Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Glare Seethe posted:

Scratches: Director's Cut: The horror is good. Atmosphere is well-done - it's suitably creepy to walk around the mansion, and the story is pretty classic horror mystery stuff and works well, and the developers wisely left some plot points open to interpretation. Music and sound design, which are so incredibly important to good horror, are for the most part also good. There are a bunch of good scares.

The puzzles, though, range from fine to completely loving awful. The game gives you very little to go on; at times you will be walking around with seemingly absolutely no goal to accomplish and no idea what to do until you happen to stumble on what the game wanted you to. Crucial items will not appear in their locations before you 'know' they're supposed to be there. Some puzzles can only be completed in the specific manner of the designer's choice even though you literally have a solution in your hands (for example, the classic adventure game puzzle - slide paper under door, make key fall out of keyhole, pull piece of paper with key - only works with a very specific newspaper, even though there are a million newspapers tossed around everywhere - you have to pick up the RIGHT one which you might have missed because you didn't pixelhunt well enough - and this even though you have a perfectly suitable envelope in your inventory). Other puzzles are just straight up tedious or nonsensical, and since the game does a terrible job at giving clues (journal and friend-on-the-phone notwithstanding), you will end up walking around aimlessly for long periods of time.

I think it's worth a playthrough, but be prepared to alt-tab to UHS every now and then and do not feel guilty about it.

2 Words. The Ending... :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Beat Spec Ops: The Line. While I didn't actually enjoy playing it, it's was neat to see Dubai and contrast to the time I visited there a few years back. The story was definitely the highlight, but only because that it was different from the norm.

Sad thing is this will probably be the only game I beat from here until next year. I have a bad habit of not finishing anything, even though I'm steadily working through Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, and FTL.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Glare Seethe posted:

I think it's worth a playthrough, but be prepared to alt-tab to UHS every now and then and do not feel guilty about it.
UHS's still alive? :aaa:

Lamacq
Jun 15, 2001

Breezeblock RIP
Beat Prey. My gaming momentum has slowed way, way down for the past couple months so even this game took me a few weeks to finish. Surprisingly good though! Sort of a b-grade Half-life clone (with a little Descent thrown in) that ends up being way better than it has any right to be. The dynamic gravity stuff makes for some really interesting situations and firefights, and while the puzzles are never very challenging they at least keep the game from becoming a pure corridor shooter. Funny how many elements of the game actually reminded me of Portal, despite the fact that it came out before Portal and is trying to be a different kind of game entirely. Also I liked the death mini-game thing; it was kind of goofy but it kept me from ever feeling like I had to abuse quicksave. Anyway it's a short and sweet game and if you have it in your backlog I recommend giving it a go.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Pierzak posted:

UHS's still alive? :aaa:
Hell yeah, they have a nice archive of older adventure games especially, so I hit the site up quite a bit. The awful flash ads (I think there were some terrible popups I ran into as well) make it a pain to use with something like the Steam overlay browser unfortunately, but any normal browser with adblock makes it a non-issue.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Beat: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
To think that it is only around two years ago where I started to play 3rd person games, and look how far I've come.
Yeah, I really didn't like 3rd person games until I finally caved and started playing Mass Effect and Just Cause 2 within the same month. I really don't know why I had this irrational loathing of games that used this perspective, but the great thing about it is that I have a lot of open world games to catch up on, and I got 68 hours of entertainment out of AssBro.
There is no doubt that I really enjoy these games, to the point where I considered going for 100%, so I'll mention a few of the things I don't like about the series:
1. Present day. It's just boring and tacked on.
2. Whenever it does the sync/desync and the screen jumps around. Stop it! My eyes hurt and I can't skip it.
3. Speaking of skipping: Too often some of the missions have a long cinematic right after the checkpoint. No!
4. When I have finally arrived at the end, it's cool that I need to see a few credits with the names of people who worked on it, but for the love of god, I do not give a crap about the Junior VP of Marketing, Paper Division from Ubisoft Bucharest, or the name of the contracted company and it's president, who translated the menus to Danish. Let me skip to the end or at least fast forward.
Looking forward to AssRev and eventually Ass3 and many more games where I can use the word rear end.

Nulled: Drakensang
Sadly I decided to stop this after 26 hours.
It's not a bad party-based RPG, and had I given it some more time it might have pulled me in, but as of now, it's gone.
I still plan on playing Drakensang II and it's expansion, but this one just didn't work for me.
Not sure if it was the story, the quests, the mechanics or what. Presentation-wise, it was really nice. NPCs didn't bother you with chatter as it was typically only the greeting that was voice. The rest was text.
Anyway, not happening.

Nulled: Cryostasis
Bad performance, cheap and boring scares, and just generally not that interesting.
Way too janky for my tastes.

And speaking of sophisticated taste:

Completed: Mishap: An Accidental Haunting
A nice but quite short Hidden Object game with some beautiful hand drawn graphics and some pretty decent mini games.
But it is a Hidden Object game, so don't expect miracles.

Completed: 7 Wonders: The Treasures of Seven
A good Match-3 game (think unpolished Bejeweled) and I enjoyed the casual thing for what it was.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fart of Presto posted:

Completed: 7 Wonders: The Treasures of Seven
I hate this game because it's not the board game. Everytime I see it I go "Wha, 7 Wonders on the PC? Wait, no, it's that game again."

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Beaten: FTL. Jesus, that second stage of the boss was horrifyingly difficult. I ended up losing all but 3 of my dudes.

Not sure if I'm gonna come back to it at any point, it's definitely a fun game though.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
BEAT: They Bleed Pixels. This lives in a weird space between N and Devil May Cry. The last few levels were hair-tearing for me but overall there is definitely something to be said for unleashing a 37-hit Squamous combo that stabs 12 dudes a bunch of times each and then punts them into buzzsaws.

BEAT: Quantum Conundrum. Meh. This can go away. First person platformer with physics puzzles in it, and all I found myself doing was wishing I was Faith Connors when I wasn't facepalming at Havok quirks. Though I guess there was a picture of a cat with a top-hat and monocle.

September wasn't a great month for the backlog, though I think I've made actual progress despite that. I got five new games (Critter Crunch, They Bleed Pixels, Rochard, Vessel, Space Pirates/Zombies) and beat only four, but one of those four was Fallout 3 and all its DLC. I think that puts me slightly ahead. (The last game I beat this month was Gish, which is as bad as you remember it being after trying it out again after the fourth time you accidentally got yet another copy as part of some bundle.)

This next month promises to not give me much time for backlog play. I'll probably only have time to spare for casual stuff for most of the month.

thizzin forever
Apr 10, 2007

I was doing well and actually making progress on my backlog, now I'm back to buying steam sales and playing a half dozen games at once.

Completed: Altered Beast. I was only missing the multiplayer achievement and had been trying to find a game off and on for the last couple weeks and finally got it this morning. Who could have guessed that Altered Beast wouldn't have a significant online community in 2012? Anyway that game isn't good and it wasn't good even for its time so I have no idea why I ever bought it.

Completed: Mush. This game is fantastic. It has a very cute art style reminiscent of a children's book and the music fits the theme as well. It's a casual puzzle-platformer with some interesting physics based puzzles although it's not difficult by any stretch, to the point that there are no fail states or deaths. The controls are tailored to a phone rather than shoe horned into a game better suited for a traditional controller like a lot of phone games tend to be. There's no virtual d-pad here, just tilting the phone and simple swipes to control your character. It's a shame the game will probably go unnoticed by most people as it's a WP7 exclusive.

Meanwhile I'm still working my way through Agarest War and probably will be for a long time. The SRPG part of the game is a lot of fun and surprisingly challenging, the anime dating sim parts and character design are really bad to the point of being offensive. I'm a sucker for games that have lots of stats for you to raise though and this game is loving loaded with numbers and they're constantly going up.

I bought the expansion for Magic: The Gathering and played a couple games and quit. I just didn't feel like unlocking another 150 cards and I could never convince my friends to play so I started playing Pinball FX 2 instead. Much like DotP 2013 it's really fun and I'm really bad at it. Also like DotP 2013 none of my friends are playing it so some of those cheevs and avatar items are going to be difficult.

