Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

New York is close enough to New England, right? There's a road rally in Mt Kisco next weekend. I've done ones that this club has put on before, and they've been pretty fun, especially when my friend put his truck in a ditch trying to turn around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Deeters posted:

New York is close enough to New England, right? There's a road rally in Mt Kisco next weekend. I've done ones that this club has put on before, and they've been pretty fun, especially when my friend put his truck in a ditch trying to turn around.

NY goes by all the NE states, though if you live in Maine nothing is close... It's a good 6 hour drive from me.
Although, it does look pretty cool.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

The fuel pump and spring plates arrived for project : sandbagger. Also this.

Commissargribb : The Maine bear who cares.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

NEAI field trip tomorrow in southern MASS.

Junkyard run. You should be on the NEAI facebook or IRC to get the deets.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I need a EJ25 SOHC for my 99. Grab one for me if you see it.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

daslog posted:

I need a EJ25 SOHC for my 99. Grab one for me if you see it.

I thought you had a legacy?? Those are all DOHC in 99. Only impreza and fozzy got the sohc 2.5 in 99.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Fuuuuck, I'm still in bumble gently caress Maine. Machias to be exact.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

chrisgt posted:

I thought you had a legacy?? Those are all DOHC in 99. Only impreza and fozzy got the sohc 2.5 in 99.

Impreza RS

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

daslog posted:

Impreza RS

Oh right... Of course. It was late and my mind wasn't really turned on yet. Now it's early and my mind isn't really turned on yet. WE'RE GONNA HAVE FUN TODAY.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Deeters posted:

Anyone want to do this with us tonight? There's no better way to spend a Saturday evening than lost on back roads in Westchester County NY.

The ditch indecent:

(we still finished)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Goddamn, I wish I could do that, it's super close to me.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

You should find a friend and come then. It will be better than watching a bad race/putting your dick in a vise.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Dan loves EJ25s

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

How much did he get it for?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Billy Tully posted:

How much did he get it for?

Didn't end up buying it. We finally hotwired the ignition and found out it had 250k on it...

The one we initially were planning on pulling got swiped by someone else between Monday and today. We did get some other stuff though.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

The motor was more and more hosed sounding the deeper we got into it.

I want to do dead motor for mostly dressed longblock. This one wasn't close to that the more and more we dug in. The good one we found in the red car was GONE. Sucked.

I did grab a rear subframe with tons of attached axles and links, brand new exhaust, and another covered din pocket. Din pocket is for sale, everything else goes in my legacy.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Tomorrow: Stafford Speedway swap meet in Stafford CT. Me, Billy Tully, and possibly a few others going.

Next Saturday (hopefully) - Sam's Pull-a-Part extravaganza in Worcester MA. Pulling a new motor for a truck and perhaps other things, it's the usual you-pull luck-of-the-draw type of situation so we could end up finding a few things no one remembered they needed, or could go home empty handed.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

Next Saturday (hopefully) - Sam's Pull-a-Part extravaganza in Worcester MA.

:woop:

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

kastein posted:

Tomorrow: Stafford Speedway swap meet in Stafford CT. Me, Billy Tully, and possibly a few others going.

Next Saturday (hopefully) - Sam's Pull-a-Part extravaganza in Worcester MA. Pulling a new motor for a truck and perhaps other things, it's the usual you-pull luck-of-the-draw type of situation so we could end up finding a few things no one remembered they needed, or could go home empty handed.

I'm probably going to be down there next weekend, assuming buying a new car goes through.... I'll need a LOLj22

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Is this where you were trying to find EJ25s?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

daslog posted:

Is this where you were trying to find EJ25s?

Yes, although the car I was looking at already sold. Typical dude on CL left the ad up. Now I'm after yet another wagon that just needs head gaskets. 5speed 2000 wagon. Yes please!

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
While at the junkyard, NEAI's favorite gentle giant, Kastein, attempted to sit in a mini cooper.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I have Jeremy Clarkson problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfSS0ZXYdo

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
if that had a sunroof, you could just stick your head through it and look out the top.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Owning a car with a sunroof... It's not that easy. The sunroof doesn't extend over the driver's seat, it's actually quite awkward to drive with your head out the sunroof. Not that it stops me.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

commissargribb posted:

if that had a sunroof, you could just stick your head through it and look out the top.

If you examine the picture, either it has a sunroof, or someone cut a hole in the roof and put a piece of tinted glass over it. Either that, or its Kastein's beanstalk hole.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
That is a sunroof, it was a factory option. They are horribly designed though!

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I am in need of a decent machine shop for my Subaru EJ25 rebuild in the Nashua NH/Manchester area. Anyone got one?

rotard
Jan 15, 2012
Assuming you are looking for an Engine specific machine shop, and not just a 'machine shop'

KGE in rochester,
(603) 332-8455

R&L in Dover
http://www.rlengines.com/

Ive used KGE for resurfacing and msc parts over the years,

Friends have used R&L and love them, ive never hurd a bad thing about them

-Jacob

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

So I have arrived just in time for Sandy and now have my SSN so it is time to take the driving exam.

I am going to fail it at least 3 times because I need to scourge all the things from driving in the UK from my mind.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Which RMV sites offer driving tests, and what routes do they take? I'm teaching my friend how to drive and he's a slow learner. He'd probably melt if he had to take the test starting from Chinatown.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

Which RMV sites offer driving tests, and what routes do they take? I'm teaching my friend how to drive and he's a slow learner. He'd probably melt if he had to take the test starting from Chinatown.

Usually depending on where you live, they'll assign you to a specific one to take the test from.
So I'd figure out where he's zoned to take the test, they may give you some info on where their test route is. But likely not.

When I was teaching my sister to drive, we drove out to the dmv where she was gonna have to take the test from. Went through all the intersections around the dmv, practiced going in and out of the dmv parking lot, and parking in the parking spaces right there.

They do give you a list of all the stuff they make you do. Like left turns, parallel parking, backing straight up along a curb, all that stuff. Most of which nobody who drives a car can actually do...

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

The list is ok but I am going to have to practise parallel parking as I haven't done that since I took my original test over 10 years ago.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BigPaddy posted:

The list is ok but I am going to have to practise parallel parking as I haven't done that since I took my original test over 10 years ago.

Neither have any of us.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Ozmiander posted:

Neither have any of us.

I had to parallel park trucks for my CDL test, so now doing it in a car seems like a walk in the park. hah.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Ok well being asked about what happens if I am under 18 and caught drag racing was a bit pointless but I am officially a learner driver... again.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

BigPaddy posted:

Ok well being asked about what happens if I am under 18 and caught drag racing was a bit pointless but I am officially a learner driver... again.
Please tell the class what you've done.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Moved to Boston from the UK and have to take the exam and road test to get a drivers license as they won't convert mine.

Sorry, not much of a story.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Here's the flyer for the next road rally in Mt. Kisco on November 17: http://www.wscc.org/flyers/2012TurkeyTourFlyer.pdf

SFH1989 and I went to the last one and had a really good time since like 75% of the roads were actually in Connecticut. It's always a good mix of random, beat up dirt roads too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

• Locked thread