Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Romo is simultaneously inspiring and horrifying. It's like he and Lincecum got together before the season and decided they'd go for a good ERA averaged between them.

Ok, Plan C for Canseco is not working. Hopefully this is an issue solveable through the draft, but until then my next best bat to try is..... Sandoval? Really? Well, ok then. Sandoval to 3B, Elliott to CF, and Beltran can DH against lefties righties, sorry.

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Luna Landers

While I'm thinking of it, turn our stolen base rate back down to +2.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

The Goog posted:

Trade proposal!

Great Googly-Mooglies get: 2009 Yadier Molina

Rated R Superstars get: 1911 Jack Lapp, 1910 Jim Delahanty

I cannot vote on this trade for the Superstars. The trade needs the approval of either (Bomber AND Pungry or Cthulhu Dreams) or (Pungry, Cthulhu Dreams and FaustoanBargain).

Not sure what this deal will do exactly, but I'll approve it with my 34%.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Bring Glavine back in for Schmidt this week since he's banged up.

I'll get you an all-star roster sometime Sunday afternoon.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

TKBomber7285 posted:

Not sure what this deal will do exactly, but I'll approve it with my 34%.

Approving with my 20%

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The Superstars-Mooglies trade is approved.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Swell!

For the Mooglies, let's send Avila to the minors and make Molina the starting catcher against righties and lefties. Also, call up 1968 Dick McAuliffe and make him the new second baseman.

For the Superstars, Jack Lapp takes over as the backup catcher and personal catcher of Pete Alexander. Jim Delahanty sits in the minors where hopefully we never see him again.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 14, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Turns out I had McAuliffe on my bench already, so let's call up 2009 Mark DeRosa. And if I was confused, I imagine everyone else might be, too, so here's an updated roster:

25-Man Roster:

C 2009 Yadier Molina
1B 2001 Jeff Bagwell
2B 1968 Dick McAuliffe
SS 1984 Cal Ripken, Jr.
3B 1966 Brooks Robinson
RF 2009 Shin-Soo Choo
CF 1934 Earl Averill
LF 1939 Ted Williams
DH 1939 Hank Greenberg

BN 1912 Chief Meyers
BN 2009 Mark DeRosa
BN 1998 Bernie Williams
BN 1985 Joe Carter
BN 2009 Travis Hafner

SP 1911 Chief Bender
SP 2009 Cliff Lee
SP 2001 Mike Mussina
SP 1911 Chief Bender
SP 2011 Justin Verlander

RP 1934 Mel Harder
RP 2009 Kerry Wood
RP 2009 Joe Smith
RP 2009 Kerry Wood
RP 2009 Justin Masterson
RP 1978 Bill Lee

Minors:

1911 "Lightning" Amos Strunk
1911 Stuffy McInnis
1934 Joe Vosmik
1934 Lloyd Brown

Lineups:

vs RHP

1. Shin-Soo Choo RF
2. Jeff Bagwell 1B
3. Ted Williams LF
4. Hank Greenberg DH
5. Earl Averill CF
6. Cal Ripken, Jr. SS
7. Yadier Molina C
8. Brooks Robinson 3B
9. Dick McAuliffe 2B

vs LHP

1. Cal Ripken, Jr. SS
2. Jeff Bagwell 1B
3. Ted Williams LF
4. Hank Greenberg DH
5. Earl Averill CF
6. Joe Carter RF
7. Yadier Molina C
8. Brooks Robinson 3B
9. Mark DeRosa 2B

Pitching Rotation:

SP1. Chief Bender
SP2. Cliff Lee
SP3. Chief Bender
SP4. Mike Mussina
SP5. Justin Verlander

LR Bill Lee
MR Mel Harder
SR Joe Smith
SR Justin Masterson
SU Kerry Wood
CL Kerry Wood

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Let's have Bradford step up as a closer for Gagne and let's swap Anibal Sanchez in for Calero at Short Relief since his numbers are horrendous.

Also whoever is in charge of the All-Star Team, you better have THE Thornton Lee pitch for you.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
Hey, I'm using a ratings challenge on 1911 Joe Wood.

