Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

euphronius posted:

It's the best when a new cat stops hiding and begins to trust you.

I always have the opposite problem with fresh cats. Overconfident new bastard literally tangles himself in my feet demanding belly rubs. Just picked him up from the humane society yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yup. You got a hell cat.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I am so barfing in your bed when you leave.

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

What a frightening beast!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Try not to get any on his cat.

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

If only you knew how correct you were... Fortunately, she likes to sleep on the bed, so she aims for the area rug.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
A little over a year ago our cat Miles died at the vet during a routine checkup as a result of a mass on his heart we didn't know about. Then I went to grad school and left my wife and remaining cat Bernie in Virginia. All three of us are back together again and since we are going to close on a house in a month we thought it would be a good idea to adopt an adult cat after we move in since we will have a lot of room.

Then we met this girl yesterday.

I was admiring her beautiful coat and looking at the medical history while my wife was buying some cat food for Bernie when I saw the following entries:

"Right Rear Leg injury"
"Xray, severe hip displacement"
"Right Rear Leg amputation"

Looked down and sure enough, she didn't have one of her back legs. We immediately wanted her but didn't think we had enough room in our current two bedroom apartment to properly treat her during the transition period. This morning I was telling my boss the story and she said, "uh, don't you think the spare bedroom is bigger than a cage??!!" Boy did I feel dumb. So tonight we adopted her.

No name yet, she came with "Adrian" but that's pretty terrible if you ask me. She gets around pretty good too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnJSGULjGJ0

Anyway she was brought into a shelter with her litter and her rear leg was so displaced apparently it was hard to even look at. they entertained other ideas but it was pretty obvious they wouldn't save the leg. I guess the amount of pain she was in was terribly obvious, but she still took care of her kittens, even though they said it looked impossible for her to do it with her bad leg. She was hanging out around an empty house and loves people and kids, so they think she got hurt and someone just left her.

She won't be left anymore. Now she's home.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Flyinglemur posted:

She won't be left anymore. Now she's home.

I probably would have made it if I hadn't read this part.

Good on you and your wife. She's going to live an amazing life.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
She's been home about an hour and a half...just checked on her and she let me rub her belly and curled up beside me when I laid on my side. She's a purring/licking machine :)

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
grabbed another kitten

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
where are you grabbing kittens from?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

The Fresh Prince posted:

where are you grabbing kittens from?

front of the house. Several have appeared. There are other cat owners around, and it seems that they either dump cats around here, or they run away and get here.

This bitey shithead adopted himself like that.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

My friend has a cat missing the opposite back leg, and it's god damned hilarious watching him get around.

He hauls rear end, and he's really really quick, and the back leg just acts like a rudder for where he wants to turn at.

Also, as a bonus, when he "revs up" to attack something, he just looks like he's wiggling his rear end.

Congrats on the tripod man, she's gonna be an awesome kitty :3:

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Flyinglemur posted:

No name yet, she came with "Adrian" but that's pretty terrible if you ask me. She gets around pretty good too:

Name her "Tipper" :3:

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I suggest the name "Sinister". It comes from the Latin for left, since she's only got a left hind leg now!

Or, alternatively, you can go with "Dexter". That comes from the Latin for right.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
The obvious name is "Eileen."

You're a good dude, Flyinglemur.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Orange kitten will apparently be called "Walt". I will still call him güerobio.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Walt is an awesome name for a cat. Just watch out he doesn't start cooking meth.

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

What a frightening beast!
Some friends of mine have a cat called Isaac who had to have a leg amputated but still catches birds and things, doesn't seem to have slowed him down at all. Also, he gets called Trisaac now.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Flyinglemur posted:

No name yet, she came with "Adrian" but that's pretty terrible if you ask me.

If you change her name you won't get to do your Rocky impression when you call her in at night.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
We're going with Lemew since we're both huge Pittsburgh Penguins fans and can't believe we didn't think of this earlier (was a recommendation in the hockey thread).

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Luisfe posted:

grabbed another kitten

Are those blue or green eyes? It's kind of hard to tell

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

My ex-girlfriend had a cool black cat that was also missing its back leg. He was a stray that showed up at her house. The local vets didnt have any record as to having a cat with a leg amputation. It stayed with her. Don't know what happened to it since we broke up.

My wife talks about getting a cat. Right now we have a black dog with a limp back leg and a suger glider so no new animals for now.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

redmercer posted:

Are those blue or green eyes? It's kind of hard to tell

Before grabbing I thought they were blue, and thus the kitten being the offspring of the neighbors' unfed siamese thing. When I grabbed him, I saw they were light green.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I think I found one of Emilio's employees:

Ctrl_Alt_Delete
Nov 1, 2005

The picture with the Witches and brooms, is that from a movie? It looks so familiar but I just can't put my finger on it...

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Ctrl_Alt_Delete posted:

The picture with the Witches and brooms, is that from a movie? It looks so familiar but I just can't put my finger on it...

The Worst Witch. Wow, what a blast from the past, this show was all over my childhood.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

You did not think this through.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moon Potato has a new favorite as of 08:23 on Oct 20, 2012

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
It's almost time for Halloween! Time to dress up the cat!

And then time to take off the costume with minimal blood loss.

Pusheen the cat has other great cat costume ideas.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
http://cat-bounce.com/

Cat bounce. A site where you bounce cats.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Wow, it seems we have something in common. Thanks to the YOSPOS cat thread I adopted a kitten earlier this month that's missing the same leg. About an hour after she was posted I went and brought her home. She was trampled by a horse on a farm and brought in at 2 months old, where the humane society had to amputate. I took her home at the beginning of October, when she was 3 months old and fully recovered from the amputation.

Her name is Refurb.

Visiting at the shelter:

The vet the next day:

She likes to meow at cameras.

Also, my corgi thinks she's a good playmate/chewtoy.

boop

But they get along well, even though she took over his bed. He doesn't mind.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
That is so cute! I just... man, goons are the best people. :unsmith:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Golden-i posted:

Her name is Refurb.

That is the cutest fuckin' thing I ever heard.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Golden-i posted:

Wow, it seems we have something in common. Thanks to the YOSPOS cat thread I adopted a kitten earlier this month that's missing the same leg. About an hour after she was posted I went and brought her home. She was trampled by a horse on a farm and brought in at 2 months old, where the humane society had to amputate. I took her home at the beginning of October, when she was 3 months old and fully recovered from the amputation.

Her name is Refurb.

Visiting at the shelter:

The vet the next day:

She likes to meow at cameras.

Also, my corgi thinks she's a good playmate/chewtoy.

boop

But they get along well, even though she took over his bed. He doesn't mind.

Man, you left out my favorite picture of Refurb...

Fixing that.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Golden-i posted:

Her name is Refurb.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Refurb looks awesome and I'm jealous that your two are getting along. Today we let Lemew meet 11 year old Bernie, who was nothing but crankypants about it. Hopefully they will start to get along better soon. Lemew explored all around (first time out of the bedroom of Isolation) and seemed at ease, so that's good at least.

When they get close enough I will post pictures.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh no! :ohdear: But it's too cute to resist!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Golden-i posted:

Her name is Refurb.

Visiting at the shelter:

The vet the next day:

Bingley (missing back left leg) approves of these adoptions. He came into the shelter with a broken leg which they couldn't save. I adopted him a week after his surgery. Like you guys know, missing a leg doesn't slow him down one bit. He goes after DaBird like it's a real bird, jumps on counters, chases Archie. Who needs four legs??????

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Pictures of Ne, El Gordo and Waltigato (also known as güerobio)

Cats being cats.

I like these cattes a lot.

I want to keep this dude

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad