP work, and didn't have any friends until I found the other weird kids around grade 4-5. That's when I befriended Tabitha.

Tabitha was a neighborhood kid and extraordinarily smart for her age, but naturally this conflicted with the typical immaturities of a preteen and gave her a massive ego. She was the smart kid, and you better not forget it. This led to some pretty fun conflicts between us thanks to the "you're the smartest little pixie in all the land" bullshit fed to us by our respective teachers and parents, but I digress. Let's just say our relationship was always pretty rocky.

Along with being extraordinarily smart, Tabitha was also extraordinarily obsessed with cats. She would never stop bragging about her cats, and would be offended if I tried to talk about my cats too. Our parents had to sit us down at one point and tell us to stop talking about cats so much because we were pissing each other off. That was only the low point for me, though.

Now, she did weird things. She came up behind me once and chomped on my arm, drawing blood, for no reason, which made fifth-grade me run home crying and her totally confused as to why I was mad at her. One time while playing at her house, I went to use the washroom and found a massive pile of poo poo ON the seat, which she laughed about as if she did it intentionally (she would also descriptively bring up pooping at really gross and innopportune times...not that there was much of an opportune time for it, mind you). I'm pretty sure the group of us also head a DIGIMON ARE TOTALLY REAL, GUYS phase but luckily I've blocked that from my memory.

One time a few of us wound up at her house for a slumber party. She told us she'd discovered the secret to seeing spirits. This was, naturally, to press on your eyes really hard or stare at a light, then watch the little coloured blobs move around. She told us to draw the "spirits" we saw. Naturally she was seeing spirit leopards and poo poo that were telling her she was the chosen one, I was seeing yellow dots and didn't realize at the time that this wasn't a game and she was being totally serious. We also apparently discovered our latent aerokinetic powers, which involved us scrunching our faces up really hard and doing stupid things with our hands and TOTALLY CONTROLLING THE WIND. Naturally, she was better at controlling the wind than all of us combined :smugbert:

But the moment of truth came on that bright summer day when I went by her house and found her playing with none other than her cat. I don't remember the details, exactly, but it was something really close to this: I'd been trying to teach my cat a trick, she was being a cat and telling me to gently caress off, usual cat things. Tabitha sighs, shakes her head, condescendingly looks me in the eye and says, "If only you could talk to cats too."

Yes, she wholeheartedly believed she could speak the language of the cats. She was, daresay, the chosen one of the cats, they listened to her and spoke to her in the ancient cat tongue. And yes, this meant she would sit there and hold serious philosophical conversations with her cats...involving her literally meowing at them for hours. I also began wondering if she was so obsessed with her cat because she had basically turned him into her magical feline boyfriend. I hope not, but this seems like how these things start, you know? So of all the things that she could flaunt her superiority for, it was her ability to speak cat, which a pitiful mundane like me would NEVER understand. Alrighty. We kind of went our seperate ways after that.

Last I heard, she'd grown up into a pretty normal person and is doing well in university, so I just look back on all of this as awkward kids getting into shenanigans :unsmith:

However, there was a woman who took the same course as me in college who claimed in all seriousness that her cats wrote her portfolio for her. She was in her fifties. I don't think she ever graduated.

The Dragon Girl

As I mentioned earlier, I moved countries when I was very young and left behind my best friend. Partially due to the move and the stress of adjusting to a new country, even as a small child, we kind of fell out of contact for years. I grew up hanging with the weirdo cat-whisperer crowd and became very fond of dragons, and she must have done the same, because one day I opened my email to find a message from her after all these years.

That's when I found out what otherkin were.

She sent me a metric butt-ton of otherkin info documents and our discussions mostly centered around the fact that she could "shift" into a dragon. As well as being a dragon, she was also an unidentified species of antelope that fought dragons. She also may or may not have been astral-married to Spyro the Dragon. I sort of went with it, being young and interested in the paranormal and "what ifs" of the world, but soon for no particular reason we fell out of contact again.

Much later I found her on deviantArt, when we were both about 17. She'd given up on being otherkin by then. Now she was a completely racist, homophobic Christian fundamentalist who thought Obama was Literally Satan. She still likes dragony/lizardy things and draws them wearing crosses and praying all the time.

I kind of wish she'd stayed a dragon. :smith:

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Something occured to me while browsing the 'make fun of horrible internet weirdos' thread in PYF. When I was little, there was this kickass series of toys called Sylvanian Families. Basically little fuzzy wuzzy animal-people dolls, and there were like 10 of them per family, and little houses and themed furniture. They had every possible accessory in adorable tiny detail like weeny sepia photographs and tinyass building blocks for the babies and freakin' toilet roll holders in their little bathrooms. I think they had a lot of adult customers who collected the things.

Anyway, I loved those drat toys so much, but as a kid could never have nearly enough of them. They've re-released the toys sorta recently and they've been in stores again, and every time I saw one I wanted the things. So the other week I bought the boy Persian Cat baby with his tiny cot and bottle. And put it on my shelf and... well, it's just there. I'm too old to play with it now, of course, so the whole point of buying it was just to own it. There was just a sense of "okay so now what". I guess I'm glad to have it, because it's cute and I like the toy line, but whatever weird childhood desire was driving me to buy them was entire satisfied with just having one. I have no wish to buy any more of them.

Boring story, but the experience has made me even more creeped out by people who need to spend all their income on toy ponies or anime figures. Like, they buy one or two, put it on their shelf where it sits and does nothing, and they think to themselves, "Yes this was money well spent I shall do it 1000 more times". What the hell mental process is going on there? I just can't get my head around it at all.

Coulrophobia posted:

Yes, she wholeheartedly believed she could speak the language of the cats. She was, daresay, the chosen one of the cats, they listened to her and spoke to her in the ancient cat tongue. And yes, this meant she would sit there and hold serious philosophical conversations with her cats...involving her literally meowing at them for hours.

Oh hey I can speak cat language too. They mostly just say variations on "feed me", "pick me up", and "clean my poop". Cat philosophy goes something like, "I exist therefore I should have all the good things".

quote:

I also began wondering if she was so obsessed with her cat because she had basically turned him into her magical feline boyfriend.

Oh jesus loving christ.

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012

Corridor posted:

Oh jesus loving christ.

She would never stop talking about how this cat was a completely mega-badass handsome stud who would always protect her so that's the conclusion I drew, anyway. :smith:

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010

Coulrophobia posted:

Tabitha sighs, shakes her head, condescendingly looks me in the eye and says, "If only you could talk to cats too."
Talking to cats is actually really easy.

Having cats understand what you're saying, on the other hand...

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Corridor posted:

Boring story, but the experience has made me even more creeped out by people who need to spend all their income on toy ponies or anime figures. Like, they buy one or two, put it on their shelf where it sits and does nothing, and they think to themselves, "Yes this was money well spent I shall do it 1000 more times". What the hell mental process is going on there? I just can't get my head around it at all.

I don't see how it's much different from collecting any number of things, whether it be anime dolls, Sylvanian Families, beanie babies, faberge eggs or thousands of dollars of high end collectable figurines. People just like to collect. But in terms of stuff that sits on a shelf, I guess I understand it because my parents both liked ornaments (and my mother sold them at her own market stall when I was very young) and so do I. I buy random ornaments and poo poo to sit on shelves just because I like looking at them and having them around the place. In some ways I get that they're useless purchases because you just look at them, but eh, humans have collected our pretty trinketses for thousands of years. It's not the worst thing you can do.

Also Sylvanian Families seemed like something I'd have loved as a kid but they became a joke in our house when I was a toddler after my mother accidentally called them "Civilian Families" and my dad mocked her forever about how the little animals came with bomb shelter sets and ration kit packs etc. :smith:

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails

Coulrophobia posted:

One time while playing at her house, I went to use the washroom and found a massive pile of poo poo ON the seat, which she laughed about as if she did it intentionally

Dear God. I know you've told this story to me before but every time I think about this particular detail I just don't get it, at all. Was she mentally ill in some way? If it wasn't for that I'd just chalk the rest of her behavior down to just being a weird kid.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

I'm Chosen One Of The Cats, means I feed them.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Corridor posted:

Oh hey I can speak cat language too. They mostly just say variations on "feed me", "pick me up", and "clean my poop". Cat philosophy goes something like, "I exist therefore I should have all the good things".

You forgot "look at my butthole," "isn't this just the loveliest butthole?", and "it's 3 AM and you really need to look at my butthole RIGHT NOW."

That's basically like cat religion; my cat is currently praying on the rug next to me. (Cat praying is obnoxious farting.)

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

My mum is the other Chosen One, she must bear the rug the orange cat thinks is his mother.

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012

murphyslaw posted:

Dear God. I know you've told this story to me before but every time I think about this particular detail I just don't get it, at all. Was she mentally ill in some way? If it wasn't for that I'd just chalk the rest of her behavior down to just being a weird kid.

I don't think she was, but then again, she moved rather suddenly during high school and I didn't hear from her until she was less crazy again. I think it was just a huge lack of chance at social development, which is unfortunately what happens when teachers think it's a really great idea to separate other kids from their peers just because they're "smarter" :smith:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Coulrophobia posted:

She would never stop talking about how this cat was a completely mega-badass handsome stud who would always protect her so that's the conclusion I drew, anyway. :smith:

Barbed Penises :radcat:

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

bringmyfishback posted:

(Cat praying is obnoxious farting.)

Ah, that explains it. My dog must have converted.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

I finally caught up with this thread after reading it for a month or so and all I have to say is good god did I have a lucky child/teenhood, looking back. :stonk:

A question about Denise, based on a more recent post by uglynoodles -- Was she ever into Avatar: The Last Airbender? The element thing reminds me of it, so I wondered if she was ever inserting herself into that world, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

bringmyfishback posted:

I am really glad that you mentioned the coffin, because otherwise, I'd think you were talking about this guy, Brad, I dated briefly in high school. I was 16 at the time and he was 21, was studying to be a mortician and therefore had a hearse (complete with photo albums of other hearses) and drew in all the 14-year old Hot Topic pussy in the neighborhood because he knew who Bauhaus were and owned black lipstick.

I'm not kidding, by the way- I rolled back into my hometown four years ago only to be informed that Brad was still not finished with his degree/licensing/whatever (He would have been 28 at the time, I think) and was dating a high school sophomore who he worked at Burger King with.

White trash!

:catstare:

The world can not handle two Nite's. It just can't.

• Locked thread