Here is Joe Wood's 1911 line:

2.02 ERA, 7.5 K/9, 2.5 BB/9, 162 OPS+

Here is Joe Wood's SLVII line:

6.24 ERA, 13.2 K/9, ?? BB/9, ?? OPS+

His K/9 seems incredibly high at first blush, but considering that 7.5 K/9 led the league in 1911 and he was the premier strikeout dude of his era, that might only be a little high. What is less understandable is that while he's striking out more people than he did in the 1910's, his ERA is way higher. I don't precisely buy the argument of poor fielding: in the 1910s, fielding was also quite terrible and while I have poor defense it isn't contributing to 2.5 to 3 more runs per 9 innings. Wood's highest ERA in any season in his career (min. 100 IP) is 2.62: that was towards the end of his career, and my Wood is in his prime.

Wood has always been nails in the Super-League (Randy Johnson less so, so I'm hesitant to challenge his rating), but it's been an appreciable amount of time for him this year and he's been terrible. Even his rating is a 79, which indicates either diminished skills due to injury, the worst luck in history, or a gross underrating. You yourself attested to his health so I'm only left to believe that Wood is either insanely unlucky or misrated by the Mogul engine.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

factorialite posted:

Hey, I'm using a ratings challenge on 1911 Joe Wood.

Here is Joe Wood's 1911 line:

2.02 ERA, 7.5 K/9, 2.5 BB/9, 162 OPS+

Here is Joe Wood's SLVII line:

6.24 ERA, 13.2 K/9, ?? BB/9, ?? OPS+

His K/9 seems incredibly high at first blush, but considering that 7.5 K/9 led the league in 1911 and he was the premier strikeout dude of his era, that might only be a little high. What is less understandable is that while he's striking out more people than he did in the 1910's, his ERA is way higher. I don't precisely buy the argument of poor fielding: in the 1910s, fielding was also quite terrible and while I have poor defense it isn't contributing to 2.5 to 3 more runs per 9 innings. Wood's highest ERA in any season in his career (min. 100 IP) is 2.62: that was towards the end of his career, and my Wood is in his prime.

Wood has always been nails in the Super-League (Randy Johnson less so, so I'm hesitant to challenge his rating), but it's been an appreciable amount of time for him this year and he's been terrible. Even his rating is a 79, which indicates either diminished skills due to injury, the worst luck in history, or a gross underrating. You yourself attested to his health so I'm only left to believe that Wood is either insanely unlucky or misrated by the Mogul engine.

His DICE is 3.36, so he's not unlucky, you've just put a terrible, terrible defense behind him that includes:

Jimmie Foxx (not a good fielder)
Chuck Knoblauch (suffered from terminal Steve Sax disease)
Yaz (old)
Hack Wilson (Stunningly, a guy who was 5'6'' and 200 lbs didn't have great range)
David Justice (DH in the making)

I did bump up the rating a bit, but you probably didn't deserve it.

Super-Draft VIII

Barring any other complaints, let's make that draft final.

Smasher League Week 11 Injury Report

No new champions

Chicago Bobbleheads
Bobby Abreu (OF) (Yes, you still have Bobby Abreu on your team) - 13 days

Great Googly-Mooglies
Shin-Soo Choo (OF) (Funk Crash!) - Out for Season

Juneau Juggernauts
Dave Righetti (RP) (This'll learn you to make challenges) - 33 days

Luna Landers
Gabby Hartnett (C) (Moon Trouble) - 31 days
Bob Feller (SP) (Slim Love must be freed!) - 11 days

Madison Mudholes
Andrew McCutcheon (CF) (Ankle Fracture) - 16 days

Rated R Superstars
Eddie Collins (2B) (SEC Investigation) - 12 days

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 14, 2012

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Alright. Now that I have a new pitcher, slot him in behind Verlander and we're gonna go to a 4 man rotation for a little while. Clemens/Verlander/Santana/Summers. Boddicker back to LR, Boyd to AAA. Also, let's give Olerud a little break by playing Stargell at first for now.

cbx fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 14, 2012

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Brown & Ellis to the minors for right now, Joba deserves a fair chance at #5 starter & I want to see the ratings that mean nothing before making a move.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
Warren Spahn to the rotation, and I kind of want to put big unit in the setup situation. is this feasible?

actually, lets put wood at su

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Pete Rose returns to my bench, send Tim Raines to AAA. My second rounder (Breechen?) also goes to the minors.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Mooglies will put Choo on the DL and have Sizemore sit in the minors for now, while we experiment with the stupidest defensive alignment possible. New lineups!

vs RHP

1. Earl Averill CF
2. Jeff Bagwell 1B
3. Ted Williams RF
4. Hank Greenberg LF
5. Chipper Jones 3B
6. Cal Ripken, Jr. SS
7. Travis Hafner DH
8. Yadier Molina C
9. Dick McAuliffe 2B

vs LHP

1. Cal Ripken, Jr. SS
2. Jeff Bagwell 1B
3. Ted Williams LF
4. Hank Greenberg DH
5. Chipper Jones 3B
6. Earl Averill CF
7. Joe Carter RF
8. Yadier Molina C
9. Mark DeRosa 2B

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Superstars will put Collins on the DL and send down John Rocker to make room for our new acquisitions. Until Collins is healthy, let's run with this:

BATTING ORDER

vs RHP

1. Derek Jeter SS
2. Jimmie Foxx DH
3. Albert Pujols 1B
4. Vladimir Guerrero LF
5. Frank Robinson RF
6. Matt Williams 3B
7. Ivan Rodriguez C
8. Jhonny Peralta 2B
9. Larry Doby CF

vs LHP

1. Derek Jeter SS
2. Jimmie Foxx DH
3. Albert Pujols 1B
4. Vladimir Guerrero LF
5. Frank Robinson RF
6. Andruw Jones CF
7. Matt Williams 3B
8. Ivan Rodriguez C
9. Jhonny Peralta 2B

NOTE: Please have Jack Lapp be the personal catcher for Grover Cleveland Alexander.

PITCHING ROTATION

SP1. Grover Cleveland Alexander
SP2. Roy Halladay
SP3. AJ Burnett
SP4. Adam Wainwright
SP5. Chris Carpenter

LR Brandon League
MR Tug McGraw
SR Jason Motte
SR Jesse Orosco
SU Chris Perez
CL BJ Ryan

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Have to use the banner one last time.

Bridges to the minors, Eck becomes the new closer, send Aguilera down to the minors.

New Bullpen:
Eck
Wetteland
Valverde
Worthington
Guardado
Grimes

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

: Startin' one of the toughest stretches in th' Super-League at 2-4 ain't a good start. Mudholes/Potatoes/Dubbyas/Bubbleheads/Mudholes Again/Potatoes Again/Landers/Bubbleheads again..

Yeah I'm gonna take th' Astro Cycle out again and I'm gonna get fuckin' wasted. We better start thinkin' about the Guantlet with that schedule.

: I dunno if this matters, but we drafted 1994 Pedro Martinez and 1972 Bob Johnson.

: Don't we already have a Bob Johnson?

: Yes and it turns out he sucks when it comes to the Super League. He was honestly better in the Expansion Cup, but he ain't working out. This guy is a relief pitcher. Might have gotten hurt at some point which explains the short career, but he's probably better than Papa Grande V. Hell, we might as well just pitch Big Daddy V in that spot.

: I see. Well, let's make some moves, mang.

Rotation:

1) Jim Bunning
2) Juan Marichal
3) Pedro Martinez
4) Frank Tanana
5) Doug Fister

Send Jose Valverde to AAA and just slide in Bob Johnson in his spot, I suppose. Lineups:

vs. left handed pitchers (DH)

1) 1B George Sisler
2) RF Al Kaline
3) DH George Bell
4) CF Indian Bob Johnson
5) LF Ken Williams
6) 2B Robinson Cano
7) 3B Buddy Bell
8) C Hank Severid
9) SS Tony Fernandez

vs. right handed pitchers (DH)

1) 1B George Sisler
2) 2B Robinson Cano
3) CF Indian Bob Johnson
4) LF Ken Williams
5) RF Al Kaline
6) DH George Bell
7) C Have Severid
8) 3B Buddy Bell
9) SS Tony Fernandez

Looks like we should move either Urban Shocker or Doug Fister, and Jose Valverde. If any of joo guys need pitchin', we need offense, preferably of the SS/3B/LF/CF/C variety. Give Stevie B a call.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
The Ted Sox

Need: A starting 3B

Are offering: Damon, Katt who are great pieces to help!

In the meantime, platoon Damon and Rice and send Lewis down to the minors.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Well, I suppose this is where things improve a bit or I gently caress up my team beyond all hope. Mathematicians' changes;

Votto's going in the lineup and Furcal to the minors for now, so let's put I guess Sweeney in AAA to make room.

Against LHP;

LF Zack Wheat
2B Joe Morgan
DH Jack Clark '85
RF Chuck Klein
1B Jack Clark '82
CF Bob Elliott
SS Arky Vaughan
C Buster Posey
3B Pablo Sandoval

Against RHP:

LF Zack Wheat
2B Joe Morgan
DH Miguel Cabrera
RF Chuck Klein
1B Joey Votto
CF Bob Elliott
SS Arky Vaughan
C Buster Posey
3B Pablo Sandoval

Which means that I have a whole 1 Carlos Beltran currently surplus to requirements. He's a useful option for me still, though, so lowballers need not apply.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

blackmongoose posted:

Have to use the banner one last time.

: Thank you for holding on to that banner, and for acquiring the US Championship for me. I'd grown comfortable with it, but had felt its lack until now. After all, owners prize the thing ungained more than it is, as it were.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

With the draft finalised, and because I haven't done it in a while, have a roster!

Pitching
#1: Jack McDowell
#2: Sandy Koufax
#3: Pete Alexander
#4: Cy Young
#5: Jeff Teresau
Closer: Rob Dibble
Setup: Stan Williams
Short Relief: Robb Nenn
Short Relief: Kazuhiro Sasaki
Middle Relief: Eri Yoshida
Long Relief: Burleigh Grimes

Lineup and Batting Order
#1: Duke Snider (CF)
#2: Al Simmons (LF)
#3: Lou Whitaker (2B)
#4: Babe Ruth (RF)
#5: John Olerud (1B)
#6: Scott Rolen (3B)
#7: Ed Delahanty (DH)
#8: Asdrubal Cabrera (SS)
#9: Ted Simmons (C)

Bench
Mark Bellhorn
Darren Daulton
Jose Cruz
Mark Grace
Lloyd Moseby

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Rochester Generics
Welp, this is going to be a "fun" season. Berra in catcher, Ellis in 5 spot, Zambrano back to LR, and we'll put Goose Goslin in LF while Rice covers 1B. That covers everything I think.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
: I was pumped for this game until I realized it was just normal baseball. What kind of All-Star game doesn't have kegs for bases and bears for infielders? Whatever, these bozos can play stickball while I hunt gorillas.

Smasher League All-Star Team

Lineup
2B: Rogers Hornsby; Comancheros
3B: Wade Boggs; Juneau Juggernauts
CF: Joe DiMaggio; Luna Landers
DH: Stan Musial; Ry’leh Cultists
RF: Hank Aaron; Luna Landers
1B: John Olerud; South Bolton Eazy W’s
C: Josh Gibson; Idaho Potatoes
LF: Zack Wheat; Oxbridge Mathematicians
SS: Derek Jeter; Chicago Bobbleheads

BN: Mike Piazza; Finger Lakes Phoenixes
BN: Miguel Cabrera; Norfolk Splinter Cells
BN: Eddie Collins; Luna Landers
BN: Tris Speaker; Ted Sox
BN: Vladimir Guerrero; Rated R Superstars

Pitching
SP: Christy Mathewson; Ry’leh Cultists
SP: Cliff Lee; Great Googily-Moogilies
SP: Tom Glavine; Juneau Juggernauts
SP: Thornton Lee; Cologne Emperors
SP: Curt Schilling; Chicago Bobbleheads

CL: Sergio Romo; Oxbridge Mathematicians
SU: Robb Nen; Madison Mudholes
SR: Joakim Soria; Ry’leh Cultists
SR: Francisco Rodriguez; Madison Mudholes
MR: Tom Henke; Vice City Goose Eggs
LR: Roger Clemens; Luna Landers

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
So sad that I've only got one guy on the all-star team. Oh well, at least the Tigers are beating the Yankees!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

: Last time, on Dunn Force: Adam Dunn got killed by a Carl Mays fastball, and so went to Baseball Purgatory where he met the restless spirit of Ray Chapman, who promised to teach him how to beat Carl Mays...through smallball! Dunn Force, Episode Seven: The Pitch That Killed, Part Three. Okay, so Dunn is still in purgatory with Ray Chapman, and he's training him on how to beat Carl Mays. He explains that Dunn can't just sit back and take pitches, or else Mays will just throw another pitch into Dunn's skull and kill him again. Dunn is conflicted, because he hates smallball more than any other man who has ever lived. Back on Earth, the Three True Outcomes are looting Chicago, since Dunn is dead. Cyber-Dunn shows up to stop them, and they start fighting. Kingman taunts Cyber-Dunn about Adam Dunn getting killed, and Cyber-Dunn responds by shooting him with his energy blaster. The fight continues for a bit, but Cyber-Dunn is slowly but surely wearing down the Outcomes. Eddie Yost realizes that they don't really need to be doing this, and calls on Carl Mays to kill Cyber-Dunn. Mays shows up and jokes that he's never gotten a chance to kill a man twice before, and then aims a ball at Cyber-Dunn's head. At the last minutes, however, it gets bunted away from Cyber-Dunn's skull by the NeyerBat...and Adam Dunn is the man who bunted it! Because he's alive again! To Be Continued!

Super-League VII, Dynamo League Week 11: Life, Death, and Nolan Ryan

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

BANGERS TAKE TITLES BACK, TAKE OUT UNSPECS 5-4

Fukuoka- Like in all dealings with Marauder, the Unspecifieds gave up much more than they received. Four weeks ago, the Bangers dropped the Ruropean Titles to the Unspecifieds after a title reign that lasted a full season. Today, the Bangers not only reclaimed the European title, but picked up the United States Championship as well by completing a three-game sweep of the Unspecifieds in Fukuoka.

After the loss, perhaps the most devastating of blackmongoose's Super-League tenure, the enigmatic Unspecifieds' owner appeared to give a statement. "People of the Super-League, please attend, I would like to congratulate Marauder for his accomplishment today. Clearly, for all of my non-sensical ramblings about citiss and teams and whatnot, I know little about actually building a decent team, as evidenced by my many, many failures in the Super-League. And now, let us hear from the greatest Super-League owner of all-time, my superior in all things baseball, and the rightful European and United States Champion, The Merry Marauder!"

blackmongoose then removed his mask to reveal Marauder's cruel visage. "A point of clarification before I begin my prepared remarks. I am not actually blackmongoose, I merely impersonated for a moment to further humiliate his team. Obviously, were I secretly blackmongoose, I doubt the Unspecifieds would have been relegated twice. But enough of that, tonight should be a celebration of yet another staggering accomplishment in the history of the Fukuoka Finger-Bangers, our second reign as European Champions, our first reign as United States Champions, to go with our two reigns as Intercontinental Champions, our four Sic Transit Vir championships, our three Dynamo League championships and, of course, the overall championship of Super-League III. The Finger-Bangers are, all-told, the most decorated Super-League Franchise of all-time, one of only three remaining original Super-League teams.

"But where do we go from here? It is an interesting question, I'll admit. For several seasons, I have wanted to put my Finger-Bangers against the Macho Men but, due to certain...complications, that has proven impossible. But this year will be different, I think. Perhaps it is finally time to put my Finger-Bangers to the ultimate test..."

Box Score

Don May posted:

SAINTS CRUSH RADBOURNS 11-0

Chicago- The Radbourns are terrible.

But this crushing victory did not satisfy Senerio, who felt that this writeup was an insult to his team, "My name is Senerio, and I am the best team builder in the Super-League. I built the Queens Mercuries, who beat the Chicago Blood Sox in the greatest upset in Super-League history. I built the Power Rangers, who were taken before their time, and now I've built the Second City Saints, named after CM Punk, who is also the best of the world. And what do I get in return? This is my second Game of the Week in eleven weeks! That is not showing me and my team the proper amount of respect! Oh, Smasher will give the Radbourns shot after shot in these Games of the Week, no matter how many times they fail, but the Saints? We get respect, and I think that it's high time we got the respect that we deserve. And if we don't start getting it soon, well, then we'll have to get it another way. Respect!"

Dr. Mike Marshall seemed even more rattled than usual following that strange monologue by Senerio, "Well...uh...I certainly respect the Saints, I guess. Obviously today didn't go really well. We had some real problems with our bullpen, and since the entire team is premised around a good bullpen, when that stops working, things do kind of get out of hand. I'm not going to lie to you, we're probably going to get relegated, and it looks like the only reason for our existence was a plot by Warm Sarsaparilla to weaken next season's dispersal draft by making sure that a team with no starting pitchers makes up part of the pool. While that does mean that this season is essentially just a charade, I think you do have to give credit to Warm Sarsaparilla for some serious long-term planning. You have to give him credit for that...right?"

Box Score

Don May posted:

UNICORNS ANNIHILATE DERVISHES 13-2, SUFFER EXISTENTIAL CRISIS

Cleveland- The Unicorns blew out the Dervishes today, but they didn't seem too thrilled about it.

In fact, after the game, IceMole seemed almost close to tears, and had to collect himself for a few moments before he began speaking, "We killed the Dervishes today. Just demolished them. Phillippe threw a great game, Evans hit another home run, McGwire drew some more walks, it was everything we could want from a game. But...I don't know, I don't know that that's enough for me anymore. Some days it just feels like I'm stuck here. I'm not going backwards, I'm not going forwards, I'm not going anywhere.

"It used to be a bit more clear to me. I'd kill the Bangers, have my revenge, and that would be that. But what I am really doing. The Unicorns just leveled the Dervishes, hurt them so badly that I don't know that they'll recover. And for what? For revenge on the Bangers? Or just because I'm not sure what else to do. I'm going to have to think on this, think hard."

As for the Dervishes, who just got the crap beaten out of them once again, Beet was catatonic, as the Generics somehow crept within five games of the Dervishes with fifteen weeks left in the season. Dervishes' players, trying to make the best of the situation, attempted to attach some sort of puppet strings on Beet, so as to give the illusion that Beet was still of sound mind and body. Unfortunately, the effect was rather macabre, especially when Eddie Yost attempted to operate Beet as some sort of living ventriloquist dummy.

The Dervishes later apologized for the grim spectacle.

Box Score

Numbers!

Analysis

Well, that couldn't have gone much worse. Also, you're entire infield is sinking right now, you might want to do something about that.

Analysis

Another Dunn! You...uh...have absolutely no use for him, but still, TWO DUNNS!

Analysis

You know you want to try a Williams/Mathews platoon at third. Come on, it might be fun!

Analysis

With just a bit more luck...

Analysis

Smith keeps your team's ERA down, but he is just brutal at the plate. I'm starting to wonder if the trade-off is worth it.

Analysis

You really want to stick with Joba? Really?

Analysis

RAMPAGE!

Analysis

Actually, your team looks likes it's coming together. Keep the faith.

Analysis

You, however, should not keep the faith.

Analysis

The Postmodernists keep picking up steam. God help us.

Analysis

The Portland Bulldogs: Villainy at its finest!

Analysis

Okay, McGwire goes to first and I guess Killebrew goes to left field. He's not a good left fielder, but apparently Josh Hamilton has committed some sin against god or something.

(By the way, the whole 'sin against God' thing was a real excuse Hamilton used to explain his slump in the second-half this season. Turned out the 'sin' was him chewing tobacco.)