Started Sands of Time, got frustrated pretty quickly with its willingness to let me jump to my death. Will finish it eventually but playing for more than 20 minutes at a time is hard for me to do. Also been playing a lot of Borderlands 2 on PC. That game is what I wanted in a sequel to the original game, although the humor still misses more than it hits and some of the characters get real annoying, real fast. The gameplay is great though and actually seems challenging this time. Also loving the increased variety in items and the meaningful difference between manufacturers. I ended up putting hundreds of hours into the original game across PC, 360 and PS3, will probably put even more into this one although I don't know that I'll get it for all three platforms again.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Altered Beast is one of those games that everyone fondly remembers until they actually play it again.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I have more, but they're not all steam, and I don't want to add them but these are my biggest issues, because they were so drat expensive and yet I just /don't/ play them.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
NULLED: Dungeon Siege (the first one). Speaking of games that everyone fondly remembers until they play them again, the first Dungeon Siege was a heavily flawed game. From the dated control scheme (oh how I longed for Dragon Age-style controls), to the slow-as-molasses combat, to the almost complete lack of character customization, there's really no reason to play this one in the year 2012. Nulled after a few disappointing hours.

BEAT: Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. I powered through this one because it's a relatively short game, but I really don't understand why it's so beloved by gamers. I suppose it's partly because I'm too impatient for stealth games, but I just feel like everything that CoR: EfBB does, Starbreeze expanded upon and did so much better in The Darkness. In addition, while I was excited to hear Vin Diesel voice the title role, it sounds like he popped a couple Ambiens before the voice-recording session.

All in all, I don't regret my time with it, but it won't ever end up on any personal "Best-Of" lists.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Beat: To The Moon
I really enjoyed the story, though I might have read too much into the hype and definitely had higher expectations on the emotional level (I didn't cry as it was promised I would).
I'm not very fond of the NES/SNES era JRPG style dialogs, even though the pixel art was great, but since there wasn't really any gameplay, it was just "click to continue" most of the time.

Nulled: Rig 'n' Roll
Truck sim gone bad, as in really lovely.
Palpek should review this in the Steam thread, as it would fit right in with his "crap games review" series.

Nulled: Lone Survivor
I had really looked forward to playing this, but at the basement level (half way through?), it just got so boring that I couldn't even be bothered to follow a walkthrough just to see the rest of the story.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Beat: DiRT 3
Very, very fun racing game, typical entry in the Codemasters series, really. A good amount of variety, brilliant damage modelling, the wonderful flashback system and handling vaguely grounded in reality that doesn't take itself too seriously. Also gimmicky menus and an incredibly annoying team of disembodied voices to accompany you. 'That was a sick drive, compadre! Load it up on Youtoob for all your fans! They'll go nuts!'. Got it for £7 off Amazon, and got 17 hours where I never felt like I was grinding, highly recommended for the price. Difficulty level 5 of 6 was challenging for me without being controller-smashingly impossible.

Acquired Sleeping Dogs and Shift 2 for a combined £17. Cheap games will be the end of me.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Beat: The Binding of Issac Wrath of the Lamb
After 208 deaths and 34 hours I finally killed Mom. I ended up buying this game during summer sale with WotL and installed both at once without realizing what I had done. I think this game finally said "gently caress it, please just finish" and handed it to me. I ended up starting out as Cain, picking up an Ankh, dying thereby becoming ???, getting Technology 2, then the giant eyeball/tear that maxes damage. Holy poo poo I was killing stuff so fast it would make your head spin. I wish I had recorded it, I love this game.

Gilgamesh
Nov 26, 2001

Fart of Presto posted:

Beat: To The Moon
I really enjoyed the story, though I might have read too much into the hype and definitely had higher expectations on the emotional level (I didn't cry as it was promised I would).
I'm not very fond of the NES/SNES era JRPG style dialogs, even though the pixel art was great, but since there wasn't really any gameplay, it was just "click to continue" most of the time.

That pretty much wraps up how I felt about it too. Good story, but it was hardly a "game"

Beat: Torchlight II on hardcore normal with an Engineer "minion" build. I gave Skeleton/Zombie/Archer/Heal All to my pet, concentrated on bot minion skills, and buffed up minion damage/armor every chance I could get. It was so much fun going from being swarmed to being the one swarming!

I thought I was done with it after I died on Act III the hardcore attempt before it, but the game is just so good I rolled up a new character and started again. I'm going to have to make a new hardcore elite character now that my brother just surpassed my best score of Level 19.

Nulled: A Virus Named Tom. You know, I love pipe puzzle games, but the "?" tiles just frustrate me, and it turns a strategy game into a game of memory and brute force, which I don't like.

Gilgamesh fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 2, 2012

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Nulled: Recettear
The gimmick of the game was kind of interesting but it got boring after a couple hours and the dungeon crawling bits were mediocre at best.

Beat: Bulletstorm
The story sucks but this ludicrous shooter was very enjoyable to play, with some funny dialogue.

Sparkyhodgo
Jun 21, 2003
Long potato

Devil Wears Wings posted:

BEAT: Dear Esther. Right here, we have not only an argument for interactive electronic media as a high-caliber storytelling medium, but also an even stronger argument that stripping out most of the things that we traditionally expect from a "video game" actually makes for a better narrative experience. While experiencing Dear Esther, I found myself thinking back to all of the times that I slogged through frustrating puzzles or clunky game mechanics for the sake of advancing a compelling narrative and wondering why the hell I bothered. This title, as far as I'm concerned, is (or at least should be) the Citizen Kane of video games.

Yes! That's it exactly. This isn't a game you beat, it's an interactive novel--a ghost story. People on metacritic who complain about this game don't realize that. And for what it is, it's a steal.

Thoughtless posted:

Against my better judgement I gave Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery a second chance and finished it. It has some godawful combat segments where you click your weapons on your monitor to use them and it will cause you to die repeatedly. It has more ironic quirky humor. It has obtuse puzzles about clicking everything on your screen. Pee-pee, doo-doo, it is a bad game.

Aww c'mon. This game is a joy, at least on the iPhone. The "tap tap" is cute, and the quirky dialogue makes it fresh and memorable (albeit almost certainly written by stoners).

BKPR posted:

More of a defeat here...purchased Hearts of Iron 3 Collection from GamersGate, a game which I almost certainly will never learn to play.

YES.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

A pretty decent month:

Beat: Borderlands 2
You need friends for this but holy drat this game is a shitload of fun, I played the gunzerker and once you get some decent guns its just RATATATATATAATAT :black101: all the time.
I though the first Borderlands was alright, bit empty and parts fell flat; The second does more of the same but somehow pulls it off so much better. The vista's are amazing the characters have more life to them and I even think claptrap is occasionally funny this time.

Beat: Assassin's Creed Revelations
I have put in around 30h of Multiplayer before getting past the 2nd sequence.
The game was not needed at all storywise, but once it gets going it is still very good. Taking my time with the SP was a good choice because Istanbul has some amazing detail to it that is easy to miss.
The main storyline is serviceable but the individual missions have some endearing, funny or cool moments all through the game.
Pick this up if you liked Brotherhood and when it's cheap.

I also completed Assassin's Creed Revelations: The Lost Archive [DLC], I personally think the first person puzzles are alright and they are interesting at times in this one. But this is very much skippable.

Completed: Saints Row: The Third - The Trouble with Clones [DLC]
Short like the other two, but fun.
I haven't looked yet but having the saints flow powers fulltime would be a cool mod.

Beat: Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
First time I played my steam version, but I have easily played this game 10 times now and it's still great.

Beat: Driver: San Francisco
I'm no fan of racing games, but the funny writing, bizarre plot and mechanics (in a good way) and fun controls make this a very unrecognized gem.
The mechanics get introduced well, the plot is pretty cool and has fun little nods, the driving is drat fun and the soundtrack is great.
Get this game if you love fun and don't have a particular grudge against racing games.

New Games:
Torchlight 2
Borderlands 2

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

I beat Orc Must Die 2 and Scratches : Director's Cut this month so far.

I should go back to Saint Row : The Third and at least complete the storyline.

I did a huge cleaning of my Steam library. When I check my profile, it says 299 but I count only 244 games for Steam on Backloggery. Some were purchased for nostlagia which I already beated years ago, some came with packs and will never play, some I tried and nulled, some are only multiplayer, etc...

With that said, I still got 114 unfinished/unplayed titles! As soon as I beat a few games, a Steam sale shows up (possibility of a Halloween sale soon) and it voids my recent progress!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Hemish posted:

When I check my profile, it says 299 but I count only 244 games for Steam on Backloggery.

DLC, stuff like witcher 2 bonus content, and toolsets sometimes also add to the number.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Zedd posted:

DLC, stuff like witcher 2 bonus content, and toolsets sometimes also add to the number.

Well... I know. I may have expressed myself badly. What I was saying was that even if it says 299 games, after my cleaning up, I only added 244 on Backloggery. Bunch of those are stuff I will never play or don't count as games that can be beaten so I ended up with an actual library of 183 titles on Backloggery. Said backlog is at 114 currently.

:negative:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Not so much a Steam question as a Valve question, but now that CS:GO and DOTA 2 are both out, anybody have any idea what they're working on? Even any best guesses?

jvempire
May 10, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

Not so much a Steam question as a Valve question, but now that CS:GO and DOTA 2 are both out, anybody have any idea what they're working on? Even any best guesses?
Patching and adding more content to CSGO and Dota 2 I believe can only be the guesses we can do at the moment. Valve is very anti-hype, they could have a thousand different projects going on right now and we wouldn't even know it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Well, that's two games, so if experience holds, that's it. :v:

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

jvempire posted:

Patching and adding more content to CSGO and Dota 2 I believe can only be the guesses we can do at the moment. Valve is very anti-hype, they could have a thousand different projects going on right now and we wouldn't even know it.

I wouldn't say they're anti-hype. They just don't tell anyone until the project is ready for release.

Opus125
Jul 29, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Have you guys ever faced up to the possibility that you'll never finish your digital game purchases pile?

At the rate I'm going, it's probably going to be a good seven years. I'm pretty certain I can cut it down to 2.5 years if I do nothing but play accumulated single player games, but screw that; multi-player games beckon as do other hobbies and concerns. Also, the Steam pile makes buying other games unjustifiable, which sucks when you want to be part of the conversation with current games (ahem Borderlands 2/Dishonered/XCOM.)

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Yeah, I've considered that.
I'm even moving backwards anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter much.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that is a real possibility for me. I seem to only get through one, maybe two games a month if I have a lot of free time. I did just buy Geneforge 1-5 and the most recent game I beat was Max Payne 2. I'm currently playing through Crysis Warhead and it's pretty enjoyable and from what I've read, shorter than the original. Hopefully I can get through this and maybe knock out Time Gentlemen, Please! this weekend. I just checked my backloggery and it shows me that even with all the games I've beat in 2012, I've still bought or been gifted 14 more...and that isn't including the 5 Geneforge games. Never going to get through them all.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I've hit a steady state at around 20-30% unbeaten, but a lot of the buildup is me breaking out things into base+DLC or finding stuff I'd forgotten about.

Not that this has also stopped me from buying more things as they come out - X-COM just hit, and the original was to me what Thief and Thief II were to a lot of others... and those just got a daily deal not long ago too. So did Arcanum.

But there's little enough new coming out that I actually care about that I can still feel up-to-date while making steady churn through my historical games.

Not exactly historical, but I did recently beat Defense Grid. I'd played it on and off (mostly off) for a year and a half - I'd gotten it with the Portal 2 indie game marketing pack. So it's nice to see that get wrapped up.

When I have the mental capacity for X-COM I'm playing that, and when I don't, I play Critter Crunch. My non-gaming life has been kicking my rear end left and right lately though so there's not a lot of motivation for a game as full of death as X-COM.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Opus125 posted:

Have you guys ever faced up to the possibility that you'll never finish your digital game purchases pile?

I'm almost positive I won't, but that's not really a goal for me. I like keeping track of the games I've beaten, and having them all in one place helps remind me that I really don't need to be spending more on games right now.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

I know I'll never get through everything. Even if I took the time or had the desire, there's the issue of backwards compatibility to deal with. I already have games that are a good 10-15 years old that I can't get running on a modern computer, and I'd imagine this problem will only get worse. And I still have physical CD and DVD versions of some games that are getting old enough to the point where bit rot may be an actual issue :stare:

The upside to this is I've actually been buying fewer games. Every time I want to impulse buy a game that I don't know much about, I just think of my backloggery profile. That's been keeping my purchases in check and limited to the stuff I actually know I'll play.

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 11, 2012

thizzin forever
Apr 10, 2007

I'm closing in on a thousand games so I accepted a long time ago that I'll never finish all of them. I like having something to work towards though.

The only thing that bothers me is that I have a fairly large number of games I either haven't played at all or have only played for a brief time. I'm trying to prioritize playing those first but I keep getting sidetracked by Pinball and Borderlands.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

I'M trying to get back into Saint Row but all these DLC are pissing me off. I'm trying to do the story mission but I think I just did a shitload of DLC stuff and now I don't seem to have new missions to make me go forward in the story. I must have forgotten something explained early in the game, it's been so long since I played.

I hope it's not a matter of doing those boring random activities... Ugh.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Time for another mini beat.

BEATEN: The Walking Dead - Episode 4: Not as exciting as the last few episodes but it certainly painted how bleak and hopeless the world seems. Also having to click Bury the Dead Child is not something I ever want to do again. :smith:

Still can't wait for the last episode and really hope there's another season.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Beat: Spec Ops: The Line
Awesome story and decent 3rd person shooter.
Reading the main Steam thread, it seems like most people got the game and started playing it, expecting a standard military shooter, but finished the game with a whole different view of it.

Completed: McPixel
I don't think I've ever laughed as much as I did when playing McPixel. On each scene there was at least one gag where I laughed out loud because of some absurdity or just low brow humor.
But play it in small doses to not over-do it.

Nulled: Nexuiz
Just never really got into it and I'm not that into MP games in general.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Completed Adventures of Shuggy: Really liked the way this game plays with all its gimmicks. Got everything except the coop achievement.

Nulled Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble: Putting aside my dislike for the art style and setting, the actual game itself is just tedious. Click a thing. PLay one of these four to five minigames. One of the ones that kept coming up was entirely luck based. There's no way your skill or understanding of the game could effect the outcome.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Beat: Torchlight 2
What a great game this is. I really enjoyed Torchlight 1 and this one is just so much more polished that it really takes the whole experience one notch up.
If it wasn't for my gigantic backlog, I would probably play it some more and it's not impossible that I re-install it some day.

Nulled: Renegade Ops
I really enjoyed this game, but never finished it, and it has now been sitting in my "Playing" category for over half a year untouched and just mocking me.
The problem with the game is, I'm really bad at it. And every time I try and do better, my hands really hurt after a gaming session with the Xbox 360 controller. It feels like they almost cramp up, which I'm pretty sure is a bad sign. I tried playing the game using KB+M, but that's just impossible.
Oh well, hopefully the devs are hard at work on Just Cause 3.

Nulled: Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
While Steam says I've only played 45 minutes, I know for a fact that's wrong. But it's true that I'll probably never play it again as it's been more than a year since the last time I played it.
Lately, the only racing games I've done, are racing missions in sandbox games like Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row 3, and honestly, that's good enough for me.
It should be noticed that I actually enjoyed this while it lasted, but again, long backlog.

More house cleaning:
Nulled: Bunch of Heroes
I have played 92 minutes of this. That's easily 91 minutes too many.

Nulled: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
At first I thought it was OK and at least the level design was not as bad as FEAR 1, but it just kept more and more boring.
The only thing fun, was to see if I could out-sprint the ghost girl every time she showed up. Someone then told me how it ends, and I'm glad I didn't finish it.

Nulled: Farm Frenzy Pizza Party
According to the stats, I've played FFPP almost as long as I've played FEAR 2.
That is just wrong!

Fart of Presto fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Fart of Presto posted:

Beat: Torchlight 2
What a great game this is. I really enjoyed Torchlight 1 and this one is just so much more polished that it really takes the whole experience one notch up.
If it wasn't for my gigantic backlog, I would probably play it some more and it's not impossible that I re-install it some day.

Nulled: Renegade Ops
I really enjoyed this game, but never finished it, and it has now been sitting in my "Playing" category for over half a year untouched and just mocking me.
The problem with the game is, I'm really bad at it. And every time I try and do better, my hands really hurt after a gaming session with the Xbox 360 controller. It feels like they almost cramp up, which I'm pretty sure is a bad sign. I tried playing the game using KB+M, but that's just impossible.
Oh well, hopefully the devs are hard at work on Just Cause 3.

Fart of Presto, what magic are you using to beat so many games so quickly?!