Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Chapter 36 of My Girl is out, there've been a good clump of new chapters lately, scanlations have been coming out much more frequently than before. This one is especially great. How long is this series, 50 chapters I've heard, is that correct? If so, there's still a pretty decent amount of chapters to go before it finishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Chapter 36 of My Girl is out, there've been a good clump of new chapters lately, scanlations have been coming out much more frequently than before. This one is especially great. How long is this series, 50 chapters I've heard, is that correct? If so, there's still a pretty decent amount of chapters to go before it finishes.

Chapter 34 is the start of a new volume, and the table of contents in it puts the finale at Chapter 44. It's a shame it's ending so soon, it's really a great series. At least were getting scanlations regularly now.

tsuki
Aug 30, 2005
Lipstick Apathy
New Taiyou no Ie: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/134061/taiyou-no-ie_v4_ch15_by_maigo :3:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I've said it before, but I really like this manga. It's just so cute, newest chapter included. Stupid monthly release...

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm not sure how many people here actually follow Ah! My Goddess, and even if you don't it's not like you're missing much continuity-wise, but I want to just say that (from the latest chapter) god the artwork will always be a sight for sore eyes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Huh, this is kind of interesting: Fantagraphics is letting you pre-order/subscribe for the next three volumes of Wandering Son with a 20% discount.

http://www.fantagraphics.com/browse-shop/wandering-son-vols.-4-6-subscription-2.html?vmcchk=1

It's also kind of distressing because the next one isn't until Jan '13 :cry:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Nate RFB posted:

I'm not sure how many people here actually follow Ah! My Goddess, and even if you don't it's not like you're missing much continuity-wise, but I want to just say that (from the latest chapter) god the artwork will always be a sight for sore eyes.

Wait, Ah! My Goddess is still going on? :psyduck: I...I thought it'd stopped years ago.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That train ain't ever stopping. 11 chapters away from it being a clean 25 years in serialization. Though, it's possible Fujishima is gearing up for a endgame given the last few chapters.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
B-but...it was used as 'hilarious' references in MSTings, back when it was still called MSTing and Everything What is Crap actually had life. It's like finding NES games are still being produced. It's just so representative of 'old days gone by' in my head.

Anyway, 14 Sai no Koi enters its 6th chapter, in which there is another exciting development in the life of our beloved mature 14 year olds!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Good lord, I had no idea Ah My Goddess was ongoing, I've haven't read (or watched) it, but I thought it had been complete for years.

Turns out that Morinaga Milk's Girl Friends has gotten an actual English print version and her other title Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink is getting one.

And where the hell is the latest Aoi Hana? :arghfist::(

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 6, 2012

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New My Girl. I really like this one and the previous chapter. I also love the simplified faces the artist gives Koharu when she's happy or playing, they're really cute, almost Yotsuba-like.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

a kitten posted:

Turns out that Morinaga Milk's Girl Friends has gotten and actual English print version and her other title Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink is getting one.

I picked up Omnibus 1 of Girl Friends on Tuesday. It's on my shelf next to my Japanese copies.

I also picked up the new 2 volume version of Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink a few weeks ago since I didn't get the original printing before Milk wrote the second part. I don't mind missing out the original printing since I would have to get both of the new volumes anyway since the stories "Cherries for Your Lips" and "Real Feelings" is in volume 2 instead of volume 1.

It's good to know that's licensed too! Makes me happy. :)

coathat
May 21, 2007

On the other side of the fence Heart of Thomas is getting an American release this December. I hope it has as a good interview with Haigo like Drunken Dream did.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Anyone read Crazy for You; is it any good? It just popped up on jmanga and I noticed it was from the same author as Kimi ni Todoke.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nate RFB posted:

That train ain't ever stopping. 11 chapters away from it being a clean 25 years in serialization. Though, it's possible Fujishima is gearing up for a endgame given the last few chapters.

Probably, given how they finally had their first kiss last year, which I guess is kinda a big deal after 20+ years. It triggered the endgame possibly anyways.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They kissed well before that! But, that's about it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

They kissed well before that! But, that's about it.

You know, call me crazy here, but I think that's the point where you seriously start questioning what you want out of your relationship.

Shoujo romances would make for some awesome E/N threads. :allears:

coathat
May 21, 2007

Thats not shoujo mate.

New 14 Sai no Koi. This little mini arc has been pretty cute and funny.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

coathat posted:

Thats not shoujo mate.

New 14 Sai no Koi. This little mini arc has been pretty cute and funny.

I'd say it is a bit of a stretch to call it romance, even.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

According to lililicious, Aoi Hana has just been licensed by jmanga. Which is great news because it means I can give money to Shimura, even if it also means that it will probably take them a while to get caught up with the releases.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Do they only cover the full books or will they start translating the chapters as they come in? I've never used Jmanga before.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cityinthesea posted:

Do they only cover the full books or will they start translating the chapters as they come in? I've never used Jmanga before.

I have used Jmanga and I actually have no idea. Most of the stuff I've bought there was already complete by the time they picked it up; I know you can buy individual chapters, but I'm completely unsure if they publish them as they come out.

My hunch is they wait until each volume is done though.

