Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
And that's assuming you don't just run the Commander as Azrael.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Or the librarian as Ezekiel.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Does anyone have any experience of converting plastic CSM left arms to go with metal sonic blasters? I have 4 of the blasters but only 2 of the metal arms, so i need to convert some up.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

CyberLord XP posted:

Crosspost: Finished my Mega Armor Warboss:

You keep posting this before richyp posts and it gets buried. Just wanted you to know the colours are popping and it is awesome. The dread arm was a good choice.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Yeah, that mega-armor boss is rad. Though I do prefer the smaller of the two klaw arms he made.

Flying Guillotine
Dec 29, 2005

by angerbot

PeterWeller posted:

But unlike the CSM half, you don't get a legal army and still have to buy another troop unit.

So buy another Dark Vengeance Dark Angels Tactical squad on ebay. Get some extra units of bikes, while you're at it.

PeterWeller posted:

Yeah, that mega-armor boss is rad. Though I do prefer the smaller of the two klaw arms he made.

Still like the regular claw arm better, not the dread arm.

Flying Guillotine
Dec 29, 2005

by angerbot
An updated pic of my DV Chosen:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PeterWeller posted:

Or the librarian as Ezekiel.

Or that. :v:

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

dishwasherlove posted:

You keep posting this before richyp posts and it gets buried. Just wanted you to know the colours are popping and it is awesome. The dread arm was a good choice.

PeterWeller posted:

Flying Guillotine posted:

Still like the regular claw arm better, not the dread arm.

Thanks gents! I'm really torn between the two arms myself. When I started I really liked the Dread better, but now I really like the posing of the smaller one. I'll just swap them back and forth until I inevitable lose one under my couch.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Lungboy posted:

Does anyone have any experience of converting plastic CSM left arms to go with metal sonic blasters? I have 4 of the blasters but only 2 of the metal arms, so i need to convert some up.

I'd suggest the heavy bolter left arm if you got it, it fits a heck of a lot better. Otherwise, you can make do with left arm bolter-holders--just chop off the hand at the wrist and you should be good to go.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

So buy another Dark Vengeance Dark Angels Tactical squad on ebay. Get some extra units of bikes, while you're at it.

Well, yeah. I was just pointing out you don't get a legal force in the box.

Flying Guillotine
Dec 29, 2005

by angerbot

PeterWeller posted:

Well, yeah. I was just pointing out you don't get a legal force in the box.

That's cool. The DV Tac squad and the rest of the DA stuff sells for slightly less than it should on ebay because it's DA-only.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

The plasma, plasma, plasma loadout probably doesn't help the price either.

Flying Guillotine
Dec 29, 2005

by angerbot
I've got a fever, and the only cure is... MORE PLASMA!

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
Doesn't bother me, man. I'll run it all Plasma. It's fluffy as all hell and I'm sure the armor will save them! :v:

Flying Guillotine
Dec 29, 2005

by angerbot

Vander posted:

Doesn't bother me, man. I'll run it all Plasma. It's fluffy as all hell and I'm sure the armor will save them! :v:

I can see them making plasma really good in the next book. Cruddace is writing it, so we'll see.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

I can see them making plasma really good in the next book. Cruddace is writing it, so we'll see.

What other books has he written besides Tyranids and IG?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Well, I doubt we'll see the profiles of plasma weapons change, but the rumor is that DA will get some sort of benefit regarding plasma as part of whatever they get instead of coward tactics.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

PeterWeller posted:

Well, I doubt we'll see the profiles of plasma weapons change, but the rumor is that DA will get some sort of benefit regarding plasma as part of whatever they get instead of coward tactics.

Yeah, I would guess they'll either get some bonus regarding Gets Hot, like maybe a re-roll or a bonus to saves against it, or maybe an HQ that twin-links plasma like Vulkan does for melta.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I don't suppose any of you are sitting on a spare Dark Eldar Webway Portal template/dome you want to sell are you?

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

I think the popular rumor at the beginning was they could re-roll Gets Hot armour saves but that might've just been made up. I hope they also get Terminator plasma weapons though, that'd be neat.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Karandras posted:

I think the popular rumor at the beginning was they could re-roll Gets Hot armour saves but that might've just been made up. I hope they also get Terminator plasma weapons though, that'd be neat.

Adding plasma cannons to the asscan/heavyflamer options for terminators would be pretty sweet.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I don't suppose any of you are sitting on a spare Dark Eldar Webway Portal template/dome you want to sell are you?

Nah, sorry. I use an old Dark Millenium cardboard vortex grenade template for mine.

Dominion posted:

Adding plasma cannons to the asscan/heavyflamer options for terminators would be pretty sweet.

That would be pretty rad. Although you'd want to cry every time you rolled two 1s in a row. :v:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

According to the leaked list of upcoming releases (has that been debunked?), they should be releasing a new version some time in the near future.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Arbite posted:

According to the leaked list of upcoming releases (has that been debunked?), they should be releasing a new version some time in the near future.