Analysis

Good news: The Generics are making a run at the Dervishes for first place!

Bad News: They'll be doing it without Bonds.

Analysis

They won the series against the Oranges, thus killing Florida's momentum. The next two weeks should be a bit more relaxing, although a match with the Postmodernists for the Intercontinental Championship is looming at the end of the month.

Analysis

Respect!

Analysis

El Presidente is done. Replace him.

Standings and Leaders

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 15, 2012

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

...those are all predicted stats, somehow. Nice to know that Brown's 1-6 record should end up with a 10-game winning streak somehow though!

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Put Traynor in at 3B. Also, play Fregosi at 2nd until Hornsby isn't sore anymore. Maybe a little rest will help him start hitting

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Just to confirm:
Kent is playing 2B while Vidro is out, correct?
Also Piazza is my catcher right?
move Vidro to the DL, and take Bell out in any case.
Also that game of the week is correct. I deserve respect. :colbert:

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Robin Yount has one week to pick it up before I either replace him with an out-of-position Del Pratt or get gouged for a replacement SS. He's been that terrible.

Changes for this week: go to a four-man rotation whilst Matlack is out, and have Thomas come back in at 1B.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Hey, Everybody!

Expansion Time is here again!

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew. You are but a man-child. Children's bones are made of rubber and should not break. That's OK, you were hitting for poo poo anyway.

Let's put Musial in CF and DH Hart.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

Let's slip Eddie Plank in for Reuschel, please. Reuschel to long man, Pettitte to the minors.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

We certainly do need to replace Presidente, and Schilling, too. Happily, we have these new picks. Wait, we ended up with Bob Welch? Oh, gently caress me.

Anyway, I think it should be Tom Seaver at fourth starter, Bob Welch at fifth. Al Simmons back in left, McCovey at first.

Let me try Dennis Leonard in lieu of General Crowder.

New lineup:
LF Rickey Henderson
2B Eddie Collins
1B Jeff Bagwell
CF Jim Edmonds
RF Lance Berkman
C Darrell Porter/Carlton Fisk
3B Eddie Mathews/Matt Williams (for comedy value)
SS Placido Polanco

Send Yobin Rount and Tartabull down, Rickey and Matt "Soon to be subject of a snippy dispatch" Williams have to come up.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Ah, that looks splendid.

Bob Feller to the minors, I might need him down the stretch, and he can rest his old bones. Nolan will be my new #1, Vance to the fifth spot. If I have to eat a Rijo start, so be it.

Send down Earl Beatty Battey and call up Thurman Munson to platoon with Yogi. Because I am crazy, send down Chipper and call up Giambino to work off the bench.

OK, now it's time to confront the elephant in the owner's box. Why is Barrold hitting .189? Does he really really hate center field that much?

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Viscount Slim posted:

We certainly do need to replace Presidente, and Schilling, too. Happily, we have these new picks. Wait, we ended up with Bob Welch? Oh, gently caress me.

Anyway, I think it should be Tom Seaver at fourth starter, Bob Welch at fifth. Al Simmons back in left, McCovey at first.

Approved.

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

God help you all!

Waite Hoyt goes into the rotation for Vic Willis. George Brett moves to third, Joe Kelley rests for a week. Bonds back into left field. Elmer Flick to AAA.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Viscount Slim posted:

CVE posted:

Approved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Dynamo League Week 12 Injury Report

We have a new Intercontinental Champion...and then another one.

Barrow Daydreamers
Bob Shawkey (SP) (Could notl ive on a team with two Dunns) - 86 days

Burma Imperialists
Darrell Porter (C) (One Step Forward...) - 12 days
Eddie Collins (2B) (Two Steps Back...) - 16 days

Dubai Dervishes
Tom Hall (RP) (Acceptable Losses) - 18 days

Florida Oranges
Carlos Beltran (OF) (Loneliness) - 10 days

Fukuoka Finger-Bangers
Orel Hershiser (SP) (Price for bragging about using '90 Orel) - 14 days

Polyarny Postmodernists