I'm also not seeing that news on any of the official sites yet, so I'm wondering if lililicious (they've been the ones doing the scanlation) jumped the gun on that announcement a bit. :shobon:

e: Oh I just didn't dig hard enough:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-13/jmanga-adds-yozakura-quartet-elemental-gelade-aoi-hana

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 20, 2012

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Rose of Versailles has begun streaming:

http://www.viki.com/channels/10630-the-rose-of-versailles/videos/79999

coathat
May 21, 2007

Today is the best day. New chapters of Taiyou no Ie and Kuragehime!

And Kimi ni Todoke too.

coathat fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 19, 2012

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

coathat posted:

Today is the best day.

And Kimi ni Todoke too.

I haven't even had a chance to read it yet, but I love the splash page:

Sparkle Power: FULL MAX

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kids be growing up so fast these days.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh whoa. Kimi ni Todoke and Toradora just got added to Crunchyroll.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

a kitten posted:

According to lililicious, Aoi Hana has just been licensed by jmanga. Which is great news because it means I can give money to Shimura, even if it also means that it will probably take them a while to get caught up with the releases.

ALC publishing is already working on the translation, apparently, so there's that. They're also pretty quick with their output.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I hate Kimi ni Todoke's habit of breaking one single sentence into 2 word segments in separate chat bubbles. It makes me feel like they're all talking like Shatner.

I mean, it happens in almost every manga, it just feels like it happens ALL THE TIME in Kimi ni Todoke.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Kuragehime is back! Chapter 50.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

darkgray posted:

I've been hiding from this thread to make sure I don't spoil myself on KnT, but I was browsing release dates at an online bookstore and noticed that the first volume of Golden Time's manga edition is coming out soon. Has it been scanlated yet? The fourth volume of the novel series is about to be released, and the stuff I've read so far has been really good.

It's by the same author as Toradora, if anyone remembers that.

This quote is from months and months ago, but I was digging through the thread looking for something and ran across it. Which caused me to look for a scan and...

Golden Time by Takemiya Yuyuko the author of Toradora. It's the manga version of the light novel of the same name; I haven't even read a word of it yet, but what the hell, figured someone else like me who had forgotten about it might like to learn that there are translated chapters out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
New Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

Last couple of chapters have been pretty adorable.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

New Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

Last couple of chapters have been pretty adorable.

I agree It's been great lately.

New chapter of 7seeds and some poo poo is about to go down.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Decided to give Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun the anime a try and I like it so far with 3 episodes in. I was desperately hoping throughout the first episode that the whole dog-collar-and-chain visual was purely for the OP's sake and evidently the manga cover, because that stuff is one of the most off-putting things to ever see at an anime convention. Does anyone know how many episodes this show's supposed to get? I like the pace it's going at, but I'm also sensing that it might be because it'll get a half season treatment.

I'm also wanting to try out Suki-tte Ii na yo since I haven't seen any promising shoujo anime since Kimi ni Todoke. I actually wanted to watch that first before Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, but I thought I might not enjoy Tonari and wanted to get it out of the way. Anyone watched both so far? How does Suki-tte measure up?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Hey look what's back!

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bonnouji/v01/c023/

Willsun posted:

I'm also wanting to try out Suki-tte Ii na yo since I haven't seen any promising shoujo anime since Kimi ni Todoke. I actually wanted to watch that first before Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, but I thought I might not enjoy Tonari and wanted to get it out of the way. Anyone watched both so far? How does Suki-tte measure up?

I really enjoy the Suki-tte Ii na yo manga, but I think the anime so far has been pretty dull. The art just seems off like hell and the execution is pretty bad. I'm keeping up with it because it isn't terrible, but I can't say I'm not just a bit disappointed.

The manga is pretty fun though.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

I still can't believe the author actually progressed the relationship in a relatively normal way. Like, in a good way.

Thirty-Five Minutes
Aug 12, 2007
not a republic serial villain
I've enjoyed a lot of this thread's recommendations, so I thought I'd give one in return!

Horimiya is a series about a popular girl who's secretly kind of housewifely, and a nerdy-looking boy who's secretly outgoing. Six chapters have been translated so far.

http://mangafox.me/manga/horimiya/

It's one of the most :3: series I've read in a while, and both the characters are really endearing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Thirty-Five Minutes posted:

I've enjoyed a lot of this thread's recommendations, so I thought I'd give one in return!

Horimiya is a series about a popular girl who's secretly kind of housewifely, and a nerdy-looking boy who's secretly outgoing. Six chapters have been translated so far.

http://mangafox.me/manga/horimiya/

It's one of the most :3: series I've read in a while, and both the characters are really endearing.

Wait, how do you be 'secretly outgoing'?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
drat you, 35 Min :argh: I was just about to make a post on Horimiya!

Darth Walrus posted:

Wait, how do you be 'secretly outgoing'?

He's not outgoing at school. Just read the thing, it's brilliant. Also apparently this one is based on another manga named something like "Hori and Miyamura-kun".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Namazu posted:

I still can't believe the author actually progressed the relationship in a relatively normal way. Like, in a good way.
Bonnouji is a manga about making funny faces and mature relationships. It's nice.