Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

tactical_grace posted:

I ordered 5 Stigs today (before they lowered the limit to 2 I guess). Who still wants one sent to them for cost price + postage? Edit: All taken.

Dammit :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.

Fayez Butts posted:

No other automobiles at the moment (aside from Technic), but there is the Sopwith Camel:

Pfffff man I've been off lego for a while and even when I did buy it I never cared about sets or displaying anything, I just wanted the bricks to build my own stuff.

But that is too cool, with working flaps and everything, and it's not even that expensive...

gently caress why did I even open this thread again?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Why does every piece in the catalog have to come in black

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

tactical_grace posted:

OK, Stigs will be going to Ika, Ville Valo, InfinEight, and youareoffthehook (and I'll keep one for myself). I'll email you all when they arrive to find out addresses etc. Ville Valo I don't have PMs so can you email me at team awesome at gmail. Cheers.

Sent! Thank you. :dance:

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

tactical_grace posted:

OK, Stigs will be going to Ika, Ville Valo, InfinEight, and youareoffthehook (and I'll keep one for myself). I'll email you all when they arrive to find out addresses etc. Ville Valo I don't have PMs so can you email me at team awesome at gmail. Cheers.

thanks!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

InfinEight posted:

This right here is why you don't sort by color. :)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
My favorite part of those 2013 sets is now I don't have to buy an $80 megaset to get "fire dept vs. cat in tree"

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Anyone wanna help me finish my series 7 and series 8 mini fig sets? Tired of getting doubles and apparently I'm horrible at feeling these things.

I need the following

Series 8

DJ
Evil Robot
Fairy
Business Man
Vampire Bat

Series 7

Computer Geek
Bunny Suit
Ocean King

I have the following mini figs from series 5/6/7/8 I'll trade or just straight up $$$$.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

mattfl posted:

Anyone wanna help me finish my series 7 and series 8 mini fig sets? Tired of getting doubles and apparently I'm horrible at feeling these things.

I need the following

Series 8

DJ
Evil Robot
Fairy
Business Man
Vampire Bat

Series 7

Computer Geek
Bunny Suit
Ocean King

I have the following mini figs from series 5/6/7/8 I'll trade or just straight up $$$$.

I have an extra few DJs and another bat guy. I'll see what else. I'd like some Romans and a evil pirate, actor and bavarian kid. Are you in the states?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Saint Sputnik posted:

I have an extra few DJs and another bat guy. I'll see what else. I'd like some Romans and a evil pirate, actor and bavarian kid. Are you in the states?

Yeah, I'm in Florida.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

mattfl posted:

I need the following

Series 8

DJ
Evil Robot
Fairy
Business Man
Vampire Bat

Series 7

Computer Geek
Bunny Suit
Ocean King

I have an evil robot I could trade you for that Sherlock.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Arkannoyed posted:

I have an evil robot I could trade you for that Sherlock.

Sure thing! Shoot me an email at SAUSERNAME @ gmail.com

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
Since we're tossing Minifig want/need lists out there.. Willing to trade or buy'em

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At2HJnG0mZDXdFlpcXd6WkNnUm96eWgxM1FxODV5VEE#gid=0

Matt, ygemail

Veeb0rg fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 15, 2012

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Veeb0rg posted:

Since we're tossing Minifig want/need lists out there.. Willing to trade or buy'em

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At2HJnG0mZDXdFlpcXd6WkNnUm96eWgxM1FxODV5VEE#gid=0

Matt, ygemail

Replied! :)

Lord Ryan
Nov 10, 2011

InfinEight posted:

Maybe I'm a closet emo or something. I perfer black, pay a preium to get black. Infact I'll send you my adress and love. You can send me all the black pieces you don't want.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

mattfl posted:

Done.

toochilled
Apr 3, 2003

Saint Sputnik posted:

I'd sort you out if you were in the UK, but shipping costs might make it uneconomical as it is.
Minifigs though. I have all the series so far, plus 138 duplicates to sell in future. I'm not sure if I should be annoyed at the money I spent, or happy that they wil be worth more in the future.

Nazzle
Apr 11, 2008
Don't know whether this is worth anyone's time, but after a quick chat in the bluewater Lego store in the UK I have found out that the Death Star is being discontinued next year.

Also bought tower bridge that looks like a real project. Really wanted the B-wing but it just looked a bit dull.

nws
Jul 20, 2004
Part time SCUBA Instructor......
The Stratos Jump
Scale 1:350

Watch the stratos jump - this time in LEGO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFU774q6eVM

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

nws posted:

The Stratos Jump
Scale 1:350

Watch the stratos jump - this time in LEGO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFU774q6eVM

That was pretty :3:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Some good news for TRU, but it's not as good as I had originally hoped.
They're finally introducing price matching!
Sadly, it looks like they're only matching printed advertising. No taking your phone and and showing them Amazon's storefront. Second, it doesn't apply to any category-wide discounts, any BOGO offers, or any percentage off discount (so a 20% off all Ninjago probably wouldn't count, but if they advertise the Seaside House for 20% off and show a price, it probably would). Or any Black Friday deals. And the Google result says 'Until Christmas Eve', but it doesn't say that on the page itself.
So you might be able to take a Lego catalog in and actually get MSRP prices and avoid paying the TRU Tax. But otherwise, it's not a very good price-matching program.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 16, 2012