That was an Eldar webway gate, a fortification of some sort if that list is to be believed.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

PeterWeller posted:

That was an Eldar webway gate, a fortification of some sort if that list is to be believed.

That almost seems too good to be true. But I'm a sucker for anything that lets me make my tabletops look more like DoW battlefields.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PeterWeller posted:

Man, if Dark Angels don't get stubborn I'll be kind of mildly upset for a little while. They had that before anyone else did.

I hadn't heard this. I'm cool with that, IG are strong and I like the Tyranids book. At least the fluff might be somewhat decent.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Asphyxious posted:

That almost seems too good to be true. But I'm a sucker for anything that lets me make my tabletops look more like DoW battlefields.

Oh man, it would be so sweet if I could field a webway portal and hide a squad or two of aspects inside. Faction specific fortifications are one of the potentials of 6E that I really hope they explore. Imagine all the sweet possibilities.

Safety Factor posted:

Man, if Dark Angels don't get stubborn I'll be kind of mildly upset for a little while. They had that before anyone else did.

With ATSKNF, they really don't need stubborn. My guess is that they'll get some boost to plasma and maybe a buff against CSM. I say that because the rules sheet for the special edition DV chaplain says his litanies give him and his squad re-rolls on all to-hit rolls against CSM, both in CC and shooting. So maybe they'll carve out a niche as the anti-CSM loyalists.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Safety Factor posted:

I hadn't heard this. I'm cool with that, IG are strong and I like the Tyranids book. At least the fluff might be somewhat decent.

IG are strong because Cruddance is bad at point costs and got lucky.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah, a lot of our stuff is either useless or way too under/over-costed. Penal Legion probably cost too much, Ogryn will murder your points/wallet and they still won't be good, and half the 'Russ variants kind of aren't very good.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Lungboy posted:

Do you roll on the Gift table if you kill a champion from range? Most of the description talks about melee but the important line just says to roll whenever a champion kills a champion.

This got lost on the last page. Is it melee only, or would a ranged kill count?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The intention looks like it might be just for challenges given the context, but the rule itself is clear, any kill of a champion by a champion gets a roll.

They might FAQ it, but I don't think you're out of order taking a roll for a shooting kill.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Lungboy posted:

This got lost on the last page. Is it melee only, or would a ranged kill count?

"Whenever a character with the Champion
of Chaos special rule kills an enemy character"

"If an enemy character dies as a result of multiple
Wounds being allocated to it simultaneously, and one or
more of those Wounds were caused by the champion, that
champion still rolls on the Chaos Boon table. Note that
destroying models in a Sweeping Advance does not confer a
roll on the Chaos Boon table."

Yeah it's pretty clear it is due to anything and they even clarify the one way in which it doesn't count. Multiple wounds allocated simultaneously would only really happen outside of a challenge.

That's pretty neat though, you can use your 6's to hit on your champions to try and pick off squad sergeants and get a roll on the table. It makes plasma pistols a lot better.

Evil Fiend
Apr 30, 2003

If a unit with a champion attacks another unit with a character in it and during the resolution of the many wounds the enemy character dies would you say the champion gets a boon since he was involved in the wounds that killed the character?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

An updated pic of my DV Chosen:

Alpha Legion? I do so love them.

Though what bothers me is, despite how frequently they're shown as CSM armies (including front-and-center in the new codex), it seems like they'd be the least likely Chaos chapter to actually send out entire companies of astartes and daemons to battle. A "fluffy" AL army would probably consist of more traitor guard, and maybe just a squad or two of marines.

The newest anthology, Traitors of the Space Marines, has a very well-done AL story in it, though. It does a good job of demonstrating just why they may have a lot to do with why the Imperium is as awful as it is.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Mazed posted:

Though what bothers me is, despite how frequently they're shown as CSM armies (including front-and-center in the new codex), it seems like they'd be the least likely Chaos chapter to actually send out entire companies of astartes and daemons to battle. A "fluffy" AL army would probably consist of more traitor guard, and maybe just a squad or two of marines.

And with the allies rule, now you can!

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Karandras posted:

That's pretty neat though, you can use your 6's to hit on your champions to try and pick off squad sergeants and get a roll on the table. It makes plasma pistols a lot better.

For characters, I guess the magical torrent flamer would be your best bet for reliably sniping off enemy sergeants, since you can hit a great swathe of 'em.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So in making an Imperial Guard list, what units should I avoid? For context, I am planning on running a ground based guard list with no Vendetta support because fluffiness.

I know that Ogryns are absolute junk. Are Stormtroopers/Kasrkin any good?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Have just got my first DV Dark Angels...so looking at pictures on Google Image Search, it seems like most people leave the Dark Angel iconography in place when doing their Fallen Angel versions. What are people doing with the huge wings on the HQ and biker units? I was thinking of painting them black or red with heavy highlights rather than cutting them off or marring them in some other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Guillotine
Dec 29, 2005

by angerbot
Hey guys, how thick are the space hulk floor tiles? Are the spaces in inches or millimeters?

edit: 30 x 30 mm, going by tiles in previous editions.

Flying Guillotine fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 15, 2012

• Locked thread