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

Some good news for TRU, but it's not as good as I had originally hoped.
They're finally introducing price matching!
Sadly, it looks like they're only matching printed advertising. No taking your phone and and showing them Amazon's storefront. Second, it doesn't apply to any category-wide discounts, any BOGO offers, or any percentage off discount (so a 20% off all Ninjago probably wouldn't count, but if they advertise the Seaside House for 20% off and show a price, it probably would). Or any Black Friday deals. And the Google result says 'Until Christmas Eve', but it doesn't say that on the page itself.
So you might be able to take a Lego catalog in and actually get MSRP prices and avoid paying the TRU Tax. But otherwise, it's not a very good price-matching program.

My local TRU said that if I could pull a price on my phone, they'd accept that. Just had to be actually published somewhere.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Never got anything from ya. :(

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

mattfl posted:

I need the following

Series 8

DJ
Evil Robot
Fairy
Business Man
Vampire Bat

Series 7

Computer Geek
Bunny Suit
Ocean King

I have a couple of unopened Ocean Kings I'll trade you one for the Actor. I can open and peek in to double check before shipping if you like.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

RodShaft posted:

I have a couple of unopened Ocean Kings I'll trade you one for the Actor. I can open and peek in to double check before shipping if you like.

Sounds like a plan. Shoot me an email mattfl @ gmail.com

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

mattfl posted:

Never got anything from ya. :(

mattfl to RodShaft posted:

Sounds like a plan. Shoot me an email mattfl @ gmail.com

mattfl to me posted:

I think I see the problem. Resending!

(Also, I just now realized that's supposed to be SA User Name. Yay me! :downs: )

Arkannoyed fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 16, 2012

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Stigs are pretty great. Normal sort of Lego keyrings, pretty much what you'd expect, but it's the Stig. Hope some enterprising person's going to prise a visor off one at some point, I want to know what's under there. :v:

Thanks for tipping the thread off to them, whoever it was.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Has anybody picked up the new Winter Village set? Especially since it is double points this month. Was looking to see if the set was worth getting, the box art looks pretty good when I saw ig at a Lego store.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Rythe posted:

Has anybody picked up the new Winter Village set?

Here's the official (not really the) designer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErB86g5ZP6E

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Rythe posted:

Has anybody picked up the new Winter Village set? Especially since it is double points this month. Was looking to see if the set was worth getting, the box art looks pretty good when I saw ig at a Lego store.

OR you could wait a month and get a Christmas set bonus (probably a small vignette) if you buy around Black Friday.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Pirate Ken posted:

OR you could wait a month and get a Christmas set bonus (probably a small vignette) if you buy around Black Friday.

Oh I was not aware Lego did anything like that for black Friday, guess I will have to keep a eye out to see what they are offering. I would rather get the bonus set instead of double points.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Rythe posted:

Oh I was not aware Lego did anything like that for black Friday, guess I will have to keep a eye out to see what they are offering. I would rather get the bonus set instead of double points.

Online 10% off, plus a few sets will be discounted. In stores 10% off, with possibility of 20% or 50% off. I got 20% last year and was very surprised/happy.

Last year sets like Emerald Night was 20% off. So, expect a few things like that. You'll have better luck in a store.

And the aforementioned bonus set. It's been confirmed that there will be one, but they haven't revealed what yet. There is usually a teaser image a week beforehand.

I make a pilgrimage to the LEGO store every black friday at some ungodly hour. It's great fun.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

More 2013 set images have leaked. Looks like Legends of Chima is going to be bringing the crazy just like Ninjago before it. Exhibit A:

Motherfucking CROC BOAT.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
That reminds me vaguely of one of my favorite G.I. Joe toys.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Not sure if this is common knowledge but an industry guy let slip during a 3D animation lecture that he was working on the Lego movie and also a TV series due next year. Nothing I'm particularly interested in, but I thought there might be a few here who are.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Lego Stig front and back. Visor is fixed shut, but his head looks to be plain black.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

beato posted:

Lego Stig front and back. Visor is fixed shut, but his head looks to be plain black.

I never realised before but apart from the face (young ice planet guy), my "build everything for this one guy" figure when I was younger was basically the Stig. I think I'm going to have to buy one now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Optimist Prime posted:

More 2013 set images have leaked. Looks like Legends of Chima is going to be bringing the crazy just like Ninjago before it. Exhibit A:

Motherfucking CROC BOAT.

More shockingly, it appears they have finally started making large quantities of military-drab green parts. I expect those bits to sell for a high price.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Captain Invictus posted:

More shockingly, it appears they have finally started making large quantities of military-drab green parts. I expect those bits to sell for a high price.

Several (maybe just one?) designers have commented that they sometimes choose colors for sets based on what is expensive on Bricklink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pirate Ken posted:

Several (maybe just one?) designers have commented that they sometimes choose colors for sets based on what is expensive on Bricklink.

Good.